PDA

View Full Version : crack and methadone

opiobsessed
07-26-2009, 11:39 AM
I need to quit being afraid to try new things, but anyway long story short, recently I got the chance to try crack(smoking from a crack pipe just like weed)for the 1st time. Wow was it cool, I had just an hour before that dosed my usual 220mg methadone liquid at the clinic before going to party. I got the hang of smoking it pretty quick and boy did the effects make me wish I had tried it way back in late 2004 back in the vicodin glory days.

I kicked back and relaxed in a comfy chair dare dare dare dare lol and suddenly I felt almost like vicodin all over again, I'm suddenly all talkative and full of energy and ambition and feel just great. I got home and took my 20mg valium and still was feeling great most of the day surprisingly. Hope I posted this in the right place, but I figured since I'm on methadone it would be ok to post it here.

Now my questions and advice greatly appreachiated such as, how long does crack show up in a UA? lucky for me it was just a few days about after giving the clinic my UA when I did crack, also I know crack/coke eats up any opiates in your system and I figured that would be agreat and faster way to get off methadone. Also do u think I better play it cool with crack? because I'm sure if I do it too much I will build up a tolerance to that quick also, so I'm thinking of doing C only as needed or if I'm having a really shitty day and need to get alot done around the house etc.

PiLL CLiNToN
07-26-2009, 11:54 AM
swim was on a shit load of done daily and swim wasted bout 500 bucks in dillys and they were a complete WASTE swim would sniff like 4 or 5 at a time and at first it was good says swim than it would take like 7 dills just to get "high" sayswim but swim knows a shit load of pepole who are like in their 40's an 50's who are now getttin into crack and cocaine or adderall,ritalin,desoxsyn other speed pills and alot of younger cats swim has seen get into alot of ecstasy too so yeah stims are def. the only drugs that will get you where you want to go when youre a methadonian.which has its ups and downs but that crack it will get cha brah u will get not gettin mdone if you get seriously serious with crack you would sell ya own mother trust me ive seen it. one hit ya DONE

hydro chris
07-26-2009, 11:58 AM
c-can stay in your system up till or around 3 days depending on how much and how long yer run is..but back when i was on m/done i got a pos. 4 days.. after just a day of use.
its really not a drug i would want anyone to get addicted to ..iv seen people ruin their lives in 6 months.

Mallinckrodt
07-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I need to quit being afraid to try new things, but anyway long story short, recently I got the chance to try crack(smoking from a crack pipe just like weed)for the 1st time. Wow was it cool, I had just an hour before that dosed my usual 220mg methadone liquid at the clinic before going to party. I got the hang of smoking it pretty quick and boy did the effects make me wish I had tried it way back in late 2004 back in the vicodin glory days.

I kicked back and relaxed in a comfy chair dare dare dare dare lol and suddenly I felt almost like vicodin all over again, I'm suddenly all talkative and full of energy and ambition and feel just great. I got home and took my 20mg valium and still was feeling great most of the day surprisingly. Hope I posted this in the right place, but I figured since I'm on methadone it would be ok to post it here.

Now my questions and advice greatly appreachiated such as, how long does crack show up in a UA? lucky for me it was just a few days about after giving the clinic my UA when I did crack, also I know crack/coke eats up any opiates in your system and I figured that would be agreat and faster way to get off methadone. Also do u think I better play it cool with crack? because I'm sure if I do it too much I will build up a tolerance to that quick also, so I'm thinking of doing C only as needed or if I'm having a really shitty day and need to get alot done around the house etc.

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but that is seriously the worst idea I've seen in a long time. It may have been enjoyable your first time--especially with 220mgs of 'done and the valium to counteract the terrible, anxious, schizophrenic, coming-through-your-skin feeling of coming down from a blast--but trust me, it will become exceedingly less enjoyable as you do more and more of it.

To use it to come off of methadone would be the worst experience in the world (in my opinion). It would just multiply the WD symptoms and add its own to the mix. Did you really not experience any of the obsessive, "I need more and more of this," type of feelings? When I do crack, there's never enough. I seriously could buy an ounce and as soon as I start to smoke, after coming down from each hit I would be thinking about how to get more MORE MORE as I'm stuffing another piece on the chore-boy. . .even with an ounce in front of me!

Just be careful with the stuff. Being on so much 'done and having those benzos to fall back on sort of masks some of the more devilish qualities of it. I wouldn't make a habit of it and I certainly wouldn't try to use it as some sort of maintenance or anti-depressant either. It will just make things worse.

