PDA

View Full Version : Please help..can tramadol be taken WITH suboxone???

OxyQueen
10-10-2009, 06:22 AM
YES i utmfse...and i really didnt find too much info

I've been on subs for about a year...and know ALL about precip w/d...and am scared shitless of it now.

Can tramadol and suboxone be taken together???????? one after the other or vice versa?????

I really need to know....i am in serious pain and have NO other alternatives and am SICK of tylenol(like my liver needs anymore of THAT shit ugghhh) and aleve and advil are killing my gut lately...

Please help! I really cant even type anymore my hands are in excrutiating pain as i have severe arthritis.

I just dont need the precip w/d along with the pain, ya know? Im sorry if this has been addressed a million and one times, i am having a really bad morning with pain----NOT a pleasant way to start every fuckin day...

mikey5string
10-10-2009, 06:34 AM
are you on subs now? you dont get PW by taking opiates after subs, you get them when you take the suboxone too soon after being on opiates.

if you take opiates after being on sub the only thing that will happen is that you wont feel the full effects of the opiates.

depending on your sub dosage there is a good chance that you wont feel the tramadol. however tram isnt really like other opiates. maybe someone else could elaborate a little more. i think its a synthetic derivative of an opiate so its not really in the same class. again, im sure someone can drop a little/lot more knowledge on trams. ive never done it w. subs though.

my guess is that if youre on subs, you must have had a pretty hefty opiate habit to begin with and tramadol being tramadol, i dont think you'd feel much regardless of if you were on the subs at all.

some people love tramadol though. i find it gives me a little energy boost when i take 100+mgs. careful with taking too much though, it can cause seizures. it doesnt have any of the euphoria (for me) that the "real" opiates have.

Indy
10-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Tramadol is a weird opioid that also has a sort of "instant SSRI" effect in addition to it's opioid properties. The opioid properties should be blocked by suboxone but the serotonin properties, which also kill pain, may not be. I have heard people say tramadol still works for them on suboxone, and at any rate, it won't throw you into withdrawal if you're already stable on suboxone.

GOLD N DIEMONDS
10-10-2009, 06:45 AM
short answer- YES
IF YOU ARE ALREADY STABLE ON SUBS
YOU can take any opiate without worries of precip w/d...
PWD may only occur when original switching over form OPIATES to subs
BUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN STABLE ON SUBS ONLY FOR A PERIOD OF TIME
no worries about precipitating/ Opiates just aren't of much effectiveness
DUE to subs ungodly ability to ah 'bock' the receptor site
TRUE blocking ability starts around 6mgs /day
MORE INFO:
what's your daily dose?
are you on any SSRI anti-depressants?
WHAT IS CAUSING PAIN?
TRAMMIES areN'T really a true opiate, so may offer you good pain relief

EDIT: go to sleep INDY :)

OxyQueen
10-11-2009, 04:39 AM
Well just a heads-up...i never took the worthless things....

My weed connect FINALLY called me (it had been 2 WHOLE days) and i smoked sum nice bud and was a happy camper.

To answer some of the questions for next time i go thru this bullshit.... i've been on subs on and off for about a year..... except yesterday was day 3 of my "switch-over" back to subs after my monthly roxi & OC-- one week binge... & WHOA this transition was NOT pleasant. It really does seem like each time i go back and forth it gets harder and harder.....something i guess i will need to address in the near future.

I snort my subs about 1mg a day never going over 2mg

I do NOT take any SSRI---been there ... done that.... those things are fuckin evil imo

I have rheumatoid arthritis...and its painful at times...but i am a tough little shit and work thru it. I was just in SO much pain that i needed some kind of relief. I came close but the trams never worked for me before...so why in the world would they work for me NOW after being on subs for a year.?!?!?!
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.,.... i appreciate them & now i'm off at this ungodly hour to get my little one up for his midget football game.

GOLD N DIEMONDS
10-11-2009, 05:13 AM
maybe want to give LYRICA- pregabalin a try, heard good report of it.
and yes the back and forth game from what I read just get harder and harder,
also tends to jack up your tolerance.
ssri can cause problems with a few on tramadol, that why I asked

duck
10-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Well just a heads-up...i never took the worthless things....

My weed connect FINALLY called me (it had been 2 WHOLE days) and i smoked sum nice bud and was a happy camper.

To answer some of the questions for next time i go thru this bullshit.... i've been on subs on and off for about a year..... except yesterday was day 3 of my "switch-over" back to subs after my monthly roxi & OC-- one week binge... & WHOA this transition was NOT pleasant. It really does seem like each time i go back and forth it gets harder and harder.....something i guess i will need to address in the near future.

I snort my subs about 1mg a day never going over 2mg

I do NOT take any SSRI---been there ... done that.... those things are fuckin evil imo

I have rheumatoid arthritis...and its painful at times...but i am a tough little shit and work thru it. I was just in SO much pain that i needed some kind of relief. I came close but the trams never worked for me before...so why in the world would they work for me NOW after being on subs for a year.?!?!?!
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.,.... i appreciate them & now i'm off at this ungodly hour to get my little one up for his midget football game.

Try a SLOW transition back to sub....like the first day you take your sub dose, take your normal sub dose, and then later take some oxy.....continue doing the same but take a decreasing amount of oxy each day...

warbux
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
In my experience tramadol does work with subs somewhat to help with pain although as far as taking them to catch a buzz they are pretty worthless as any hard core user would know but for some people just starting down the path and havent got too many notches on their belt yet then it can produce a buzz although of course even codeine and vicodin even darvocet i think are better than trams for that purpose.

OxyQueen
10-11-2009, 03:39 PM
In my experience tramadol does work with subs somewhat to help with pain although as far as taking them to catch a buzz they are pretty worthless as any hard core user would know but for some people just starting down the path and havent got too many notches on their belt yet then it can produce a buzz although of course even codeine and vicodin even darvocet i think are better than trams for that purpose.

Well they MAY be better for that purpose but they are OPIATES and i would go into precip. w/d...NO THANK YOU!

sexualhealing
10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
from my personal expierence YES.

i have been scripted this by my sub doctor when i was in for some bad pain for a real bad sore throat or something of that nature..... it def worked and i would be actually willing to say it buzzed me more than tramadol ever did before i was on the subs.

very strange to be honest, as tramadol always seemed like SHIT before my sub use.....

it def has a weird syngergy with the sub and i dont know if they boost each other or if the tram hits shit the sub doesnt quite block or what, but i know i went through all my refills of that shit FAST as i never really got a buzz whilst taking subs like i did when combing with the tramadol.....

would love to try it again and see if its consistant...

Poppylvr
10-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Well they MAY be better for that purpose but they are OPIATES and i would go into precip. w/d...NO THANK YOU!

OxyQueen, is there a reason you are not getting regular opiates from a pain clinic for your RA? Also, I know there are other meds that help with RA pain that aren't opis - have you been on any of those?

OxyQueen
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes i have tried MANY of the newer RA meds and they lower my immune system so low that i am constantly ill and have to stop them....so its a vicious cycle, as with any drug.

I am considering going to pain management and dropping the suboxone all together...

EleusisII
10-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey OQ...

If Tramadol doesn't do the trick, the company that developed it has a new drug out that's similar but stronger. It's called Nucynta I believe... It's brand new, and therefore expensive, but might be worth a try.