PDA

View Full Version : clinics dosing and missed days

05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
ive been going to the clinic since the beginning of march. i was up to a hundred mgs but i before today i diddnt go there since friday. when i went today they said since i missed so many days they have to drop me to 50 mgs so i dont od which is stupid since the bags i was doing are alot stronger than done. im actually happy at this dose since done doesnt really hold me anyway (i still get sweats rls sneezing fits etc). the lower dose holds me as well as the higher one but i dont feel so sedated. on top of that at this dose when i get bags they actually do something. do all clinics do this or is it just mine? im actually pretty lucky cause i thought after three days not showing you get thrown off but i found out its five and if you call thats good enough. anyone else miss four or more days at their clinic? what did they say? ive been trying to only go every other day so but my consouler is getting tired of lecturing me about my commitment and sounds like she wants me off the program early. oh well im rambling now...

runormal
05-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Mine has a 3 day policy but a phone call will suffice.

Just wondering: did you get on methadone to try and stop using?

05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
yeah i did that is my plan im just really good at convincing myself its ok to get a couple bundles every couple days.

bill1234
05-28-2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah if you miss days, they will always drop your dose... "so you dont od" yeah its a joke but thats probably how it is at about all clinics... im sure its a federal rule or something.

Chipper
05-28-2009, 02:32 AM
IME, down here, miss three days and you're gone. Kicked out ... that's what they told me in the last place I was at.

lotus
05-28-2009, 02:37 AM
i think 3 days is a universal thing.

tho o.d's can and do happen, i've always had a sneaking suspicion that it has more to do with preventing program abuse. that rate at which too many of us would only bother to show once or twice a week is too high...and there are too many people out there who are desperate for help and can't get it.

30_Units
05-28-2009, 10:04 AM
^word

It was three days gone for a dose-drop- of 30mg, and they cut it down more for more days gone. they raised it 10mg a day until you were back @dose.

Five days for kick-off, unless it was say, hospital visit or approved vacation.

runormal
05-28-2009, 10:46 AM
yeah i did that is my plan im just really good at convincing myself its ok to get a couple bundles every couple days.

ahh that can be tricky... Ideally they can get get your dose right where the cravings don't come, but giving up the life overnight isn't easy.

My clinic director told me there are plenty of people at our place that stick at 40mg a day - of they can find dope then they'll use and if they can't then hopefully they won't be sick and out doing something to make a quick buck, whatever. They are very big on the harm reduction ... seems cool.

SHELLEY
05-28-2009, 04:12 PM
at my clinic it was 5 days
you didn't get kicked out, but you got dropped to half your dose
and you also had to pay a "re-registration fee" of $50
actually the sign said "re re-registration" which i found hilarious for some reason
maybe its because i always went in there stoned :)

IceCold
05-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Last summer I missed 11 days at my clinic. They dropped me to 75% of my dose which wasn't that high anyway b/c I was doing tons of dope at that time also. Now at my clinic if anyone misses four days or more. They have to register all over again and start at no more than 30mg again.

06-01-2009, 07:45 AM
one thing ive noticed since i started this thread is i decided to keep my dose at sixty instead of going back up to 100 now i wake up feeling shity every day, not full blown w/d but just bad enough to make the clinic a priority. if i miss one day now though im in full blown w/d by the next morning and i dont go to the clinic till 3pm so that is pretty good incentive not to skip days. also i havent bought bags since the second day of my dose change and dont crave them but ive been banging coke like its goin out of style.i mean almost a ball of "raw" a day between me and my old lady. i did miss the day after the day i went back cause i couldnt pee so they wouldnt dose me and the next day was the first time in a long time i got to remember what w/ds are really all about.