PDA

View Full Version : Limit to how many you can wear?

marhatch
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I was just wondering If there is anyone else out there with an insane tolerance and if it is possible to keep upping the dose- as of now and the past 2 years I have been perscribed 100mic's x 2 every 2 days.. in other words, I am supposed to wear 2 at a time and replace after 2 days. A huge problem has always been with them sticking, I have spent countless hours looking online for suggestions and hundreds on different tapes and whatnot but nothing helps. really- all my life I have had problems with things sticking like bandaids etc... my boys are the same way- bandaids and med tape dont stick. this Is the reason I am perscribed to change every 2 days instead of 3, the idea being that Ill have extra. the problem is during the summertime I can put them on and within a couple hours, it's sweated off. so I was wondering if its p[ossible to have them perscribed to wear 4 every 2 days, that way in the worst case I could replace 2 every day and still not worry about running out 2 weeks early. I also know that 2 isnt really cutting it much anymore. I have been on this dose for at least 2 years maybe more,.

Poppylvr
08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I was just wondering If there is anyone else out there with an insane tolerance and if it is possible to keep upping the dose- as of now and the past 2 years I have been perscribed 100mic's x 2 every 2 days.. in other words, I am supposed to wear 2 at a time and replace after 2 days. A huge problem has always been with them sticking, I have spent countless hours looking online for suggestions and hundreds on different tapes and whatnot but nothing helps. really- all my life I have had problems with things sticking like bandaids etc... my boys are the same way- bandaids and med tape dont stick. this Is the reason I am perscribed to change every 2 days instead of 3, the idea being that Ill have extra. the problem is during the summertime I can put them on and within a couple hours, it's sweated off. so I was wondering if its p[ossible to have them perscribed to wear 4 every 2 days, that way in the worst case I could replace 2 every day and still not worry about running out 2 weeks early. I also know that 2 isnt really cutting it much anymore. I have been on this dose for at least 2 years maybe more,.
Try using Coban or Coflex, the self sticking medical tape. Place the patch on your upper outer arm or your thigh or calf & have someone wrap the coban snugly over the patch. Done right, that should keep the patch on for the full 3 days without any sticky stuff that wears off on you.

Restharrow
08-04-2009, 01:28 PM
I sweat a lot and am a big hairy guy. I don't have much hair on my arms so I put them on my upper arms and cover with 3M TEGADERM TRANSPARENT DRESSING Item # 9505W.

I used to volunteer at a medical clinic and this is what the physcians put on EVERY patient we dispensed these to. At that time, Oxycontin was OUT and these were sold as UN-abusable. We used a lot of these on elderly people who were high risk diversion patients. Being the screw up that I am, I found the Pavlovian reaction of the patients kids (who usually drooled while watching us put a patch on their Granny or Mom) to be funny. Sometimes we watched the kids take the patches off their parents in the parking lot. So much for being UN-abusable.

When I used the namebrand GEL filled patches (on myself), they lasted nearly 4 days AND still had gel left that had to be carefully disposed of, when I took them off. Are you using scissors to cut any hair from the body area, washing and drying the area before application?

Be careful. The front page newspaper article in my hometown paper (news and observer Raleigh, NC) was about OD's from these patches. It led off with a real heart breaker of an OD case.

Sorry I can't tell you how many you can wear.

Will

OxiContinKing
08-04-2009, 01:59 PM
duct tape fixes everything.

barbiegal
08-04-2009, 02:59 PM
I have the same problem with mine sticking too. Especially in this summer heat/humidity. As another poster said,I use the tegaderm too. It helps a lot. You can get it at a medical supply store. Some pharmacies carry it or they can order it for you. It can be a bit pricey. But I wouldn't wear more. It's so easy to OD on fent.

Synack
08-04-2009, 03:52 PM
When I was using fent patches, I couldn't get them to stay on, and all the adhesives (including the glue on the patch) gave me a nasty rash. I started putting them on my leg or arm then wrapping a piece of cloth around it then securing it with saftey pins.

Restharrow
08-04-2009, 04:12 PM
When I was using fent patches, I couldn't get them to stay on, and all the adhesives (including the glue on the patch) gave me a nasty rash. I started putting them on my leg or arm then wrapping a piece of cloth around it then securing it with saftey pins.
At the clinic, the nurses washed the area, trimmed body hair with clippers, washed with alcohol, SPRAYED with BENADRYL SPRAY, dried, patch applied and covered with Tegaderm patch.

