PDA

View Full Version : If I added my dope sick days up from the beginning of use...

HandMeSomeOpiates
08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
I'd be dope sick for a year or more... I am lying here in W/D as I type this. I get up every damn 20 mins to adjust the A/C. One second I'm freezing and the next I'm sweating so hard I feel like I've just jogged the Appalachian trail..... I'm sure you guys know all to well what I'm talking about. Just thought it was crazy how many days I would spend in W/D if I added them all up and had to go through them day by day consectively. FUCK W/D!! Ok, I'm through for now.... Thanks

Morfiend
08-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Are you trying to quit or just waiting for the next hit to come around?

Anyway sorry you're going through that... all I can say is that one way or another you'll be comfortable again so hang in there.

jo-jo
08-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Damn, that's a lot of w/d days!

And yeah, that hot and cold at the same time feeling sucks! As does the not sleeping, pants shitting, etc. Hope you feel better (one way or another) soon.

Dirt McGirt
08-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Just don't add up all the money you've spent on junk throughout your life. Guaranteed to cause insta-depression.

jo-jo
08-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Just don't add up all the money you've spent on junk throughout your life. Guaranteed to cause insta-depression.

Seriously! It's amazing how easy it is to justify spending huge amounts of money when you are desperate to get well...then kicking yourself for it later!

SeVeN
08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
I hate when I start burning up sweating feeling nauseas as fuck then all of a sudden all the sweat on me starts making me freeze, only to repeat the cycle some 50 times within an hour. Not to mention, least of all, the terrible odor you pick up from this.

jo-jo
08-25-2009, 03:36 PM
I've found that a nice hot bath is the only thing that makes me feel slightly less than shit during w/d's. At least while I'm in the tub...

okie dokie
08-25-2009, 03:40 PM

unfortunately I KNOW how much i have spent over the last 3 years, since i blew thru ALL my savings on just hydrocodone and roxies, and yes, it is VERY sickening, especially when my wife brings it up and throws it in my face

Seedy
08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Oh god, withdrawals, sorry to hear about your situation HSMO. I'm on the verge right now for the first time in about a year, my first break off subs, been on pst for ... about 2 weeks i guess, keeping well, never high because i'm too wimpy to face withdrawals, might as well have stuck to the subs but i guess i didn't have enough pst yesterday and i woke up this morning wondering why i felt so shitty.... oh yeah, i've got an opiate addiction! withdrawals! at least it means i might be able to get a little buzz on today!

HandMeSomeOpiates
08-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Morfiend, I wish I had the willpower to kick this shit, lay in bed for a week and be sober and free the next week but I have such an addictive behavior. I'll be right back in the same cycle next week when I get my meds...I thought about suboxone but don't want to get put on that dreadful blacklist. My luck the day after signing up for suboxone I'll get shanked in the nut sack and all the doctor will say "Here's some Ibuprofean, that's all I can give ya". I can't believe I keep doing this... Get my script run out in 2 weeks be sick for a week and the cycle repeats etc..... Maybe it's time for a new plan. Thanks again for posting guys, I feel completely drained of everything right now and I can't quit moaning(nobody is here) and moving my legs. You'd think going through this shit would open my eyes up and make me not want to use but I want to use so bad right now it's crazy.

Morfiend
08-25-2009, 05:47 PM
^^ if you ever seriously wanna quit, it's times like this that you should take advantage of... you're already part of the way there.

Man I don't have the best will power either but I'm 46 days totally clean off any and all opiates... which to me means anyone else here can do it too if it's what they really want.

But anyway, if you feel you need the meds and/or don't really want to (or don't "feel ready") to quit, I'm the last to judge ya. Hope ya feel better soon man.

hydro chris
08-25-2009, 05:51 PM
wow bro, honestly you have real big balls
lots of people do this i even i have a few friends who do it like nothin
i myself could never put my self/body through that crazy ness
i mean once i awhile or so but
month after month i just couldnt do it.. no way
actually i probably loose everything i have, i mean..
i go to work w/din and shit but, i couldnt do that shit for
one week every month
thats like being dope sick for 3 month strait out of a year
if you dont mind me asking whats your doc?

hydro chris
08-25-2009, 05:52 PM
^^ if you ever seriously wanna quit, it's times like this that you should take advantage of... you're already part of the way there.

Man I don't have the best will power either but I'm 46 days totally clean off any and all opiates... which to me means anyone else here can do it too if it's what they really want.

