PDA

View Full Version : If you shot and miss, do you.....

krinkov
07-11-2009, 01:03 AM
If you get a shot all fixed up, get excited to feel the great rush and then miss, what do you do? Assuming you have more dope left, do fix another and shoot again, or do you just wait for it to kick in and save the shot? Or, is there something else you do?

Me, if I have more dope, I will usually fix another. For me, the rush is the best part. After the rush, I just feel normal. So if I miss the rush, it was a wasted experience.

So, what do you do?

Raisin
07-11-2009, 01:37 AM
I get in my time machine and go back and get the shot right. With most short acting opiates, if you get enough to get a rush on the first shot before you realize that you've missed some then the rush of the subsequent shot is going to be diminished because of the double dosing. You'll get the after effects - usually more sedation and more pronounced nod - but the rush of the next shot will be diminished because of the space of dosing.

The question is subjective to where someone is with their habit as well. From reading your posts, you seem to be buying more than a shot or two at a time. someone who is barely maintaining may have to sacrifice the rush in such an instance because of timing of shots; when I was maintaining a good sized habit I usually had a small wake up - usually cottons if I was disciplined enough to save them- and after hustling money for the day, which would usually take most of the day, I would get one good shot in the afternoon and if I was lucky a nightcap.

When I was hustling to get by just getting one good shot a day was a luxury and if I missed it (which was something that I tried like hell not to do) then getting another meant compromising a maintenance shot for some other time in the day. If I had dope to shoot it would depend on how sick I was, how much I had and the availability of more dope and or money.

chopstix
07-11-2009, 02:38 AM
I start a poll asking what everyone else does...

DreamSellerInc
07-11-2009, 02:41 AM
as stix says i would start a poll as i wait for it to kick in, rub it in or somethin.

But i'd definately re-dose soon after. I'm just full of bad ideas though.

God_Albino
07-11-2009, 03:31 AM
dillies, id wait awhile, cause id end up feeling even a total accidental skin pop in 15 minutes anyway, so at least a half hour, more or less. less.

with oxy it doesnt matter, the first shot feels no different than the tenth for me, i barely feel shit from it anyway. i dont really miss much anymore, either i can find a vein or i cant. no more 'here goes nothin' jabs into a random patch hoping to strike hidden underground streams when im fed up mining.

SHELLEY
07-11-2009, 05:13 AM
probably say "fuck" and then do a shot of coke
so i could do another shot of dope and actually feel it

I-Nod
07-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I'd miss the most shots on the back of my hands... so I'd just run them under hot water and wait until the next shot. I'd still feel it (dilaudid), although much weaker.

krinkov
07-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I start a poll asking what everyone else does...

I knew you were a lot like me. :D:p smart ass. :p:D

lotus
07-11-2009, 12:07 PM
back then, if i miss'd i'd stop before anything significant went in. didn't happen often tho - for a girl, i have really big veins and it was always easy to hit...nearly anywhere i wanted.

didn't matter what the drug was, missing hurt to friggen much, or, if by some amazing thing it didn't either the pressure was too much to take or the forming lump made me me feel sick.

i'm a total pussy with pain - i'm talking the weeist little bit not in the vein made me pull the needle out faster than you can say fuk........that, and missing was just a waste.

sigma
07-11-2009, 01:21 PM
if i miss and i have more dope, i def cook another one up. if i dont have another shot i just rub it for awhile and act all pissed off.

SeVeN
07-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I curse. I curse the gods, the day I was born, my ancestors, and myself.

I never really miss a whole shot anymore. You kinda learn to make sure that shit doesn't happen.

bodytec
07-11-2009, 02:03 PM
^^^^
yea i don't really ever miss much because you can feel the plunger get harder to push in when the needle has popped out. if the plunger acts stubborn,and you are pushing easy,you just re-adjust the needle and "pull back the thread" again,see that you are in again and continue. oxy misses hurt,H misses itch,so you'll know if you totally missed without a doubt.
so push in easy and you will have very few mishaps

JTDuffet
07-11-2009, 02:37 PM
The second i start to push in the shot and Im not in, it burns like a mother Fugger! so I stop, pull it out and find another spot to hit.. no need to cook up another shot as I would have only used barly a tench of a ML..

-jt

taj
07-11-2009, 02:41 PM
The second i start to push in the shot and Im not in, it burns like a mother Fugger! so I stop, pull it out and find another spot to hit.. no need to cook up another shot as I would have only used barly a tench of a ML..

