PDA

View Full Version : Trazadone to potentiate

Buckshot
10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Does anyone have experience using Trazadone to potentiate?

I have some as a sleep aid 50mg pills....think they work?

They are also an anti-depressent.

Tomorrow I go to detox and then to rehab for a month, I drank 2kilos of seed tes and im pretty high but i want to get higher...ill try the pills unless someone says its a really bad combo or something.

Ickyuck
10-26-2009, 06:18 PM
VAT? As a SLEEP AID?

GOLD N DIEMONDS
10-26-2009, 06:29 PM
BAD COMBO!!
i think off label for sleep- low dose
generally scripted for- er psychological issues.
stay where you at and go watch ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO's NEST*

one of the all time best flick*

marshalldylan1
10-26-2009, 06:30 PM
I was in a detox and they gave me that along with my suboxone for sleep. Definetly potentiated but in a "different" way. Made me really loopy but I actually got a nod going along with the sub. Doubt there are any dangers if the nurses there were ok with giving me both at the same time.

I stayed up on it, and every told me to go to sleep cause it has a window, and if you don't go to bed in that window you'll be up all night. Definetly wasn't the case for me.

JonnyM
10-26-2009, 06:49 PM
In my opinion I think trazadone is fucking NASTY....

makes me feel like shit! Ugh.

nick
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
No idea about trazadone,but I just wanted wish you much luck with detox and rehab.It works if you work it-as they say.

Brony
10-26-2009, 08:00 PM
I couldn't imagine using Trazodone to potentiate opiates. Any time I took Trazodone, it knocked my ass out cold. Once I took it and it kicked in, I knew I had about 5 minutes to get to bed, otherwise, I'd fall asleep wherever I was. And it wasn't like a euphoric, drift off to blissful sleep kinda thing, it was LIGHTS OUT!

Thebane
10-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah, trazadone will make you pass out, not nod or feel high if you're like most people.

Ickyuck
10-26-2009, 08:43 PM
VAT? As a SLEEP AID?

I am SUCH a FUCKING IDIOT sometimes!!

I misread "trazadone" as "tramadol". So that's why I was all like "wtf tramadol sleep aid".

OK. Back to the OP. I've been taking trazadone for 10 years. Never, ever noticed any potentiate-ing effects.

EleusisII
10-26-2009, 09:28 PM
See folks, the problem is that people use the word WRONG...

Potentiate: POH-TEN-SHEE-EIGHT: Make opiates work stronger, get more of an opiate effect from the same amount of drug: Every junkies impossible dream.

And then theres the definition we just saw, and often see on the site...

Fail-potentiate: Get fucked up by mixing opiates and other drugs, get a definite buzz beside the glorious opiate-high: Meet floorboard by way of opiates and other pharmaceuticals.

The latter one is usually kinda risky (Health-wise and losing a good high-wise), it might knock you out or make you feel really fucked up, but it sure as hell isn't potentiating.

Icky: I still love you.

Buckshot: Mixing hardcore psych-drugs and opiates is just stupid. Also: I'm not really sure you're ready for rehab... Know what I mean?

Shadowsblaze
10-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Icky he'll use you for his shady endeavors, he speaks with robust incoherence, transcendent vacuity and will lead you astray. Even his avatar says "come hither" coo chee coo chee coo. I say no more.

EleusisII
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
My avatar says "Come hither"?!?

That's odd... I could have sworn it said:

"Heya! I'm just really sweet and innocent and adorable! Come here baby, gimme a hug! Oh yeah, right there! Mmhhmm, yeah, I'll just put my paws right there, and sneak out some pills outta your pocket with my other hand..."

Time to change back to the Barney then?

Shadowsblaze
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
E have you posted about your working vacation?

The_Highwayman
10-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I HATE HATE HATE trazadone, but it's all I can afford for sleep medicationas that is whyI have ever been prescribed it, it doesn;t make me sleep tired more like walking through cement tired, knocks my ass out and makes me groggy the nexy day, with an added sore throat due to it clogs my nose..I would stick to the Tagament and Grapefruit juice

mikey5string
10-28-2009, 02:44 PM
if you want to get more from your DOC, get more of your DOC.

GOLD N DIEMONDS
10-28-2009, 02:57 PM
if you want to get more from your DOC, get more of your DOC.

:D LMAO.....:D
that is mad funny mikey5string... swear to baby jesues ;)

not having a coooooooooool siqnature
I seriously would consider this fer one
or course with reps to u

dharma bum
10-28-2009, 03:01 PM

makes me feel like shit! Ugh.

Yep, wake up hating life, the world and everything in it. One more thing WARNING:: Don't drink Grapefruit Juice with Trazadone---it can kill you. I say this just in case you use GFJ for seed tea potentiation.

HydroApe
10-28-2009, 03:11 PM
hmm. Definitely No on the potentiating potential.
I've been an insomnic all my life and have tried everything under the sun.
Trazadone did absolutely nothing for me, but it does work as a sleep aid for some.
Elavil is another anti-D that they use like Trazadone and that's even nastier IMO.
I really don't think there'd be any danger but why bother or risk it. It's not going to get you any higher.

Synack
10-29-2009, 08:41 AM
trazadone can break your penis... seriously, google it.

GOLD N DIEMONDS
10-29-2009, 09:01 AM
trazadone can break your penis... seriously, google it.

WHAT do I put in goggle box
HOW CAN I BREAK ME PENIS???

:rolleyes:

oxy kid
10-29-2009, 10:32 AM
They gave it to us in treatment as well, and all it did was make me super sleepy, then knock me right now. Thats when I was on Suboxone also though.

