PDA

View Full Version : IV THC?

SirDonkeyPunch
07-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Ok so i was thinking since thc isnt water soluble, and that it IS alcohol soluable. To get some thc-hol and slam it for an INSTANT stone. what are your thoughts about this.

bodangly
07-01-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure exactly why, but I recall hearing this is quite a dangerous thing to do. Sorry I know that doesn't offer much.

ShaneFlipside
07-01-2006, 06:51 PM
I know people who have shot a diluted ethyl alcohol/hash oil liquid - but I guess the affects werem't exciting enough to catch on?

zombiewoof23
07-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Ok so i was thinking since thc isnt water soluble, and that it IS alcohol soluable. To get some thc-hol and slam it for an INSTANT stone. what are your thoughts about this.

Doesn't smoking good ol ganja hit quick enough? If you are getting the so called creeper, find higher quality smoke. I couldn't imagine the buzz, if any, being all that enjoyable using this method.

northernstar
07-04-2006, 01:14 AM
I'm not sure exactly why, but I recall hearing this is quite a dangerous thing to do. Sorry I know that doesn't offer much.

i dont recall where, but the alchole-hash oil injection was tried by someone....and they discovered the only way to kill yourself with pot. Maybe pure thc crystals would be different..i belive it has something to do with its oily nature affecting blood oxygenateing....but i could be wrong.

SirDonkeyPunch
07-04-2006, 07:47 PM
interesting i must say. i was just thinking about it one day. i doubt kif grinders would offer any such solution to the oil + blood dilemma. i dont know of any effecient way to get the pure crystals so i think this is pretty much shot out of the water.

Paregoric Kid
07-04-2006, 10:00 PM
LOL this reminds me of the SNL skit where Chevy Chase is rolling a joint and then he ties off with a belt and tries to shoot up with the joint [pokes his arm with the joint and can't get it to "work"].
I've never read one thing that said it was a good idea to IV THC. first it would be very difficult and a dumb idea to try and shoot a plant extract. second, even if you had pure THC it's a dumb idea.
smoking and vaporizing sends THC to the brain faster than an IV. this is true with heroin too. this is because the air thats absorbed into the blood from your lungs is sent to the brain first.
THC is soluble in alcohol, but not in a mix where water makes up a large amount of the solution. any solution that has a high alcohol content is going to be EXTREMELY damaging to inject into any tissue. there is a way to prep THC for injection that involves emulsifying it.
there is a synthetic nitrogen THC analogue that can be injected called NIB. the carbon at the top of the ring containing the double bond is replaced by a nitrogen and this allows for it to be a salt which is soluble in water.

bodangly
07-05-2006, 04:00 AM
Regardless, as we all know synthetic THC sucks, because theres a lot more to the green herb than just THC.

northernstar
07-05-2006, 04:39 AM
LOL this reminds me of the SNL skit where Chevy Chase is rolling a joint and then he ties off with a belt and tries to shoot up with the joint [pokes his arm with the joint and can't get it to "work"].
I've never read one thing that said it was a good idea to IV THC. first it would be very difficult and a dumb idea to try and shoot a plant extract. second, even if you had pure THC it's a dumb idea.
smoking and vaporizing sends THC to the brain faster than an IV. this is true with heroin too. this is because the air thats absorbed into the blood from your lungs is sent to the brain first.
THC is soluble in alcohol, but not in a mix where water makes up a large amount of the solution. any solution that has a high alcohol content is going to be EXTREMELY damaging to inject into any tissue. there is a way to prep THC for injection that involves emulsifying it.
there is a synthetic nitrogen THC analogue that can be injected called NIB. the carbon at the top of the ring containing the double bond is replaced by a nitrogen and this allows for it to be a salt which is soluble in water.

it has always pissed me off that thc stays in urine so long. i have always heard that this was do to its fat-solubility. ive been wondering if thc could be converted so one could pee clean in a few days, lke with other drugs. sounds like this NIB may be the answer.........

SirDonkeyPunch
07-05-2006, 01:04 PM
the fact that its a salt may not ween the fact that thc likes to resides in fat cells, even salts can be fat soluble, just look at butter. in any case i understand the fact that this is not a good idea, however speaking of vein damage due to alcohol solutions, a buddy of mine once desided to get drunk one night just from shooting up whiskey. it took a bunch of shots but he got nice and drunk. mind you his nick name is "Swiss Cheeze Vein"

silly people.