PDA

View Full Version : The Jugular

Grizzly_Arbuckle
12-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Ok, so most hypes who have been using for a while will hit the jugular from time to time or at least give it a try. I have geezed in my neck on several occasions when all else fails. I had a little pamphlet on IV safety that I would refer to every time to ensure a safe high. I have seen people missing the jugular and that shit is nasty. However my pamphlet was in spanish which i dont speak but the pictures showed where was safe and where was not. I am just curious about something. I know many of you have experienced the swollen hand. This is caused from the blood flowing to your muscles I assume, so is it possible for this to happen if you shoot and the blood flows to your brain instead of your heart. If anyone knows please let me know, I recently had the swollen hand happen to me and was looking at a picture of me registering in my neck, I put 2 and 2 together and had an ugly image of swollen brain throbbing with the little white spots.

30_Units
12-18-2009, 04:24 AM
Ughh, swollen limbs are usually from an arterial shot, as opposed to a venous one. Do some reading up, google "heroin helper" and "getting off right" to point you in the right direction as to which are which.

Generally speaking, if the blood is vivid red, rushes into the syringe, and hurts like hell when you push it is, it's an artery.

If it's slow, sluggish, black blood-it's a vein. This is what you want. a vein does not have a pulse, arteries have pulses.

I don't know what to say about shooting up in your neck, glad I've never had to do it. Don't recommend it. Ugh. And yes, an arterial neck shot could very well make your neck swell and close your windpipe and yes, kill you, so if you can't tell the difference between arterial and venous blood, it's probably a bad idea.

erica
12-18-2009, 04:52 AM
Generally speaking, if the blood is vivid red, rushes into the syringe, and hurts like hell when you push it is, it's an artery.

Also if the blood is frothy/bubbly, or it comes into the syringe without you pulling back on the plunger.

You should do anything and everything you can to avoid shooting into your neck. The arteries, nerves, and veins are plentiful and VERY close together and you have a very good chance of hitting them. Think about it, even if the chances of you hitting a vein were 66% (totally made up, just to make a point), that means that for every 3 shots, you'd hit either an artery (stroke, aneurysm) or nerve (extreme pain, paralysis), causing serious damage or very possibly, death. And I'd bet lots of money that your chances of hitting a vein are way less than 66%. Even if you DO get the vein, you could still get an abscess, which could block your airway or crush your nerves. But I'm sure you realize how serious this is, I guess I kinda went off on a tangent there.

To answer your question, absolutely - if you inject into an artery, it goes DIRECTLY to your brain. This is extremely bad for a hundred different reasons. And hey, you don't get any rush from an arterial shot (as if all of the dangers aren't enough to deter someone in the first place! hah). Sorry for going on and on here, I just wouldn't want anyone taking this stuff lightly. Good luck to you.

Import
12-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Yeah I wasrockin the Big Baby Hand (bbh) for a while from artery shootin. Given how that was, I can only imagine what would happen if you rocked the jugular. Baby Face (bf). Baby Face Fatty (bff [4eva <3]).

Big head lollin over too heavy for neck...not funny but I'm laughing.

Thanat0s
12-18-2009, 06:28 AM
as covered elsewhere

the arteries in yer neck go to brain

i have hit said arteries

omg, dont do it

easy to die

best case is
full grand mal
or a stroke.

the caroidid is very near the clavicle vein and hard to tell a diff in the register in mirror
stay away, really, im a pro at it and i hit artery 3 fucking time, big speedballs too...

not joking.

Grizzly_Arbuckle
12-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I have already stopped shooting in my neck, I was just curious about how bad it would be hitting the artery and dope going straight to your brain. Just the image i get thinking about it has brought shivers down my spine. I am sure it is painful, definately unpleasant, most likely deadly, I just want to know if anyone has info on what would happen if you did get .9ccs of any opiate on a direct shot to your brain.

hero 1
12-18-2009, 02:56 PM
hiding an absess on your neck would be a
mother fucker too it the holidays
so forced interaction with people is
kinda a must around this time of year
try your grion befor you neck

More Feen
12-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Unlike most veins, the jugular can have a bit of a sluggish movement to it (from the blood returning from the ol' brainster and from functions of the heart's right side, valves & such).