Have you tried Benadryl SPRAY prior to application?

Will

Synack
08-04-2009, 04:35 PM
No, actually I haven't... the bug bite stuff, right? I'll keep that in mind if I ever switch back from opana...

Madam Oxy
08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Marhatch asked: I was just wondering If there is anyone else out there with an insane tolerance and if it is possible to keep upping the dose-

Yes. I know someone...oh, I guess I should say SWIM then, but I really dislike that...:rolleyes: anyway....My friend is prescribed 4 100's every 36 hours. I couldn't even begin to tell you how he managed that odd Rx, but he did (if you want I'll ask him, just let me know). He uses tegaderm also. His tolerance is so high he's eats 3 boxes of 100's in less than two days. Absolute silliness.

youwonhundred
08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Why not just wrap Coban around it?
edit - I actually read the thread and I see that was already suggested. Seems to me it would work fine.

norseman
08-04-2009, 09:04 PM
The problem with getting them Rx'd anymore frequently then 48hours is that all the research shows that blood levels don't even reach a maximum untill 48hours after the application of one patch and then they continue to rise and eventually level out after the 72h mark. So I assume they try everything to get the patches to stay on for atleast 48hours so that you get effective pain control/blood levels.

i.e. If you were to change patches every 12h you're blood levels wouldn't reach as high as someone wearing a single patch over a 48h period.

I hope you find some relief, maybe ask about a different breakthrough med to help out.

Paregoric Kid
08-04-2009, 09:44 PM
maybe try leaving your patches on for 72 hours, applying 2 every 48 hours? I know patches are a pain in the ass to keep on but try medical tape, different types of tape, maybe duct tape. I think some of the pharmaceutical companies that make fentanyl patches will supply patients with special bandages that are supposed to help them stay on.

limitless_euphoria
08-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Back when my H tolerance was WAY too high (2007 among other times) I had on 4 100 mcg fent patches and that was just enough to stave off w/d. It all depends on your tolerance I guess.

resorcinol
08-05-2009, 05:27 PM
For sticking issues ... Tegaderm is fantastic. Even more foolproof is 1) clean skin well with water 2) clean same spot well with rubbing alcohol 3)dry 4)apply patch and hold down for a minute 5)apply tegaderm over the patch and hold down for a minute.

That's highly unlikely to fail. Make sure it's a spot that doesn't move a lot.

As for the dose -- it all depends on your tolerance and needs. I read somewhere about one elderly patient with anal cancer that caused severe pain who was on 1 mg/h (10 100 mcg/h patches changed every three days). There's no dose limit for opioids, but I'd imagine over a certain level that anybody would get a bit uncomfortable --- as being cut off for any of the tons of reasons for that is all the more difficult to cope with the higher the dose is.

God_Albino
08-05-2009, 05:46 PM
fent has a definite ceiling where it just stops doing shit, whether you're anywhere near that with your own body chemistry i dont know if anyone can say if theres a general cut-off.

at least that's my understanding. doctors will probably get too cautious before you reach the point youve got 8 patches on and realize its not doing anymore than 7.

digby
08-05-2009, 07:35 PM
They pretty much keep adding up as more patches are put on. Several people have OD'd from wearing several patches as part of their treatment, but when being replaced with new ones, all of the old ones were not found. So instead of wearing like 7 patches, they ended up wearing 10 or something - 7 new ones and 3 old ones (have no idea what the actual number of patches was).

norseman
08-05-2009, 11:44 PM
fent has a definite ceiling where it just stops doing shit, whether you're anywhere near that with your own body chemistry i dont know if anyone can say if theres a general cut-off.

at least that's my understanding. doctors will probably get too cautious before you reach the point youve got 8 patches on and realize its not doing anymore than 7.

I know as tolerance grows its becomes more and more difficult to feel dose increases (even large ones), but I do think it is dangerous to suggest that fent has a ceiling like codiene or bupe etc. Someone may actually take that as fact and OD. Fent has NO dose ceiling.

