PDA

View Full Version : hydroxyzine as a potentiator

mess4opana
12-29-2009, 11:58 PM
I utmfse, but i didn't get any info relevant, so I began a new threat. (nod of approval)

ok
I want to know how well hydroxyzine works as a potentiator say as compared to diphenhydramine.

I will search for more info on benadryl used iv, but I wanted to know if hydroxyzine can be used iv, and if it is possible/ beneficial - how may i prepare the capsules i have for 'safer' iv use?

anyone?:cool:

JonnyM
12-30-2009, 12:32 AM
I want to know how well hydroxyzine works as a potentiator say as compared to diphenhydramine.

It works a little better in my opinion then benadryl, although they don't technically increase the absorption, they do add to the sedation and overall 'nodding out' feeling.

I will search for more info on benadryl used iv, but I wanted to know if hydroxyzine can be used iv, and if it is possible/ beneficial - how may i prepare the capsules i have for 'safer' iv use?

Pills should really never be injected without using a wheel filter but I know some people just won't/can't go to that length, hydroxyzine has a high enough oral bioavailability you will be safer just eating it.

If you do decide to shoot it for some reason please filter it multiple times.

Paregoric Kid
12-30-2009, 02:55 AM
well it might increase it through CYP2D6 enzyme inhibiting. it definitely beats benadryl. its the only antihistamine I can think of that is also prescribed for anxiety. hydroxyzine is great with methadone and when in wd. its related to cyclizine and meclizine and all three are often prescribed to boost opioid effects. never used it IV, only orally. probably best just to swallow it 20 mins before injecting the opioid.

Uncle Wiggly
12-30-2009, 03:17 AM
Back when hospitals were regularly dispensing Demerol they would almost always mix it with Vistaril. I'm not sure about it's use as a potentiator but, as PK says, it definitely has sedative qualities.

I've had many injections of Demerol/Vistaril and a few of plain Demerol. Vistaril really goes a long way to help the overall effect.

Larry
12-30-2009, 05:57 AM
Is it pretty hard to get prescribed Hydroxyzine? What else is it often rx for besides anxiety? Ive always heard good things about this stuff in regards to boosting opiates

Billy the kid
12-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Its actually super easy to get. I usually just get them by saying its the only thing that helps my nausea. In regards to anxiety, most docs would LOVE it if you asked for these rather than xanax!

Larry
12-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Its actually super easy to get. I usually just get them by saying its the only thing that helps my nausea. In regards to anxiety, most docs would LOVE it if you asked for these rather than xanax!

Is there lots of alternatives to Hydroxyzine if you were to ask for something for nausea? What Im asking is would you have to specifically ask for this med if you complained about nausea or is it one of the more popular meds prescribed for nausea?

DCBA
12-30-2009, 08:06 AM
It's the BEST POTENTIATOR THERE IS!

If you are a legit user for pain you can lower your opiate dose in about 35% to 50% and it will be equal!

And its the best detox i know for benzos!

If this would be OTC it would be the number one cut for heroin.... After a CWE you would get a product that if you mixed with heroin you would have a greater rush when compared to just injecting that heroin.. and greater potency too.. but more sedation as well..
In my past life i used heroin by IVing it, in that life i've done CWEs of it and used about 12.5mg to 50mgs of hydroxyzine mixed with my iv heroin and i can say WOW!!! The rush was way more powerfull than heroin alone... Never tried Diconal but i understand how the addiction of an antihistamine to IV opiates can be a greater rush.... Hydroxyzine IVed with opiates is indeed a great rush..
But like other things it grew a tolerance to it and soon after it lost its interest.. but it does boost opiates a lot!!! specially if mixed in the same IV solution..

Is there lots of alternatives to Hydroxyzine if you were to ask for something for nausea? What Im asking is would you have to specifically ask for this med if you complained about nausea or is it one of the more popular meds prescribed for nausea?
You can ask it for anxiety... Saying you dont want any addictive meds like benzos or SSRIs and that you know that hydroxyzine works well for you without geting you addicted..

Larry
12-30-2009, 11:01 AM
It's the BEST POTENTIATOR THERE IS!

If you are a legit user for pain you can lower your opiate dose in about 35% to 50% and it will be equal!

And its the best detox i know for benzos!