-jt

+1

bodytec
07-11-2009, 03:03 PM
probably say "fuck" and then do a shot of coke
so i could do another shot of dope and actually feel it

i hear ya,Shell!
I totally respect and truly admire your "seize the day" attitude,girl.
I see you are movin' and shakin' back down south already.Cool!-gimme a shout

bodytec
07-11-2009, 03:05 PM

-jt

that is EXACTLY what i just said,doofit.

SeVeN
07-11-2009, 03:07 PM
^^^^
yea i don't really ever miss much because you can feel the plunger get harder to push in when the needle has popped out. if the plunger acts stubborn,and you are pushing easy,you just re-adjust the needle and "pull back the thread" again,see that you are in again and continue. oxy misses hurt,H misses itch,so you'll know if you totally missed without a doubt.
so push in easy and you will have very few mishaps

Exactly. I can tell the second the shot started fucking up. Then just usually pull it out a bit and re-register to make sure.

The_Highwayman
07-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I always make sure that I see some good ole blood register before I pushed down, sure there were misfires but they were few and far between...

Chipper
07-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Occasionally I go too far in and push up against the wall of the vein after entering it ... so I pull out a fraction and then continue.

I'm getting more far-sighted as time goes on and rely more on feeling and plunger resistance.

What really helps is to relax. If you're in a bad way and you have some powder, try to snort a little beforehand to stop the panic and shaking. But being calm is the key. Missing can make you very angry at yourself but don't give in to it; anger thickens the blood.

Slow down and try to distract yourself then try again.

The_Highwayman
07-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Occasionally I go too far in and push up against the wall of the vein after entering it ... so I pull out a fraction and then continue.

I'm getting more far-sighted as time goes on and rely more on feeling and plunger resistance.

What really helps is to relax. If you're in a bad way and you have some powder, try to snort a little beforehand to stop the panic and shaking. But being calm is the key. Missing can make you very angry at yourself but don't give in to it; anger thickens the blood.

Slow down and try to distract yourself then try again.

Excellent advice +1

HistoryofMadness
07-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I do... other.. did, anyway...

i hit the closet grab a towel and run hot water over it.

then i massage my arm with a warm towel and let it soak in.

then i wait 30 mins, and if i'm not satisfied, i.e. not sick anymore, THEN i fucking shoot again.

Duckfeet
07-12-2009, 02:38 PM
I just sulk and figure how to get some more...

lord of the pings
07-12-2009, 08:09 PM
If I miss it's usually because I am too sick to hit correctly, or I am shaking too much. The winters suck as well because I am so cold, I cannot see shit. Keep in mind I have always had crappy veins so the cold just adds to it.

Rant aside, I just wait, get well and if I have some more hit a few hours later and enjoy not being sick. If it's a single shot, I curse the day I was born and everything around me, get pissed for a while until I calm down. :p

God_Albino
07-12-2009, 08:52 PM
when youre mining in uncharted spots, specially legs, and you go down too far, start to pull out and get a gush in, thats a pickle. ill slowly push in watching to see if the skin swells at all, about half the time it works, half the time i think ive shishkabobed the vein and its mostly wasted if not a total miss.

ugh i hate that, you know something great's there, but just cant find the angle or wreck it upon discovery like an archaeologist smashing a pickaxe through a rare fossil, shiiiit.

djbrutis
07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
i'm not a shooter, but how can one miss if one pulls back on the plunger to register blood?? i just figured that was a required step before a shot? that's what I would do! but obviously it happens, so there must be a reason behind this!

anyone care to answer?

nick
07-13-2009, 05:18 PM
i'm not a shooter, but how can one miss if one pulls back on the plunger to register blood?? i just figured that was a required step before a shot? that's what I would do! but obviously it happens, so there must be a reason behind this!

anyone care to answer?

Just because you get a plume of blood doesn't mean you're in.You could have gone through the vein or if it's a vein you've used a lot it could be registering blood pooled around the vein.Then when you drop the torniquet you can lose the vein or if you push the plunger in too fast or.......many ways to lose or miss a vein.

I don't even go on drawing blood back any more- I go on how much pressure it takes to push the plunger in.

jack-a-roe
07-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Just because you get a plume of blood doesn't mean you're in.You could have gone through the vein or if it's a vein you've used a lot it could be registering blood pooled around the vein.Then when you drop the torniquet you can lose the vein or if you push the plunger in too fast or.......many ways to lose or miss a vein.

I don't even go on drawing blood back any more- I go on how much pressure it takes to push the plunger in.

I agree totally plunger pressure will tell you where you are at. I hate missing it doesn't happen to me very often any more but if i do and have more i'll fire up another and re-do.

nycjrt
07-13-2009, 11:30 PM

saddest/most depressing post i ever read:( - hits too close to home.

krinkov
07-13-2009, 11:33 PM
saddest/most depressing post i ever read:( - hits too close to home.

