PDA

View Full Version : what spot under the tongue offers max absorption?

Reeferz
01-20-2010, 09:58 AM
i was just wondering if it mattered where under your tongue you hold your sub tablets at in regards to absorption rate and percentage. i usually break an 8mg into quarters and put 2 qs at a time under my tongue towards the back, by that little gland thing that shoots out the water when you yawn lol. im not 100% sure where the veins are that absorb the bupe tho so any input would be appreciated.

i would like to hear either opinion, experience, or fact from somone with a little medical knowledge. but anything will do lol.

thanks guys.

Thanat0s
01-20-2010, 10:20 AM
any sublingual dosing seemed WAY too inconsistent to me...

snorting the things really seemed the best method for accurate dosage,
PLUS you only need about 1/2 of yer sublingual dose.

Poppylvr
01-20-2010, 10:28 AM
i was just wondering if it mattered where under your tongue you hold your sub tablets at in regards to absorption rate and percentage. i usually break an 8mg into quarters and put 2 qs at a time under my tongue towards the back, by that little gland thing that shoots out the water when you yawn lol. im not 100% sure where the veins are that absorb the bupe tho so any input would be appreciated.

i would like to hear either opinion, experience, or fact from somone with a little medical knowledge. but anything will do lol.

thanks guys.
The correct place is to put them just behind the bottom teeth, in that little hollow under the tongue. Hold the pills, then mush,the saliva for as long as you can- until your tongue can no longer feel any mush there. I frequently ending up "melting" (as we call it in my house) for about 10 minutes.
Better absorption tips: rinse your mouth out with really warm water to open the veins up (if you look under your tongue you will see two bluish ropy looking things - those are your veins.) But make sure your mouth isn't too wet or the pills dissolve too fast & you don't get the best absorptions. #1 rule: Don't smoke a cig just before you melt your subs - that constricts the smaller blood vessels and you will absorb less drug.

Reeferz
01-20-2010, 10:31 AM
any sublingual dosing seemed WAY too inconsistent to me...

snorting the things really seemed the best method for accurate dosage,
PLUS you only need about 1/2 of yer sublingual dose.

i know lol, im well aware of insuffilating subs, im tryin to do this legitametley though because i seem to become more addicted, both physically and mentally to the sub when i sniff it as it gives me a slight yet slow rush and a more "high" feeling than doing them sublingually.

plus i cant take anymore of that dust shit in my lungs, all that really fine powdery dust gets in there, im still coughin up orange mucus from the months of sniffing sub.

30_Units
01-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Crushing them into a fine powder before dumping the powder under my tongue seems to work well and absorb much much more before my mouth fills up with spit and the concentration around the veins get's lowered-as opposed to simply putting whole tablets down there, and having my mouth fill up with spit, not even dissolving the tablets wholly twenty minutes later.

Give it a shot, can't hurt.

Thanat0s
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
pre-mixing em with a small amt of water and then dropping that on the tounge seems to help speed absorbtion aswell.

blackman
01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Crushing them into a fine powder before dumping the powder under my tongue seems to work well and absorb much much more before my mouth fills up with spit and the concentration around the veins get's lowered-as opposed to simply putting whole tablets down there, and having my mouth fill up with spit, not even dissolving the tablets wholly twenty minutes later.

Give it a shot, can't hurt.

+1^^

This is what I do. I find it works much better than just putting the chunks underneath your tongue.

Tautou
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
How I would like to be free from this stuff...

I read on a site www.suboxforum.com that this particular MD recommends crushing to a fine powder, then wth minimal saliva "painting" a sub-saliva mixture over all areas (gums, top and bottom of tongue, cheeks etc) for maximum absorbtion.

Ive spent the past year just throwing it under my tongue, and having it dissovle until the saliva is built up. I generally spit (used to gulp down the saliva/sub mix) after 5 minutes has past since the tablet was completely dissovled.

F--- subs. That is all. I started on 8mg, tried to get high on it up to 16mg, have tapered down to 2mg daily, and now for god knows WHY am back up to a 4-8mg daily habit.

People always say less is more, and that shit is TRUE.

Tautou

Narkotikon
01-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Personally, I alternate between sublingual and snorting. I can see what you mean, though, by how you'd like to stay away from snorting. While I personally don't find it anymore addictive, even though I do think it gives a better absorption route / high / buzz / glow / whatever, I can respect your decision of not wanting to do that.

