PDA

View Full Version : Ephedrine

The_Highwayman
12-31-2009, 08:01 PM
I've used the stuff with good reports but now it's banned unless you get it from the pharmacist same as Sudafed....but anyway I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this mixed with SSRI's....any feedback welcome....thanks

underide
01-01-2010, 07:57 AM
No experience "mixed with SSRI's" nor even with the ephedrine itself
Never tried the stuff

From what i hear though - the amount you need to get a 'worthwhile' high on ephedrine usually means a lot of nasty blood-pressure/cardiovascular (as well as other) side-effects

I'm not 100% sure on this, but from what i remember being told, you can get ephedrine in either the "Chinese-pharmacy" sections at some of our local Asia-markets or even compounded into some herbal pills in head-shops

I've heard it can (in some cases) give false positives for amphetamines in MMT clinics, etc.

Import
01-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Im currently taking 200mg sertraline (zoloft) everyday, and having been doing so for about a year. Since ive been on it, ive used heroin, amphetamines, coke, weed, methadone, and ephedrine. All of them except for the ephedrine are chems i used before zoloft as well. Being on the ssri made NO difference in the effect of the drugs. Never tried the ephedrine without ssri, but it felt like i had heard it described as.

If you dont take ssri's regularly, and you are just planning on taking them to "enhance" the ephedrine, i would NOT reccomend it. ssri's can have some very unpleasant side effects for those who are not tolerant to them.

Hope this helps a little

Billy the kid
01-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Im currently taking 200mg sertraline (zoloft) everyday, and having been doing so for about a year. Since ive been on it, ive used heroin, amphetamines, coke, weed, methadone, and ephedrine. All of them except for the ephedrine are chems i used before zoloft as well. Being on the ssri made NO difference in the effect of the drugs. Never tried the ephedrine without ssri, but it felt like i had heard it described as.
If you dont take ssri's regularly, and you are just planning on taking them to "enhance" the ephedrine, i would NOT reccomend it. ssri's can have some very unpleasant side effects for those who are not tolerant to them.
Hope this helps a little
The only thing I can see "enhancing" ephedrine would be an maoi. DO NOT do this because it will probably kill you due to extreme cardiovascular effects.

Otherwise SSRIs wont have any effect. Its like tylenol and ephedrine totally different MOA.

paroxetina
01-01-2010, 09:45 AM
You can still buy ephedrine OTC in the form of primatene tablets. Wegman's sold them on the shelves as recently as a couple years ago, but I don't know if they still do. You should be able to buy them just like pseudoephedrine products by asking the pharmacist, they just may not be on the shelves.

I don't see getting high off of ephedrine personally. I used to use it for appetite suppression, which it was great at, but it also made my heart feel like it was going to explode - and this is at the recommended dose.

matfield
01-02-2010, 11:03 AM
No experience "mixed with SSRI's" nor even with the ephedrine itself
Never tried the stuff

From what i hear though - the amount you need to get a 'worthwhile' high on ephedrine usually means a lot of nasty blood-pressure/cardiovascular (as well as other) side-effects

I'm not 100% sure on this, but from what i remember being told, you can get ephedrine in either the "Chinese-pharmacy" sections at some of our local Asia-markets or even compounded into some herbal pills in head-shops

I've heard it can (in some cases) give false positives for amphetamines in MMT clinics, etc.

no i like it! i used to buy these ephedra super caps with mauh hang (sp?) inside -nasty tasting black stuff which i successfully used as a substitute for e and speed. it has a high very similar to speed- keeps you awake and makes you horny. plus you can drink way more. oh and it does not show up in ua's over here which was an big advantage too. so yes..i like it. but its getting more and more difficult to get some compared to 4-6 years ago..

but never mixed it with ssri sorry, but my sister. wouldnt recommend it though as you should never mix amphetamine, e, or coke with ssri...

