PDA

View Full Version : price of an oz in your hood

Iggy
02-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I just wanted to get an idea of the price and availability of an ounce of heroin around the country. I wanted to try and get first hand information, like can you yourself go out and buy an ounce if you had the money and what would would it cost you? Would most people here have an easy or difficult time buying weight like this? Finally what type of dope are you getting and what is its strenghth of 1/10 gram relative to oxycodone?

In denver, the really good tar that stands out way above the rest runs $1,150 an oz. My usual driver will bring weight like this no problem. I would say a tenth of a gram is equal to about 140mg oxycodone. If you buy just a 1/10 it will run about $8 for it. Not bad overall. A good place if you are dedicated to supporting a habit. Whats your scene like when it comes to weight like an oz?

If you have experience with larger weight i'd like to hear about it also.

AnitaFix
02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
well a good price is quarter OZ (7grams) for $800, 1/2 for about $1500
so an ounce should be $2800 ..considering retail is way more then in the states..

it's not uncommon to see grams for $150+, at time $200+ with shitty links,
quarters should be $40 but 50-60 is not unheard of

nycjrt
02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=Iggy;467043
If you have experience with larger weight i'd like to hear about it also.[/QUOTE]

i wish.

LuckyNumber13
02-03-2010, 04:46 PM
baltimore - $2200-$2600 for an oz of raw

deceiver
02-03-2010, 05:52 PM
South Bay Area, CA- I used to get Ozs for about $400-500. This was probably a year or two ago and it was shitty tar. Never bought quantities larger than that so I couldn't say how much anything else went for.

blues
02-03-2010, 07:35 PM
a tenth of gram (.1) is equal to 140mg oc??
that must be some fiiiiiire

Opie I. T.
02-03-2010, 08:17 PM
a tenth of gram (.1) is equal to 140mg oc??
that must be some fiiiiiire

yes sir. i have this friend, goes by swim. he lived around the denver area last summer and got to try some denver black. he was very surprised at the quality as he had thought that tar was an inferior product. he quickly changed his mind though after doing a .15 shot. apples and oranges or whatever, but he claimed the $15 (.15) worth of black was comparable to a couple of oc 80's. where he was from orginally, that would of cost him $100 if he was lucky. paying $160 wasnt unheard either for the same amt. he was sickend at the thought at how much he had been paying back home for those silly pills! sorry to derail, as he never bought more than a gram at a time and cant answer the op's question, but just wanted to share swims exp with the denver black.

trainwrecker
02-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I can't get them anymore, but used to be able to for 2500 in Lansing, MI

duck
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Buying and possessing large amounts of heroin terrifies me. It was always a huge fucking hassle, but I always just scored every few days, so I could eat whatever I was buying if I were to get pulled over.

I mean, I understand that its unlikely you're going to get pulled over, and if you do it is unlikely you're going to get searched (if you're a clean cut looking person and handle yourself well with authority)...but still, the consequences of getting caught with an ounce of heroin are MASSIVE. Even your first offense, weight almost always equals time, regardless of your $50,000 lawyer. Heroin is just the worst drug you could be caught withj in most parts of the country, often beyond meth.

blues
02-03-2010, 10:47 PM
wow,and here i am,just like your friend or swim or whoever,thinking tar is the far inferior product.
ive never gotten powder that a .1 would equal that of a few 80s(not saying it doesnt exist)
thats just fucking crazy dude,this thread turned my whole view on tar around
(if youre not bullshittin,which im not saying you are)

edit:and duck i agree with you,not to mention that they will probably through distr. charges onto it as well,i mean c'mon,i dont know many junkies out there coppin' ozs at a time for "personal use"

austinslacker
02-03-2010, 10:49 PM
$1700 floated, but all tar and its been years back.

Peace

Iggy
02-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah, getting popped with an Oz would be a nightmare, especially since my dog would prolly be sporting a public defender at that trial. My dog is not at all interested in being a dealer, so an ounce is the most he would ever really need to buy.

Indy
02-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Buying and possessing large amounts of heroin terrifies me. It was always a huge fucking hassle, but I always just scored every few days, so I could eat whatever I was buying if I were to get pulled over.

I mean, I understand that its unlikely you're going to get pulled over, and if you do it is unlikely you're going to get searched (if you're a clean cut looking person and handle yourself well with authority)...but still, the consequences of getting caught with an ounce of heroin are MASSIVE. Even your first offense, weight almost always equals time, regardless of your $50,000 lawyer. Heroin is just the worst drug you could be caught withj in most parts of the country, often beyond meth.

Yeah I'm a naturally paranoid person when it comes to drugs, so I would be freaking the fuck out if i had an ounce. I'd be so nervous that I'd probably try SOOO hard to drive perfectly, which might cause me to forget my blinker or some stupid shit like that and get pulled over. And then your adult life is pretty much over if you get caught with it.

Although I guess there's less chance of getting caught buying an ounce once a month (or whatever, i don't know much about how long it lasts but i figure a gram a day- 28 days so even if you have a decent habit it would last about a month at least) than buying a few bags every other day simply because you're taking the chance way more often then. But while the chance of getting caught might be lower, the actual RISK is much bigger because the penalty is waaaay worse.

