PDA

View Full Version : Questions about buying needles

Wilshire
12-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I UTFSE, but I with no success to finding an answer to my exact question. So, fortunatly I live in a state that doesn't require you to have a prescription to get syringes. Now, what would I have to say/act like to appear a non-drug user? I was thinking I would go in there with a "note" from my mom and explain that she isn't feeling well and sent me down here to pick these up for her. And what would be the best size to ask for? (For roxis) I appreciate any info, thanks!

Thanat0s
12-18-2009, 11:02 AM
u-100 insulin

get an empty bottle
act a little ignorant about it all
show em the bottle,

tell em u need the needle for 'this'

and let them tell u
that itsa 1cc 1/2" 29ga

heh

Chemical_Boy
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM
I find that just looking them in the eye and asking specifically for what you want is the best way. Most legitimate medical users who buy these probably don't go in and explain some big long story every time they buy the shit. . .

hero 1
12-18-2009, 11:19 AM
1cc 1/2 inch 29 or 30 gauge insulin syringe just walk uplike you know what
you are doing bring enough money to buy a case @ 20 bucks
junkies usually dont buy em buy the case or at least that what
they think

dont shoot drugs its a waste of ammo

Thanat0s
12-18-2009, 11:21 AM
depends on OPs age too

pharmacists deescretion and all

ive had friends in okc
the pharm would not sell to

Ickyuck
12-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Wilshire, Its really easy to go up to the counter and get some. Just go up and ask for some insulin syringes, u-100's. If they ask what type of tip, just say long. If you have track marks, wear long sleaves. Trust me. This is an easy task.

Wilshire
12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks all! I appreciate it. I think it does sound better to just walk up and appear like it's an everyday thing. I'm also 20, about to be 21. No track marks. So, if I just say "can I get a box of the of the u-100s" it should fly?

biggermuscles
12-18-2009, 11:41 AM
In my opinion slamming a roxi is a COMPLETE waste of a jam and of time.. It has NO effect on me what so ever.. I would rather crush them, or just chew on them?

Just my opinion <>

But Im usually right!!!

Chemical_Boy
12-18-2009, 11:43 AM
I think there are quite a few people who prefer snorting or plain swallowing to slamming....

Wilshire
12-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I have been snorting and eating them for awhile now, I have a few friends that do it, and I've tried it once and I was wanting to try again but I'm a clean freak and never want to share a needle. But that first time wasn't enough and if it's not much better this time then I'll just stick to oral and sniffin'.

DreamCatcher
12-18-2009, 12:06 PM
I UTFSE, but I with no success to finding an answer to my exact question. So, fortunatly I live in a state that doesn't require you to have a prescription to get syringes. Now, what would I have to say/act like to appear a non-drug user? I was thinking I would go in there with a "note" from my mom and explain that she isn't feeling well and sent me down here to pick these up for her. And what would be the best size to ask for? (For roxis) I appreciate any info, thanks!

I will have to agree with everyone here: It's really not that hard, and telling a long-ass story about how someone in your family is going to die any moment if you don't come back with the rigs in under 45 seconds is def not a good idea cuz like someone already said: Legit buyers don't talk bout stuff like that.

Funny thing though: I have used the "note thing" before. But I've only used it in the stores that have previously refused to sell it to me. And It was a note in my iPod Touch that said: " 1 cc insulin long tip(?)" I had the (?) At the end to pretend like i have no idea what the hell is a long tip :D I'd read it sounding really confuzed, and 99% of the time they just went: Oh! I can help you with that!
And I'd be like: really?! Thats great...cuz I..had no idea...
They would just get it for me all smiling and stuff thinking they're helping out someone who's all lost and confused...They other 1% of the time they would just give me the stuff...

