PDA

View Full Version : Temazepam.. not like any other benzo I've tried.

harmonik
01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
And it's a weird one.

I've never really liked benzos. My one word description of xanax would be "icky," valium would be "feathery icky," and klonopin would be "weak feathery icky."

They just make me feel gross... unpleasant.

Well, not temazepam.
I've been taking 50mg of temazepam sometimes thruout the day. It reduces my inhibitions (ie: more likely to do something stupid or break the law) but not in the way that alprazolam would. I get a happy feeling off of these..

I feel so in love with the world and concerned about other people. When I take blackout doses, I check my facebook the next day and I have like 2-3 messages I sent to girls pouring my heart out to them.

I get a feeling like xanax mixed with mdma. When on xanax normally, I'm a fucking dickhead douchebag extraordinaire. Not with these.

Anyone else get the same thing? or happen to know what causes this..? I mean, they should work in just about all the same ways as the other benzos, right? So is there any other receptor that is effected by temazepam that gives me this feeling as opposed to the other "icky" benzos?

Larry
01-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Just dont try shooting temazepam, good way to lose limbs

Thanat0s
01-24-2010, 03:18 PM
And it's a weird one.

I've never really liked benzos. My one word description of xanax would be "icky," valium would be "feathery icky," and klonopin would be "weak feathery icky."

They just make me feel gross... unpleasant.

Well, not temazepam.
I've been taking 50mg of temazepam sometimes thruout the day. It reduces my inhibitions (ie: more likely to do something stupid or break the law) but not in the way that alprazolam would. I get a happy feeling off of these..

I feel so in love with the world and concerned about other people. When I take blackout doses, I check my facebook the next day and I have like 2-3 messages I sent to girls pouring my heart out to them.

I get a feeling like xanax mixed with mdma. When on xanax normally, I'm a fucking dickhead douchebag extraordinaire. Not with these.

Anyone else get the same thing? or happen to know what causes this..? I mean, they should work in just about all the same ways as the other benzos, right? So is there any other receptor that is effected by temazepam that gives me this feeling as opposed to the other "icky" benzos?
i was getting temazepam awhile,
and i never liked benzos,
due their blackout nature...
sounds like yer running hard.
dunno about other receptor activity

Narkotikon
01-24-2010, 03:26 PM
I was just going to say a lot of people like Temazepam to shoot, because I think it's one of the odd benzos that's water soluble. Not quite sure about that though. I know it's more controlled than other benzos in some European countries because of this. Like, you know how in the US benzos are C-IV, well in certain European countries it would be the equivalent to a C-III or something like that.

Anyway, I've had Temaz before, but I didn't shoot it. I just did bumps of it. I believe I had both the 30mg and 15mg caps. I remember getting them in the mail back in 2006 when I lived on my own and the person who packaged them didn't think to pad, and what I ended up with was a bunch of Temazepam powder and broken green shells from the gel-caps. It was a bitch to have to pick out the shells before snorting.

Anyway, I enjoyed them, but I not as much as I enjoy Xanax or Klonopin or Ativan. Temazepam is more sedating, which is not surprising because while it has anxiolytic properties, it's more hypnotic than anti-anxiety. I like benzos, although I don't think they're that euphoric. But, yeah, I like them, but I prefer the ones where I can stay awake on them.

Like, when I did it, I'd do a small bump to calm me down, but not enough to knock me out...maybe 15mg or so.

The only other thing I noticed about Temazepam was that it caused a more rapid increase in tolerance. What I mean is, the bag of powder I got lasted about a week and a half, but by the end, I had to take bigger bumps / lines almost to get the same affect. Whereas with Klonopin or Xanax I'm pretty good for at least three-four weeks at the same starting dose.

Eventually, though, you will have to increase the dose with any benzo to get that "high" again, if you take it everyday I mean. For instance, I still take my Klonopin as scripted on most days. Most days I take 1mg TID. On a rare occasion I might take 1mg four times a day, and then the next day I'll take 1mg BID. So the point is I never run out. It always evens out.

But the point is also after having been on Klonopin since November daily now, I don't get a buzz anymore. It just calms me down, and I can feel it, but it's certainly not like it was in the beginning.