Yup. So sadly true. :(

Raisin
07-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Oops sorry about that.

Raisin
07-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Somewhere I crossed a line in my addiction that I don't know if I'll ever be able to get back on the other side of. Whenever I pick up now I'm eventually going to end up at that point that Chopstix nailed with the remark about diminished returns. I've always had nice veins and usually try to rotate where I'm hitting but eventually the shots get closer and closer together and I get more and more careless as the returns diminish until I'm at a point where I start having to poke around and next thing you know I'm pissed off and trying not to waste a shot. This is usually where I get frustrated and say fuck it and end up tearing myself up. I'm always telling myself that every shot is my last and when it gets to the point that I can no longer bullshit myself about it I can feel pretty hopeless. Just gotta keep getting up and getting back on the horse...or not.

Citrus
08-15-2009, 03:16 PM

anyone care to answer?

I wanted to point out.. For me anyways, most of the time I miss a shot, its when Im nearing the end of the road. And what I mean by that is, I am pretty much on the brink of W/Ding. Also, normally when I'm at this point, and trying to fix up a shot, my hands will sweat and SHAKE profusely, making it hard to cook the shot in general, as well as register into your vein.

Just thought I should point that out.

[QUICK VERSION: Sick individuals may miss a shot because they are sick & shakey, or nervous/excited to get the shot IN, therefore shaking a little bit. Its hard to be precise with cold clamy sweaty hands as you are shaking, parkinsons syle, no offense.]

Nu Jerzey Devil
08-25-2009, 11:27 PM
It depends on how much I have left... If i have a lot left and can afford to than obviously I am going to lock and load for another shot, this also applies if I am sick, if I am sick I am going to get well and it is going to happen as quick as it can.

If I do not have a lot left and have to wait to cop again, I can generally exercise enough will power to wait. I will tell myself the rush won't be as good, or i'll only have to wait a little while more to do the next one, that sort of thing.

Whether or not I am low on dope or have just gotten a bundle, missing the shot sucks no matter how you look at it.

sweetheat
08-26-2009, 04:30 PM
It depends on what shot of the day it is. If it's the morning shot, I always fix up another one that's not as big as the one I missed, but enough that I will get a decent rush. I will also re-do if it's my bedtime shot, that is my biggest one besides the morning shot so it will last me through the night so I can sleep and not wake up 4 hours later sick. I hate when I have to fix up mid sleep just so I can get some rest, it always makes me feel pretty damn low and junkie like.

Dirt McGirt
08-26-2009, 05:00 PM
I hate when I have to fix up mid sleep just so I can get some rest, it always makes me feel pretty damn low and junkie like.

Been there and fuck yes it does!

FlapJack
08-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Generally no not if it's not that bad and I only missed part of the shot. But if it's a really bad miss with a mountain of wasted dope under my skin and I missed the rush completely I'll go nuts trying to fix another before too much gets absorbed and I wont be able to get a rush. I went through a bit of a period where I was missing alot and didn't have many veins to choose from but I got a proper tourniquette from the needle exchange and it works much much better I miss very rarely now and never the whole shot. before it just took me so long to find a vein when I would and miss I'd be so frustrated I'd want to lie to myself that I'm in when I'm really not. which of course just led to more frustration.

Uncle Wiggly
08-27-2009, 02:34 PM
When I shoot and miss I immediately chamber another round and take another shot before the fucker can get out of range. :D j/k

zer0sleep
08-30-2009, 02:57 PM
If I have more dope I will immediately fix another shot. If I don't rush, I don't get anything out of it anymore (I just feel normal).

ka11ink
08-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Possible misses are why I like using almost a full .5 cc rig. I know some people like to use the smallest amount of water <30ml, but when you've got 60-80 in there and you miss 10ml that's a far less percentage of the total dope than if you had used a tiny bit of water.

euphoricontin17
08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I've never missed, considering I just started shooting about 3 weeks ago. But in the event that I did, If it was dope I'd probably just enjoy the skin pop. On the other hand if it was dilaudid, I'd be scrambling like no-other-mother-fucker to load that spike and get it home, before the rush would be unattainable. The reason for that is 1. because the dilaudid rush is what I live for ( literally, it's my reason for waking up everyday although i don't shoot everyday, the memories keep me going during the mean time ) and 2. because I don't really get anything BESIDES the rush with dilaudid unless I shoot rediculous amounts at least over 40mgs and I just can't afford regular 40mg+ shots of D.

