PDA

View Full Version : Best way to use a duragesic patch?

skroomadoom
01-30-2010, 06:39 PM
I have about a third of a 75mcg/hr duragesic (not the kind with the gel, the sticker kind) patch and I'm wondering what the best way to use it is? My friends smoke them off foil but I tried it and it didn't seem to work that well. I've heard you can cut off a piece and put it in your mouth but I don't know how much to use. I do about 80mg of oxy to get high, how much should I "cheek" to get an equivalent high? Is there another way I'm not thinking about that would work?

JonnyM
01-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Cheeking works well for some people and smoking for others, so I can't really answer that portion of the question for you, you should skim the fentanyl forum though as we have boat loads of information on gel patches.

The advice I impart is be really careful .25mcg's of fent is roughly 40mg of oxycodone (when taking in cross tolerance)... It's very easy to die when you arent sure of what you are doing. Best luck to ya.

skroomadoom
02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
You just pointed me to the fentanyl forum obviously I know there is a fentanyl forum if I'm posting in it...did I violate some kind of unwritten rule or something?

What I'm looking for is some specific information relating to mylan patches in my particular situation. I.e. what is the best route of administration? How much should I do with my tolerance (40-80mg OC)? How long should I hold it in my mouth if I "cheek" it?

To give an update -- I ended up smoking most of the patch and got some effects -- pinning eyes, general body warmth, feeling chilled out -- but not the intense high I was looking for. I cheeked ~10mcg/hr worth and didn't get much.

The other day I bought another 40mcg/hr (40% of a 100mcg/hr patch). I smoked about 10mcg/hr of it and had the same effects as before. Then the next day I decided I was going to get the fent high I've been looking for no matter what and I sat there and smoked ~30mcg/hr in one sitting. I ended up with slightly blurred vision, maybe almost a "nod", but not really much euphoria or really that intense of a high at all.

All my friends seem to love these patches. Am I doing something wrong? The way I smoke them is cutting off a square in between 1/8 sq in and 1/4 sq in, about the size of a standard blotter hit of acid if you mess with that, stick it on the foil, light from underneath, inhale, and then hold for ~30 seconds. Should I take bigger hits at once? Am I smoking it wrong somehow?

Also, if I decided to go the cheeking route, how much should I do and how long should I hold it there?

dharma bum
02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
he 'gently guided' you to "skim" the fentanyl forums we have here. maybe your answer lies there. And probably the main reasond you're not getting any answers is because all the answers are subjective but one our esteemed members her, J. Mokawk pointed out .25 mcg is equivalent to a about 40 mg of oc.

And I'd probaly just wear the patch or cheeck a little bit of it because your tolerance is probaly very low as you seem very young.

Dhedmo
02-04-2010, 07:18 PM
As directed.

I mean, yeah, you'll get higher smoking it (if you don't do an Eternal Keyboard Faceplant). But you'll push your tolerance to an uncatchable level. Fentanyl is a murderous kick, too.

The bottom line is, once you've titrated, it's not that difficult to maintain euphoria for at least a third of the time. (Without getting sick.)

By withholding your patch change as long as you can (and using a lower dosage, if possible), one can lower tolerance. It can be raised a bit as well to keep the ride rolling.

For me, maintaining the lowest possible tolerance is key.

Everyone's got to make their own choices.

We've lost more than a couple of Ophiles after they started smoking, and it's only fair to point out that, in the long run, bigger ain't necessarily better.

I was a long-time Rx fent user, btw.

Good luck.

skroomadoom
02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
he 'gently guided' you to "skim" the fentanyl forums we have here. maybe your answer lies there. And probably the main reasond you're not getting any answers is because all the answers are subjective but one our esteemed members her, J. Mokawk pointed out .25 mcg is equivalent to a about 40 mg of oc.

And I'd probaly just wear the patch or cheeck a little bit of it because your tolerance is probaly very low as you seem very young.

I already skimmed the forums and didn't find the answers I was looked for. I understand that .25mcg is equivalent to 40mg of OC, but that doesn't seem to translate well for my experience.

Everyone talks about getting really high off smoking it, but I wasn't really that impressed. Do you smoke bigger pieces at once or what?

duck
02-04-2010, 07:57 PM
cheeking works great.

Ickyuck
02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah... Cheeking, and UTMFSE.

shoybs
02-05-2010, 01:50 AM
cut the piece you have into 1/4ths and try cheeking that.