PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Roxicodone - Can I water it down?

wheatpenny
12-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I take 10 ml roxicodone liquid at bedtime (5mg/5ml). Should there be any issues watering the liquid down to increase the volume of each dose (but obviously not the potency)? I guess I'm diluting it....

I'd like to use fruit punch as thats basically the flavor it has now, but I'd also consider juice or plain water.

The goal is to slow the absorption and increase the duration of the medications action, right now it hits in 10-15 minutes and lasts all of 2 hours, max. I've tried taking it on a full stomach versus empty and haven't noticed a difference.

I am also speaking to my doc regarding trying the pill form of this med, but i have serious nausea and vomiting issues lately, and the liquid has been the first option in months that hasn't had my worshipping the porcelain god for hours.

Thanks!

Ickyuck
12-09-2009, 12:40 PM
I'd go with plain water as sugar/fruit juice can go somewhat bad after some time.

RxQueen
12-09-2009, 11:18 PM
i can't see any way that it would hurt to dilute the liquid if you want. but i also can't see any way that doing so will slow its absorption rate or increase the duration of its action, since you've already found no difference in either when taking it on a full stomach.

Thanat0s
12-10-2009, 06:32 AM
omg?!
why????????????????????????????
:rolleyes:

nick
12-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Sure you could dilute it with water,fruit punch etc,but it's pointless.

flowergirl
12-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Sure, you can dilute it, but dilution isn't going to increase duration, slow absorption, or do anything other than give you the same dose in more liquid volume. You're not going to make an IR drug become ER by dilution. Why not try taking half, and then the last half some period of time later?

Stonnewolf
12-10-2009, 07:52 AM
sounds like your trying to get rid of it, and wanna get a few extra dollars :rolleyes::p

wheatpenny
12-10-2009, 11:19 AM
This is definitely NOT for sharing/selling etc.
Good to know that chemically watering it down won't hurt it, but neither will it help either. :(

durka_durka
12-10-2009, 09:07 PM
if your trying to stretch it out as long as possible look into potentiators or do what others said and take 5ml then wait the 2 hrs it lasts and take another 5ml...if it was me i wouldnt delute it unless you cannot stand the taste of the 5ml dose....you might beable to evaporate small dishes containing 5 or 10 ml of the syrup and then put it into gel caps would take longer to hit.....only thing i could think of or get 2 diff sizes of gel caps put 2.5ml in one 2.5ml in the other and would be sorta like a time release maybe...i dunno im opiated and thinking outloud

OpiateQueen
12-11-2009, 12:31 AM
omg?!
why????????????????????????????
:rolleyes:
would alot of people just shoot this stuff or what??

GOLD N DIEMONDS
12-11-2009, 01:21 AM

No No NO
It's just there is no a real purpose as to watering it down.
Even left as is -
It still it is not suitable for IV use
unless one has serious needle fetish
then they are better of drinking there meds as directed
and shooting clean sterile H2O

;)

Thebane
12-11-2009, 01:58 AM

I may be way of here, I've never seen liquid OC, but assuming it's the same consistency as liquid hydrocodone and all the other syrups I've had in the U.S. then it is the consistency of syrup for pancakes or a bit thicker. Not something you'd want to put in your veins....

I assume most mdone is not that consistency, though I could be wrong. The most common thing I've heard is just juice and mdone in clinic settings, which I imagine would be far preferable to thick syrup, though by no means good to shoot.

Dr.G
12-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Hydrocodone is not available in the USA without another analgesic (NSAIDs, APAP, Aspirin). So liquid hydrocodone is "most commonly" (exceptions, obviously) Hydrocodone / Acetaminophen. There are liquid Percocet (oxy/apap) and also, just an oxycodone hcl.

To reiterate what many have said here already, there is no way diluting will alter the rate of absorption inside of your stomach.

Ludakris
12-16-2009, 09:04 AM
The problem with it not lasting very long is the fact that its formulated as an "instant release" medicine, not that it's concentrated. It only lasts a couple hours because it's oxy IR. If you need something longer acting, can you just ask your dr about getting on a sustained release med? For what purpose do you take the oxy? And just for my own curiosity, why liquid as opposed to pills?

U4IC1
12-16-2009, 08:38 PM
What would be the reason one would be prescribed liquid oxy as opposed to pill form. I am very interested in the liquid and am wondering if my doc would think I was in left field if I requested it during my next visit. What would be good reasoning for asking?

duck
12-16-2009, 08:45 PM
I know a LOT of people who shoot that stuff. Its not very strong, but they say a 20 feels like a 40, so they just do two needles at a time.

I've never shot it, but the liquid seems harmless enough, very watery and does not seem to have many additives whatsoever.