PDA

View Full Version : Weights and Measures

RaZeR
01-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Alright so I'm quiet for a little while and then I jump back on and start a couple new threads, let me know if that's bad form.:rolleyes: Nevermind about that these questions need answers!

I've been meaning to ask about this one for a while; I wanted to know how your dope is weighed out. Around here quarters are pretty much extinct due to aformentioned shit quality. It goes halfs, grams, balls, pieces. But this is where it gets interesting. I have known some (usually white or black) people who actually weigh out a ball as an eigth of an ounce ie 3.5 grams. Or mistakenly refer to a piece as an ounce. However with the mexicans who control the game around these parts a ball is always 3 grams and a piece is 25.

A little info to someone who wonders why that is it's because they are using the metric system and their mesurements are based on kilo's rather than pounds. Thus an ounce (28.something) wouldn't break one up neatly. I should mention that after a kilo it goes up in multiples of 25 grams ie 100, 250, 500, Kilo. No I'm not a big time drug dealer I just asked some mexican friends.

So how are things measured where you're from? Does anyone go by ounces and true eights? My understanding of the east coast is it goes .1's 10 being a bundle 10 of those a brick. Does anyone do grams and balls out there? I'm just curious.

Tainted
01-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Alright so I'm quiet for a little while and then I jump back on and start a couple new threads, let me know if that's bad form.:rolleyes: Nevermind about that these questions need answers!

I've been meaning to ask about this one for a while; I wanted to know how your dope is weighed out. Around here quarters are pretty much extinct due to aformentioned shit quality. It goes halfs, grams, balls, pieces. But this is where it gets interesting. I have known some (usually white or black) people who actually weigh out a ball as an eigth of an ounce ie 3.5 grams. Or mistakenly refer to a piece as an ounce. However with the mexicans who control the game around these parts a ball is always 3 grams and a piece is 25.

A little info to someone who wonders why that is it's because they are using the metric system and their mesurements are based on kilo's rather than pounds. Thus an ounce (28.something) wouldn't break one up neatly. I should mention that after a kilo it goes up in multiples of 25 grams ie 100, 250, 500, Kilo. No I'm not a big time drug dealer I just asked some mexican friends.

So how are things measured where you're from? Does anyone go by ounces and true eights? My understanding of the east coast is it goes .1's 10 being a bundle 10 of those a brick. Does anyone do grams and balls out there? I'm just curious.

As far as the northeast goes, for the most part it's just stamped bags, 1, bundles, and bricks vary. I've heard 50 bags/100 bags as a brick. Not sure bout anything else

Thanat0s
01-15-2010, 05:33 AM
OMG.

okok, ihave run into this i think

idk why, but to idiots there is such thing as a 'heroin oz'
25 grams

an ounce is a fucking ounce, 28grams, check the beuraeu of weights and measures... i think france keeps the stds.

oz 28gr
1/8oz 3.5
1/16 1.75

a gram is 1.0grams

anyone else ever have to argue with an idiot over a deal for an OZ that turned out 3 grams light?
no, dude, that a heroin ounce, its different.
fuckME.

imma or wassa tar user, but when id get powder, a bag was .1g

/rant

The_Highwayman
01-15-2010, 12:45 PM
From my experience I have bought .1g bags or loosies for ten bucks. Bundles were ten bags for ninety or eighty bucks, sometimes seventy. Then bricks were five bundles ie. 50 bags and when I got that it was 300 dollars. I never got more than that and never inquired further

port rhombus
01-15-2010, 01:12 PM

I've heard of the following in NYC and NJ (central/shore):

(1) bag = 100mg (supposedly)
(10) bags to a bundle.
(5) bundles to a brick.

I've also heard of 1g "bundles" packaged in a single stamp bag. Apparently this used to be more common.

The prices I've heard of are similar to what The Highwayman reported. Prices and quality have been higher in NYC. I've heard of bricks selling for as much as $500, with some leeway for haggling.

Ickyuck
01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
I've seen raw grams being offered too here at the east coast.

Tainted
01-15-2010, 04:10 PM

Now that I think about it, I did have one dealer that sold his shit as grams. THey were mexicans, but I only ever bought the stamped bags off them. They offered up either just "grams" or bundles, but I'd never bought anything other then a stamped bag so I didn't want to deal with the grams.