Paregoric Kid
01-24-2010, 06:08 PM
out of all the benzos I have tried temazepam is definitely my favorite. I used to just swallow the capsules or empty the powder under my tongue and squirt some alcohol or glycerin on it, and then let it dissolve under my tongue. do they even make a pharmaceutical injection form of temazepam? I couldn't find any info of any kind of injectable form. in fact I found lots of things that say temazepam is really bad for the veins so they probably don't make injectable temazepam. but who cares, its great when taken sublingually or orally.

harmonik
01-24-2010, 06:31 PM
well, the whole bad for veins thing..
in south africa temazepam is really popular. they come in gel caps down there. people mix the gel with water and bang em which leads to collapsed veins or whatever else..

i've got just about a perfect way of shooting these.

here in america i've had 2 brand of temazepam and both were powder in capsules. they don't mix with water.

with the mylan brand:
throw the powder in a spoon, mix in .3 cc of high-proof drinking alcohol OR isopropyl. mix it until it's all cloudy and foggy. then, take another .3 cc of alcohol and drip it on top. don't mix. blow on the powder/alcohol towards the edge of the spoon (or just let it sit) and if you hold it in the light, you'll see what appears to be an oily substance sitting on top of the alcohol. it's like temazepam doesn't dissolve in alcohol.. it's like it's less dense than it or something. (not quite sure, but i know this is temazepam..)

draw out this top layer or skim it off and put it into a bottlecap or another fresh spoon. filter it, add the same amount of water to dilute the alcohol, and shoot.

you can skim JUST the temazepam off with a very minute amount of alcohol (talking .1 cc or less) to avoid complications from injecting alcohol.

i really like shooting these. if i'm pissed off, i'm instantly happy after. if i cant sleep, instantly tired (with 100-150mg)..

GOLD N DIEMONDS
01-24-2010, 09:31 PM
If you really like temazepam and the effects

REALLY try not to use like this more than 1-2 times a week
TOLERANCE RAISES ridiculously fast, like Narkotikon noted above
really within a week of just using as directed - 30mgs at nite for sleep
30mg turns into 60->90 very very fast
not big on benzos
BUT I do like these--------(calling in refill now) :)

Seedy
01-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Yeah bro, temaz is my fave out of all the benzos i've tried. the only one that can make me truly euphoric, all warm & fuzzy like. unfortunately they're pretty hard to come by here except for these poxy 10mg ones called normisons (10 mg = ~ 5mg diazepam) so i can rarely get hold of enough to get a decent buzz on. i like the fact that with their short half life you can take pretty large doses and not be all groggy the next day like on a similar dose of say clonaz or diaz.

Spikey
01-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Wow, I'm shocked & feeling a little stupid. I get them for sleep, also known as restoril. I didn't even realize they were a benzo. I never tried using them during the daytime, but then again I don't really enjoy the benzo high unless I'm taking them before I go to the dentist.

So good to know, maybe I'll think about using them when I'm flying.:o

dr. benway
01-24-2010, 11:26 PM
temazepam, IME, have been the best benzo. They are more sedating and have a cleaner feel.

Synack
01-25-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't get it, I get these like candy but they don't do jack for me orally and I'm not about to IV them...

I also can get kpins just by asking but I hate how I feel hungover for days... what I really want is lorazepam but my doc won't rx it for sleep...

DCBA
01-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah, temazepam and nitrazepam are the "drunken" benzos for me! They are the ones that produce an effect that is more related to drinking alchool than taking other benzos!
I do love temazepam and nitrazepam, they are my favorite benzos for socializing like alchool do..

I was just going to say a lot of people like Temazepam to shoot, because I think it's one of the odd benzos that's water soluble. Not quite sure about that though.
Its not water soluble!
The reason why a lot of people would inject temazepam is because it was sold (and still is in some countries like portugal) in liquid capsules. To inject it all you had to do was to put the liquid inside the capsule in the seringe and than inject it! But its not soluble in water! In the capsules i think it comes soluble in glycol400 or something like that..
Look for instance the US... in the US the liquid capsule is not available so temazepam injection is not a big thing there or doesn't even exists.. In the UK and other countries where the liquid caps are/were available is where temazepam injection become a trend..
In here (Portugal) its still sold in liquid capsules, each capsule contains 20mg dissolved in 1ml. You don't really need to mix it with water depending on needle size... at least the formulation that is sold here doesn't..
The only commercial benzo that is soluble in water is midazolam!

Synack: temazepam is not a strong benzo in tolerance power! If you have a large tolerance to other stronger receptor afinity benzos then you will need a lot of temazepam to have an effect from it.. But that is because of tolerance to stronger afinity benzos! In the right dose/tolerance is one hell of a benzo!

