PDA

View Full Version : shooting vs. snorting

mtren
12-29-2009, 06:34 AM
swim has been enjoying shooting ocs recently (for about the last 3 months has been his primary ROA) because of the great feeling the rush ! but sometimes swim will blast through 6+ greens in a day. well today earlier today lol swim tried snorting it again how he used to do it and besides the rush not being there i thought that it felt stronger to snort then to shoot! like swim was more fucked up that way for a longer time period. How do other people feel about this? it seemed to me that if you iv it.. that would be the strongest way but swim dont think so anymore. so Wassup!

The_Highwayman
12-29-2009, 08:08 AM
I'll shoot any day over snorting

ka11ink
12-29-2009, 09:27 AM
I've never got much from shooting OC's, not rly worth snorting or shooting, u get a great oral bioavailability neway and it takes no work. They do taste good snorting a bit tho, especially 80's, taste like candy.

oneironaut
12-29-2009, 04:27 PM
oxy has high bioavailabiliy (like 80%) if you snort or eat, so its not really worth the danger of shooting it. i shoot avinza morphine, because if you eat it its only roughly 30% rather than the 100%. so of course most people would prefer shooting to snorting, because of the rush, but it really depends on the availability of the drug that makes it worth it in my opinion. if i can get the same high eating something than i may as well go that route, rather than pump more talc and goo in my bloodstream.

RxQueen
12-30-2009, 03:34 AM
your buzz will sure last longer if you don't shoot them. the shortest duration comes from shooting, then snorting, while eating 'em lasts the longest. pretty much works out that the quicker it comes on, the quicker it will fade away.

harmonik
12-30-2009, 12:19 PM
I had no rigs a while back so I had to snort my doses for the day.. I really didn't feel much. It satisfied my opiate craving, but not the rush craving.

Who knows.. you still could have barely any tolerance or dependency depending on the period uve used them.. i bet if you shot for the next 6 months and tried it again, it'd be a different story.. but again who knows? :P

Ickyuck
12-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I'd snort it over shooting any day. Because its oral bio is so high, what doesn't get stuck to your insides goes to your stomach. Mind you I've never shot oxy's... But from what I've read, I'd rather not.

Narkotikon
12-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Generally what's true for oxy is usually the opposite for morphine / heroin / hydromorphone / oxymorphone.

The oral BA of oxycodone is so high, I'd personally rather eat the stuff / take it orally. Then perhaps snort it, but really I'd probably do that a few times, then just go back to eating them. I like to get the most for my money, although I do like a good rush. I guess ultimately it would just depend on my mood / what I wanted at the time.

BUT, for oxycodone, since prices are (IMHO) way too high per mg, I'd stick to eating over shooting. It would just last longer.

Now, if I were presented with a Kadian / MS-Contin / Avinza, a decent / average bag of dope, a Dillie, or an Opana IR (which, I must say, I've never seen or tried Opana IR or ER yet, so no oxymorphone for me yet, unless you count it being a metabolite of oxycodone, which I don't), I would shoot it, then snort it, then plug it, then eat / ingest it orally as a last resort.

It all has to do with bioavailability.

Although, and this is a bit off topic, I sort of hate it when health-care professionals automatically assume that just because you're an opiate addict you're also automatically a needle junkie / IV user too.

I remember when I was still living on my own in Lexington and I stupidly went to the ER at UK thinking they'd actually help me in w/d. Anyway, the nurse there, who was very prejudicial against me b/c of my addiction, said this to me upon trying to draw blood: "so, where am I going to be able to stick you?"

I mean, I had shot up before, but it wasn't that big of a thing in my life yet. In other words, I had no track marks and very good veins. Hell, aside from having small girly veins, I still have good / great veins. So I just looked at her like "um, wait a minute, just because I'm into opiates I've automatically got to be an IV user?" Stupid bitch. Then she proceeded to lecture me and tell me how my mother is always right to go through my own things in my own apartment. But, that's another story.

The short of it is just b/c you use opiates doesn't mean you HAVE to IV it. And healthcare professionals should know that, and also mind their own damned business when it comes to YOUR personal life. They should help you, not lecture / judge you.

Edit:

Oh, yeah, the nurse also commented on how hard it was to stick me b/c I had such small veins. She let a student nurse poke me for about ten fucking minutes before she would do it herself. And she insisted on doing it on the top of my hand where it really fucking hurts if you don't know what you're doing and continually miss. I think she did that because she viewed me as some sub-human addict pin-cushion. I was about ready to yank the needle away and do it myself.

But, anyway, I told her that I mostly snorted / smoked / took pills orally, which at that time was true, and she said something like "oh, that's why your veins are so small." Um, no, it's because I was born with small veins. Again, stupid bitch. I've always ALWAYS, even as a child, had small, deep, girly veins. Has nothing to do with my drug use.

mess4opana
12-30-2009, 01:31 PM
i must agree with the consensus - why shoot when bioavailibility is so high? i dont even bother snorting it. but alas i have never shot it dont plan to atm. but oxymorphone, now thats a different story.

it make perfect sense - it should last longer and get you higher if you snort it instead. shit, just eat it. i donno crush it up if you gotta i donno those little fuckers will break a tooth - and contrary to popular belief, they do not taste like candy. all opiates seem to be bitter

More Feen
12-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Oral BA== Eating them. Yes, this would be pretty good. Pref to other routes, BUT:

I really hate snorting shyte. If my choice was sniff, oder schlamm, I would slam (if done properly, with wheel filter, etc....).

M F

Tainted
12-31-2009, 05:32 PM
I really don't get why people don't understand shooting oxys. It has nothing to do with the bioavailability. Shooting a drug makes the feeling seem like almost an entirely different drug vs snorting/eating. It's all about the rush. If i was to get 5 roxys and snort them all, yeah, MAYBE i'd get a buzz (i normally shoot around 5) but even if iw as buzzin hard, I'd still be fiending hard because I want that rush. I want to see the blood pour into the syringe right before I slam the plunger down.

mess4opana
12-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I really don't get why people don't understand shooting oxys. It has nothing to do with the bioavailability. Shooting a drug makes the feeling seem like almost an entirely different drug vs snorting/eating. It's all about the rush. If i was to get 5 roxys and snort them all, yeah, MAYBE i'd get a buzz (i normally shoot around 5) but even if iw as buzzin hard, I'd still be fiending hard because I want that rush. I want to see the blood pour into the syringe right before I slam the plunger down.

everyone's got their own bag, man

i guess i shouldnt knock it until i try shootin oxycodone
:cool:
but it doesnt seem appealing - but thats me.

what about smoking oxycodone?!
i just cant fucking imagine why someone choose, willfully this roa!
but there are those who swerar by it, and i guess its more convienient when you have a small piece of a damn expensive pill - but I never plan to try it.
I have asthma tho, so I try to be a little bit less destructive to my lungs

Opie I. T.
01-01-2010, 12:30 AM

+1 yep, pretty stupid esp when bio avial is so high but gotdamn that rush is killer :D
imo anywayz