HistoryofMadness
07-26-2009, 12:09 PM
3-5 days. but watch that love of the blast. you will live to regret it if you're not careful...

dharma bum
07-26-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but that is seriously the worst idea I've seen in a long time. It may have been enjoyable your first time--especially with 220mgs of 'done and the valium to counteract the terrible, anxious, schizophrenic, coming-through-your-skin feeling of coming down from a blast--but trust me, it will become exceedingly less enjoyable as you do more and more of it.

To use it to come off of methadone would be the worst experience in the world (in my opinion). It would just multiply the WD symptoms and add its own to the mix. Did you really not experience any of the obsessive, "I need more and more of this," type of feelings? When I do crack, there's never enough. I seriously could buy an ounce and as soon as I start to smoke, after coming down from each hit I would be thinking about how to get more MORE MORE as I'm stuffing another piece on the chore-boy. . .even with an ounce in front of me!

Just be careful with the stuff. Being on so much 'done and having those benzos to fall back on sort of masks some of the more devilish qualities of it. I wouldn't make a habit of it and I certainly wouldn't try to use it as some sort of maintenance or anti-depressant either. It will just make things worse.

+ 1,000 Bad bad idea. If you haven't heard, crack is a very addictive, very life ruinous substance. For anybody to consider using it as a taper tool is a contradiction. Do you wanna get off methadone and smoke crack full time? That's what's gonna happen. Get some Adderall or something if you think a 'stimulant' helps things. I've never heard anybody say, " You know, I wish i started smoking crack sooner. My life just ain't fucked enough."

Ickyuck
07-26-2009, 01:20 PM
I agree, the ol' crackitty is easy to get used to, i.e., addicted. Its a great, uh, er, blast, when you have um, a killer blast from the pipe.. but then you spend the rest of your time trying to get the NEXT great blast when it ain't gonna happen. Crack is a good twice a year kind of drug, a birthday thing or holiday thing, you know what I mean opio? Some side effects of constant crack use include paranoia which I'm sure you do NOT want more of, and your teeth fall out and shit. Ever see a crazy crackhead? No teeth and they are afraid that the feds... oh nevermind.
Just take care, ok?

Shadowsblaze
07-26-2009, 01:35 PM
I know three people who lost there homes and wives due to crack addiction in the last 20 years and two who ODed one this past year. I have chipped with it but one or two hits was enough. One friday night I spent my whole paycheck, it's tough to play with and the people who use it regularly are not to be trusted at all. Be careful because it feels great, though I don't have to tell you that. Like you said now and then if you can maintain that attitude. Good luck, you'll need it, and I don't believe in luck.

Ickyuck
07-26-2009, 01:53 PM
... One friday night I spent my whole paycheck, it's tough to play with and the people who use it regularly are not to be trusted at all....

Yeah, crack dealers/users are shadier than any dope fiend. Its pretty much a rule that you won't get what you paid for, ever.

Larry
07-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Sounds like an absolutely terrible idea man, Arent you the same person who was only taking some hydrocodone and then got on methadone. If you regret the situation your in now just wait and see how bad it gets if you start fucking around with crack. As everyone else said the type of people who use/deal that shit are absolutely NOT to be trusted at all.

Little story: About a month ago, My dad saw a flyer for this lost cat, We saw the cat near our house and called the lady (we felt bad for her losing the animal). Long story short this lady was a crackhead (she was in her 60s, didnt really fit the part, but the more I got to know her the more fucked up I saw she was). From a small thing where we were trying to help her find her pet, turned into a bunch of bullshit where she would call our house at all hours of the night asking if we saw the cat, stopping by our house for no apparant reason and all this other weird shit, Some of the most crazy erratic behavior.

PiLL CLiNToN
07-26-2009, 04:45 PM
crack is seriously wack powders wheres it is attttt:):):)but as it always is it is the real rich mans high.....swim would really compare snorting ohsees to smoking crack swim dont kno bout iv or im but snorting ohsee is seriously as addictin as some good REAL fishscale none of that stepped on 5 time bullshit swims seen in swims days back fuckin wit wacky crack one more thing swims noticed when certain ppl smoke it they pick theyre skin like fuckin crazy its so disgusting is this shit common or what? swim thinks it is but isnt sure but either way its so nasty!
and coka hell to this day swim thinks there is nothin wrong with a little snow once in awhile!@!!!:D:D
swims coka erection is going up up up and away/!

