PDA

View Full Version : Give plasma while dope/pharms still in system?

djbrutis
01-27-2010, 08:44 AM
didn't know how to delete the thread. i UTFSE after posting and got what I needed. sorry for the fuckup!

GOLD N DIEMONDS
01-27-2010, 10:35 AM
OKAY WHAT WAS THE ANSWER???
you can
you can't
srsly

Synack
01-27-2010, 11:04 AM
The local places won't let me donate blood or plasma since I'm on meds & have sleep apnea..

norseman
01-27-2010, 11:23 AM
The local places won't let me donate blood or plasma since I'm on meds & have sleep apnea..

Hey Synack, do you know the reason behind not letting people with sleep apnea donate? Doesn't make any sense to me.

blackman
01-27-2010, 11:31 AM
OKAY WHAT WAS THE ANSWER???
you can
you can't
srsly

You can donate if drugs are still in your system.

The stipulations come if you have ever IVd or used drugs intrantranasally.

You can't donate if you've ever IVd a drug not prescribed by a physician.

If you use drugs intranasally, they usually want you to deferr donating for atleast 12 months, but local places might have they're own guidelines about that.

WhyCatsPaint
01-27-2010, 11:32 AM

Wow... I'm curious as to why also and if that decision is just based on that particular clinic guidelines. I wonder if it has anything to do with the oxygen in the blood?

I would like to donate since I have been on the receiving end I would like to give back but I have to wait a few more months and I also fear me being anemic will be an issue if I don't get my iron levels up. They may say no to me considering my past medical history too but maybe one day I can give back.

djbrutis
02-01-2010, 09:52 PM
hahaha i posted this, and ended up being more specific in the search engine and found what i was looking for. then i completely forgot about it

to be honest, the thread i found, the OP was a little bit flamed for wanting to lie about drug use, because the plasma will be transferred to other people and it's a moral issue, etc. i'm not one that likes to be flamed! haha

actually, i did have one question that i cant remember was answered in the previous thread: what do they do about people with tracks? i haven't been an IV user for awhile, so they aren't bad at all.

I never went in, i found out you take a physical and medical exam the first day, and when all is well you can come back in to donate. typically 1-3 days, junkies can't wait that long!!

i'll eventually do it though, its an awesome way to come up with dope money when broke.

The_Chef
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Granted, I lied about the IV drug use (no visible tracks on my arms, at least at the times I was donating, to betray me) but I have never had any trouble donating blood/plasma. I'm pretty sure that what trace amounts of dope there are in your blood would degrade pretty quickly so it is pretty much a non-issue although needle use is for obvious reasons.

Indy
02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I think the amount of opiates in your system would have to pretty damn high for it to make a bit of difference. And hypothetically even if i was against drugs, if i needed plasma i wouldn't care if it had a bit of dope in it, it's better than dying, right?