No matter how much I think about it, I still cannot wrap my head around accept the fact that if you get caught with more than a certain amount, you're automatically charged as a dealer. I mean in a criminal case the logic is SUPPOSED to be that you're presumed innocent, right? So how does it make ANY sense at all to charge you as a dealer when they can't prove you had any intent to actually sell it? Rhetorical question, I know the answer and the answer is: Bullshit. Or horseshit. Or if you're playing jeopardy, "What is a massive steaming pile of unbelievable buffalo diarrhea?"

dieselbaby
02-04-2010, 12:54 AM
One time some friends might have heard a story about ounces in Indianapolis going for $3000, for the rawest of the raw powder (off-white, very little distinguishable odor, powder, small pebbles). In Hartford, CT a few years back someone told me a story about ounces going for $2800 of also very high purity (compressed rock) light beige powder, albeit not as good as the Indianapolis stuff.

chopstix
02-04-2010, 01:09 AM
I bet in Santa Cruz I could have gotten an ounce at an open market for about 300. I know for fact quarter pieces were 100 or better.

If I were to base out and clean up that ounce, I'd probably wind up with 3/8-1/2oz pure dope and a strong cup of sweet, black coffee..

Indy
02-04-2010, 03:43 AM
I bet in Santa Cruz I could have gotten an ounce at an open market for about 300. I know for fact quarter pieces were 100 or better.

$300? Seriously? That's unbelievable (figuratively, not literally), a bag is .1 g right? So wouldn't that work out to somewhere around a DOLLAR A BAG? Jesus that's cheap, how much does a regular bag cost there when NOT buying weight?

chrisinabox
02-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Indy, tar on the west coast is usually super cheap and is thus usually very weak in quality. I know someone in Sacremento who said the usual for grams is $15-30 and a half gram is a normal dose! Around here, a dose is 0.05-0.1g or less depending on tolerance with the quality here, and I've heard there is even better quality tar heroin around.

The price around here (Dallas) for an ounce of black tar heroin is anywhere from $1200-1600 depending on quality, which is good most of the time, depending on dealer. Mind you this ounce is a "mexican ounce" and weighs 24.8 grams. I hate the stupid mexican weights but what can you do.

Also, I definitely wouldn't say it's easy to get an ounce. It's hard enough finding a heroin dealer at all here in Dallas, let alone a good one. It took me forever to find a good dealer who sells in bulk at a fair price and good consistent quality.

deceiver
02-04-2010, 03:23 PM

If I were to base out and clean up that ounce, I'd probably wind up with 3/8-1/2oz pure dope and a strong cup of sweet, black coffee..

Yeah I was referring to Santa Cruz in my earlier post; I bought ozs there on a few different occasions and they were mindblowingly cheap. The least I ever paid for a zip was like 350 and the most expensive was 500. Granted I've only bought an ounce like 4 or 5 times in my life. Still in Santa Cruz you could get an oz of dope for dirt cheap and from just about anyone who had access to dope. Yeah quarterpieces were generally 100 but the last time I copped in SC (Nov 09) I was getting 4 or 5 grams for 100. Maybe the wild wild west SC scene is finally dying out?...

^^chris I think you're referring to Bay Area tar. The tar in the Bay is about that cheap and is notoriously pretty shitty. The town I used to live in, Santa Cruz, had some of the cheapest heroin probably outside of Mexico or SEA but it was bad dope. In Sac grams generally go for the standard 40-50 and are pretty good. Nothing special but compared to Bay dope Sac dope is better imo. No clue how much a zip goes for in Sactown.

China white
02-07-2010, 02:34 PM
on the west coast like stix said is incredibly cheap, im not sure but in the northwest (seatlle, portland) one can get a ball for like 35 dollars, when i first heard that i thought the person was mistaken.

limitless_euphoria
02-07-2010, 08:19 PM

How do you do this Chopstix? "base out and clean up" ...is there some kind of purification you can do?

duck
02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Isn't this the same topic that was covered in Chopstix's "Want to see what's in my dope?" thread? I tried advanced and regular search and could not find it.

chopstix
02-07-2010, 10:41 PM
How do you do this Chopstix? "base out and clean up" ...is there some kind of purification you can do?

You can run what they call an "A/B" or acid/base extraction with H; I'm not gonna give out a step by step but you basically freebase the dope, just like coke, and then pull it away from the rest of the crap with a np solvent, then either evap down to the base (herion #2) or re-acidify and pull it out of the solvent.

It's not that hard, I'm not a chemist and I get most of what's going on. You can turn the crap that they sell in Norcal in %95+ powder with just a few easy to get chems but few people do it, not sure why. If I *wanted* to be a junky, damn straight I'd be doing it and selling the shit for premium, but %95 dope is the last thing I need right now..

Isn't this the same topic that was covered in Chopstix's "Want to see what's in my dope?" thread? I tried advanced and regular search and could not find it.

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=16445

We weren't basing the dope, we were basing out the cut.