Synack
11-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Trazadone can result in priapism, which can result in permanent erectile dysfunction. But the odds are insanely slim...

Liptonbuddy
11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
A little late to the thread, but...

I got prescribed trazadone for my insomnia. What I've noticed, is that although it does knock me out (albeit in the most non euphoric way), it also makes my heart beat very irregularly, makes me extremely light headed if I get up and move around, and it clogs my nose so bad that not even squirting a pretty good amount of Oxymetazoline will unclog my nose. Then, it will only knock me out for 3-4 hours, and when I wake up, because of the clogged nose forcing me to mouth breath, my mouth feels like the planet Arrakis from the book/movie "Dune". The only thing missing is the giant sandworms.

I've been clean from opiates for a few months now, but I couldn't imagine it having potentiating potential. Even with lower doses, I'm thinking it would just knock you out, and you'd just sleep through your high.

On a side note, I never understood why so many opiate users LOVE the nod. Well, maybe a slight nod, but it seems most people just like to get knocked out from their opiate D.O.C.. I was always more of an active person when buzzed up. Couldn't imagine nodding/sleeping away all my highs. To each their own, I suppose.

Papa Verine
11-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Eleusis took the words right out of my mouth...

Mixing opiates with other drugs, like benzos or alcohol, is not POTENTIATION. It's just mixing shit...

And the last thing I'd want to mix with opiates is a drug like trazadone. Trazadone is complete garbage. I had a dumb-fuck doctor give it to me once for insomnia. It didn't help me sleep at all. It made me feel like complete shit! I flushed it down the toilet and went back to just "not sleeping".

b00ty_m4n
11-16-2009, 08:14 AM

makes me feel like shit! Ugh. Oh how true that is jonny the shit liked to have knocked me outslick when I took it bout one hour after my regular methadone dose and I felt like shit that day and the next one too!

teefizzle
12-18-2009, 03:36 PM
gonna have to agree with the "wake up hating life" thing.

I have no idea why they prescribe this tricyclic for sleep, it has worse side effects (for me) than taking 150mg+ of diphenhydramine to get to sleep.

it's just plain disgusting in my eyes, and personally I feel like it'd just take away from the enjoyment of my high.

ilovetheusers
11-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Doesn't work, just overwhelms everything else after you taker it.

That said, I find that small doses of trazodone are amazing for controlling anxiety (what it's for) and really helps me concentrate. When I have a ton of work to do I will take some and I can focus on what I want to do. I have something like ADD but kind of the opposite so take with a grain of salt.

Never combine with weed. You will feel horrible.

BigPig
11-24-2010, 09:13 AM
damn homie,this thread was dead for a year haha... and crazy enough i took some trazadone to get my ass to nod!!, i was pissed the fuck off because 5 blewz didnt do it cause we didnt have any bud (usually only takes 3ish, yes i have a low tolly atm...thank god) and i was feeling pretty good after that... werd. and man, i "combine" anything with weed!, even weed!

barbiegal
11-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah,gotta chime in and say I'm scripted 50mg at night and it just knocks me out. It was originally one of the first anti-depressants I think it was called Deseryl? But eventually it was found to be a better sleep aide so it was scripted for off label use as a sleeper. I think it would ruin any opiate glow by just knocking you out. I know it does me.

sweetdreams
11-24-2010, 11:24 AM
i used to take trazadone and it would give me a hangover affect the next day! i didnt like it at all! also right after you take it u have to lay right down in bed to sleep or else it didnt work either! i was taking that plus seraquil plus 280 mg of methadone!~ yeah i really dont like trazadone at all! it neevr realkly did anything for me!

Tony
11-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Just a quick note for those looking for a OTC drug that
works for SWIM to potentate opies. It has been discussed
on here before so it is not my discovery. But Swim has
had great luck with it with an oral ROA.

The drug is Meclizine. It is sold as an anti nausea drug
OTC for travel sickness. It is not the easiest to locate.
I have found the best price is the Rugby brand 100
50MG pills for, get this, $4.59.

The only other way i have seen it is as the main active in
children's travel sickness drug Bonnine.
It is much more expensive. Hold out for the Rugby!

4 tabs orally and SWIM says it works good!

Peace

KhaosKronik
11-25-2010, 03:05 AM
I dunno about all the people saying that is doesn't potentiate opiates, and I bet that's probably true in a clinical, precise way. However, the combined high of opiates and trazadone, if you can stay awake, can be kinda nice. It's more like you have a low grade tranquilizer-like buzz from the trazadone, and that is in addition to whatever else you're on at the moment. That's rather then the trazadone multiplying the effect of any opiate you were on at the time. At least that's been my experience.

Overall, I love t-done for sleeping, and I might take one of two of the 50 mg pills if I don't have a lot of my DOC, just to add a little kick to the high. It has been clearly stated already, but mixing depressant drugs is very dangerous, so only do it if you know how your body handles the substances in question, and go slow for fucks sake!

Good luck to you OP, and be careful. Make sure to read my motto from my signature.
Take care everyone!!!

BigPig
11-25-2010, 09:28 PM
werrrd khaos i love the sleep i get from it too, only problem i have is when my 9 mo old wakes up, daddy dont want to haha... shit WORKS haha. when swim was in county jail he traded someone his meals for traz because he was in st00pid w/ds and wanted to sleep... 2 days worth with some tylenol actually made me sleep, only problem is i kept wakin up every 45 mins and each time it get harder to go back to sleep.

&&&& hey tony montanna im gonna have to try it... what yall know about NyQuil, benadryl, promethizine (w/ or w/o codine :p), hydroxizine, claratin, zyrtec, zantac, or grape fruit juice (dude has any one had that ocean spray grapfuit/pom juice?? fireee!).