JayTrizzle
01-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Ephedrine is a high very similar to speed because ephedrine basically what's used as a base for making meth, which is why sudafed is behind the counter. If your state has a meth watch program, you can only buy two boxes of anything containing ephedrine at a time, and have to give your id, sign a log book, and leave your phone number, address, and all kinds of shit.

Ragdoll
01-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Yes.

And don't, because you'd be a dumbass if you did.

Chipper
01-09-2010, 12:05 AM
The only thing I can see "enhancing" ephedrine would be an maoi. DO NOT do this because it will probably kill you due to extreme cardiovascular effects <snip>

Stay away from MAOI's. I have foolishly combined amphets with MAOI's and the experience was as close to absolute mania as I have ever been.

I actually enjoyed it but do not wish to repeat it.

Thanat0s
01-09-2010, 08:17 AM
I've used the stuff with good reports but now it's banned unless you get it from the pharmacist same as Sudafed....but anyway I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this mixed with SSRI's....any feedback welcome....thanks
not banned,
primatine tablets are ephedrine

not much prob with ssri
unless you are dosing like a madman...

its gives a mild speedybuzz
ive sold em as speed before to nontolerant fools.

matfield
01-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Ephedrine is a high very similar to speed because ephedrine basically what's used as a base for making meth, which is why sudafed is behind the counter.

yeah i know;)
its already very close to amphetamines in its chemical structure.
but good it doesnt show up as amphetamine in an ua...

The_Chef
01-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Yuck. I used that junk for a while in college as a study buddy on the rare occasion that Adderall or Ritalin were unavailable (before I discovered that opiates were just as good as a stimulant as they were for the comedowns). Zero recreational value.

Chipper
01-23-2010, 08:11 PM
I tried to IV that crap; all side-effect and no euphoria. *shudders*

The_Highwayman
01-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Wow I forget this thread existed as I got the stuff and stopped cause I don't like the speedy feeling...anyways I wasn't using it for any euphoric effectbit was for bodybuilding purposes. But those days are behind me now....

Ironic
07-18-2011, 09:54 PM
@Paroxetina: Yes, they still sell Primatene (at least in Florida). I use it during the winter when my asthma is bad.

Ephedrine isn't worth it, usually..

candyman20
07-18-2011, 09:58 PM
check the dates please..

Tylercwxzy
08-07-2011, 02:52 AM
check the dates please..

Too late now ;)

I just bought 2 50 tab bottles of the 8mg kaziens or however its spelled for 7.50 online.. not the best deal, whatever. I'm curious how easy it is to change it from epheds base form to something similar to amphetamine salts.. or is it just meth that it can be changed into?

Dutch
08-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Ephedrine is evil wicked garbage. All jittery and wired with no euphoria or moodlift. I took it once and highschool and hated it. Ate 5x 10mg Valiums totally naive to benzos and was still in sleepless hell.

Tylercwxzy
08-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I usually only splurge every few months on it because all we got in florida is MDMA/Coke.
I use to get adderall bottles of 30mg #60 for like 25$ in high school from a friend with a script, but now all I can do in the morning is caffeine/nicotine so taking about 7 8mg epheds gets me going, not the best buzz though its similar to the others I mentioned. I'm more of a downer-guy now though, I guess as you age your taste changes for drugs.

Dutch
08-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Splurging on Ephedrine!? Dude, have you tried Crystal Meth? It's well over 9000x better.

corlene
08-07-2011, 06:27 PM
I usually only splurge every few months on it because all we got in florida is MDMA/Coke.
I use to get adderall bottles of 30mg #60 for like 25$ in high school from a friend with a script, but now all I can do in the morning is caffeine/nicotine so taking about 7 8mg epheds gets me going, not the best buzz though its similar to the others I mentioned. I'm more of a downer-guy now though, I guess as you age your taste changes for drugs.

PLENTY of Crystal in FL if you know where to look... Know anyone thats gay, or knows someone gay? They'll know where to get it for SURE.