But anyway, if you feel you need the meds and/or don't really want to (or don't "feel ready") to quit, I'm the last to judge ya. Hope ya feel better soon man.
46 days haw, congrats

HandMeSomeOpiates
08-25-2009, 06:08 PM
wow bro, honestly you have real big balls
lots of people do this i even i have a few friends who do it like nothin
i myself could never put my self/body through that crazy ness
i mean once i awhile or so but
month after month i just couldnt do it.. no way
actually i probably loose everything i have, i mean..
i go to work w/din and shit but, i couldnt do that shit for
one week every month
thats like being dope sick for 3 month strait out of a year
if you dont mind me asking whats your doc?
Yeah man it sux. I'm only using about 80-100mg of Norco a day right now(was on OC). Some weeks I'll get kratom and shit but I'm pretty broke these days so its mostly just feelin like COMPLETE shit for 3 days then feelin shitty the rest of the week.

nodrover
08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
I am VERY sensitive to withdrawal. After the first few times going through it, I decided to NEVER let it happen again. Obviously my junkie ass keeps on taking runs now and again, and I am always faced with the possibility of facing withdrawal again. However, I make sure to avoid it BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. I would rob my own grandmas grave if it means avoiding the sickness. I mean I have done some pretty rotten, grimey shit just to "get well". I see alot of start threads about how sick they are at the moment, and in a weird way, I envy them. Anybody that can voluntarily go through withdrawal is as strong as they come in my book. Sometimes I hear people say that they are sick and there is no way for them to get right. That is not true! Us junkies know that! There is ALWAYS a way to get money!! .... I know I just went off on a tangent-----forgive me.

OpiateQueen
08-25-2009, 06:27 PM
I am VERY sensitive to withdrawal. After the first few times going through it, I decided to NEVER let it happen again. Obviously my junkie ass keeps on taking runs now and again, and I am always faced with the possibility of facing withdrawal again. However, I make sure to avoid it BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. I would rob my own grandmas grave if it means avoiding the sickness. I mean I have done some pretty rotten, grimey shit just to "get well". I see alot of start threads about how sick they are at the moment, and in a weird way, I envy them. Anybody that can voluntarily go through withdrawal is as strong as they come in my book. Sometimes I hear people say that they are sick and there is no way for them to get right. That is not true! Us junkies know that! There is ALWAYS a way to get money!! .... I know I just went off on a tangent-----forgive me.
What if you are locked up? or in rehab or detox? Or somewhere miles away where you can't score or have absolutely no clue where to score??? but i know what you mean...

HandMeSomeOpiates
08-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Hey thanks man. I appreciate you saying that. I can tough things out pretty well I just don't have the strong will to kick altogether. I could go back to the rents and swipe some Morphine from Pops but he has cancer and needs that shit man. Or rob someone but naww aint happening. Call me a righteous junkie or what have you. Thanks again man!

Maintenance Man
08-25-2009, 06:41 PM
I could go back to the rents and swipe some Morphine from Pops but he has cancer and needs that shit man.

If that's all it took to get well I'd have done it in a heartbeat back in my pre-maintenance days.

Madam Oxy
08-25-2009, 07:05 PM

That's exactly what I had to do last month. Gather all my store receipts and pharmacy tags and match them together. Just for the year tho. Unfortunately, there were some that I didn't have both on. BUT for the ones that did match up...the total was $26,492.80. yeah. one year, two people...over $26,000. And like I said, this wasn't even all of it. There were many tags and receipts left over that didn't match up. :rolleyes: ack!!! UNBELIEVABLE.

ka11ink
08-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Only good damn thing about kicking hard is that next sickly sweet hit. Basically the only time I could get fucked up on less than a g. And every hit after that first is barely like 20% as good as the first. Even if do three times the amount. To this day when I smell bleach or bathroom cleaner or coffee my mouth waters and I shake from going into the dunkin donuts bathroom to fix up right after I copped.

O ya, and being able to cum without fucking for 4 hours is pretty nice too!

tina
08-25-2009, 08:13 PM
I hope you feel better soon my friend. I know it sucks. I am sending you chicken soup wishes :sickinbed

Larry
08-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I feel for you man, Im in the same boat I find myself going through WD atleast 3-4 times a month and its absolutely horrible. Speaking of WD., Im going through them right now I did get some Soma though I dont know how much that stuff helps but when Im WDing its usually always cold turkey with no help but immodium... then I start to think how much longer can I mentally/physically deal with it & if it wasnt for my brother who is disabled I would of probably clocked out already... Sorry for the rant just keep it up bro itll get better, I know easier said then done

OverDriven
08-25-2009, 09:32 PM
I was in WD today and had to go to work. Well I'm sitting at the desk, and the fucking AC in the building is CRANKED TO HOLY FUCK and the vent is aimed right at me. God damn it must have been 50 degrees in that building. I was dripping in sweat and simultaneously freezing my fucking balls off for 9 hours straight. All the while, I knew that a new shipment of pods was sitting at my front door at home, as they had been delivered by the mail man today. I don't think I've ever been so happy to get home before.

