PDA

View Full Version : How much codeine would equal a dose of heroin?

absentvirtue
06-23-2006, 11:31 PM
This may be a dumb question, but how much codeine (in mg) would be equal to an average dose of heroin. I have never used heroin. But I know they are chemically similar so I assumed there could be a dose of codeine that would be similar to the effects of heroin. Thanks for enlightening me.

nikz
06-23-2006, 11:35 PM
apples and oranges
N

shaunclo
06-23-2006, 11:53 PM
apples and oranges
N

LOL!!!!

There is no amount, if there was than I would have an eternal supply of codeine at all times. I pretty much have to say what Nikz said, except it more like a coors light compared to a shot of patron (tequilla)

nikz
06-24-2006, 12:03 AM
ditto..can't compare
N

superman
06-24-2006, 12:49 AM
how about this;

i have never used heroin on a regular basis.
right now i have zero tolerance, i haven't touched opiates for nearly a month.
i could do 500mg of codiene and barely be high.
yet 60mg of heroin would knock my fuckin socks off so hard i'd prolly puke a few times.

Beaker
06-24-2006, 05:37 AM
In terms of painkilling ability they say 10mg heroin orally =~= 200mg codeine orally. In recreational terms I would say you can't take enough codeine to compare to heroin.

L0VE
06-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Well I've heard one oxy 80mg = 1 $10 bag of heroin

If you google it, theres a website on converting it to heroin.

warmgun
06-24-2006, 09:23 AM
how about this;

i have never used heroin on a regular basis.
right now i have zero tolerance, i haven't touched opiates for nearly a month.
i could do 500mg of codiene and barely be high.
yet 60mg of heroin would knock my fuckin socks off so hard i'd prolly puke a few times.

are you talking about iv-ed h?
when snorted it never does much for me.

Phluck
06-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Doses of heroin vary a lot too.

Also, most people shoot heroin, and you CANNOT shoot codeine, so you can't really achieve a similar effect.
Of course, all opiates have some similarities, so if you take enough codeine to feel it, then you're getting an opiate high, and it feels sort of like heroin does. A lot of people who have never tried heroin think it's this super drug that gets you so high it's like, insane. But like any drug, you take the dose you want. If you're taking so much that you're really, really fucked up and can barely function, then you're probably taking more than what's safe.

Different people like shooting different amounts of heroin, too. Some people prefer to shoot enough that they've got a heavy nod going, and others prefer to shoot some to get a bit of a rush and then go through their day without being too high. Tolerance is a huge factor as well.

So, try some codeine. Take enough that you feel good, and you've got a rough idea of what heroin feels like.

Tar_Baby
06-26-2006, 07:05 AM
Codiene blows ass. Look for an opiate conversion chart (google)
But you never know how good the heroin is ( street dope blah blah blah etc) So your questeon cant really be answered. But the comparison to alcohol was good one Codiene is like a wine cooler and Heroin is like a doubloe shot of gin
Careful man...Start off small ( you can always do another shot..but once you put it in you cant take it back out) better to do a bag in 3 hits than to die.

Paregoric Kid
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
yeah it's a silly question but let me explain. you could compare the analgesic value. this is because heroin is basically morphine. you can't compare the 2 in the respect that heroin has a rush because of it's 2 acetyl groups on morphine which allow it to enter the brain rapidly. I'm not sure but I believe that after the initial rush it is about the same as morphine, though some places say 2 to 10 times stronger than morphine, I think this is only for initial effects though and maybe because the morphine stays in the brain longer.
codeine's metabolite is afterall morphine. so say you took 20mg of heroin. after the initial rush or fast onset you could compare a 20mg dose of morphine to, according to one calculator I'm using, about 400mg codeine.

Beaker
06-26-2006, 11:28 AM
But you never know how good the heroin is ( street dope blah blah blah etc) So your questeon cant really be answered.

Except in countries where diamorphine is still prescribed...

SirDonkeyPunch
06-26-2006, 12:26 PM
actually using a method that uses piridine hydrochloride or something like that, you can actually change codeine into morphine. A lot of clandestine labs where gettin busted in the 80s i know because all the junk dried up and junkies had to get a hold of codeine which was available OTC. then they used the piridine to make it into morphine, and then used acetyl anhydride to make the end result Diacetylmorphine.

http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/codeine.homebake.labs.html

check out that site. i beleive they said the conversion from codeine to morphine yeilded 40-50% of the codeine weight. It also states that as more quantities of materials is used, the less it appears to work out effectively. Take a look at the link and give it a good read through. Bromine tribromide and carbon dioxide are also used in a different reaction to yeild morphine from codeine.

Tar_Baby
06-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Except in countries where diamorphine is still prescribed...

True, and I was ignorant to the fact that it was still scripted out in some places. But I think it would be a hell of alot more effective treatment for cancer pain than the gold standard (dillauded)

Curio
06-28-2006, 08:23 AM
http://www.mywhatever.com/cifwriter/library/70/4932.html
interesting but very heavy use of medical jargon....my eyes crossed several times halfway through and then I just signed off...not really interested in anything but these facts:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/JaeBond007/sayingslogans2/Picture6-1.png

here was some new info I'd never heard of:

Codeine. Although this is the classic conversion value listed in tables, codeine is metabolized into morphine in the liver via the P450 system. About 10% of the population have trouble doing this, and many drugs - for example, Cimetidine and SSRIs - may inhibit this, resulting in even lower potency. Thus actual potency is highly variable.

superman
06-28-2006, 12:24 PM
are you talking about iv-ed h?
when snorted it never does much for me.

nope, i've yet to try slamming H actually. snorting it hits me just fine though

fiiendin
07-06-2006, 01:17 PM
to me, about 100 mgs of codeine= 10 mgs of hydrocodone which = 9 mgs of oxycodone. Oxycodone is only a little stronger than hydrocodone for me (even weaker if they're both injested). i think this may be due to the acetamenophine (sp?) in your standard vicodin and their generics (usually the 10-650 or 10-500) which makes the hydrocodone stronger. so the 10-650s hit me harder than the 10-500s. i dont know why, maybe im just getting sick from the tylenol

btw, hydromorphone SUCKS if eaten or snorted

Neo
07-06-2006, 01:37 PM
This may be a dumb question, but how much codeine (in mg) would be equal to an average dose of heroin. I have never used heroin. But I know they are chemically similar so I assumed there could be a dose of codeine that would be similar to the effects of heroin. Thanks for enlightening me.

As i understand it. Due to your body's limited capibility to metabolize cod., it is not possible to orally administer and metabolize enough cod. to equal anything close to an avg. H dose. Oral administration is the optimal route for codeine.

5. Only so much codeine can be metabolised at one time - if you get above 400 mg, you are wasting it. This does not apply to hydrocodone, morphine, or the other natural or semi-synthetic opiates.

Apples and Oranges, man. Check this site out, may help.
http://adhpage.tripod.com/potentiators.htm