In certain positions, this pulatile nature of the jugular vein can be used by docs/nurses to assess a patient's condition.

It is NOT like the pulsations of the carotid artery!! More of a flacid movement.

I think sitting, reclined @ ~30' angle gives the best results for healthy people.

The Carotid Arteries (there are 2 major ones, left & right, and those branch off to internal & external the higher up you go) are usually more towards the middle of the neck, on either side of the windpipe.

The jugular veins (yes, more than one) are more towards the sides of the neck (away from the trachea).

Personally, I'd avoid shooting anywhere above your elbows. But if you gotta shoot in your neck, stay away from your windpipe (press two fingers on either side and you should feel Mr. Carotid(s))--that's the place to stay away from.

M F

PS- Here's the Wiki on JVP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jugular_venous_pressure

Thanat0s
12-18-2009, 03:41 PM
I have already stopped shooting in my neck, I was just curious about how bad it would be hitting the artery and dope going straight to your brain. Just the image i get thinking about it has brought shivers down my spine. I am sure it is painful, definately unpleasant, most likely deadly, I just want to know if anyone has info on what would happen if you did get .9ccs of any opiate on a direct shot to your brain.
ive done it

grand mal seiure
or stroke
im not sure what to call it
i bit my tounge, thrashed around
had 'nothing behind my eyes'
for near 10 minutes

no pretty picture,
im lucky alive at all.
stay away
from the neck
i CAN kill u
easy.
really.

erica
12-18-2009, 04:55 PM
I just want to know if anyone has info on what would happen if you did get .9ccs of any opiate on a direct shot to your brain.

Apparently, you wouldn't get a rush since the artery would dilute the shot...just what I've read.

Dr.G
12-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Morepheen has a point, and by no means will I advise you to shoot the jugular vein. If you lay at an angle, the jugular will become distended (protrude) to the skin. From there it is easily accessible and fairly easy to recognize. If you find the absolute need to do this palpate the suspected vein and if you feel a pulse avoid. The jugular pulse can sometimes be discernible, but is noticeably different from the carotid pulse. A full beat of the heart will pulsate the jugular 2 times, or can vary with a breath of air. Recommendation is to use cephalic or basilic vein in your arm.

sweetpoppygrrl
12-21-2009, 05:02 PM
erica---
great info, spot on---thank you...

and toes, for confirming the anecdotal...
nuttin like the hard way, eh?;)

OverDriven
12-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Call me a pussy (I know I am compared to some of you guys), but that is just way too hardcore for me. Is it really necessary to shoot into the jugular?

RifRaf
12-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Call me a pussy (I know I am compared to some of you guys), but that is just way too hardcore for me. Is it really necessary to shoot into the jugular?

I've only had to do it twice and it was because I was digging around in my arms (had an abcess on my favorite arm spot), hands (I can never hit these) and ankles (collasped) for 30 minutes, nose running, sweating sick as fuck and still didn't get a register. I've never hit the Jugular myself, I'm to scared to try it, my friend who has been hitting his for a few months hit it for me both times perfectly. I don't think it is absolutely necessary at all, there are plenty of veins spread around the human body. The only reason I did it was because I was sick as fuck, couldn't get a vein myself and my friend who can hit the jugular was present at the time. Never tried to hit my femoral and don't think I will. Never say never, though.

More Feen
12-21-2009, 10:39 PM

I'm in the same "weenie" boat as you Over-D,

If it was a matter of life, or death, then I could probably spike my jugular, but otherwise... prefer not to.

I've seen a few movies where a IV drug user would spike their jugs--most noticeably that one with Ben Stiller; Perm. Midnite.

I always thought such directors showed this type of IV use in an attempt to scare people away from drug use by showing a "worse case", etc.... But judging by the responses so far, poking the jugular isn't all that rare.

In Trainspottting they implied an IV injection using penis veins (all other veins had been used-up, appearantly).

I'd poke a penie vein before poking my neck. Really wouldn't want to spike either.

