PDA

View Full Version : Can you actually "flush out" with water?

disk0
12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
First off, I apologize if this has been answered before; I googled and used the search on here, but I can't find a specific answer. What I would like to know is can you actually flush water soluble drugs out of your system by drinking a lot of water? Obviously you wouldn't want to drink too much due to the whole water toxicity thing. Also, I'm not talking about dilution, I'm talking about actually removing drug metabolites from your system quicker by drinking more water.

Also, how does ROA affect detection times (if it does at all)? Logic, to me, says that shooting something would have it out of your system faster than say snorting or eating something. (Quicker and shorter duration of effects = quicker metabolism of the drug?) Anyone know if this is true, and by how much?

jonsonville
12-23-2009, 02:02 PM
yes, drinking a lot of water will get stuff out of your system faster. its not like you can drink enough water to piss clean in one day if youre a daily opiate user, but if you know you have a UA comming up drinking a lot of water will get the drugs out of your system faster (assuming you stop taking the drug).

disk0
12-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Good to know. SWIM isn't a daily user anymore, just wanted a night to relax. Also, I'm fairly certain the place SWIM gets tested at doesn't test for oxy anyway, as I have friends who have been on that program and claim to have been doing oxy every day for 8 months of it. Do you know anything about the whole ROA thing though?

jonsonville
12-23-2009, 06:43 PM
on the ROA thing i dont really think theres a big difference in how long it takes to get out of your system with one time oxy use. the fact that it doesnt show up on that test makes sense cuz oxy isnt morphine based so it doesnt show up as OPI on a urine test, they specifically test for it if they want to.

JonnyM
12-23-2009, 06:58 PM
on the ROA thing i dont really think theres a big difference in how long it takes to get out of your system with one time oxy use. the fact that it doesnt show up on that test makes sense cuz oxy isnt morphine based so it doesnt show up as OPI on a urine test, they specifically test for it if they want to.

Its becoming more standard though. Alot of places are looking for it... best to get a script for percs or something and have that on hand to be like "see prescribed".

Shadowsblaze
12-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey wtf I have been told to drink alot of water for this leg shit I got so am I fucking my pain relief as well as my buzz on this account.

pdxninja
12-23-2009, 07:14 PM
i dont think water will ruin your high bro
blame it on your DOC's halflife

Shadowsblaze
12-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Thats cool

More Feen
12-23-2009, 07:29 PM
I might be wrong, but drinking lots of water won't necessarily "flush" drugs (and their metabolites) out of your system any faster.

What drinking lots of water does is dilute your urine sample. If one were right on the border for the cut-off point (concentration) of certain metabolites to indicate "Positive," having drunk more than a normal amount of water could bring that concentration below the cut-off point, yielding a negative result.

Please let me know if I am wrong about this. I will have to up-date my files.

M F

JonnyM
12-23-2009, 08:36 PM
I might be wrong, but drinking lots of water won't necessarily "flush" drugs (and their metabolites) out of your system any faster.

What drinking lots of water does is dilute your urine sample. If one were right on the border for the cut-off point (concentration) of certain metabolites to indicate "Positive," having drunk more than a normal amount of water could bring that concentration below the cut-off point, yielding a negative result.

Please let me know if I am wrong about this. I will have to up-date my files.

M F

Thats exactly right, and it should be mentioned that you can die from drinking too much water, so be careful when using this 'method' (click here for more info) (http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=23707).

I think you are better off using someone elses urine if you can manage it.

disk0
12-23-2009, 11:52 PM

Unfortunately, that's not really an option as the tests are very closely monitored. Almost to the point of sexual harassment. (A little exaggeration of course.)

EDIT: I did just find out that SWIM can get 2 verbal warnings for providing a specimen that is too dilute. It may be a good time to use one of those...

WarmCyanide
12-24-2009, 01:03 AM
fat soluble drugs you are chancing. water soluble in the same vein (npi) is diff story but flushing out a shitload just before can change specific gravity of urine. i have no idea if just a screen vs monitoring will check for that. some check for just the metabolites but make sure that the specific gravity (concentration) is not to high. couldnt picture them saying yr piss is too dilute to check for drug titers.
i would say the best bet is art piss. anyone used such products that labs have detected it as an adulterant should make a thread and call out the 400 percent money back guaranteers that have failed.
good luck and merry stuff..

Tainted
12-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Thats exactly right, and it should be mentioned that you can die from drinking too much water, so be careful when using this 'method' (click here for more info) (http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=23707).

this needs to be reiterated. I've seen some people drink DANGEROUS amounts of water trying to beat a piss test. eat some saltines or something if your going to be drinking lots of water, you need to get the sodium in your bloodstream up as water dilutes your blood of it and makes your brain expand and crush itself on your skull. not fun.

edit, also if it's a lab test, drinking lots of water (as others have said) doesn't get it out of your system faster, it just dilutes your piss down. if you drink enough water, your pissing pretty much water. if its a lab test, they often check hormone and creatine levels, as well as the specific gravity. if you dilute your piss, they will know and it will come back inconclusive which can be just as bad as failing in some cases.

if your just getting a dip stick test, piss as many times before you go in for the test. the first piss of the day always contains the highest concentration of metabolites. take some vitamin B2/12 to make your piss yellow (if its clear they may think you are deliberately diluting it) and when you piss in the cup, make sure it's mid stream. the first and last parts of the stream contain higher amounts of the metabolites (so I've read)

Paregoric Kid
12-24-2009, 03:21 PM
to a point it does flush your system out. more importantly it dilutes the level of metabolites in your urine because more of your urine is now water, if you have enough water it will drop the concentration of metabolites to such a low level that is below the cutoff point for a positive test result. taking b vitamins and other supplements helps keep your urine looking normal and not diluted.