Synack
01-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Yeah, temazepam and nitrazepam are the "drunken" benzos for me! They are the ones that produce an effect that is more related to drinking alchool than taking other benzos!
I do love temazepam and nitrazepam, they are my favorite benzos for socializing like alchool do..

Its not water soluble!
The reason why a lot of people would inject temazepam is because it was sold (and still is in some countries like portugal) in liquid capsules. To inject it all you had to do was to put the liquid inside the capsule in the seringe and than inject it! But its not soluble in water! In the capsules i think it comes soluble in glycol400 or something like that..
Look for instance the US... in the US the liquid capsule is not available so temazepam injection is not a big thing there or doesn't even exists.. In the UK and other countries where the liquid caps are/were available is where temazepam injection become a trend..
In here (Portugal) its still sold in liquid capsules, each capsule contains 20mg dissolved in 1ml. You don't really need to mix it with water depending on needle size... at least the formulation that is sold here doesn't..

Synack: temazepam is not a strong benzo in tolerance power! If you have a large tolerance to other stronger receptor afinity benzos then you will need a lot of temazepam to have an effect from it.. But that is because of tolerance to stronger afinity benzos! In the right dose/tolerance is one hell of a benzo!

I was taking 3 15mg pills and not feeling shit - before that I was on 1mg kpin at night and that would mess me up...maybe I should give Temazepam again..

Narkotikon
01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Its not water soluble!

Sorry, my bad. You are correct. I checked it out on Wiki. It's only very slightly soluble in water. For some odd reason I was thinking it was soluble in water. But, yeah, it also talked about what you're talking about, about the gel-cap thing. Those aren't available here, so I'm sure that's partly why people don't inject Temazepam here as often as they do there. Although, as others have said, there are ways of injecting it.

But, anyway, thanks for the clarification. In the US we usually get 15 and 30mg gel caps of Temazepam powder with other fillers I'm sure.

LuckyNumber13
01-26-2010, 12:06 PM
my favorite benzo would be the one that you can actually remember what you did when you were high on it. They haven't made that one yet lol

eukodalic
01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
because while it has anxiolytic properties, it's more hypnotic than anti-anxiety.

+1 on this, Narkotikon. I was scripted the yellow Mylan 15's years ago. Another interesting property temaz had for me was "benzo-appetite." Man, those babies would really make eating fun, until you fell asleep with your face in the cardboard gallon package of ice cream you didn't remember eating in the morning!:) Almost any food, on temazepam, would seem like you were eating manna from heaven, an odd side effect...;) Very little "druggy" hangover feeling from them, at prescribed levels. I did find their hypnotic qualities to be rather appealing, and they kind of made you "love the world and all its people." When actually I'm mad at a lot of them...:D

Narkotikon
01-26-2010, 01:44 PM
+1 on this, Narkotikon. I was scripted the yellow Mylan 15's years ago. Another interesting property temaz had for me was "benzo-appetite." Man, those babies would really make eating fun, until you fell asleep with your face in the cardboard gallon package of ice cream you didn't remember eating in the morning!:) Almost any food, on temazepam, would seem like you were eating manna from heaven, an odd side effect...;) Very little "druggy" hangover feeling from them, at prescribed levels. I did find their hypnotic qualities to be rather appealing, and they kind of made you "love the world and all its people." When actually I'm mad at a lot of them...:D

Falling asleep with a half-gallon or pint of ice cream in your lap, waking up to find it melted all over you, your clothes, couch, floors, etc. was EXACTLY how my last six months or so on methadone maintenance went.

Like I said, I've only had Temazepam that one time, and the powder lasted for about a week and a half, but it didn't give me the munchies like you're describing. I do remember feeling more calmed down and talkative, but no more than when I take any other benzo.

I think temazepam is fun, but b/c it's more hypnotic, I'd rather take something that's more anxiolytic because I'd like to stay awake to enjoy it.

But yeah, as far as food goes, benzos seem to make me eat less. I love it. I've been loosing weight ever since I've been on Prozac and Klonopin. I love it when anything has "anorexia" as a side-effect.

I want to loose this damned MMT weight that I've had ever since I left the clinic in Oct. 2006. I'm tired of being a fat ass. I want to fit into my preppy J.Crew clothes again.

My mother keeps saying I should donate them. FUCK NO! My J.Crew Merino and Cashmere sweaters are classics that will NEVER go out of style. I WILL wear them again one day. Plus I have about 20 or more $75 or more button-up shirts that I bought back then, not just from J.Crew but also Banana Republic and Brooks Brothers. I'm not donating that shit.