M F

dieselbaby
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I actually just had to have the assistant at the lab use the lowest point of my jugular vein (near where it converges with your shoulder/collarbones area), at the lowest point of the vein. They used a 23 or a 25 gauge I believe, luer lock needle, must've been nearly an INCH long (yikes!!!) and hit me on the right side of my neck. Not sure if it was in the external or internal jugular, I've never gone in there before. It seemed super easy, and as both of my arms are entirely unsuited for any kind of blood draws (you need a relatively large gauge needle from what I'm aware, so that the red blood vessels don't burst through the tiny cannula of the needle thread, in anything over a 25-26 gauge (don't quote me on that gauge). It was painless and left no bruise or mark really. My arms are totally fucked (although they look great), but I have a ton of collapsed veins, and if I were so desired to do so, the only places I could hit would be in my hand veins (requiring a tiny tiny 31 gauge short tip syringe) or sometimes in my wrist areas and my lower arms if I get lucky. So much cellulitis from shooting coke, feels like some of my veins are "cords" and are definitely restricting blood flow and causing poor circulation to the area.

I have a *massive* spot along the top of my foot. Like, a vein about as thick and bulging as my pinky fingers' width, and I bet I could hit it with a 31 gauge 5/16" short tip or a 30 gauge half inch regular spike without it rolling. I'd be too scared though, and would probably have someone jug me or do it in the mirror before I did that. Definitely would hit my neck or switch to IM shots before I hit my femoral or my feet. Although I hear the femoral is quite easy and reliable, but I don't know anyone in person who I could learn from nor have I ever been able to find it on my own while looking around for fun.

Anyone ever hit in their foot? I'm concerned as to how much bacteria plays into all of that, as well as the reduced blood flow due to the distance from the heart and the potential complications.

BTW, here's a good video to show the jug being used (fast forward to 6 minutes and 9 seconds into it, I tried to get it to start at that point but can't quite get it to work and I need to go)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYiuRyLnZOk#t=369s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kYiuRyLnZOk#t=369s -- here's a link if you are too lazy to fast forward.

40mgtoFreedom
12-30-2012, 09:42 PM
My arms and hands are totally fucked so I've been going in the foot for about a year now. Used to give my friends a laugh, hittin the foot then laying on the ground with my foot up in the air or goose stepping around the room to get the blood flow going... lay on back with leg up against a wall works the best for those big blasts to get propper flow. its important to get your circulation going after the shot especially if you're shooting something like morphine because that itch will be localized entirely to your lower leg/foot if you do not and it can get pretty intense/uncomfortable. Lately I've been shooting my takehomes into the foot and I think with anything over 1cc you should probably try and sit level with the injection site so the blood pressure from gravity doesnt make you push to hard on the plunger and put the needle through your vein. just my .02.

Raine
12-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Anyone ever hit in their foot? I'm concerned as to how much bacteria plays into all of that, as well as the reduced blood flow due to the distance from the heart and the potential complications.

I don't know if it'd be in exactly the same place but I have a vein that runs along the top of my foot that I've hit with a 29 and a 30 gauge. I've used it on both feet maybe 15 times and the one time I did miss some of the shot my foot got sore and incredibly itchy for a couple hours but no " Big Bad."

Try it in a well lighted room, like maybe the bathroom? Clean your foot/feet well with nearly hot water under the bath tap then Wrap in a towel to keep the warmth if necessary while you prep the shot. I find waiting a min with it wrapped lets the vein settle a bit after being popped from the heat. If I hit right away and it's a big shot the vein starts to recede as I'm shooting, that's why I recommend wrapping it to keep it warm.

dieselbaby
12-31-2012, 01:48 AM
Lately I've been shooting my takehomes into the foot and I think with anything over 1cc you should probably try and sit level with the injection site so the blood pressure from gravity doesnt make you push to hard on the plunger and put the needle through your vein. just my .02.