I didn't have a scale, and my girlfriend at the time had an absurdly low tolerance. After a year of shooting every day, my tolerance was up to about 5-6 bags to get a decent high/bit of a nod, I started doing half a bag to a bag at a time. She started doing 1/4 of a bag, and mostly only did half a bag at that point. She actually ODed off a full bag around that time too. I never understood it, she lived with me, and shot up just as much as I did, if not more. It was so cheap for her to get high, she was able to do as much as me. We'd split everything we got 50/50, so if we got a bundle, I'd get 5 bags, shoot up get a bit of a high, but she wouldn't even be able to finish her half of the bundle that day and would be straight zonked the entire day.

bit off topic/side story, but point being I didn't want to risk eyeballing her dose and killing her so I stuck to the stamps

deceiver
01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah I've only ever bought from Hispanics and an eighth is 3, a quarterppiece is 6 and an oz could be from 25-28. This is how it always was and there was no arguing. Tar btw.

shoybs
01-15-2010, 05:21 PM
'round here there's

"packs" -- 100mg

then from there its just standard measurements. grams = grams, oz.= oz.

LuckyNumber13
01-15-2010, 07:06 PM
in Bmore as far as scramble goes there's what they call 6's ($6 pills) then there's regular pills ($10 usually 00 size gel caps). From the looks of things a stamp bag looks to be about the size of our 6's, A packed 00 is going to be about twice that much (but depending on where you cop, they're not always going to be packed). Buy 10 pills and you almost always get 1 free. Then you got packs, there are usually 25 pills in a pack, but i've seen em with as many as 50. You're not going to ever really see scramble being sold by weight. Weight is usually reserved for the raw. A gram is a gram. Raw also comes in dimes, 20's, 50's, or whatever, it just depends on the shop. The amount of raw you get for the money is usually about half of what you would get if you bought scramble, i.e. a $20 of raw is roughly the same amount of product as a dime of scramble.

RaZeR
01-17-2010, 02:45 AM
Thank for the reply's folks. It's a big crazy world out there and I've always been curious about how things are done elsewhere.

I've always been curious about Baltimore, (yeah I watched some of The Wire) and I've fantasized about visiting. So I'm interested in Lucky#13's reply and a couple questions arose. Does a shop sell both scramble and raw and it's just up to you to ask? How much would a gram of raw cost and how many shots would someone with a healthy habit get outta one? Thx:D

Thanat0s
01-17-2010, 07:43 AM

shut up, just shut up.
i dont wanna hear this,
note from the land of tar...

LuckyNumber13
01-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Thank for the reply's folks. It's a big crazy world out there and I've always been curious about how things are done elsewhere.

I've always been curious about Baltimore, (yeah I watched some of The Wire) and I've fantasized about visiting. So I'm interested in Lucky#13's reply and a couple questions arose. Does a shop sell both scramble and raw and it's just up to you to ask? How much would a gram of raw cost and how many shots would someone with a healthy habit get outta one? Thx:D

Most of the time a shops going to either have scramble or raw, not both. Scramble is far more common and though there's no stamps, the scramble is just about always branded with a name. Raw is pretty much just called raw. There's certain parts of town that are known for only having raw. Grams of raw usually average about $100, or anywhere from $80 to $120 depending on the quality.
How many shots? hmmm, i can't say how many shots, because if i have a gram of raw to myself i'm going to lose track of how many shots after say the 2nd shot lol. But with a monster habit like I once had, a G of raw would last me about 4 days, maybe 5 at the most.
When i sniffed i use to prefer the raw. Once I started pumping, i preferred the scramble because of the rush.
Never let the word scramble make you think that the dope is weak and cut to shit. Some good scramble will knock your socks off just as good or even better than some of the raw.

You should come visit Bmore dude, it's a junkie's paradise.

deceiver
01-17-2010, 10:35 PM
shut up, just shut up.
i dont wanna hear this,
note from the land of tar...

Good tar is better than Raw imo.

I'm seriously throwing this out there. I don't use spikes anymore so take that how you will. I just get down with the Reynolds Wrap. ;)

chrisinabox
01-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Tar being sold in different weights seems to be a common trend. Here in Dallas, quarter ounces are 6.2g, halfs are 12.4g, ounces are 24.8g. Now grams weigh 1.0g, or at least I always bring my scale to make sure anyways. Its not until an eighth that it turns into the "heroin weight", which is 3.1g. The whole idea of it is ridiculous and I've never seen any other people do that, just hispanics that sell black tar heroin. There are other people that short you when you buy other drugs, but that varies. With tar though, that is like the "norm" for them. They would look at my like I'm crazy if I told them otherwise.

paups
01-19-2010, 03:02 AM
wow, Im so confused by Baltimores deal.. hmm
I have run across similar to Port's report..
NYC.. 1 stamp= .1gram usually $10 single
bundles= 10bgs as low as $70 but usually 90
bricks=3-5 buns depending on source and sometimes theres a discount..sometimes not..

when I lived in SF tar came in
$20 balloons
$60 grams
after a while swim got a connect for "gunpowder" which was a crumbly brown sugar colour thing that swims dealer would purchase in a ball about the size of a lychee for $300. she would distribute this by weight as well.. sold swim grams for $50 (perhaps a bit of a discount for being friends..)
swim used this "gunpowder" exclusively once she connected with it as the tar just destroyed her veins in less than 3mos...

