PDA

View Full Version : Methadone/DRUG TEST!

L0VE
06-14-2006, 07:13 PM
How long does methadone stay in the system for.
I took 20mg today and I have a drug test coming up soon for my new job. I'm detoxing myself and I need to know if I take one more tonight, will it clean out of system in 3 days or what?! :confused:

ZodiacKiller
06-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Methadone has one of the longer half-lives than most other opiates, which I found out the hard way (but I won't de-rail this thread witth that story). I believe it's 72 hours minimum.

So if you're having your test in three days, you may be too late, unfortunately, because if the half-life is 72, it stands to reason that you'd have trace elements for a day or two longer than that.

Also, don't know if you've ever experienced the joys of Methadone withdrawal, but for me it was utterly hellish--way worse than that of Heroin or OC. I've heard other peole say the same, so it'd be best to prepare for it...

Good luck to you.

ZK

Opiyum
06-14-2006, 08:03 PM
I was aking this in another thread but it never got answered so heregoes. Is Methadone like Bupe in that it wont show up on your standard drug? To find Bupe you have to look for it. Is Meth the same?

Coddfish
06-14-2006, 09:09 PM
I will say that I used one of those $25-30 drinks they sell at head shops one time. I was on methadone and shootin all kinds of dope on top of it. Had been for a long time and got popped a few times. Well, I figured 'what the hell" so I bought this drink--can't remember the name-- and took it. At the done clinic I came up positive for heroin (which sucked but was all my fault because I just couldn't wait the few hours the stupid drink told me to wait before the test).

But the interesting thing was that I was negative for methadone. So, the shit worked. Just not the way I wanted it to. Got double popped on that.
I dunno, I guess maybe they get you on those drinks nowadays. Not back then though.

hero 1
06-14-2006, 09:29 PM
swim went to the p.o for a drug test and the methadone didnt show up at all.

devilsdrug
06-14-2006, 09:38 PM
hero this is off thread but u are my anti hero because in this day and age of no neg pts u have neg pts allllll rrright, or am i just out of it and we can now give negs again

hero 1
06-14-2006, 09:52 PM
i know how the hell i wants me some cookie points im a cop i need me points
or do i need points to cop jelly doughnuts

phddab187
06-14-2006, 09:57 PM
I was on intensive probation for 3 years and test's once a week (scheduled) but the ocassional popup, I was using done day in and day out, I always passed the scheduled but failed a few popup's obviously, when given 2-3 days to prepare I always passed, I am slim with a high metabolism and would stop using for 2-3 days and flush with water, always passed that way but everybody is different

Hammilton
06-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Not to cause trouble, but all those drinks are entirely fake. Anyone with even the simplest drug testing knowledge combined with a little chemistry should know this. Can they work? Yes, but not in the way you're expecting.

Basically, all you can hope gain from the drink is to dilute your urine. The tests look at the concentration of X drug or drug metabolite in your urine. If you drink a ton of fluids of course you're going to test negative. This causes your urine to look like water, not the typical lemonade they're looking for. If your urine looks unusual- unusually clear, that is- they will almost always do a second test, typically GS/MC, which includes an expanded set of drugs like Methadone, LSD, Ketamine etc. The drink manufacturers who have a little knowledge of nutrition and chemistry and aren't just trying to make a buck will usually include B vitamins (B2 specifically) which make your urine yellow when you take too much of it; No worries though, B2 is a water soluble vitamin, so what your body doesn't need just gets flushed out. B2 however will make your urine more of an unusual bright yellow color, and not exactly what your looking for. Better than nothing I guess.

However, most testing companies (all of them if there is suspicion) will check you creatine levels as well. Because they remain mostly stable outside of flushing your system, they are able to look at the concentration of creatine in your urine to see if you're 'watering the sample'. If your creatine concentration is out of the proper range, you will automatically fail in all but the most forgiving drug testing centers. I have not found many drinks that include creatine to balance out the concentration. Also, creatine is very hard to balance by drinking and it may not be the proper form since they're looking for the biosynthesized creatine; Creatine is found in the body in two forms- monophosphate and monohydrate. I'm not certain, but I believe they look at the concentration of the two types; In this case drinking only one kind (as all of the tests I've found containing creatine contained) will likely throw off the balance in your urine monstrously.