But that's only if you can'y get it by just asking :)

Good luck:p

hero 1
12-18-2009, 12:17 PM
depends on OPs age too

pharmacists deescretion and all

ive had friends in okc
the pharm would not sell to
shit man im 45 and had pharms that wouldnt sell to me
its just them anal rententive pharms
could you imangine workin round those drugs
all day an not getin to use any of them
make me an asshole too

Deadfiend
12-18-2009, 12:28 PM
"I need bah bah bah pack of 100 needles for bah bah bah" -make sure its a pharmacists and not a tech

"Sorry I can't sell those to you, thay might not be used for the right reason"

"Your right sir they just might not be used for the right reason, and since I have HIV, and hep C,and now I have reuse the dirty needles that I have left other then throwing them away like I should, I just hope none of my friends comes over and picks up any of my needles and uses there for him or herself, like sometime do, I wounder how many life's you could have saved by selling me a box of clean needles, and I wound just how many people will died because you would not sell them clean needles in you life as a pharmacist."

It might give him/her something to think about at night.

If you cant get any from the store that just order them online.

Flaco
12-18-2009, 12:34 PM
I think there are quite a few people who prefer snorting or plain swallowing to slamming....

Yes......please if you just use roxi's please do not IV, it really makes for no better experience. The needle exacerbates the problem further. The first 5 times you inject you may get a rush but that goes away fast. I began IVing better pharms than roxi's and was pleased with the results but now I am trying to make the jump backward, and it has been difficult but i do have good will power. I went from a recreational/medical user to str8 fiend quickly. Though your a big boy and can make your own decisions:) Hell go back to percs wish i could still use those....

krinkov
12-18-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't know why everyone is so against shooting oxy. The rush is great and almost as good as shooting H. Right after you shoot, you get the taste in your mouth and then a great rush. Well worth it and the only method I use for oxy anymore.

ETA: I didn't see that this is only your second time using the needle. Please don't start. It will be a downward spiral from there that very few people can stay away from.

TheJuggla1207
12-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Just my opinion <>
But Im usually right!!!

cocky much?

oh and i was just curious, but is it me or does it seem like there are a lot more threads being started by the rookies more now than ever, shit when i joined a year ago us rooks were scared to start a new thread, other than an intro one for fear of being e-slapped and told to read more, write less, when your a rook. but i aint bitchin or anything, just curious

and about the shooting thing, in my opiate life i never shot, it was something i was very adamant about not doing, there is always a dose you can snort/swallow that will get u high, it just depends on how much money you have to spend or how much willpower you have to just keep well today, and get obliterated tomorrow, but if u do decide to shoot pills please filter very very good. and about asking for em, the perfect answer has already been given to you by ickyuck and dreamcatcher so i wont bother to repeat it.

B-Diesel-More
12-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Anyone have any clue what syringe laws are in Maryland or if there is a needle exchange in Baltimore. Someone who is certainly not me currently has 2 pharmacies that he/she/it get rigs from and he/she/it" was just wondering if it was there up to their discretion to sell me needles or they like me are "criminals" in the eyes of Johnny Law. If you think about it these pharmacists selling SWIM "illegal" pins then maybe they will part with a few items from the Sch. II cabinet

Ickyuck
12-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Anyone have any clue what syringe laws are in Maryland or if there is a needle exchange in Baltimore.

I'm sure you can google it or maybe use our search engine.

BTW I like your user name.

Wilshire
12-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Anyone have any clue what syringe laws are in Maryland or if there is a needle exchange in Baltimore. Someone who is certainly not me currently has 2 pharmacies that he/she/it get rigs from and he/she/it&quot; was just wondering if it was there up to their discretion to sell me needles or they like me are &quot;criminals&quot; in the eyes of Johnny Law. If you think about it these pharmacists selling SWIM &quot;illegal&quot; pins then maybe they will part with a few items from the Sch. II cabinet

Hey, all I did to figure out the laws in my neck of the wood was search on google and it was one of the first few links. I'm pretty sure if they sell them to you then you don't need a prescription to obtain those. Haha, good luck getting them to part with some sch. IIs I don't think that's up to their discretion...
Still havn't picked them up yet myself, how much does a box usually cost? Not more then twenty dollars?