God_Albino
07-26-2009, 05:51 PM
i'm not sure how high-tech your clinic's got with testing, but when i get my hospital ua's, as of this past year they can pick up coke up to a week or more. my doc's never bullshitted me before, but i've never had a chance to test it myself so i can't be 100%. she was just real proud of catchin some folks that she suspected were cokeheads but could never get a dirty, until the new system.

even if you're initially able to keep your smokin to right after the ua, it probably won't be too long before you're pushin your luck closer an closer

DCBA
07-26-2009, 06:17 PM

Great answer.

simfromstoke
07-26-2009, 06:35 PM
i'm not sure how high-tech your clinic's got with testing, but when i get my hospital ua's, as of this past year they can pick up coke up to a week or more. my doc's never bullshitted me before, but i've never had a chance to test it myself so i can't be 100%. she was just real proud of catchin some folks that she suspected were cokeheads but could never get a dirty, until the new system.

even if you're initially able to keep your smokin to right after the ua, it probably won't be too long before you're pushin your luck closer an closer

in the uk at a normal dr's they've started using these "E-Z cup" sampling jars
they must use them over there in the us too. i did a lil research on the net and they're made in the us
anyways..
these cups are ultra sensitive. i know this as ive failed for opies even after seven days (and id only had one bag in the fortnight previous!)
my doc told me i need to allow at least 7-8 days to pass a normal uk test
i thought that this was bullshit until i saw it with my own eyes (id always belived the 3 day rule before, and was totally shocked after failing after being 7 days clean)

Morphus
07-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Wow opio, you really thought smoking some crack was a good deal? I'm not saying the 10-15 seconds after a blast aren't incredibly powerful, but I thought every one learned the deal with coke real quick: you're high as long as you've got more caine, the second you run out, here comes the pain: intense sadness, feelings of remorse, agitation, paranoia, deep psychic pain. I thought everyone that fucked with coke understood after using it what the deal is, regarding the pleasure to pain ratio.........sounds like being pumped full of an enormous dose of done, plus benzos may have softened the blow of the comedown a bit, believe me though, get in deep enough and nothin but time eases the pain of a coke crash, horrible, horrible feelings. I guess you've gotta experience it to understand. Man, I think you need a coke habit like you need a hole in your head, but whatever..... be safe bro.

Ickyuck
07-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Wow opio, you really thought smoking some crack was a good deal? I'm not saying the 10-15 seconds after a blast aren't incredibly powerful, but I thought every one learned the deal with coke real quick: you're high as long as you've got more caine, the second you run out, here comes the pain: intense sadness, feelings of remorse, agitation, paranoia, deep psychic pain.....

Thats for fucking sure. Running out of crack makes you feel like the world is gonna end, no fuck that, it feels WORSE THAN THAT...

SHELLEY
07-26-2009, 07:59 PM
i don't know about methadone
but i did a full heroin detox twice using "crack cocaine maintenance"
it's expensive, but if you wanna kick you can kick that way
you pretty much need to have a rock pipe in your mouth at all times though,
plus xanax when you need to sleep and a fat pile of rocks for a wake-up

Shadowsblaze
07-26-2009, 08:07 PM
i don't know about methadone
but i did a full heroin detox twice using "crack cocaine maintenance"
it's expensive, but if you wanna kick you can kick that way
you pretty much need to have a rock pipe in your mouth at all times though,
plus xanax when you need to sleep and a fat pile of rocks for a wake-up

How much heroin were you using Shelly, and how bad were WD's.

hydro chris
07-26-2009, 08:39 PM
the last thing id wanna do during detoxing is coke, but if it helps why not..

how many out there do coke to detox off of dope?

shelley, was this a plan to get off of opiates or what? hey idk to each his/her own i guess.

Morphus
07-26-2009, 09:53 PM
This using coke to kick a heavy opiate habit business sounds insane to me. Just thinking about being in Wds, sweating, anxious the whole bit and then shooting a big blast or smoking some caine sounds like a recipe for about 1 minute of relief, followed by the need for more, until you run out; gakked to the gills and fiending for more, just thinking about makes me feel dirty.......... There have been times, earlier in my opium addiction where I would use meth(amphetamine) and alcohol in lieu of opiates; I did indeed feel better for a few hours, but the crash was absolutely horrendous, I could not imagine a worse situation than no dope, doing your last shot of coke, drinking your last beer and the suicidal depression that would be peaking in about 1 hour! Now with an unlimited supply of caine, and benzos, MAYBE........... still, makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. Coke fucks me up bad enough even when I'm totally saturated with opies.