Also, remember especially with the patches that its takes a long time to kick in, so you may think that it is not enough in the begining, add another one and then by the time you fall asleep its actually too much. So always be cautious for the first 72 hours.

marhatch
08-09-2009, 02:47 PM
duct tape fixes everything.
I forgot to mention that I actually did have success with duct tape- the green "200 mph" tape that is used to hold racecars together after a crash. the only problem was the severe blistering and patches of skin that came off alongwith the tape. Also- I have tried many different types of surgical/medical tape, overlay's (bioclusive) etc. I even tried superglue. The only way I can get by now is being lucky enough to have a Dr. that is understanding and who knows me well enough to trust writing a new script when i run out instead of waiting till29 days like most dr's. He knows I have struggled with these and has confirmed ( to a point) that I am not an abuser by doing drug tests to show I am actually using these patches and nothing else. not even alcohal. Of course the Insurance is a different story- they could care less and we have to play stupid games to trick them into paying for the script after 2 weeks. again, I am lucky the is understanding and found a way around the ins denial system.
I had a terrible thought recently... he isn't a young guy and I dread the visit when he announces he will be3 retiring. the opiophobia/hysteria is bad in this aera and its hard to get a dr to write for 5 codiene pills after having a leg amputated.

marhatch
08-09-2009, 02:55 PM
I have the same problem with mine sticking too. Especially in this summer heat/humidity. As another poster said,I use the tegaderm too. It helps a lot. You can get it at a medical supply store. Some pharmacies carry it or they can order it for you. It can be a bit pricey. But I wouldn't wear more. It's so easy to OD on fent.

I actually don't need to wear more, 2 x 100 has worked fone for years now without needing an increase. I was just wondering if it is unheard of to have a dr write script for 4 x 100 x 2 days. so I don't have to keep playing the stupid games with the insurance company every 2 weeks when i run out due to them falling off.

I also have tried the tegraderm, aswell asthe bioclusive which the makers of duragesic sent to me for free but both came right off withing hours, even minuits along with the patch. I guess I am some kind of freak that wasn't ment to have anything stick to me. Like I said, I have always been like this and both my boys cand keep a band-aid on for more than ten min.

marhatch
08-09-2009, 03:44 PM
[/FONT]
Well- SWIM Just told me he went thru 35 of the 75 mic's since friday (2days) I am sure he's smoking them or something so I guess my tolerance isn't totally unhears of. I guess I'll try and ask the Dr to just give me 60 of the 100s per month and write it as 4 x 48 hours on the script but ill just keep using 2 at a time and replace as soon as the fall off. technically, I am getting about that many per month anyway, but because of the insurance and the way the dose is written, I have been forced to get refills every 2 weeks which is not only a pain in the ass, but I am treated pretty crappy at the pharmacies- treated like a criminal/junkie and have heard some really ittling/rude comments coming from the pharmacists when they think I can't hear them

HandMeSomeOpiates
08-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Well- SWIM Just told me he went thru 35 of the 75 mic's since friday (2days)
:eek:
DAMNNNNNNNNN!

My Dad has multiple mylenoma cancer and is rx'd only 1 75mcg every 3 days. He is also on 30mg morphine (90 month) and 10mg Norco(240 month). It seems to me they are under prescribing for his condition. The cancer has eaten holes in his spine and he is in pain a lot.

Tmac5150
08-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Have you heard of the Actiq(I think they're called) pops. It's just like a blowpipe, I think. I've never had them, but I'm sure someone on here knows something about them. UTFSE would be a good place to start while you're waiting for replies.I'm about positive we've discussed them in an earlier thread, so there should be something in the search engine...good luck...

rosebud
08-10-2009, 11:00 PM
I forgot to mention that I actually did have success with duct tape- the green "200 mph" tape that is used to hold racecars together after a crash. the only problem was the severe blistering and patches of skin that came off alongwith the tape. Also- I have tried many different types of surgical/medical tape, overlay's (bioclusive) etc. I even tried superglue. The only way I can get by now is being lucky enough to have a Dr. that is understanding and who knows me well enough to trust writing a new script when i run out instead of waiting till29 days like most dr's. He knows I have struggled with these and has confirmed ( to a point) that I am not an abuser by doing drug tests to show I am actually using these patches and nothing else. not even alcohal. Of course the Insurance is a different story- they could care less and we have to play stupid games to trick them into paying for the script after 2 weeks. again, I am lucky the is understanding and found a way around the ins denial system.
I had a terrible thought recently... he isn't a young guy and I dread the visit when he announces he will be3 retiring. the opiophobia/hysteria is bad in this aera and its hard to get a dr to write for 5 codiene pills after having a leg amputated.