RxQueen
12-18-2009, 11:39 PM
oh and i was just curious, but is it me or does it seem like there are a lot more threads being started by the rookies more now than ever, shit when i joined a year ago us rooks were scared to start a new thread, other than an intro one for fear of being e-slapped and told to read more, write less, when your a rook. but i aint bitchin or anything, just curious

it's not just you. it's still a fact that the newer you are here, the more you should be reading much more than you type. and when you do type, (other than an introduction) it's far better to respond to and participate in other people's threads, than to keep starting new ones of your own. no one likes noobs that come in like a whirlwind and won't take the necessary time to just fit in naturally.

we all understand that the new kids are excited about being here.... hell, we were all new once. but there does seem to be an over-abundance of noob threads with topics that have been done to death (old easy-to-find-the-answer-to questions, and repetitive stuff). read lots of old threads, new guys... there's tons of stuff you could learn by taking some time.

erica
12-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Still havn't picked them up yet myself, how much does a box usually cost? Not more then twenty dollars?

Generally, yeah about 20 bucks. A friend of mine just picked up a box today from Walgreens, and it was $15.

Also of note: has anyone noticed that they tend to give you less of a hard time when the pharmacy is really busy? Said friend went in today at 5:30 pm, and the pharmacy employees were in such a rush to get through the line that no one even gave her a second glance.

China white
12-19-2009, 12:32 AM
here in minneapolis, one can buy syringes in most places with little to no problems..depending on where one goes...although if you walk in looking like a junky they probably wont sell them to you...which is the opposite which one would think...but walgreens is a fucking bitch and they most likely wont selll them to you at any location.......when i was in L.A. there was only one fucking pharmacy that would sell me or anyone rigs....it was just this one place that seemed like thats all they were there for and anyone that lives in the west part of L.A. probably knows where im talking about. Out of all states ive been to Minnesota has been the easiest place to obtain rigs outside of an exchange setting

sometimes when they dont want to sell them to you but will they give you the REALLY REALLY short needle tips..which in a way is/was better than nothing. That happened to me in orlando

dieselbaby
12-19-2009, 02:41 AM
Refer to this post for some good information, a little tutorial I wrote up a while back (as a matter of fact this thread I'm linking to has a nearly identical title):

http://forum.opiophile.org/showpost.php?p=359614&postcount=6 (http://forum.opiophile.org/showpost.php?p=359614&postcount=6)

Personally if I were you I would just go in and ask for "a bag of 29 gauge 1 cc insulin syringes" You should buy a BOX of 100 if you have the cash though. They are like $18 at a CVS type place or $13 or so at Wal-Mart, and it looks a lot better buying a box instead of just 10 at a time, because people who actually have diabetes usually buy them by the box. If you have never shot up before these needles should be perfect for your first time use. The 29 gauge comes with a 1/2 needle, the standard size. If you want to try hitting some smaller veins in your forearm/wrist/hand area you should ask for the 31 gauge short tip needle (5/16 inch) - those come in 3/10cc, 1/2cc and 1cc sizes, the 1/2 size being most common.

Check the laws for your particular state, but here's a writeup I made that should help you out a lot:

:fever: Needle buying tips Are some of you who are having problems getting syringes having these problems because you look like a stereotypical junkie?

I think it's so stupid when people go in there with something written on a piece of paper, like they "don't know" what they are going there to pick up (as if this makes it any less suspicious :rolleyes:) or when they act like they are going in there to pick it up for a grandmother/brother/dog/etc. It's pretty to obvious to anyone with half a brain that you are going there to pick up needles, to use for drugs, on yourself. Going in there with a piece of paper that says "syringes, 29 gauge, 1 cc" or whatever is so lame. Who hands a piece of paper to a clerk in a store anyway?