I will get back down to my junky fighting weight of 155-160 one of these days. I WILL!

harmonik
01-26-2010, 02:05 PM
haha i know what you mean.. man just the other night i went all out on peanutbutter chocolate milkshakes and steamed vegetables and captain crunch and fuckign potted meat with crackers.

and yeah like i said i love the world hwen im on them and they make me somewhat of a smoothtalker too lol

nick
01-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Yeah,I actually miss eggs.I remember having thousands lying around-the "good" old days.

kill
01-26-2010, 02:38 PM
my favorite benzo would be the one that you can actually remember what you did when you were high on it. They haven't made that one yet lol

oh so true...

i had temazepam only once..it was weird as all hell..i snorted it when i had absolutely no tolerance for any benzo's...it was FUCKING WEIIIIRRRDDD AS HELL feeling..it almost felt like i took a seroquil in my opinion...very very very weird benzo lol(originaly put opiate...derr just woke up)

i've also read/heard the stories about people getting amputations from this shit trying to shoot it...the most crazy story i read about this stuff is about this guy who shot it into his one leg...it got infected...they had to amputate..the day he got outa the hospital...he had to be readmitted because he then started shooting temazepam into his OTHER leg he still had...which then had to be amputated too...fucking crazy drug that makes you want to do it so bad that you do it anyway even though you know your gonna lose a leg and have already lost one to the shit...

MissLow
01-26-2010, 04:03 PM
i used to fucking LOVE the old temaz green footballs... they were my first benzo and i used to have a ball on em... occasionally still get them now, tabs not gels, they're pretty commonly prescribed in Australia for insomnia.
ahh just thinking about those greenies is getting me all sentimental.
great benzo.

harmonik
01-26-2010, 04:51 PM
oh so true...

i had temazepam only once..it was weird as all hell..i snorted it when i had absolutely no tolerance for any benzo's...it was FUCKING WEIIIIRRRDDD AS HELL feeling..it almost felt like i took a seroquil in my opinion...very very very weird benzo lol(originaly put opiate...derr just woke up)

i've also read/heard the stories about people getting amputations from this shit trying to shoot it...the most crazy story i read about this stuff is about this guy who shot it into his one leg...it got infected...they had to amputate..the day he got outa the hospital...he had to be readmitted because he then started shooting temazepam into his OTHER leg he still had...which then had to be amputated too...fucking crazy drug that makes you want to do it so bad that you do it anyway even though you know your gonna lose a leg and have already lost one to the shit...

snorting benzos doesn't work.. most of them aren't soluble in water so the high you get is it dripping down your stomach mostly..

it is a very weird benzo, i agree. i love it's euphoria. it's a great sedative and sleep aid as well.
a very wonderful drug for real use.

yeah, that is fucking crazy. some people just don't learn. i shoot my occasionally and never had any ill effects. i just love the feeling of being sober one minute and before i know it i'm completely changed. i think i'll stop doing that starting now, even tho mine are powder capsules and not gels

DCBA
01-27-2010, 06:39 PM
snorting benzos doesn't work.. most of them aren't soluble in water so the high you get is it dripping down your stomach mostly..

i can't explain you why but that's not true! I'll give you 3 examples you can see why its not true!

Example:
For example heroin in base form (the one sold over here) it's also non soluble in water but it works quite well when you snort the heroin base! And if you eat it (in the same dose) it doesn't work!
I knew a minority of people that use heroin base by snorting it and it works quite well for them!
That contradicts the theory that drugs that aren't water soluble don't work by snorting..

Also... i get faster effects from snorting some benzos when compared to eating them.. Most commonly i have effects in 10minutes and if i would swallow them it would take me at least 3 to 6 times more time to have effect!
So the effect you get from snorting benzos isn't all attributed to droping in the stomach as it would take way more time to have effects..
That contradicts the theory that drugs that aren't water soluble don't work by snorting..

Also.. Like i said heroin base isn't water soluble... And when you want to smoke heroin then having heroin base is the way to go! When you smoke the heroin base its heroin base that reaches the lungs and is absorved into the blood rapidly and then it has effects on you!
No conversion is made from base to acid upon smoking and its the base that has effects!
That contradicts the theory that drugs that aren't water soluble don't work by snorting/smoking..

I don't know why, but the experience tells me that drugs don't have to be water soluble to have snorting/smoking effects..

harmonik
01-27-2010, 07:11 PM
hmm, well I haven't noticed much of a difference when snorting xanax. they're such quick to affect you that it's hard to notice... for me at least.