PDA

View Full Version : track marks

mtren
11-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Does anyone have any tips to help SWIM get rid of/prevent track marks on his arms? he uses neosporan daily to try and help them clear up quicker, but it doesnt help much. He also uses alcohol wipes before injection but swim not sure if that even makes a difference. any advice would be appreciated. thanks! Also what type of syringe does everyone use? like gauge size? im assuming the smaller it is the smaller the mark itll leave. Swim usually uses 31 gauge

Ickyuck
11-20-2009, 08:07 PM
There are many useful threads out here with great info. I recommend... ROTATING! Switch your IV areas!
And be careful with neosporin, don't over-do it!! Like, don't put a big glob on there, please don't. It will just clog up the hole you made in your arm. I"ll post more info in a bit..

PS: moved thread

Post Edit: Try this search! (http://forum.opiophile.org/search.php?searchid=2045718)

blackman
11-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Try rubbing Vitamin E on your marks a few times daily. It is known to help.
You could also try that cream that women use to get rid of C-section scars, dunno what it's called.

A 31 gauge is good. probably the smallest gauge you wanna use. anything smaller and it becomes a pain to suck shit up in the barrell (clogging and such).

xannyman
11-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I appologize for forgetting the brand name but there is a really good scar cream that helps dramatically to reduce the redness of any scars expecially track marks. I have used it and it works. Otherwise I would just use cover-up make-up. Best advice I have.

Ickyuck
11-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah I was trying to think of the stuff... I think its bio-derm?

GOLD N DIEMONDS
11-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Mederma Cream
Medaderm scar cream

something like that walgreen has generic version, a little goes long,long ways.

Planted a 3/4 wood chisel into the PALM (no not face/palm)
of my hand, had micro-sugery to reattach nerve serve to thumb, left behind a good 2.5inch scar, lots of tissue build up.
USE this shit for couple month, can't hardly see scar.
THUMB IS weirdly nerve sensation :(

ROTATION IS BEST!
OR
state the obvious using other ROAs
switching of week to week maybe?

Chipper
11-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, the Vit. E is supposed to help. I use Hirudoid cream to stop bruising.

Some suggestions on minimising future marks -- by being gentle, selecting a smaller guage, rotating injection sites and don't use alcohol swabs after the shot - just tisues and hold down on the wound for ages to ensure minimal blood loss and therefore limited "tattoo" effect.

The_Highwayman
11-20-2009, 09:42 PM
I have used everything...cold spoons, vitamin E and rotating spots are your best bet. Make up and long shirts for the short term. Tattoos for the long term

lotus
11-20-2009, 09:44 PM
everything ^^^they've^^^^said - just to chime a little......

as lazy as you may feel, and as easy as it is to keep hitting that fat & pretty one - ROTATE. if you don't know how to, there's stuff here, it's everywhere on the net, and if you have a needle exchange worth a shit they'll sit down and show you how to work thru it.

i'd get lazy, say *Fuk It*, and stab the same area repeatedly months on end.......now, 6? 7? years later i look at those areas and want to slap myself.

do your best to use the newest needles possible. even tho they still feel sharp as shit the second, third and fourth use they're not. Use Once And Destroy = best policy to help prevent scars.

keeping things sterile and clean keeps bacteria at bay - less shit to fester in your wounds = better outcome.

i used polysporin to no end on the places i shot. didn't over do it with globs and globs after every shot but i'd try and do it once or twice a day. i do believe this help'd in the long run in preventing what would of been much worse scarring.....

and, again, ROTATE - not only will it slow down scars, it'll keep your veins, skin, and body healthy for longer. a scary thing people don't mention is what the flip side of your tracks look like. all sorts of clotted blood sticking to the backside trying to heal your ass up.....very bad things can happen when, upon injecting, some of those blood clots break off and float on thru to your heart and/or lungs. people do die from this.

do what you can as best you can. i know some people are fanatical about injecting but.....wheel filters, various cleaning agents, bubble room etc etc - for most of us this isn't reality. remember this - if you think it's not good, it probably isn't.....and gut feelings in the world of needles, much of the time those are the only things that stop us from killing ourselves,

take care of yourself~

SHELLEY
11-20-2009, 10:04 PM
the vitamin e oil helped my shit a LOT
also, don't miss

Fat Pie
11-20-2009, 10:15 PM
I hear that make-up or cosmetic applications can really help, but I've had no experience with covering up my scars/track marks, so I don't know.