I live in Indiana, one of the most conservative states, and even though the law states that it is legal to purchase syringes without a prescription, you can still be charged with a FELONY (class D felony - unlawful possession of syringe) if you are caught with one. You don't need a prescription to purchase insulin.

Like others have said, some places will give you a hard time as it is chain policy not to sell syringes without a prescription. It can ultimately be up to the pharmacist or pharm tech at the store whether you're gonna get them or not. This is usually bullshit and varies depending on the person trying to purchase them. I look very clean-cut, am always well-dressed and well spoken so I never have a problem regardless of where I go.

I used to go to Wal-Mart and get boxes of 100 for $13.59, however, one time there was a pharmacy tech working who I had never bought from before who gave me a big problem because "I didn't have an insulin prescription on file with Wal-Mart", instead of backing down like most timid junkies would do, I instead caused a big stink and made a huge scene in front of everyone. I yelled at the woman and asked her if she was accusing me of being a junkie. I believe I remember yelling "do I look like some god damned meth head to you?!?" I demanded to see a manager and then I got them, and the stupid bitch got reprimanded. If any of you are having problems I recommend doing the same thing. If you really had diabetes and needed syringes (you should buy them by the box) wouldn't you be pissed if they were denying them to you as well? Or if they are giving you a really hard time you could always say; "do you really want it on your conscience that I'm going to go use a dull and dirty needle at home now because you won't give me a clean one? How would you feel if I got hepatitis or HIV from it? Do you think your self-righteousness is going to stop me from shooting my heroin/coke/oxy/whatever?" That's pretty extreme and I would only use it as a last option.

Personally I think ordering off the internet is a good idea if you can afford it, but it's fucking expensive. www.theneedlebeast.com (http://www.theneedlebeast.com/) and www.getpinz.com (http://www.getpinz.com/) are two great places to order from (they will be packaged and billed discreetly, and are relatively cheap although if you shop around on froogle.google.com you can definitely find cheaper). I would personally never pay any more than $20 for a box of 100. Right now I go to a local mom & pop pharmacy here which is more than glad to sell me my insulin syringes. I go in and ask exactly for "a box of 29 gauge, 1 cc insulin syringes." I like giving the independent pharmacy my business anyway, and the people there are really nice to me. I think that if you start saying all these specifics like brand name or 1/2 inch needle, etc. it can make you look like a junkie. I've never been second-guessed-I've got the employees where I go to now convinced I'm truly diabetic, and you could always buy a thing of insulin or some other diabetic product like lancets, testing strips, etc. if you really wanted to in order to make yourself look more legitimate. A strange benefit of living in Indiana is that you need to sign a register (a log book) when you buy needles, so they can keep track of them (not keeping your information for anything bad). This is good because if anyone questions me I can just be like, "look, I come here all the time, I'm in the book about 20 times buying the same exact thing." If you're even asked why you're not on file for a prescription for insulin at their pharmacy, you can say "I get my humalog at Wal-Mart where it's cheaper but my syringes here since your store carries the size I prefer."

It's also good to do some research about diabetes if you're going to pretend like you have it. Knowing stupid little things, like the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes, what your blood glucose levels should be, what kind of insulin you use, how many units, how you mix it, how often you inject, etc. are all small things that you can easily remember and throw back in the face of any nosy pharmacist. Cover your fucking track marks. Diabetics do not shoot insulin intravenously, it's shot subcutaneously (skin-popped) and you should know this.