Marhatch, I struggle with this too. It's pretty hot and humid in the summer here and they dont stay on worth shit with sweat (and humidity-forgettaboutit!). But, Duragesic has a special overlay that you can send for if you have ever got their brand. You give them the code on your box. If you dont get Duragesic, I might be able to give you a code off one of my old boxes to try out.

Also, there is this hospital medical tape called Micropore made by 3M. See if your doc uses it and will slip you a roll (that is how I got it). It works GREAT! I tried D-tape once too and it tore my skin off. One of the welts got infected. That hurt like a mutha before the antobiotics kicked in :(. Micropore is da bomb, doesnt bother skin at all and doesnt destroy your patches for...re-use (duct tape in alcohol = sticky mess, just an FYI).

Good luck from a fellow fent patch faller off-er sufferer! ;)

duck
08-11-2009, 02:40 AM
just try something like this

http://chasness.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/office_space.jpg

PriceofPills
08-17-2009, 02:11 AM
the problem is during the summertime I can put them on and within a couple hours, it's sweated off.

You might try applying antiperspirant to the area on and around where you apply the patch. Also, they make large, square band-aids, you could try putting one of those over the patch as well. I know you said that you have a hard time with them sticking as well but maybe the combination of the two will
stick better.

-Prince

KoDeInaaaae
08-28-2009, 09:39 PM
didint like someone have a picture of a skinny dude in his underwear that had like 50 patchs on him i think it was in a guide or soemthing?
yea the picture is in here http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?p=397092 i think those are patchs

ka11ink
08-28-2009, 10:23 PM
For sticking issues ... Tegaderm is fantastic. Even more foolproof is 1) clean skin well with water 2) clean same spot well with rubbing alcohol 3)dry 4)apply patch and hold down for a minute 5)apply tegaderm over the patch and hold down for a minute.

That's highly unlikely to fail. Make sure it's a spot that doesn't move a lot.

As for the dose -- it all depends on your tolerance and needs. I read somewhere about one elderly patient with anal cancer that caused severe pain who was on 1 mg/h (10 100 mcg/h patches changed every three days). There's no dose limit for opioids, but I'd imagine over a certain level that anybody would get a bit uncomfortable --- as being cut off for any of the tons of reasons for that is all the more difficult to cope with the higher the dose is.

There's going to be a point where u lose the analgesic properties but you keep getting worse and worse shallow breathing even though ur not feeling high am I right?

rosebud
08-28-2009, 10:53 PM
There's going to be a point where u lose the analgesic properties but you keep getting worse and worse shallow breathing even though ur not feeling high am I right?

This has happened to me a couple times and scared the shit out of me. The frightening thing about fent patches is that if you have gone overboard, slowing it down is tough to do in a quick period of time because of the delivery system. That is why people OD on them frequently. By the time they realize they have gone too far, it is too late.

When it happened to me, I pulled off all the patches and took a wet washcloth and cleaned off the skin where I had them, went outside in the cool air and stood (sort of) until I started feeling it recede. The scariest thing was how fast I suddenly got "there". It was like a 15 minute time frame where I went from feeling really buzzed and a bit floaty to having trouble breathing (felt like an elephant had landed on my chest) and feeling like I was going to black out.....

Just be extra careful. The ultimate buzz with fent is a really tricky balance to strike and one that many a smart opi has overshot.

RB

PS- My pharm told me that putting tagaderm (which I cannot master-its like getting tangled up in fecken saran wrap) or other heavy duty coverings over the patch also expedites the release of fent-and really majorly if you are in hot weather and/ or have a heating pad over it. That was how I went overboard.....

Toots
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
You can't always find the basic (no pad) tegaderm transparent dressings in drug stores, but these 3.5" x 6" dressings work perfectly and can be found for $3.99 in just about every drug store. I realize that's almost a pack of cigarettes, but for me, not having to worry about the patch falling off because I slept the wrong way or was careless in the shower justifies the price.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/RickySlade/4985404.jpghttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f221/RickySlade/05113194893_220x220_a.jpg

Thanat0s
11-18-2009, 12:14 PM
:D

mental picture of myself COVERED, head down to toes, in patches.

***sigh***

fentfiend
07-14-2011, 06:20 AM
I get prescribed 2 x 100ucg patches every 48 hours and frequently wear 3 or occasionally 4 (tolerance is a bitch).