Thats something to think about before you go and buy a $35 cup of punch. I'd like to produce my own produce that was very carefully balanced, unlike absurdly overpriced stuff on the market today. Lord, you could buy the ingredients seperately and still pay way less- and have possibly hundreds of doses.

On the question of being clean without a supposed cleaner (or with one. heh), probably not. Methadone has one quirk that sets it apart from all other opioids; That is, it builds up a store in the liver. No other opioid does that. Works well if you need a constant supply in the body, since it leaches out very slowly. The 72 hour half life (I've seen some estimates of 108 hours) is for one dose. Since you've built up a store in your body, it will take much longer. Between the methadone and metebolites that are also tested for, you could easily have a week or two's worth of testing dirty.

However, Methadone is rarely tested for, it is not part of the standard NIDA battery of tests. NIDA only tests for morphine; Since heroin, codeine, morphine itself, and a some other opiates all become morphine in your body, they've left their opiate test at that. Makes sense, really, since they are the most commonly used narcotics. That is changing though with the popularization of oxycodone.

Are you sure they'll even be testing for it?

Hope I didn't bore anyone.

Hammilton

devilsdrug
06-14-2006, 10:49 PM
yea u are long on the wind hamilton but it damn good info , i too would say the done is too long winded for quick cleanups

Coddfish
06-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Then it was a fluke, the only time I tested negative for done in my 10 year career. Quite a coincidence.

devilsdrug
06-14-2006, 11:05 PM
i dont know cod i do know that in the many years of testing i did often they didnt really test it , just cause they took a sample doesnt mean they tested it

Coddfish
06-14-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm not saying averyone on here isn't right. WHat I am saying is that --1) in the fall of 1996 I was on a methadone program in downtown OKC and I used one of those drinks--it was orange, and I bought it in a head shop for about 25 bucks, that is all I remember about it.

--and 2) When they tested me they told me it came back POSITIVE for opiates, but NEGATIVE for methadone. That is what I am saying. Oh, and I puked after I got home from the clinic.

Maybe it really was a coincidence. Maybe it was a faulty test. I don't know, and it really doesn't matter. But those are facts, as I remember them.

jwalm
06-15-2006, 01:16 AM
methadone does not show up on regular drug tests- a specific test has to be done to detect methadone

Canis aureus
06-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Yeah,

it must be specific test regarding methadone, like that of buprenorphine also... Methadone is 6-dimethylamino-4.4-diphenyl-3-heptanone ;) :cool: ;)

But if it is such test, it tends to show up almost a week, if used continuously...

HistoryofMadness
06-15-2006, 11:11 AM
yea u are long on the wind hamilton but it damn good info , i too would say the done is too long winded for quick cleanups

shit man yuu read that whole thing? i threw it in last night thinking it was the beer buzz, came back today, and still fucking passed... hhmmm you must get bored during the day...

as for the drinks, I know folks that swear by them and folks that'll never believe, and both sides have all kinds of science...

don't you wish we could just ask our PO or clinic or whoever what kind of test they're using so we can find out?

L0VE
06-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Methadone has one of the longer half-lives than most other opiates, which I found out the hard way (but I won't de-rail this thread witth that story). I believe it's 72 hours minimum.

So if you're having your test in three days, you may be too late, unfortunately, because if the half-life is 72, it stands to reason that you'd have trace elements for a day or two longer than that.

Also, don't know if you've ever experienced the joys of Methadone withdrawal, but for me it was utterly hellish--way worse than that of Heroin or OC. I've heard other people say the same, so it'd be best to prepare for it...

Good luck to you.

ZK

:eek: Wtf is the point of taking methadone then, if the withdrawals are worst?!! I guess I'll hand my application in next week, this sucks. Thanks for posting this.

L0VE
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I was aking this in another thread but it never got answered so heregoes. Is Methadone like Bupe in that it wont show up on your standard drug? To find Bupe you have to look for it. Is Meth the same?

I was talking to someone yesterday about this and they said that methadone is tested on a special drug test and you have to sign another relise form to take it. But I'm not taking any chances.

L0VE
06-16-2006, 09:39 AM
My sister took something before and she snorted like 3 80 ocs the previous night, took some pill from walgreens and she came up clean for EVERYTHING, I was shocked. But I heard places are testing for this stuff now, so too bad.

L0VE
06-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Not to cause trouble, but all those drinks are entirely fake. Anyone with even the simplest drug testing knowledge combined with a little chemistry should know this. Can they work? Yes, but not in the way you're expecting.