Again, I would recommend going against the "buying for grandma/friend/dog" route, as odds are if you're shooting up, and they sell it to you, you're going to go back and buy more, which is going to make it obvious you're lying. Support local small businesses anyway. The majority will be more than happy to sell syringes to you (and DO call them syringes, nothing else - not needles, spikes, rigs, fits, etc.) and will appreciate your continued business. Once you make the first purchase at a small place, let them know that you're "new in the area" and ask to see if they will keep the kind you like stocked for you. Most pharmacies don't sell a lot of of syringes especially by the box so you may have to shop around before you find the specific kind you like. If anyone asks you for a prescription for the syringes themselves, and not necessarily the insulin, your best response would be to act bewildered (I mean, honestly, what fucking doctor writes a prescription for syringes?) and be like, "my doctor never writes me a prescription." If they say you need to have a prescription just say (if you are young enough to pull this off) that you go to school in the area, and your parents send you your medicine every three months in the mail. Or you could always claim that you have a prescription in the system, and if they look it up to no avail, just say that they must be mistaken. If you are confident and act like you have done nothing wrong it goes a long way. Confidence is key.

Good luck! :) Love Dieselbaby xoxo

OPIcunningham
12-19-2009, 02:59 AM
in CA you cant buy at pharms either, but at a store that sounds like bosco, you can by them. i have to fill out a lil piece of paper with my membership card and what the are for. i just say i have a diabetic dog.

Wilshire
12-19-2009, 09:20 AM
D-Baby, wow! That's a great read, thank you very much. There is a lot of good info in there, did you just right that up?? And to everyone talking about "noon threads". Indeed I did just "officially join OP, but before november I was lurking since like april, I never had a chance to join until november, but I did quite a bit of reading, I kept up with the threads... And also I UTFSE and typed "buying syringes" and "buying needles" and nothing popped up... Maybe I'm just dumb then...

Wilshire
12-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Well... It won't let me edit my above post, which is kind of annoying, but I ment to say "NOOB threads". Not noon.

limitless_euphoria
12-19-2009, 12:59 PM
First off, Wal-Mart and Target supposedly sell needles w/o a hassle.
You can order them online.
You can say they're for a vitamin B12 injection.
Give just as much info as necessary but not too much more; that tends to set off the B.S. radar.
Know exactly what you want, examples given such as U100s or my personal needle of choice used to be B&D ultrafines 31 gauge 1" points.
If one pharmacy gives you a hassle try another.
Don't fight with them too much or they're NOT going to help you.
Also, try going to a pharm in a sketchy area; believe it or not there are some have just become detached and don't care (more the exception than the rule though).

methadoniac1972
12-19-2009, 01:25 PM
hello im new to opiophile, so i don't know if i'm posting this right, but i'm sure i will find out if im not here goes.. i've been reading posts on this board for a few years and finally got registered. i live in upstate NY on the PA border. i am scripted 90 methadones 10 mg and 90 oxy 5's a month. we can get needles here w/out a script but some pharmacies want i.d. no problem. but there is a chain of local pharms that absolutely will not sell nedles w/out a script even though the nysafe law says they have to. it is owned by a very conservative catholic family and consequently, they also refuse to sell any kind of birth control. so thats what we have to deal with up here. thanks for listening i hope to have this posting thing figured out soon, along with an avatar. thanks...

BigLou
01-02-2010, 07:43 PM
they just legalized the sale of of insulin syringes in my state in certain participating pharmicies. so far ive only bought from 2. the one pharmacy i go to rumor is you can only buy one ten pack a day and the other one i go to about 7 miles away i buy 100 at a time. but when i go to the closest one i just say "hi i need a ten pack of 30 gauge, 1cc. half inch" and they ring it up and im on my way 2.99 for ten new rigs not bad. BD's too. and now when i go back they remember me and usually just grab a bag and ring me up without me even having to say a word lol

oneironaut
01-03-2010, 01:20 AM
i used to say that my mother needed to take her methatrexate(sp), was sick at home, and i needed to buy syringes for her. now i just walk in with confidence and say "i need a bag of 1cc 1/2in 30 guage syringes, please" and i have never had a problem. people buy needles for their insulin, methatrexate, ect... so just act like you know what you're doing and remember the three ingredients. since i go through a bunch i have a bunch of pharms that i hit in rotation that way they don't get suspicious.

so if they make up some bullshit like you need a prescription (even though you don't here, i have had that happen once) just say "alright whatever i'll go next door to such and such and just get them there, since i've never had this problem before..."

walmart and target sell them in 100 packs only. walmart is cheapest, usually like 16 bucks for a 100, which is a steal. targets like $26.