LongKissGoodNite
08-26-2009, 12:53 AM
I was in WD today and had to go to work. Well I'm sitting at the desk, and the fucking AC in the building is CRANKED TO HOLY FUCK and the vent is aimed right at me. God damn it must have been 50 degrees in that building. I was dripping in sweat and simultaneously freezing my fucking balls off for 9 hours straight. All the while, I knew that a new shipment of pods was sitting at my front door at home, as they had been delivered by the mail man today. I don't think I've ever been so happy to get home before.

Oh man ... I hear you brotha. I must endure the same situation at work. Makes everything so much harder when I would come in to work half-dopesick. :) It would be better to sit and suffer through sweats then deal with the chills of the AC blowin on ya, am i right? ;0)

Oh man aint that the truth! Sometimes this would bother me in other ways too, like I'd think of all the money I was blowing on oxy and think about the migrant workers I pass by on the way to work. The amount of money I spent in a day wasting and blowing up my nose .. they would slave away all day for, and only get a fraction of the amount. I would feel even worse thinking about all those out there who were not so fortunate .. and how frivolous I was with it all. Oh man .. :o

Vico-Dan
08-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Pods are an absolute life-saver when it comes to being dope sick.

They are inexpensive and will keep you well.

Being addicts, it's hard for us to plan ahead because we live like there is no tomorrow, but I lose too much money missing work from being dopesick so I just buy extra pods whenever I have some extra cash laying around to avoid the nightmare of withdrawals.

I've even had Pods overnighted to me before and they arrived just in the nick of time.

Vico-Dan
08-26-2009, 01:30 AM

I've actually have had Pods, Tramadol and Norco delivered to me at my office before.

No one raised an eye because people have stuff delivered to them at work all the time.

I also keep a spare mini french press in the office kitchen.

I also live about a mile from work, so I always go home for lunch and have come home not feeling all that great and then I see that box of pods left in front of my doorway and I come back to work an hour later feeling good and with my eyes pinned.

HandMeSomeOpiates
08-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I feel alright today. Day 4 Last night I decided to go out and drink some wine and smoke some kind buds and that definitely helped me get through yesterday. I copped an 1/8th of kind and just smoked a bowl and I'm pretty str8. Immodium def helps too

Spork
08-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I took 10mg of naltrexone last night to speed up withdrawal. It was the most intense w/d, and the worst pain, I have ever felt in my life.

Dirt McGirt
08-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I took 10mg of naltrexone last night to speed up withdrawal. It was the most intense w/d, and the worst pain, I have ever felt in my life.

Man we've all been there bef...Wait WHAT?!?!?!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zU5teuENzHk/SmMHz0Kj-OI/AAAAAAAAArk/DugOm75clyE/s320/shocked.jpg

limitless_euphoria
08-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Really dope-sick: a good solid 3 months (no, not in a row)
Mild to moderately dope-sick: maybe another 3-4 months.

That's from 2003-2008 for H and I didn't really get too sick when I went on pill binges prior to 2003 because I didn't have enough of a supply to keep a steady habit.

During 2003-2008 if you added up all my clean time (since I bought my first bundle until the last time I used H) I took maybe 6-7 months off, a week here, a month there. The bulk of the time was in one giant block when I started sub circa June 2005 and that lasted all up until October 2005. It was all because of one of those shows on the history channel...the one about the history of opiates I think. After that, the next day, the D man got a phone call and I was off and running again for at least two straight months until I finally got back on subs.

How much dope did I do over all that time? AT LEAST ONE KILO to my own dome (I'm not even bragging) and possibly as high as 1.5 kilos, (50% or more of which was done during the last two years of my doping career when I had near constant access to raw by the gram). I did do a lot of stamps too (too many to count) and it's hard to tell how many stamps are in a gram around these parts.

That's more than the OP intended to ask, but wtf, I was in the mood to elaborate. Phew, that felt like a load off!!!

Papa Verine
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I spend A LOT of time dope sick. I'm constantly taking days off and allowing myself to get sick. I'd say I'm sick about 10 days out of every month.

To be honest, I don't know how anyone can keep getting high every day without regular sick breaks. My tolerance goes up so fast I'd quickly get to a point where no amount of tea would get me well if I didn't do this.

I hate being sick just as much as anyone but I don't know of any other way to keep my tolerance in check.

SeVeN
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I feel completely drained of everything right now and I can't quit moaning(nobody is here) and moving my legs.

Damn. I hope you get over it soon. I KNOW that thats a real bad WD when you get to the point where you lay in bed and kick your legs and moan. Thats a real shitty kick.

At least nobody is around to hear it, and tell you to shut up.

Good luck bro, stay strong.

HandMeSomeOpiates
09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to thank all those that replied.

OverDriven
09-08-2009, 10:39 PM

That's fucking balls, buddy. Props to you...I don't think I could do that.

HandMeSomeOpiates
09-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Spork, how does that work? What is naltrexone specifically rx'd for? That sounds horrid and interesting at the same time.