still the whole scramble.. pill thing is confusing to me.. hmmm

LuckyNumber13
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
wow, Im so confused by Baltimores deal.. hmm
I have run across similar to Port's report..
NYC.. 1 stamp= .1gram usually $10 single
bundles= 10bgs as low as $70 but usually 90
bricks=3-5 buns depending on source and sometimes theres a discount..sometimes not..

when I lived in SF tar came in
$20 balloons
$60 grams
after a while swim got a connect for "gunpowder" which was a crumbly brown sugar colour thing that swims dealer would purchase in a ball about the size of a lychee for $300. she would distribute this by weight as well.. sold swim grams for $50 (perhaps a bit of a discount for being friends..)
swim used this "gunpowder" exclusively once she connected with it as the tar just destroyed her veins in less than 3mos...

still the whole scramble.. pill thing is confusing to me.. hmmm

scramble is just some raw that's been cut with quinine etc, sold in gel caps. Basically the same thing you're getting in your stamp bags.

JTDuffet
01-22-2010, 12:32 PM
here ya go.. a gram of raw about to be made into a 1 gram bundle.., i made this for myself.

second picture is 4 x 1 gram bundles i made for the hell of it when i first started getting raw.

third picture is a few sticks/fingers/eggs i have never heard of the term eggs before... I use the term stick or finger usually.

I get fingers for 950-1000 depending and i usually toss around some kind herbs to the middle men to keep em happy. and no funky weights for me either..

-jt

duck
01-22-2010, 12:38 PM
how much do the fingers weigh? why are they packed like that?

ausativa
01-22-2010, 12:52 PM
duck-

i think because they are smuggled inside candles. i saw a picture of that once on here, you just scrape the wax off.

RaZeR
01-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Damn I think I just drooled on the keyboard and got a boner. WANT! JT you lucky bastard, I'm seriously planning my next vacation. How's B'more in the summer? :D

JTDuffet
01-22-2010, 02:25 PM
i saw the candle picture once. but i do not think thats what is happening with the ones I am getting as I've never detected the trace of wax on them before and i've been getting them for over 2 years now..

the paper is a wax paper, and they are wrapped in it tightly. they are so solid you can easily drop them on the ground and they won't dent or break open.. when you shake em in your hand they sound like solid Dice. rock hard.. ;) and require a cracking, or breaking with a hammer, or hard object to get them broken up. sometimes they are semi soft, once broken they fall apart, but who cares anyway. they go into a ziplock for personal dispensing.. :) all my dope has been for personal consumption only.

-jt

LuckyNumber13
01-22-2010, 02:58 PM
wow, how does that stuff cook up, light or dark?

the raw we get down here is a lot darker than that, usually about as dark as chocolate.

JTDuffet
01-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Its usually pretty dark, but occasionally it will be a lighter color. I prefer the darker myself. and when its a good shot, its almost thick... hard to press the plunger, etc. smells really strong.. pungent smell.. sweet cidery..

-jt

harmonik
01-22-2010, 07:24 PM
The tar I can get right now is a point = .12 gram.. $15-20 for it... altho it's been on the cheaper side recently. Dark black/brown sticky tar from Dallas area.. Altho a gram would be exactly 1 gram..

It sucks because really, ounces are roughly 28.35 grams.. that .35 counts ;).. especially if they weigh it WITHOUT the package.
I hate that shit.

D Man
01-22-2010, 09:25 PM
idk why, but to idiots there is such thing as a 'heroin oz'
25 grams

This is the same reason that shit head fucking drug dealers cut their dope with all kinds of nasty ass shit: To make more money off addicts like me. I say "me" because I don't want to speak for anyone else.

Either that, or they haven't a firm grasp of basic fucking arithmetic.

I hate most drug dealers with a mad, flaming passion, but they are an integral part of my life...

End rant.

RaZeR
01-23-2010, 12:31 AM
I tried to explain the 25 gram thing earlier. People mistakenly refer to a piece which is 25 grams as an ounce. It's not that they're shorting you it's because a kilo doesn't break up evenly into ounces. A lot of westerners get confused about this because its so close and we don't use the metric system so I've seen some (not mexican) people use ounces or 3.5 balls as the measurement or call a piece a mexican ounce which is kind of why I brought this up.:rolleyes:

paups
01-23-2010, 09:32 AM
thanks for the visuals JT!
swim is annoyed with her inability to move up the food chain.. I mean she hasnt really tried very hard but in the last 5 years of consitent use she has never managed to find a connect capable of delivering weight nor discounts on bricks. its straight $80 buns.
swim spends about $800-$1000 a week on personal use. She knows she could do much better for herself..