When I do it Sub-L, this is what I do:

1. Try to have as dry a mouth as possible, so no drinking water / pop / whatever before hand. I view the cotton mouth I get from my Klonopin as a positive side-effect in this respect, because it helps me produce less saliva that would ultimately make the Sub dissolve faster (i.e., less bupe absorption).

2. I try to also brush my teeth before Sub-L. For some reason I think brushing your teeth helps better with absorption by getting rid of dead skin cells, dilating the veins from warm water like Poppylvr was talking about, and plus it temporarily drys my mouth out.

3. I place the whole (not crushed) or half (if I'm just doing a half of a pill) under my tongue, press down really hard up against those two veins, and leave there for a few minutes.

4. Then I'll move the Sub to the top of my tongue and press it hard against the roof of my mouth, somewhat toward the back, but not so much to swallow it.

5. I just keep alternating under tongue and above tongue / roof of mouth every few minutes or so until the whole pill is dissolved. Takes about 15 minutes or so.

It does help, as Poppylvr was saying, to have your veins dilated, so rinsing out with warm water before hand would be a good idea. I just wouldn't drink a lot, so you don't have a very wet mouth that would prematurely dissolve the Sub.

Also, although they're made to be absorbed / placed under the tongue (Sub-L), bupe is absorbed through all the tissues in your mouth lining. I mean, under your tongue, your gums, the roof of your mouth, the insides of your cheek, your tongue, etc.

That's why some people crush into powder and swish the powdery spit mixture around their mouths.

I've never personally tried it that way, but I did purposefully chew up a sub one time and then let it dissolve / swish that way. I found it actually ended up worse.

I think this is going to be a very subjective topic, and everyone is going to have a different opinion. I think all are valid. The optimal position is what works best for you.

got_bags?
01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
1. Try to have as dry a mouth as possible, so no drinking water / pop / whatever before hand. I view the cotton mouth I get from my Klonopin as a positive side-effect in this respect, because it helps me produce less saliva that would ultimately make the Sub dissolve faster (i.e., less bupe absorption).

One way to make sure you have a dry mouth is to pop the pill first thing in the morning. And I mean like literally right when you wake up. This is usually the dryest your mouth will be all day.

This seems to make the subs pretty effective for me.

kill
01-22-2010, 04:24 AM
every piece of advice that everyone gave already seems perfect and correct as far as i know..

i'll detail my "ritual" and the few ways i do subs...

basically i don't ever snort them anymore..it's just horrible if you ask me..i already hate the taste and it makes me wanna puke choking on the suboxone drip..havn't tried with the generic roxane subutex though and probably never will cuz it's just fucking gross to me..and i've fucked my nose up enough..i still can't smell shit at all...it's ridiculous..

anyway what i do is i'll get out the listerine...alcohol supposedly inscreases the absorbtion rate...i've taken subs under the tongue with a little bit of listerine added in and i think it works?? *shrug*....

what i know works though for me is i'll wash my mouth out with listerine before i put subs in it..and i mean WASH IT OUT like keep the listerine in my mouth for 2-3 minutes swishing it around...tearing up like a motherfucker cuz it burns so bad hahaha...anway after that i'll spit everything out of my mouth and like wash it and spit all extra spit out

then i'll take 2 8mg subutex..did same thing with the suboxone tho...and i'll break each pill into 4 pieces...if you look in the mirror at the underside of your tongue it has that little flap of skin that kinda divides the area under your tongue and holds your tongue in your mouth...i put 4 pieces of the suboxone/subutex on either side of this divider skin and make sure the pieces are as close as possible to the group of veins under your tongue...if you look in the mirror you can see the blue veins under your tongue...because i spit out all my saliva and my my mouth dry and i like suck all the air from under my tongue and hold my tongue and mouth still for like 4-5 minutes..the pills like turn into mush..i then move my tongue to kinda like move the mush around while it's under my tongue to really get it spread all over the big veins under there..while i do this i make sure that none of the mush gets above my tongue including any saliva that might be under my tongue...

once i spread the mush around i then stop moving my tongue again and don't open my mouth and i just wait another 10-20 minutes...i'll then move my tongue around to spread out any mush that hasn't disolved yet..wait a little more till it has...then i'll swallow the shit...the suboxone i'd always spit out cuz i hated the fucking taste..the subutex generic taste has no flavor but kinda tasted medically which doesnt bother me at all like the fucking suboxone taste did..