Basically, all you can hope gain from the drink is to dilute your urine. The tests look at the concentration of X drug or drug metabolite in your urine. If you drink a ton of fluids of course you're going to test negative. This causes your urine to look like water, not the typical lemonade they're looking for. If your urine looks unusual- unusually clear, that is- they will almost always do a second test, typically GS/MC, which includes an expanded set of drugs like Methadone, LSD, Ketamine etc. The drink manufacturers who have a little knowledge of nutrition and chemistry and aren't just trying to make a buck will usually include B vitamins (B2 specifically) which make your urine yellow when you take too much of it; No worries though, B2 is a water soluble vitamin, so what your body doesn't need just gets flushed out. B2 however will make your urine more of an unusual bright yellow color, and not exactly what your looking for. Better than nothing I guess.

However, most testing companies (all of them if there is suspicion) will check you creatine levels as well. Because they remain mostly stable outside of flushing your system, they are able to look at the concentration of creatine in your urine to see if you're 'watering the sample'. If your creatine concentration is out of the proper range, you will automatically fail in all but the most forgiving drug testing centers. I have not found many drinks that include creatine to balance out the concentration. Also, creatine is very hard to balance by drinking and it may not be the proper form since they're looking for the biosynthesized creatine; Creatine is found in the body in two forms- monophosphate and monohydrate. I'm not certain, but I believe they look at the concentration of the two types; In this case drinking only one kind (as all of the tests I've found containing creatine contained) will likely throw off the balance in your urine monstrously.

Thats something to think about before you go and buy a $35 cup of punch. I'd like to produce my own produce that was very carefully balanced, unlike absurdly overpriced stuff on the market today. Lord, you could buy the ingredients seperately and still pay way less- and have possibly hundreds of doses.

On the question of being clean without a supposed cleaner (or with one. heh), probably not. Methadone has one quirk that sets it apart from all other opioids; That is, it builds up a store in the liver. No other opioid does that. Works well if you need a constant supply in the body, since it leaches out very slowly. The 72 hour half life (I've seen some estimates of 108 hours) is for one dose. Since you've built up a store in your body, it will take much longer. Between the methadone and metebolites that are also tested for, you could easily have a week or two's worth of testing dirty.

However, Methadone is rarely tested for, it is not part of the standard NIDA battery of tests. NIDA only tests for morphine; Since heroin, codeine, morphine itself, and a some other opiates all become morphine in your body, they've left their opiate test at that. Makes sense, really, since they are the most commonly used narcotics. That is changing though with the popularization of oxycodone.

Are you sure they'll even be testing for it?

Hope I didn't bore anyone.

Hammilton

Oh that's really good, because all I drink is water (sugar drinks and whatnot makes me anxious). Plus I eat really healthy and I'm active, I've heard this can help your chances, but I really need to pass so I'm better off just cleaning my system out for a couple of days.

cronosaegis
06-16-2006, 09:53 AM
:eek: Wtf is the point of taking methadone then, if the withdrawals are worst?!!

It's for maintenance. You're not supposed to get high, you're supposed to be deadened to other opiates, and you stay on it indefinitely.

reddragon3668
06-16-2006, 10:07 AM
This thread has been interesting... I started taking meth and morphine for chronic pain 5 years ago. I got hurt as a plumber/pipefitter, and that job requires a positve drug test. I mean, in 20 years, I don't think I ever met a plumber who wasn't a drunk or druggie. (You have to be to charge someone an eguipment fee for plungering their toilet)

Now, I am working to complete my degree to enter the teaching profession. It never even crossed my mind that they would make me take a drug test. And I have been through meth withdrawls, and I would rather someone stick me with hot pokers than to go through that again. That is hell, no doubt!!!

Dee
06-16-2006, 01:07 PM
I agree; it will show up within 72 hours. But if it's by prescription it's alright. You just tell the Doc at the Lab & he reports that you pissed clean!

:)
I took 20mg today and I have a drug test coming up soon for my new job. I'm detoxing myself and I need to know if I take one more tonight, will it clean out of system in 3 days or what?! :confused:

Tar_Baby
06-17-2006, 09:52 PM

Methadone doesnt show up as an opiate in drug tests...it shows up as methadone ..so unless your job tests for every pharma drug ( im guessing they dont, unless you are a CDL driver) theyll never know