SHELLEY
07-26-2009, 10:32 PM
How much heroin were you using Shelly, and how bad were WD's.

a gram and a half a day once, and a lil bit less the second time
the w/d would have been bad, but i smoked so much goddamn rock that i barely noticed
i just puked a hell of a lot, but then did a big hit and got over it
took like 6 or 7 days both times, with xanax naps, and it was a hell of a run

and the plan wasn't "get off opiates forever" while doing this
it was usually because i needed a break and that was the only way of getting there
the second time, i had two warrants and i wanted to turn myself in on MY terms (kick first and have xanax)
instead of being dragged in off the street with a heroin habit and possibly something else illegal
the first time, i wanted to go to mexico but i wasn't bringing my own dope
and i surely wasn't gonna cop in mexico with all that dealer/cop-cooperation going on

plus, what a great excuse to hole up and smoke sick amounts of rock for a week
and actually feel like you're accomplishing something? :)

Shadowsblaze
07-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Thats pretty cool Shell, I wonder if it would work with most everyone or is it a physical deal where were all different.

SHELLEY
07-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Thats pretty cool Shell, I wonder if it would work with most everyone or is it a physical deal where were all different.

it worked for quite a few junkies that i have known
but for some people, it just made them even sicker and have seizures

NOLA
07-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Coke isn't bad for trying to come off a very small habit, like eating a handful of lortab10's a day, or something like that.

But when you're doing some heavy shit, especially for a long period of time, coke would be terrible for withdrawals - unless you have an unlimited supply, I would imagine. Even then, I still wouldn't want to deal with the added anxiety when coming off of a serious run.

Honestly though, its just a bad idea.

Tony
07-26-2009, 11:22 PM
To the OP,

Please listen to the good advice you have gotten here.

I also have seen the damage that crack can do. It starts
out as the drug that comes close to having the best rush
going. Close to heavenly! It's a big lie. It will break you.

I remember spending a small fortune on it. I bought or
traded for huge rocks. Then I learned how to turn the
powder into rocks. Damn, I used to take a big pull on the
pipe and then my heart felt like it would explode. I would
take a long gulp from the whisky bottle and wait 2 minutes.
It my heart was still racing I would do another gulp....
Lucky I am alive.....

Please be careful..

Shadowsblaze
07-26-2009, 11:24 PM
it worked for quite a few junkies that i have known
but for some people, it just made them even sicker and have seizures

Were the seizures severe.

SHELLEY
07-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Were the seizures severe.

i don't know man, i was high on crack when it happened :D

opiobsessed
07-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks very much everyone for your great advice, which I will definately heed, I will definately ask my psychiatrist about trying adderall, but what's the best way to get on the subject of trying adderall? I"m sure telling him "hey I tried crack with this dude from the clinic and it made me feel wide awake etc"

Also thanks much for telling me that a person who uses crack alot is NOT to be trusted. Well long story short, the dude I met from somewhere said "are you sure you dont wanna try crack?" I finally gave in when we were at his house and smoked two hits and really got it in good. Sure I felt great but fishy stuff started coming up within a week of knowing him, like me calling him to say I was gonna be late to meet him at such and such and he sounded half awake and hung up TWICE on me. Then gave me this B.S. story about how he got busted because this chick gave him a beer and he got charged with open liquor in public. I felt like saying "come on dude I got more streetsmarts than a streetsweeper" I even know not to have open booze in public. Plus other stuff happened fast toward the end of me "dumping him" as a friend.

I confronted him on phone that I dont trust him because of this and that etc that happened this week, the truth came out loud and clear when he suddenly quit answering my text messages then.

NOLA
07-27-2009, 11:51 AM
How much streetsmarts does a streetsweeper have?

Just curious.

Tmac5150
07-27-2009, 03:24 PM

Mallinckrodt said it all and he's dead on. Trust me, that's a BAD idea(your detox). It felt great because it was your 1st time. What he said about wanting more & coming down is very true. The crash has got to be the worst. It's miserable...

As for your drug test question, here's a link w/about EVERYTHING you would ever need to know about drug tests... It's very long, but check it out. Also, I think someone mentioned this, but coke should be out of your system in about 3 days, give or take depending on the amount & how often you do it...

http://cocaine.org/drugtestfaq/index.html

Hope this is helpful. take care...