if you wanna stop snorting the sub's do the next best route....basically get an oral syringe..or take a regular syringe and cut the needle off of it..then use a knife to open the hole on the end a little bit so and clean the edges up a little...i'll use the oral syringe and big cottons to filter the pill/water mix to prepare for IV use...i get perfectly clear shots after 3 filters..anyway you don't gotta filter it if your gonna go this route...

take your dose and powderize it...take whatever water the oral syringe or the needle you made into one will hold...i use a modified syringe so i put in about 80 units of water into the powder and mix the shit up...then i use the modified syringe to literally just suck up the slurry which is about 1ml/the whole syringe without needle full....then basically lay on your side on your bed...put a little vasoline/ky on the end of the modified syringe/oral syringe with the bupe slurry in it..slide it up into your pooper and push the plunger in...slowly pull out the syringe so you don't leak..

tip: only do this immediately after you've taken a decent shit...for the first 2-3 minutes it just makes me feel weird like i need to shit IMMEDIATELY and if i really do gotta shit i hate wasting the bupe because it still takes 15 minutes/30 minutes to fully absorb in your bunghole and if you have to shit it doesn't get absorbed...also if you have a big hunk of shit up there..the bupe gets absorbed into it and you lose some of your dose...some people use enema's...thank got i take a huge shit every morning so right afterwords i'm good to go....normally i have to sit for a lil till i'm sure nothings gonna leak out but normally the slurry is pretty..viscous..and shouldn't leak out unless your trying to fart or something stupid...

they say the bupe availability goes up quite a bit when you plug it...don't know exactly and just like sublingual there's a risk of something(ie. massive saliva production forcing you to swallow some of the bupe and waste it...or if you plug it and didn't shit beforehand/use an enema and you got a big turd chillin up there waiting to come out then the turd will absorb some of the bupe..

either way i like plugging...i actually get a nicer feeling from subs when i do that.and i don't gotta taste shit...the suboxone..or even the generally ok tasting roxane generic subutex.....plugging rocks...a lot of other drugs absorb really good up in the pooper too..once you get over the stupid stigma about it which is so fucking stupid, cuz i'm gonna use anyway i can to get the most outa my drugs, it's why i started IV'ing..why do an ROA that gives you 50-80% of the drug or you can shoot it and get 100%...don't start shooting though..cuz it's ridiculously addicting..starting wanting to shoot fucking everything...and subutex/suboxone are no joke to shoot..you gotta take extra special precautions to make damn well sure your in a vein.

friend: "HELLS YEA BRO, PLUGGING ROCKS you get SOOOO much more of the feeling"
me: "yea, i know you love feeling objects in your ass...SOOOOOO MUUUCCHHH"
friend: "lol thats funny, but seriously bro this shit rocks cuz i don't even gotta taste these fucking nasty shits"
me: "dood i don't give a shit, i'm not shoving anything up my ass bro, i'm not a fag like you"
friend: "come on bro, just give it a shot your gonna love it"
me: "ok now your sounding real gay like your trying to come on to me or something, i swear i'll have to drop kick you if you come onto me again"
friend: " i'm sorry bro it's just SOOOOOO COOOOOOOLLLLLLL it feels like it doubles my dose"
me: "thats great, now you can shove your subutex up your ass after your boyfriend is done destroying it, seriously bro i don't care nothing is going into my asshole...nothing...ever"
friend: "your missing out bro"
me: "no...i think i'll leave the "shoving things up my ass" stuff to you ok?? have fun bro, make sure your ass doesn't start bleeding from your giant dildos!!!!!"
friend: ":P, asshole"

seriously though..people overlook plugging because of the stigma...it's the second best route in my honest opinion..and the biggest plus ever is that YOU DON'T HAVE TO TASTE THE ORANGE TANG NASTY....lol stop being pussies and try it...you don't gotta tell anyone the details lol but if you want to..go fuck yourself i don't wanna know what you shove up your ass...bahahahaha ;)

Billy the kid
01-22-2010, 05:32 AM

thanks guys.

Actually I used to be on subs and the patient information booklet said NOT to break the tablets before placing them under your tongue because it will hinder absorption. Now I dont know how it would decrease absorption and it actually sounds like bullshit but it is something to keep in mind.

In regards to location, I really dont think it matters where. I think what matters is how long you hold it under the tongue.

30_Units
01-22-2010, 06:09 AM
+surface area= +of the drug that touches the venous tissue.

I know my patient pamphlet says to put the whole tablet under there, but if people weren't supposed to break it, tapering off would sure be a bitch.