Fent makes my body temperature cycle insanely from shivering cold on a hot day and then 2 hours later sweating all over. Ive been using these fuckers for 4 years so like to think I know what I'm talking about..... if you want to avoid the annoyance of surgical tape etc my main suggestion is take tops on or off in response to how your body temperature is feeling to limit the amount of sweating and then drying of sweat which cause patches to peel off.

The very best products to help keep patches in place if the above suggestion doesn't work are called Tegaderm surgical dressings......but even these are not perfect because depending how adept (or not) you are at putting them on they are SO strong that they can actually lift of the majority of the centre of the patch even whilst keep an absolute water and airtight barrier round the edges...thereby possibly resulting in annoying and unexpected withdrawals and the waste of good patch.

And speaking from experience plus advice from some very knowledgeable healthcare professionals there are six places - for a guy, if you're a girl I'll try and ammend my suiggestions - to apply a patch which meet the double vital criteria of being parts of your body which don't move much and therefore won't crumple, ruck up or move the patch very much and most importantly being above or very close to above the heart.....which apparently increases their efficacy by a very large amount: one on the left and one on the right side of your upper chest above the nipples; one on the left and one on the right side of your chest immediately below your nipples and one on the left and one on the right side of your body just below your arm pits.

Try to vary these sites as much as possible to prevent/limit the itching rash which appears if you use the same spot continually or too frequently.

Actually for girls, all of those sites probably still apply but I wouldn't apply them to your breasts.... it just doesn't sound wise.

And when you apply the patch place the palm of your hand FIRMLY on it for AT LEAST 30 seconds (I do it for 60 seconds) and then gently press down any little bits wich aren't totally bonded to the skin.

Hope all this helps the orignal thread started and any other patch users out there. Peace and love, Fentfiend. xxxxxx

Formula1
08-07-2011, 06:45 PM
I wear 2 for 2 days and at hour 48, I slap on two more. I get 75 mcg's ,2 every 72 hrs. I have been using Tegaderm for the last year with these. Just punch in into E-Bay and wala. Good luck.

Sydewayz
08-07-2011, 08:25 PM
I knew a guy got kicked out of his Methadone clinic and he was on 175mgs of done "got caught selling his take homes and kicked him out didn't even taper him" but he wore 3 of the 100 mcg patches at a time.. After the 2nd day he was still going through withdrawals and ended up chewing them up and smoking them, said it took the sickness away but could not feel high.. I'm not sure what he used after the last 3 patches.

gameface
08-07-2011, 10:15 PM
just try something like this

http://chasness.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/office_space.jpg

hey that looks like sourcecods suppossed wall of fent patches.

In all seriousness tho, shave the area, put a blow dryer on your skin and get it nice and hot before hand, and use duct tape. I like to use my upper left arm, as im right handed. Then right after you put it on and duct tape it bust out the hair dryer again and hit that basterd up for as long as you can stand it. This will help the patch kick in sooner too

FEAR
08-07-2011, 10:41 PM
didint like someone have a picture of a skinny dude in his underwear that had like 50 patchs on him i think it was in a guide or soemthing?

mental picture of myself COVERED, head down to toes, in patches.

I loved me some Fent, but the pic linked to above is fucking GNARLY...just in case anyone missed out:

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy95/cig3f/untitled.jpg

Wow.

Dutch
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Jesus, just let that poor individual die. If my body ever deteriates to the point where i need 20+ fent patches strapped to my whole torso to manage the pain im in, fuck, give me the kool aid.

Sydewayz
08-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Jesus, just let that poor individual die. If my body ever deteriates to the point where i need 20+ fent patches strapped to my whole torso to manage the pain im in, fuck, give me the kool aid.

Same here man just put me out of my misery!!!

FEAR
08-08-2011, 01:42 AM

I'd prefer enough Morphine to take down an elephant over the kool aid, but yeah, same sentiment as you.

"Dying is not a crime" - Jack Kevorkian

OP8world
08-08-2011, 07:10 AM
I sweat a lot and am a big hairy guy. I don't have much hair on my arms so I put them on my upper arms and cover with 3M TEGADERM TRANSPARENT DRESSING Item # 9505W.