Ickyuck
01-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm travelling to Staten Island today to get some rigs. Wish me luck!

BigLou
01-03-2010, 11:20 AM
ya i noticed if u just go in confident and dont stutter and look like an idiot you will be okay. its weird because ive boughten a ten pack and then right after me this girl who looks like a junky (and is) no offesne to junkys i am one too but she went in all dumb about it and they turned her away asking for her diabetic card. i think she also fills her sub script and benzo script at the same pharmacy *HINT* not usually a good idea lol

methadoniac1972
01-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks all! I appreciate it. I think it does sound better to just walk up and appear like it's an everyday thing. I'm also 20, about to be 21. No track marks. So, if I just say "can I get a box of the of the u-100s" it should fly?

in NY we can only get a bag of 10 at one time at a pharmacy. i just say " i need a bag of the u-100 insulin shorts please." the pharmacist never ever gives me a prob. theres a thing in NY called safe NY or something lioke that to protect i.v users. you get a pamphlet in the bag sometimes on how to safely i.v. , wash the injection site, prep /re-use needles(although they advise against it) and how to tell if you've developed a problem (abcess etc) its good info and sometimes they put it in the bag, sometimes not. they are supposed to ask for id and record your name and age (must be 18) but they rarely do this w/me as iam almost 38. :cool:

Ickyuck
01-03-2010, 11:28 AM
in NY we can only get a bag of 10 at one time at a pharmacy. i just say " i need a bag of the u-100 insulin shorts please." the pharmacist never ever gives me a prob. theres a thing in NY called safe NY or something lioke that to protect i.v users. you get a pamphlet in the bag sometimes on how to safely i.v. , wash the injection site, prep /re-use needles(although they advise against it) and how to tell if you've developed a problem (abcess etc) its good info and sometimes they put it in the bag, sometimes not. they are supposed to ask for id and record your name and age (must be 18) but they rarely do this w/me as iam almost 38. :cool:

Yeah in NYC I've never been asked for ID.

EDIT: So IckYuck went to the CVS today in Staten Island. Got rigs, no problems. She was a bit nervous so she brought something just in case. (Why am I talking in third person?) Uh.. this is what I did:
Grabbed a post it note and wrote down "30 g Diabetic Syringes, Long point". THen I added "Werther's Originals" So I go in with my post it note in hand, greet the saleslady, and look at my note. "UH, I'd like 30g diabetic needles" and she gestured for me to give her the note, so I did. She then went to the back and got them. No prolemo.

Oh.. and why the Werther's Originals? We all know an old person who likes them....

JTDuffet
01-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Yatta IckYuck!! yatta! hey Icky, are you JP? or just into JP stuff. i can speak and read/write jp, but im american. just curious as I see some hiragana in your sigs sometimes. 日本語が好き!

BTW, i get all my rigs at local CVS stores. i walk in and go to the pharmacy, ask for 1CC 30 Guage 1/2". thats it. then when they find a package, and are walking to give it to me, i say. can i get 5 packs please?

they are like 2.78 a pack.. so its 13.xx for 5 packs.. lasts me 10 days approx. at 4-5 shots/day.

i have never been denied before... but a few times when i asked for 5 packs i got a look. 1 tech/aid actually said.. thats 50 right? like i coudn't do the math or something?

to the OP... just be careful. using rigs definitely catches up with ya, and can be an addiction of itself. for example, the last time i was kicking and really sick, i injected water in the hopes I would feel better. thats sick.. and what i mean by new addiction you don't need. ;( so just think about it...

here is my needle collection.. BTW. thousasnds of used rigs....

-jt