On a side note though, not to steal the thread, I find it interesting that I can attain a rush w/ no legs for only about 16mg's but I can actually get a high ( yes a real high which dilaudid is infamous for NOT having ) if I shoot anything over 40mgs. It's strange because after that threshhold, I'll get a full 6 hour high whereas under it, after the rush, I feel normal no sedation or anything.

EDIT: just for the record I want to let everyone know ( not being sarcastic or trying to be a troll at all, I promise ) It is indeed possible for one's life to improve by starting to shoot up. I know people say " no one has ever said " the day i picked up the needle, my life got a whole lot better " well, I am saying that. Maybe not from a subjective stand point, but since I started shooting, I have NEVER in my life been more happy just to be alive, on a planet where anything is possible, where it is possible to sing with angels and escape the pain of everyday even if it's just for one small moment. i have never experienced that before and the needle showed me that. I know many will say that I just have not had my fair-share of pain from addiction yet, and yes I am sure I will have much more. But in my opinion shooting up opened my mind to a whole new set of POSSIBILITIES and I am thankful for that. I just don't shoot very frequently so as to keep it this way. I don't want it to lose that magic and I restrain myself to make sure it does not. Sorry to get off topic but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

LovemRx
08-31-2009, 07:26 PM
When I first started using I'd just fix another then shoot again, but shit man, how do you miss an ENTIRE shot? You gotta be plunging that needle down FAST to do that...try doing a lil bit to see if your in then pull back make sure your still in then drive it home. Probably not gonna do anything telling you what to do I'm sure you know by now but I'm just saying for the sake of saving you some money (I've noticed you got quite a fucking habit :p ). Take it easy, krinkov.

Nu Jerzey Devil
09-16-2009, 09:09 PM
I've never missed, considering I just started shooting about 3 weeks ago. But in the event that I did, If it was dope I'd probably just enjoy the skin pop. On the other hand if it was dilaudid, I'd be scrambling like no-other-mother-fucker to load that spike and get it home, before the rush would be unattainable. The reason for that is 1. because the dilaudid rush is what I live for ( literally, it's my reason for waking up everyday although i don't shoot everyday, the memories keep me going during the mean time ) and 2. because I don't really get anything BESIDES the rush with dilaudid unless I shoot rediculous amounts at least over 40mgs and I just can't afford regular 40mg+ shots of D.

On a side note though, not to steal the thread, I find it interesting that I can attain a rush w/ no legs for only about 16mg's but I can actually get a high ( yes a real high which dilaudid is infamous for NOT having ) if I shoot anything over 40mgs. It's strange because after that threshhold, I'll get a full 6 hour high whereas under it, after the rush, I feel normal no sedation or anything.

EDIT: just for the record I want to let everyone know ( not being sarcastic or trying to be a troll at all, I promise ) It is indeed possible for one's life to improve by starting to shoot up. I know people say " no one has ever said " the day i picked up the needle, my life got a whole lot better " well, I am saying that. Maybe not from a subjective stand point, but since I started shooting, I have NEVER in my life been more happy just to be alive, on a planet where anything is possible, where it is possible to sing with angels and escape the pain of everyday even if it's just for one small moment. i have never experienced that before and the needle showed me that. I know many will say that I just have not had my fair-share of pain from addiction yet, and yes I am sure I will have much more. But in my opinion shooting up opened my mind to a whole new set of POSSIBILITIES and I am thankful for that. I just don't shoot very frequently so as to keep it this way. I don't want it to lose that magic and I restrain myself to make sure it does not. Sorry to get off topic but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

No offense, but you're an idiot for starting on the needle (as was I when I started), and NOT listening to people on this board. Now I don't even know why I am bothering to tell you this because it is OBVIOUS that you aren't going to listen, but as you said you are only shooting up once in a while so you keep these magical mystical possibilities or whatever, but I will bet you that in a month or so you will be shooting up all of the time and it will be the only ROA that you use. You may FEEL like you have never been more happy to be alive, but when you are in serious withdrawal from a hard IV diluadid or dope haibt, you are going to wish you were dead. I am sorry to come off as a dick, and I do realize it is absolutely pointless to try to get you to stop or warn you, but there is a reason that almost every person that IVs opiates tells you this! It is not some glorious magical club that you opened a door too or that we try to keep secret, NO it will only lead to bad things.

Why did you start doing this!?!? Wow the drugs have you by the balls if you are saying things like you're life is sooo much better because you started using opioids intravenously. Just give it time buddy jut give it time.
Oh and BTW heres a little advice, even though that's great that you can feel some legs off of 40mgs of Dilaudid, I would not recommend continuing this because it will jack your tolerance up sooo high that you will not be able to enjoy the opioids you once were able too unless you spend a shitload of money to buy large amounts to get high. I speak from experience.