I used to volunteer at a medical clinic and this is what the physcians put on EVERY patient we dispensed these to. At that time, Oxycontin was OUT and these were sold as UN-abusable. We used a lot of these on elderly people who were high risk diversion patients. Being the screw up that I am, I found the Pavlovian reaction of the patients kids (who usually drooled while watching us put a patch on their Granny or Mom) to be funny. Sometimes we watched the kids take the patches off their parents in the parking lot. So much for being UN-abusable.

When I used the namebrand GEL filled patches (on myself), they lasted nearly 4 days AND still had gel left that had to be carefully disposed of, when I took them off. Are you using scissors to cut any hair from the body area, washing and drying the area before application?

Be careful. The front page newspaper article in my hometown paper (news and observer Raleigh, NC) was about OD's from these patches. It led off with a real heart breaker of an OD case.

Sorry I can't tell you how many you can wear.

Will
I have used and abused every opiate under the sun by all ROAs imaginable, and I have never felt I was on the verge of ODing before; I never try to achieve the nod. However, I have ODed in a very serious way,... and what took me down was 150mcg transdermally worn fentanyl . This is much less than I had previously taken, with a consistently high tolerance. While I did test positive for a rainbow of other substances (only benzos and opiates), I had not taken ANY meds in the 48 hour window before I applied the two patches. I'm well aware of medication half-lives and things and to this day I cannot understand how I possibly ODed on 150mcg patches worn transdermally. Both were new fresh patches (Duragesic brand) applied at the same time,.... but there had been earlier times I had used two and took 150mg hydrocodone 11 hours after application, and could pass as sober.

That one time that I put on two patches I woke up with a trach down my throat and couldn't speak or see clearly for 2 days. It was the scariest moment (days) of my life. I didn't know why I was in the ICU, and I didn't know what happened to me. My vision was so fucked the first couple days I tried to write questions on paper which were so scribbly my poor parents assumed I was brain-damaged. This was my own primary fear as well.

To this day I believe fentanyl is unpredictable, and everything I read about it makes me fear it even more. That being said, I do have a few Mylan 75mcgs that I have mostly been using buccally. I fold the entire patch in half (good side facing out)and place under the tongue, and it gives me a buzz but only for an hour. I'd compare it to 40mg morphine IR taken orally. If I apply a Mylan fent patch to my skin, I feel nothing whatsoever. I "re-use them" but after 5 hours, I deem it trash, and all the tips on chewing the hell out of it have not yielded positive results for me. If I apply them to my skin after using them orally, even if the adhesive is still strong, I feel nothing. Perhaps Mylan is just the worst of fent brands.

I agree with Will, Tagaderm transparent dressing is effective. Nothing works better than tagaderm.

FentFiend is right.
Fentanyl induces wild perceived changes in body temperature like no other opiate. When I have used a great deal of fent, or even a little a bit, I sweat for no reason, shiver for no reason, and generally speaking feel way too hot or way too cold at rapid intervals. No other opiate produces such profound problems with my perceived body temp regulation.

DarthStoner
08-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Though I usually don't wear the patches, I have noticed that some brands are way more sticky than others. For example, at various times in a month I can get either 100ug Mylans or 100ug Sandoz patches.

Usually I just cut them up into strips and stick them to my gums. I've noticed that the Sandoz patches are not only a lot stronger than the Mylans, but also much stickier too. I usually try to dry my gums off before sticking the strips on, and the Sandoz ones definitely stick, and stay in place, much better than the Mylans.

Of course, through constant salivation they still lose the bond to my gums pretty quickly, but I can't imagine someone sweating as much as they salivate.

I don't know if this helps at all, and if you currently have a method that works well for you then disregard this post, but I was just putting it out there that different brands provide varying degrees of adhesiveness, and perhaps you could try other makers - if you haven't already that is.

marhatch
08-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi again... its been a long time since my last visit and was just checking my old post.. here is where I am at 2 years latger: opiphobia has hit hard here in the susquehanna valley and my dr not only took my beloved patches away but released me and all his other high dose paitents. All I can get now is methadone and believe me I am now made to feel that I am the worst criminal ever by everyone especially my new doc. Methidone has been horrible horrible horrible.. lost 2 jobs because ik cand stand up long anymore and basically just lay here depressed and gaining weight. Nobody cares though. I can't find a compassionate pain managem.ent dr anywhere. Even though I had problems with patches sticking, your suggestions helped and I was actually living for a while until everyone in PA became sadistic . I hate this and am treated as if I injured myself. Sorry just venting.... hope someday I can find a dr willing to perscribe patches again