The best advice is to avoid getting tracks in the first place through less using (not even chipping, but just cutting down a bit on the injections), good injection technique (read the .pdf on harm reduction on this site for more info), always using fresh, clean, sharp needles and never reusing old ones, switching veins each time so you aren't constantly penetrating the same area (I know this can be hard if your veins are difficult to locate or in bad condition, and it's tempting to use the place you know that works until it stops working, but your arms and your veins will thank you in the long run, and consequently reward you with many a red cloud of blood in your syringe in the future), not reusing a needle too many times after you miss hitting a vein, and always washing your hands before and afterwards with warm water and soap.

Consequently, my hands don't look like my forearms (i.e. the surface of the moon).

Good luck!

RxQueen
11-21-2009, 01:59 AM
like others have already said, ROTATE your injection spots, and vitamin E. just poke a hole in one of those gelly-type capsules and squirt some on (of course, after the spot has closed up!). another good product is arnica gel... you can find it where they have natural healing type stuff, or herbal remedies. some vitamin places sell it... i think it's primarily marketed for healing burns and reducing bruising, but i always found that it worked faster than anything else to heal up tracks.

God_Albino
11-21-2009, 02:11 AM
think the stuff's called ScarZone, it has a couple ingredients, but it works wonders. if youve ever shot a really great area so much it totally opened up like a big-ass gash, it'll even fix that. burns, cuts, whatever. you'll be going to family functions in short sleeves in like a month unless u went totally bananas w razor blades and cig burns or some shit.

no bs, i totally dont work for the company. the stuff speaks for itself, even if its a lil pricey. if keith richards used it his arms would look like a fuckin newborn baby's ass. thats how legit.

Larkin
11-21-2009, 02:20 AM
The biggest cause for my tracks is re-using rigs. dont do that, i reused so much it is sick, numbers worn off, need to lube it up just to slide, pop sound to get in the skin. The worst was digging around in a scab to find my vein, needless to say, i have quite the scar there. Thats actually my only real scar.

USE FRESH NEEDLES, and dont dig around, rotate. If your not sick, looking for new spots isnt a bad time.

Deadfiend
11-21-2009, 10:42 AM
What your going is good, but it reminds me or the movie rush, like The_Highwayman said Tattoos for the long term are the best,but back to the movie anyone remember when he had to go to court and he took a hot iron to his arms to cove them up cause they were so bad, man that looked painful as fuck.

Citricburn
11-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Witchhazel is good for scars, so I assume its ok for this..

Thanat0s
11-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Does anyone have any tips to help SWIM get rid of/prevent track marks on his arms? he uses neosporan daily to try and help them clear up quicker, but it doesnt help much. He also uses alcohol wipes before injection but swim not sure if that even makes a difference. any advice would be appreciated. thanks! Also what type of syringe does everyone use? like gauge size? im assuming the smaller it is the smaller the mark itll leave. Swim usually uses 31 gauge
sounds like yer doing all you can.

had an old junkie with nice viens tell me to always pull a bit of blood back into the rig before pulling out. dude was still hitting tar in the crook of his elbow, so hey, try it...