Tmac5150
07-27-2009, 03:26 PM
+ 1,000 Bad bad idea.

I've never heard anybody say, " You know, I wish i started smoking crack sooner. My life just ain't fucked enough."

lol, another great comment...

Deadfiend
07-27-2009, 03:39 PM
I thought that everyone knew that "Crack is Wack! But Coke is Kool!":p

Tmac5150
07-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I didn't think about this earlier. About 10 yrs ago I was on done and I wasn't on MMT. It all of a sudden ran out & since I was self medicating there wasw no taper or detox. A girl come by and we done some crystal. I had only done it once before sev. years earlier. Damn, that was a good feeling, and knowing how strong the shit was and how strong methadone was I thought to myself this shit's prolly strong enough it would be a big help coming off the done.
Well, long story short, I kept doing it, found a hydro hookup and next thing I knew, I had 2 very bad habits. It took 3-4 yrs to get off the speed & I'm now on MMT...:) Anyway, I had the same train of thought and it wasn't the fix it I thought it would be. The only thing is w/crack it wears too so quick and when it does the crash is the worst feeling I've prolly ever had. The crystal lasts MUCH longer than the other w/out the crash and it didn't work. I was very ignorant w/my thinking. That one decision has caused me more problems than you would believe. If you do what you're talking about you'll see what we're talking about w/wanting more when it's gone, the crash and needing benzos to take the weirded out edge off so you'll feel half way normal & sleep. Trust me, it's a miserable place to be.
I know everyone's diferent and you may think you've got the will power to do, but w/the characteristics of crack & done I honestly think you're setting yourself up for a fall. I hope you seriously reconsider doing this.
Hope this help helps, take care...

TigerFan
07-27-2009, 06:11 PM
I did crack, also I know crack/coke eats up any opiates in your system and I figured that would be agreat and faster way to get off methadone.

Bad Idea. Bad, bad Idea...

opiobsessed
07-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Lol,
I like the funny comment "how much streetsmarts does a streetsweeper have?" Well I never thought about that, but that quote means that I'm more smarter than he or most people think. But thanks again for everyone's advice, at least I quit crack before it became a problem!.

mikey5string
07-28-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm more smarter than he or most people think.

you should make that into one of those novelty t-shirts.

SHELLEY
07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
you should make that into one of those novelty t-shirts.

dude, you always say something hilarious

Badly Drawn Girl
07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Is it even possible to read all the different posts and yet agree with them all? That's how I feel even though some of it would be contradictory.

I discovered crack during wd's. At first it was fun, then it was a nightmare, then I got a handle on it and it was fun again, then I had to kick the habit in order to get into a methadone clinic. I've been clean for 14 months off of crack, and I smoked for 2 years before I got clean. I had a $150 a day habit.

I used crack during wd's quite a few times and although it was always a short-term thing, I'm sure I could have used it to totally get clean off of opiates. I heard all the warnings, everyone told me that no one uses crack recreationally, no one can control it, you will end up losing everything. Well, that wasn't my experience at first. I was able to smoke when I wanted to, sleep when I wanted to, wake up and still have rocks left AS LONG as I had opiates. Without the balancing effect, I would end up too high on the crack, it would be uncomfortable physically. I hated it. Now during wd's, I would literally take one hit, and walk away. I wouldn't take another hit until my wd symptoms reappeared. It stopped the diarrhea immediately (I don't get why that's possible but it worked), helped me to stay calm, stopped all the other physical aches and pains. But had I smoked more than just that hit and quit, hit and quit, I would have gotten way too high.

I am NOT recommending crack as a substitute for anything, nor do I recommend it as a way to get off of methadone. I refuse to do anything to jeopordize my mmt so I had to part ways with the pipe. I will say that getting off was really hard. The cravings, the triggers, the mind fuck shit I had to deal with was intense. I still think about smoking all the time. I dream about it, I can smell it sometimes randomnly in my mind, it's powerful stuff.

If I had to go back in time, I would have NEVER touched the stuff. I figured it was no big deal because I don't have an addictive personality. But when you are high, it's impossible to stay in control. I would go through binges that would result in extreme sleep deprivation. I lost 50 lbs in a matter of months. My partner in crime and I went through 10K in 6 months time. I mean, that's just disgusting. I would rather have that money back than the memories of smoking I have instead.

Just be careful.