Please, I beg of you...not only in the interest of harm reduction, but for the purposes of informing you why this is such a terribly bad idea. The very definition of a disaster waiting to happen. Even the clear, unflavored, 10mg/mL liquid methadone used in some maintenance clinics (methadose brand by Mallinckrodt) is very dangerous to IV. And that cherry flavored syrup? Even worse! Considering the obscenely high oral bioavailability that methadone has, and the fact that you're getting it through a clinic meant to help you stop this sort of behavior (assuming that you're in maintenance by your use of the 'takehomes' terminology) it's the pointlessness equivalency of slamming benzos. Except even more dangerous.

Doesn't matter if you have a micron filter, you are playing with fire. Injecting what I can only assume must be at least 5 mL worth of liquid into one of your foot veins will lead to complications before you know it. The feet are rife with bacteria, injections suffer from poor circulation as you have stated as well, and the amount of liquid you are injecting puts you at risk of blowing out your vein due to the massive amount of liquid.

I know from personal experience how hard it is to get away from the needle, but with methadone, you are truly asking for trouble. There are many, many other threads on here about how dumb it is, and if you need any links or specific information to potentially help you change your mind and just drink the stuff, I'd be glad to post them.

Not even the pills are ok to slam. Like all pills...dilaudid may be relatively safe to shoot, but imagine how much filler is in a 10mg methadone pill. compared to active ingredient. Good luck doing a good extraction and getting it into anything less than several milliliters of water, as anything in a solution over 10mg/mL is caustic to the veins.

PS: Anyone who is under the impression that the veins in your neck go directly to your brain are incorrect. Like all veins (and hence why you *always* inject anything intravenously TOWARDS the direction of the heart), the blood carried within must travel first through the body back to the heart, after which it is then distributed throughout the body as it crosses the blood-brain barrier. This is why heroin has the "rush" so beloved by injection dope users worldwide, the additional acetyl group (making heroin [diacetylmorphine] the slightest bit different, in chemical structure, than regular ole' morphine) is therefore more lipophilic than plain ole' murphy, and as such it crosses the blood-brain barrier much faster and takes effect in the brain producing the sought-after 'rush' (which is what the actual majority of the heroin 'high' is, really...same goes for diacetylmorphine/6-MAM and 3-MAM (6-monoacetylmorphine and 3-monoacetylmorphine), the principal components of black tar heroin other than regular morphine. Once the half lives of these particular alkaloids fade out of effect, the high a heroin (injection) user experiences for the next few hours is indistinguishable from a morphine high. Those who sniff dope don't really get to experience the rush for this reason.

borohydride
12-31-2012, 02:01 AM
My arms and hands are totally fucked so I've been going in the foot for about a year now. Used to give my friends a laugh, hittin the foot then laying on the ground with my foot up in the air or goose stepping around the room to get the blood flow going... lay on back with leg up against a wall works the best for those big blasts to get propper flow. its important to get your circulation going after the shot especially if you're shooting something like morphine because that itch will be localized entirely to your lower leg/foot if you do not and it can get pretty intense/uncomfortable. Lately I've been shooting my takehomes into the foot and I think with anything over 1cc you should probably try and sit level with the injection site so the blood pressure from gravity doesnt make you push to hard on the plunger and put the needle through your vein. just my .02.

You can quite easily extract methadone powder from the juice - Michael is the man to ask; he has hie 'ghetto' system working perfectly.

In my town, smoking the powder is the preferred method even amongst IV users because it gets you higher, faster. It's also a good HR move. Bioavailability is measured by plasma-level but in the case of methadone, it's the brain-level that's important and smoking gets more into the brain (rather than other fatty tissue round the body it also dissolves in).

My only warning is that if you start smoking it for a while, the swallowed dose will no longer hold you...

40mgtoFreedom
12-31-2012, 02:05 AM
i just like the cherry taste what can i say. its nice you care and everything.

I throw it in the freezer and decant to remove the syrupy shit and then reduce it with low heat so the shots arent too big in size. usually end up using 3ml syringe with a terumo tip.

Chipper
12-31-2012, 03:11 AM
this confirmed long term methadone shooter says "NO" to foot shots.

