PDA

View Full Version : Can you swallow suboxone?



opiobsessed
06-19-2006, 08:31 PM
What about suboxone? has anyone ever like just taken a 8mg suboxone and just swallowed it whole or crushed it in mouth and swallowed it all right away? would it work any better?

cronosaegis
06-19-2006, 10:11 PM
I know this may be off topic a bit, but is similar as far as dissolving or just swallowing a pill. But what about suboxone? has anyone ever like just taken a 8mg suboxone and just swallowed it whole or crushed it in mouth and swallowed it all right away? would it work any better?

I believe sub is more bioavailable when used sublingually. I think I've read/heard that you only get 10%-20% of the sub if you swallow it.

I know it's generally junky wisdom that swallowing the sublingually prepared bupe is a waste in comparison to using it as intended.

HistoryofMadness
06-19-2006, 11:15 PM
I know this may be off topic a bit, but is similar as far as dissolving or just swallowing a pill. But what about suboxone? has anyone ever like just taken a 8mg suboxone and just swallowed it whole or crushed it in mouth and swallowed it all right away? would it work any better?

You will get zero swallowing it, but because of the half life of the one taken before you may not know it until later... and you can get a little antsy because you got nada from swallowing the bitches...

Tried that...swing and a miss.

The_Highwayman
07-05-2006, 11:35 AM
The first time I had a sub it was given to me by a friend, he gave me no instruction so I would chew it and swallow, and nothing happened...

Next, I was toild to put it under my tongue, a half a tab had me all banged up for a night

ZodiacKiller
07-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah, don't do it Opio, my friend---you'd just be wasting it. You get used to that nasty orange taste after a while, and I noticed releif within minutes of subligually admininstering my doses..,


ZK

chemboy7
07-05-2006, 10:53 PM
I have heard alot of people having good results snorting them, that has to be a funky tasting orange drip... I think they are realitively easy to slam too. I definately wouldn't swallow them though.

Opiyum
07-05-2006, 11:17 PM
When you dissolve under your tongue as suggested a very small portion of nalaxone gets into your bloodstream. This is why when people shoot it they sometimes go into withdrawals because more gets through.

In suboxone.com's words

Don't chew or swallow the tablets, because less SUBOXONE will be absorbed into your bloodstream, it will not work as well, and your withdrawal symptoms could worsen

opiobsessed
07-05-2006, 11:41 PM
I snorted one 8mg one time, maybe twice so far and it did nothing at all. I dont recall even getting any effect from snorting them, not even wd's like the doctors say are supposedly supposed to happen if you snort them. I never tried iv on them yet though.

madnesscult
07-06-2006, 01:19 AM
What about suboxone? has anyone ever like just taken a 8mg suboxone and just swallowed it whole or crushed it in mouth and swallowed it all right away? would it work any better?

Yeah, as everyone said, swallowing them is pointless. But if you're looking to get a bigger rush or less of the orange taste, you should crush the pill up, then put the powder under your tongue. In this way, you still get the maximum amount of bupe in your system, plus since it is absorbed so quickly you'll get more of a rush. The best part is that since it dissolves and is absorbed so quickly, you get rid of the taste faster. Just be careful if you do this not to swallow too much. You're still going to want to try and keep it under your tongue as long as possible, and it's really easy to swallow a lot since it dissolves so quickly.

HistoryofMadness
07-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Yeah, as everyone said, swallowing them is pointless. But if you're looking to get a bigger rush or less of the orange taste, you should crush the pill up, then put the powder under your tongue. In this way, you still get the maximum amount of bupe in your system, plus since it is absorbed so quickly you'll get more of a rush. The best part is that since it dissolves and is absorbed so quickly, you get rid of the taste faster. Just be careful if you do this not to swallow too much. You're still going to want to try and keep it under your tongue as long as possible, and it's really easy to swallow a lot since it dissolves so quickly.

That's the best idea I've heard in a while. Dammit.