Tylercwxzy
08-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I rarely. do any ephedrine, but when you work outside for 11$ an hour 6 days a week, cutting trees and mowing in 98 degrees and your 2 weeks in to being off methadone and still feel like your body is breaking in half, well I need a boost sometimes.

Wouldn't ever touch the crystal I know how bad addiction is. With dextro I always did it recreationally. Maybe 2/3 times a week when I had them then when I ran out I'd stop for a month. But I was always staying up studying for shit or just using it for work. I think my record is 5 days. Haven't had anything but coke since.

Tylercwxzy
08-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Although we do get some fire coke in florida :). Got some about a month ago, complete scale... 1 line had my jaw clenching and moving around like Kurt cobain at Live at reading. I don't know if anyones seen that concert live but if you like nirvana check it out on youtube. Kurts jaw is moving a mile a min. Funny stuff, awesome concert though. Especially the dress he wore, sort of lke a butcher or meat packing suit.

ausativa
08-26-2011, 12:49 AM
they still sell primatine mist tablets at walgreens. i get them all the time and they never make me sign anything. and i live in fucking texas. i prefer the norepinephrine inhalers for my asthma if i cant get the regular albuteral inhaler. but yeah. meth.. one hell of a drug.

borohydride
08-26-2011, 10:33 AM
If ephedrine is still available where you are, you should consider buying a small quantity of acetic anhydride. The O-acetyl ester of ephedrine is about way between cocaine & methamphetamine (snorted). It only lasts about an hour but it's smoother than meth & stronger (weight for weight) than cocaine.

To make, simply reflux in a 10:1 volume of AA (so 10ml of AA per gram of E) for 10 minutes.

Trust me on this, it's really very special (only 4-MAR is better IMHO).

Import
08-26-2011, 11:13 AM
If ephedrine is still available where you are, you should consider buying a small quantity of acetic anhydride. The O-acetyl ester of ephedrine is about way between cocaine & methamphetamine (snorted). It only lasts about an hour but it's smoother than meth & stronger (weight for weight) than cocaine.

To make, simply reflux in a 10:1 volume of AA (so 10ml of AA per gram of E) for 10 minutes.

Trust me on this, it's really very special (only 4-MAR is better IMHO).

Man, you can really be fucking useful sometimes... that's awesome!

And I've always wanted to try 4-mar (4 methylaminorex for those who don't know... look it up on erowid), but it's never around anymore. The only downside sounds like the length of the high... methamphetamine is pushing it for me, and 4mar just sounds WAAAY too long.

You've tried the stuff Boro? How'd it treat you?

Tylercwxzy
08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Can I order those supplies online? Are they legal to posses in small amounts or.. Id like to try it, adderall XRs were always my favorite. I also tried vyvanes (sp?) wasn't to bad similar to a mix of ritalin and dextro.

borohydride
08-27-2011, 04:05 AM

50mg of freebase lasted 12 hours. It was subtle (like cocaine) but far, far happier (non-psychotic if you see what I mean) and there was no come down. The Rolls Royce of stimulants.

Can I order those supplies online?

Yes, small quantities of AA are sold for educational purposes (for making aspirin).

TheTalkingAsshole
08-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Man, you can really be fucking useful sometimes... that's awesome!

And I've always wanted to try 4-mar (4 methylaminorex for those who don't know... look it up on erowid), but it's never around anymore. The only downside sounds like the length of the high... methamphetamine is pushing it for me, and 4mar just sounds WAAAY too long.

i read an article from nearly 20 years ago by Rick Doblin about this(he called it 4-MAX, but its the same compound)
really sounds pretty amazing, maybe we can get a tek on that?

borohydride
08-27-2011, 09:57 AM
PPA.HCl + KOCN ---> 4MAR

It's just that simple.

Tylercwxzy
08-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks very much for your info. I'll look into it.

borohydride
08-27-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/journal_v3_num34/journal_v3_num34_pg6.html