BIG, BAD IDEA. Too VOLUMINOUS, vein-damaging and you need them to walk on.

infection risk multiplies the dangers in this excessively foolish hit.

please forget it, man !

borohydride
12-31-2012, 03:42 AM
1-Place juice in a freezer - get it really cold & decant. The thickening agent will remain as a small mass of green jelly on the bottom/sides of vessel.

2-add pearls of lye (caustic soda/NaOH) one by one. All of a sudden the whole solution goes cloudy. Shake & as long as it stays cloudy - your done (only needs 4-5 per 100mg).

3-Heat in microwave in really short bursts - almost to boiling point.

4-let it cool SLOWLY. This makes bigger (easier to filter) crystals of freebase methadone.

5-Filter out solids using Michael's 'Ghetto Buchner funnel' (below)

6-Wash with a little cold water & allow to dry

Ghetto Buchner funnelhttp://forum.opiophile.org/customavatars/avatar6428_4.gif
by Michael

You can do what I do, to make a ghetto buchner funnel. Get a pill bottle and unscrew the lid, poke tons of little holes all over it til it's like a sieve. Then cut out a piece of filter paper and double it across the inside of the cap. Then put your solution with the methadone precipitated out, into a rig and using that rig plug it into the bottom of the pill bottle, pushing the solution through the filter like a buchner. I've tried to draw a diagram for you.

You get how it works? Basically the crystals stay in the filter paper, when you're done (you should give it two or three pushes through to make sure you catch everything. Then you fold your filter paper and wrap it in paper towels and press down HARD on it to soak up the solution. I'd recommend using the same mechanism to rinse it with fresh neutral ph water too.

http://i45.tinypic.com/30lcq9x.jpg

40mgtoFreedom
12-31-2012, 07:49 AM
ugh its either the foot or the jug.... the arm and hand veins come back everynow and then for a couple months.... i shouldnt have said anything at all nothing like having a bunch of junkies look down on you for your injection practices. anyway i just got done with my morning shot... perfect register in one of many giant foot veins... perfect plunge... flawless victory!!! it may make you cringe but its all i got. After this post I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut about foot shots even if someone asks "hey anyone shoot in the foot?" like above. You asked... I answered and then everyone took a piss on me... thanks guys I'll keep my mouth shut next time it's raining loaded questions.

Count Zero
12-31-2012, 11:56 AM
1-Place juice in a freezer - get it really cold & decant. The thickening agent will remain as a small mass of green jelly on the bottom/sides of vessel.

2-add pearls of lye (caustic soda/NaOH) one by one. All of a sudden the whole solution goes cloudy. Shake & as long as it stays cloudy - your done (only needs 4-5 per 100mg).

3-Heat in microwave in really short bursts - almost to boiling point.

4-let it cool SLOWLY. This makes bigger (easier to filter) crystals of freebase methadone.

5-Filter out solids using Michael's 'Ghetto Buchner funnel' (below)

6-Wash with a little cold water & allow to dry

Ghetto Buchner funnelhttp://forum.opiophile.org/customavatars/avatar6428_4.gif
by Michael

You can do what I do, to make a ghetto buchner funnel. Get a pill bottle and unscrew the lid, poke tons of little holes all over it til it's like a sieve. Then cut out a piece of filter paper and double it across the inside of the cap. Then put your solution with the methadone precipitated out, into a rig and using that rig plug it into the bottom of the pill bottle, pushing the solution through the filter like a buchner. I've tried to draw a diagram for you.

You get how it works? Basically the crystals stay in the filter paper, when you're done (you should give it two or three pushes through to make sure you catch everything. Then you fold your filter paper and wrap it in paper towels and press down HARD on it to soak up the solution. I'd recommend using the same mechanism to rinse it with fresh neutral ph water too.

http://i45.tinypic.com/30lcq9x.jpg

Another reason it can be said yet again that NZ has the most resourceful junkies in the world, they gave the world AA/morphine and never looked back.