Well like I said, I am sorry to sound like a dick, but it just bothers me when people start using the needle and especially when they don't see how it could be harmful. It's pretty fucking naive (n00b) to think that this is going to better your life, because unless you have an unlimited supply of free opioids or are filthy rich... it's probably going to do the opposite at some point. But hey, what do we know right???? We aren't you and we aren't invincible or immune to negative aspects of drug addiction like some people. Right?

farmpkm
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
since I started shooting, I have NEVER in my life been more happy just to be alive, on a planet where anything is possible, where it is possible to sing with angels and escape the pain of everyday even if it's just for one small moment..

I don't doubt that you genuinely feel that way... we all did. And if you stop now, that sentiment would probably hold true.

But... if you continue using I assure you that your miserable life before dope was better than your miserable life on dope. I'm in the process of finding this out. Pretty soon those angels start singing the "Macarena" and you'd do anything just to get them to stop.

Oakleyskier
10-11-2009, 12:04 AM
just did this, and i'm doing my wake up now because im a greedy fuck. oh well more reason to take my suboxone in the morning.

oh yeah, i trusted a friend and got beat for it today, first time in mad long i've been beat since i usually see my hooks or go to my own corners oh well thats what you get for trusting a fellow junky, even if its your boy. not fucking cool, i got beat but it was free anyway (pinched bags) but my friend got 10 of these bitches for 100 bucks through my buddy (not sure were gonna be budies after this)

but what can i say, in the junky life, we all have our ups and downs.

30_Units
10-11-2009, 12:59 AM
man, back in the day, I'd do so much stupid shit-really wrecked my left arm for it...muscling crack and white vinegar cuz my veins were so constricted I was just doing the through+through, getting frustrated and just saying fuckit and pushing dialudid tablets under my skin (backloaded), fuckin having horrible technique just all around.

Anymore, I don't miss. Tar lets you know if it's leaking, and I find that the patience in finding the flag, staying with it, and finding it again when it fucks up, is much much more worth the time and desperation than just saying fuckit, and ruining my arms and dope. My right arm is happy for it. And I've got the median cubital and cephalic and basilic veins whereas the median and basilic in my left arm are totally gone.

RifRaf
10-27-2009, 02:45 AM
If I miss my shot I keep going until I hit again. If, for some reason, I registered and then slipped out of the vein or punctured through it and I continue to miss until I can barely see the shot anymore and my entire rig is filled with blood I either put a tiny air bubble in the rig or what I have been doing lately when I have the time to wait is to put the cap back on, tip my rig so that after an hour or two the blood pools up at the bottom and then try and shoot out any of the clots and save as much of the drug as I can and then dig in again. When I first started banging I would miss 5 or 6 times in a row before I could get anything and I never understood why some people just give up, what do you do after that? Put the liquid into a baby feeder and stick her up your ass, I guess?

Chemical_Boy
10-27-2009, 08:02 AM
If it is dope only, I just go with it and wait for it to kick in. I like shooting coke, so the rush from dope is not all that impressive to me.

If I am shooting coke, I prep another one right away. I VERY RARELY miss. I can tell with dope almost right away cuz usually it stings and I always watch- if you see a bump, just stop.

Coke is a little easier to miss with cuz it doesn't sting...

The last shot I missed was a speedball. What a waste of good coke. I knew the dope would kick in the same, btu I needed that coke rush... So I immediately prepped a shot of just pure coke. While doing so, I could feel the coke from the other shot start to kick in. It was much like doing a line....

Schwip
10-27-2009, 07:13 PM
.......usually involves a lot of cursing.

Then, if I have enough, I fix another one up. After putting a warm compress on the missed shot for a bit to help it 'soak' in.

The worst is when you miss your ONLY shot and you really really wanted instant relief.........

RifRaf
10-27-2009, 07:37 PM
.......usually involves a lot of cursing.

Then, if I have enough, I fix another one up. After putting a warm compress on the missed shot for a bit to help it 'soak' in.

The worst is when you miss your ONLY shot and you really really wanted instant relief.........

Missing your only shot is a bitch, one of the worst feelings especially if you're sick and you cooked up a lot of $$$ worth. If I miss I can either feel it so I stop (just missed with Suboxone about 5 minutes before posting this and that shit itches worse than OC) or if I am not sure I take it out and go again until I hit, I usually never just push off if I feel like I am not in or don't register/vacuum pull.