If this would be OTC it would be the number one cut for heroin.... After a CWE you would get a product that if you mixed with heroin you would have a greater rush when compared to just injecting that heroin.. and greater potency too.. but more sedation as well..
In my past life i used heroin by IVing it, in that life i've done CWEs of it and used about 12.5mg to 50mgs of hydroxyzine mixed with my iv heroin and i can say WOW!!! The rush was way more powerfull than heroin alone... Never tried Diconal but i understand how the addiction of an antihistamine to IV opiates can be a greater rush.... Hydroxyzine IVed with opiates is indeed a great rush..
But like other things it grew a tolerance to it and soon after it lost its interest.. but it does boost opiates a lot!!! specially if mixed in the same IV solution..

You can ask it for anxiety... Saying you dont want any addictive meds like benzos or SSRIs and that you know that hydroxyzine works well for you without geting you addicted..

Right now I get a benzo for anxiety, but I was planning on asking for something for nausea before I even heard of hydroxyzine... Im gonna research it little bit more. Does anyone know if this stuff is one of the primary drugs given when requesting medicine for nausea?

DCBA
12-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Right now I get a benzo for anxiety, but I was planning on asking for something for nausea before I even heard of hydroxyzine... Im gonna research it little bit more. Does anyone know if this stuff is one of the primary drugs given when requesting medicine for nausea?

no, the usual antihistamines are promethazine and drammamine (almost the same as dyphenhydramine)

mess4opana
12-30-2009, 01:17 PM
you guys rock, and yeah i dont think this will go in my veins.
i am rx'd for anxiety and ive always used it as a potentiator but you know how the brain can trick you.

i cud prolly ask for a benzo. but that really seems like opening another world of pain

you could prolly get it like was said before - you want a anti-anxiety medicine that is non-addictive

thanks again:D

at&t
12-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah.... thats some pretty useful/interesting information there, [ EDIT: ladies and ] gentlemen... Thanks a lot from me too! -at&t

blackwrx
12-31-2009, 03:21 PM
easiest way to get hydroxyzine: tell the doc you keep getting hives.

Paregoric Kid
12-31-2009, 08:01 PM
I'd just ask for hydroxyzine for sleep or anxiety since its non-addictive. if you just say you have hives or allergies you might just get promethazine or some other antihistamine, not that promethazine isn't good for potentiating too but if you are trying to get hydroxyzine it would be easier to just ask for it, say you were given it before or something.

Poppylvr
01-06-2010, 01:35 PM

Larry - we don't use hydroxyzine (Vistaril) for nausea at my hospital. The usual drugs for nausea are promethazine (Phenergan, related to thorazine) and Zofran (ondestron ??sp).
We use hydroxyzine for anxiety in people we don't want to give benzos to. It works quite well for some people and ~~ for others. It IS and excellent opiate potenitator.
Tell your doc "my auntie Rose gave me some when I was all shook up at uncle Harvey's death and it worked great".:p

bananasforopanas
02-06-2010, 04:35 PM

Is this better for potentiating opiates then any other benzo? My problem is I hate just nodding out from combining xanax or something with opiates and I would like to ask my doctor for something else other that xanax because he does not like to write for benzos with as much pain meds as he writes for me. Has anyone ever tried Soma I believe it called. Any and all suggestions are welcome so thanks in advance!!;)

kellyblue
02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
This is actually one of my daily bladder meds, and I learned accidentally what a great boost it gave to my pain meds. The Uro gave me Perc 10s and Hydroxizine together for the first time waaaaay back in the day. I took two Percs when I got home and got my usual little buzz. Then at bedtime I took 2 more with the Hydroxi's... and was blasted for about two hours.... yipeee! :) (They don't work that way anymore for me,unfortunately. Damn tolerance...)

I have a friend who gets them for sleep... had no problems asking for them straight out.

Score_K4
02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I took 100mg an hour before taking 30mg hydrocodone. It does seem to make the hydro buzz more chill. I did notice that my heart beat slightly a little faster after the hydroxyzine kicked in. Its a different buzz than using promethazine as a potentiator. The promethazine buzz seems stronger and hell more sedating. One suggested if I snort hydroxyzine it will feel similar to a benzo buzz. I have not tried it yet.

Overall, I would give hydroxyzine thumbs up as a potentiator, but I still think that promethazine is better for the nausea.