candy
12-31-2012, 05:16 PM
I actually just had to have the assistant at the lab use the lowest point of my jugular vein (near where it converges with your shoulder/collarbones area), at the lowest point of the vein. They used a 23 or a 25 gauge I believe, luer lock needle, must've been nearly an INCH long (yikes!!!) and hit me on the right side of my neck. Not sure if it was in the external or internal jugular, I've never gone in there before. It seemed super easy, and as both of my arms are entirely unsuited for any kind of blood draws (you need a relatively large gauge needle from what I'm aware, so that the red blood vessels don't burst through the tiny cannula of the needle thread, in anything over a 25-26 gauge (don't quote me on that gauge). It was painless and left no bruise or mark really. My arms are totally fucked (although they look great), but I have a ton of collapsed veins, and if I were so desired to do so, the only places I could hit would be in my hand veins (requiring a tiny tiny 31 gauge short tip syringe) or sometimes in my wrist areas and my lower arms if I get lucky. So much cellulitis from shooting coke, feels like some of my veins are "cords" and are definitely restricting blood flow and causing poor circulation to the area.

I have a *massive* spot along the top of my foot. Like, a vein about as thick and bulging as my pinky fingers' width, and I bet I could hit it with a 31 gauge 5/16" short tip or a 30 gauge half inch regular spike without it rolling. I'd be too scared though, and would probably have someone jug me or do it in the mirror before I did that. Definitely would hit my neck or switch to IM shots before I hit my femoral or my feet. Although I hear the femoral is quite easy and reliable, but I don't know anyone in person who I could learn from nor have I ever been able to find it on my own while looking around for fun.

BTW, here's a good video to show the jug being used (fast forward to 6 minutes and 9 seconds into it, I tried to get it to start at that point but can't quite get it to work and I need to go)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYiuRyLnZOk#t=369s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kYiuRyLnZOk#t=369s -- here's a link if you are too lazy to fast forward.

I am very surprised that a lab tech/assistant was able to legally draw from your jugular vein. This is almost always done by a doctor or a nurse with extended training. I have terrible veins and every lab I have gone to has told me the same thing, they cannot draw blood from any area other than the hands and arms. They can draw from the feet with a doctor's order.

I would be very concerned by getting my blood drawn from my jugular vein in a lab setting. The jugular vein and artery are very close, not to mention the other structures in your neck that could be punctured. Even with a doctor's order, I don't believe that lab techs can even draw from the jugular vein, the femoral vein. They may be able to draw from an IV, but this is not always done due to the fact that it must be done slowly to prevent hemolysis. You also need to sometimes turn off what is running in the IV and may have to toss the first draw, usually 5ml to prevent screwing up lab results.

The only times I have ever had a jugular draw for blood was done by a doctor and then by an anesthesiologist. I don't believe in CA, lab techs can do jugular draws like that. I certainly would prefer to have it done by a doctor or nurse. Most lab techs are trained to draw from the hands, arms, and an IV, but this can cause a blown IV site, and many other problems if the site they draw from is not cleaned correctly.

And all central line draws are always done by a nurse of doctor.

Good that they got your blood drawn, but I would not let someone just go for this spot without some tender loving care and the area cleaned thoroughly.

For most seasoned junkies, lab draws are hell. It is why we talk about using a new needle for every draw and rotating sites.

And yes, your feet and legs should be avoided due to the decrease in circulation in your lower extremities. They do come in handy when you have nothing else, but avoid those areas if you can and using your feet, a very clean technique should be used.

Injecting those takehomes is such a waste, especially in the lower extremities. Getting your blood pressure up is good practice for other sites, but injecting something like your takehomes is a bad idea, as is with anything else you inject into the foot. Do you really get a rush injecting your takehome? I have never done it and wouldn't do it, but I cannot imagine the same rush you would get injecting other opiates. Maybe it is just the fixation over the needle. If it were me, I would save the feet for emergency only.

longduckdong
12-31-2012, 05:22 PM
I have hit, and shot into an artery in my neck once. I injected 2-3 ius. Thats a drop folks. And that was enough to make me think I was going to DIE!!!.... Immediately I felt the most intense pain Ive ever felt in that spot of injection. Then my whole world went black, and the room began turning violently. But not that drunk diziness. It was a vertical spin. It was scary as fuck.... I stumbled over to the tub, truned on cold ass water, and stuck my head under it. All while praying: "Please dont die, please dont die". (And I dont even believe in god)....... After about 2-4 mins I could see OK again. And after about 10mins its stopped spinning for the most part. The injection site was about the size of a ping pong ball for a few hrs........ Since then, I have shot into my neck ONCE. And lemmie tell you, I loved the JUGZ shot. MMMmmmmm, the hard core taste Id always get from good shit. Prior to this I had done it 100's of times.... But Ill never do it again.