More Feen
11-21-2009, 11:23 AM
try finding a site that isn't typical, the crook of the elbow is so overly-used that it is cliche'.

not suggesting femorals though, that's too dangerous.

seek & u will find other (better) places. rotating these is good idea.

m f

The_Highwayman
11-21-2009, 12:53 PM
What your going is good, but it reminds me or the movie rush, like The_Highwayman said Tattoos for the long term are the best,but back to the movie anyone remember when he had to go to court and he took a hot iron to his arms to cove them up cause they were so bad, man that looked painful as fuck.
I remember that scene all too well. I know that was added to like show how horrible addiction is and such but there was better ways to cover them. He could have at least gave himself a shot beforehand to help with the pain anyways Iuself got a tattoo to cover some tracks but the weird thing is that the vein I used to use after it got tatted no longer came out after I got the tattoo and this early in my shooting career. Something about the tattooade the vein run and hide and this was early on I could have really used that vein in the following months

mtren
11-21-2009, 10:14 PM
cool thanks for the advice guys this is helpful ima start using vit e and changing the spots more often, and not reusing my rigs cuz i usually use them 2 or sometimes 3 times each

Thanat0s
11-21-2009, 10:33 PM
always new rigs, clean clean clean, rotate injection sites.

yer shooting up drugs, bad stuff is gonna happen. try for the best.

Fo20
11-22-2009, 03:19 AM
If you cook your pills make sure it has cooled down before injecting

Thanat0s
11-22-2009, 09:27 AM
try not to cook yer pills.

cold water.

hot makes the talc and cornstarch gel.

gets more nasties into solution.
most dope is soluble in very cold water.

c'mon man, harm reduction much?

oh,
pretty feet or GTFO.

Tainted
11-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I have a question about track marks. What do you guys consider actual track marks? I have a friend who has (what I assume) is collapsed veins, he has several veins, that I would truely consider track marks. The whole of the vein is black.

On my arm, I've been using basically the same vein, just moving up and down the vein, so it's all red from the injection points, but if I stop using in that vein, it cleans up for the most part and there's just a slight scar on my arm from poking so many holes. It's really not that bad, and I'm sure given a year or two the scar will fade away to the point it's barely visible. Would this be considered a track mark?

My arms are not very muscular and my veins don't bulge out AT ALL, so I couldn't even tell if any of them collapsed and turned into the typical black track marks.

bodytec
11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
i got very muscular arms with BIG fat poppin' veins
i use about a 2 in. stretch going downward from above to below the bend in my arm
it is sadly bloodstained permanently from the underside of the skin
i can use concealer powder to smooth it out
but haven't come across make-up that matches perfectly

lotus
11-22-2009, 11:48 PM
I have a question about track marks. What do you guys consider actual track marks? I have a friend who has (what I assume) is collapsed veins, he has several veins, that I would truely consider track marks. The whole of the vein is black.

On my arm, I've been using basically the same vein, just moving up and down the vein, so it's all red from the injection points, but if I stop using in that vein, it cleans up for the most part and there's just a slight scar on my arm from poking so many holes. It's really not that bad, and I'm sure given a year or two the scar will fade away to the point it's barely visible. Would this be considered a track mark?

My arms are not very muscular and my veins don't bulge out AT ALL, so I couldn't even tell if any of them collapsed and turned into the typical black track marks.

the only things i consider track marks are the angry red lines and/or gashes visible when a person is injecting daily.

bad tracks will leave scars after they heal...i don't consider them anything but track scars (i usually leave the *track* part out).

when your veins collapse you'll know it as they become useless......you'll know you're headed there when, upon trying to register, really dark blood slowly sorta slumps into the needle, and when you shoot you start running into like...*leaky vein* problems, little puffy ball things forming around your vien/under your skin, and most of all, there's fuck all for a rush.....10 min's later you start really feeling it. it's all down hill from there till you can't really register anymore.

that black look, all heavy vein use gets it.....after quitting, it can take a couple years to go away.

i hate the scars.......tho they have become a "healthy" reminder.

Ickyuck
11-26-2009, 01:54 PM
*moved thread to "Incidentals/Induction" In "The Monkey" forum :)