My 2c worth of Advice: If you're dying to hit and you just cant. If you're REALLY careful and steady, you can hit the surface veins on the back of ur arm with not much issue.

borohydride
12-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Another reason it can be said yet again that NZ has the most resourceful junkies in the world, they gave the world AA/morphine and never looked back.

Yes, I've thought this for a long time. I'm hoping to work out something for pholcodeine which they can still get... If I can get a rough route ready, I bet those Kiwi's will be knocking out smack from cough-medicine in NO time...

Chipper
12-31-2012, 05:56 PM
ugh its either the foot or the jug.... the arm and hand veins come back everynow and then for a couple months.... i shouldnt have said anything at all nothing like having a bunch of junkies look down on you for your injection practices. anyway i just got done with my morning shot... perfect register in one of many giant foot veins... perfect plunge... flawless victory!!! it may make you cringe but its all i got. After this post I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut about foot shots even if someone asks "hey anyone shoot in the foot?" like above. You asked... I answered and then everyone took a piss on me... thanks guys I'll keep my mouth shut next time it's raining loaded questions.

No need to feel bitter because in your case, you have huge veins there and know what you are doing. But i know that you wouldn't seriously recommend that anyone try it, considering for most, it's not an option let alone a requirement for such a boring drug as Methadone.

Just go as slowly as possible.

I appreciate your honesty and do not believe that many would go there.

It's simply too much bother for even me.

Duckfeet
01-01-2013, 03:38 AM
I first saw neck shots, it was a girl, and it was to hide her trackmarks from her probation officer. Later I saw more people that did it, simply because their 'normal' veins were shot. I've never done it, tho my veins are, predictably, shot too. I looked at it a a couple times in desperation, but just didn't feel up to it. I can hit in either arm, so I just take my chances. But methadone, like subutex pills, never did anything IV for me anyway, and tar has too many bad things that can happen, all too close to the brain center for me...but I suppose I've tried about everything else, so I get that a hype will try it...

neoren
08-25-2013, 11:09 PM
For many years I shot methadone daily. I get a large script of the 10mg mallinckrodt methadone and they are very easy to extract by just adding water and then pushing through a .22u filter. This doesnt work with the Roxane brand pills because it has particles of silicon smaller than .2u and therefore can't be removed and they make it even more caustic. You have to dilute the solution because concentrations over 10mg/ml get more caustic with every mg. I've been very hardheaded and my addiction has made me shoot it at dosages higher than 20m/ml -350mg in 15ml. Unfortunatey, I've always been aware of the dangers but I'm experienced with Afghan brown and black tar, and im not able to inject dosages higher than 200mg without having a severe allergic reaction because of heroin only being semi-synthetic and an analogue of morphine which causes me severe hives at more than 60mg. But Methadone, IMHO, has the best high I've experienced and I an shoot massive dosages and I've shot most opiods including hydromorphone at high dosages and Oxycodone at 320mg causes me myoclonus from opiod toxicity, I like the high but I'm a boundary pusher.. It has the longest legs of any opiod Ive experienced, and its unbelievably addicting to me because I would only need to shoot once a day at a massive dosage and the high would last until I went to bed. But I would recommend you not shoot large dosages into the legs- these being the reasons - 1. the veins in the legs are particularly susceptible to scarring and collapsing, not having the integrity of the veins in the hands and arms. 2 When you inject a large amount of caustic fluid in the veins of the legs, you're basically ruining them in one or two shots; the reason being, the circulation in the legs is usually slow or very slow and when you put anything over 3ml in the vein, it causes the entire vein to become filled with the drug all the way up the length of the vein, the higher the volume the higher he the pressure the more irritating to the inner wall of the vein. This causes the entire length of the vein to become irritated, severely. Personally I use a 25g BD butterfly needle and a 20ml syringe. I was hitting my left jugular and I happened to miss it once, causing scarring under the skin. I promised myself I would never let myself make that mistake, but as you know, accidents happen. It's a bad idea and I wouldn't hit the jugular. I'm actually afraid I might have scarred my left jugular enough to completely block it.. I always assumed that the blood running though the jugular was at such a high volume, my little stream from a 25g needle wouldn't do much because it would be taken away quickly. I dont know, could be wishful thinking. I know that I tried to inject in that area one last time and I wasn't able to hit the vein after severely attempts. I decided to stop and leave it alone.. I know I couldn't hit it once before and it was still flowing fine. But recently I started having constant pain on my left side of my neck.. My mind tells me ive blocked my left jugular through scarring, and I even keep getting headaches, all day, on my left side of my head.. So forget the jugular with methadone and forget the legs. The only way you can shoot methadone is by diluting it less than 10mg/ml, using mallinckrodt pills and pushing the solution through a .22 micron wheel filter/syringe filter is a must. Don't shoot large amounts, try to only shoot in the arms or chest/abdomen and take precautions. You can keep your veins but you have to make sure you don't do over 10mg/ml. If you ever think you might be in an artery- and you should know because it will *hurt* when you puncture it - just barely *tap* the plunger to let a tiny amount of the drug enter and if you feel intense pain instantly, its definitely an artery, and you stop and remove the needle putting pressure for a minute.

candy
08-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Neoren,
I don't think I have seen you around here much at all or I have missed your posts, but I am a bit concerned by what you posted here.
Just a bit of friendly advice, people may skip over your post altogether when they see a post with no paragraph breaks.
It can just be hard to read.
Secondly, not everyone is so nice when they see an old thread brought back from the dead.

Also, I wanted to point out that as one of the healthcare professionals here, you don't want to shoot anything in the legs. Regardless of how much you inject or what you inject, we do try and really push harm reduction here and it is best not to use the lower extremities at all. Decreased circulation, formation of clots, collapsed veins, phlebitis, and abscesses are all real possibilities when using the lower extremities.

Many members here are new to injecting and there are also those who read the site that are non-members. The message we want to send is one of good harm reduction and recommending that anyone here inject into the lower extremities is just frowned upon. There might be others who disagree and what one does is not up to me, but I do care and will try and provide the best possible advice.

In the interest of harm reduction using the lower extremities, especially for the injection of pills, is not a practice we want anyone engaging in.

A micron filter is not necessarily going to offer you 100% protection and whether you are injecting 1 ml or 3, it is best to avoid the legs and feet. And I must say giving advice on injecting Methadone is really not a good idea. I realize you are trying to provide information you feel is best, but injecting into the chest and abdomen is not the best advice either.

And your information on arterial injections was also a bit off. When you inject into an artery, you will immediately notice intense pain, bright red, frothy blood in the syringe that will fill quite quickly, and you should never inject into an artery at all. If you think you are in an artery, pull out immediately and apply pressure. (see below)

Also, after an arterial miss you want to apply pressure to the site for 15 minutes or more, not a minute. That is just bad advice. It can take several minutes until the bleeding at an arterial site to stop. 60 seconds is not enough and you want to apply firm consistent pressure for that 15 minutes.

I was an IV drug user at one time and I know how it can be when you have no peripheral veins left in your arms, but let's stick to advice here that is best for those using the site, especially when injecting pills. I realize you gave info on the use of micron filters, but a lot of your information is misleading and not correct.

And using the jugular vein is a bad idea for anyone. There is too much room for error and hitting the carotid artery is a very good possibility, not to mention the vagus nerve. Actually, it could be damage to the vagus nerve causing your headaches.

I am curious as to why you use a 20ml syringe? And the only way you should inject methadone is if it is given by SubQ, IM, or IV injection. I realize that this is not reality, but just humor me and let's agree that this is just the way it should be done.

I am not trying to be a jerk, just trying to make sure that the correct information is given here. Thanks ~ Candy