PDA

View Full Version : You shoot crack? Check this out (mildly graphic)

chopstix
05-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Awhile ago there was some discussion here about the pros and cons of certain acids used to break crack down into an injectable solution. I mentioned that someone I know has *severe* damage from using vinegar but a few peeps didn't seem to believe that vinegar was any worse than other acids; wrong - it's a fucking horrible acid to use to break down crack, people like to use it because it's very effective for dissolving the rock, but missing can be extremely harmful to tissue and here's a few pics to show what I was talking about - hung out with this guy for a bit last night, I don't see him very often but had my camera w/ me and figured I'd take and post up a few pics.

Maybe this will keep someone else from doing this kind of damage to themselves..

This damage is NINE years old, he says most of the abscesses happened within just a few weeks and began immediately after he switched from lemon juice to vinegar. Lemon juice is also dangerous due to bacteria that live in lemons (I also know someone who became diabetic @ 22 from the sugar in the LJ he was shooting all day long), citric is really best if you insist on shooting crack - personally I'd rather just smoke it if Ima do it at all..

Anyway, yeah - dude is about 40, otherwise healthy, a long, long time junky but looking at his arms you would never know, legs are a different story. He was the frontman and song writer for a great band from the late 80s in Seattle, great guy but this is some fucking gnarly shit. The swollen, discolored foot isn't from fixing there, it's from to the damage to his calf..

Fucking nasty, huh?? Don't shoot fucking vinegar please, use citric even if it takes a couple more minutes to prep. He said his wife caught him after he started using vinegar and claimed she had been wondering why he suddenly started smelling like pickles..

chemiKalz
05-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Holy shit man, I'v shot cocaine, and smoked crack, but never injected crack, I'm glad.

That iS GNARLY tissue damage.

chopstix
05-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Holy shit man, I'v shot cocaine, and smoked crack, but never injected crack, I'm glad.

That iS GNARLY tissue damage.

Yeah, and the fact that those are almost ten years old just blows me away.

I used to break down and IV rock on occasion, but it was never as good as booting the soft and it's a pain to break it down into a solution.. Just smoke the shit if rocks are your gig..

Raz
05-23-2009, 11:41 PM
some guy i used to know died in seville out here from fixin crack.....Major case of septasemia....

Fixin crack is just bad news man.....

Uncle Wiggly
05-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, and the fact that those are almost ten years old just blows me away.

I used to break down and IV rock on occasion, but it was never as good as booting the soft and it's a pain to break it down into a solution.. Just smoke the shit if rocks are your gig..

Chops, That's sad man. Words totally fail me right now. Some of those areas are so necrotic looking that I doubt they'll ever heal beyond their present state. Hell, he's lucky to have flesh covering some of those places. This should be a sticky.

Usually I have more to say when some one posts something so important but these pics really do speak a thousand frightening words. Thanks to you and your friend.

Brony
05-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Wow. That should (hopefully) make anyone think twice before booting crack.

SHELLEY
05-24-2009, 02:26 PM
shooting crack always made my hand/arm/foot sting
even if i didn't miss a single fucking drop
i'd smoke the crack and shoot the coke, much more fun that way
fucking with lemons from the mexican bar (the only thing open at 3am) was lame as shit

Shadowsblaze
05-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Fuck he's falling apart at the seams. Yea those sores on the shin could cause infection in the bone theres no flesh to speak of there. I hope their old, but even a cut there with the scar tissue could lead to infection and the loss of a leg. His self care leaves something to be desired.

chopstix
05-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Fuck he's falling apart at the seams. Yea those sores on the shin could cause infection in the bone theres no flesh to speak of there. I hope their old, but even a cut there with the scar tissue could lead to infection and the loss of a leg. His self care leaves something to be desired.

Try reading the post next time, those are 9 year old scars; dude's had his shit together and been stable on 'done for years..

And ya, his "self care" was literally hope-to-die if you can call that "care."

Deadfiend
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Note: Crack Is to smoke...
Power is to use by nose or shot......
Only do these thiss where people that know what they are doing.......

chopstix
06-10-2009, 10:41 PM
3. Postinggg on PCP isss nopt so good.

God_Albino
06-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Deadfiend. Up until this point, I'd just been taking the rocks and inserting them into my asshole (everyone's always talking about plugging around here, ive been giving it a shot but it hasn't been doing much.) I'll try your method and report back in a few!

HistoryofMadness
06-12-2009, 12:20 PM
shit man the whole point of crack is to make it smoke-able. if you know what you're doing, smoking it is just as effective as booting. notice I didn't say 'good' because crack is whack.

yes i went there. sorry.

dharma bum
07-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I went through a short-lived crack phase in Nashville. My place to pick up was a hotel room and they were breaking down their crack to shoot...I always smoked....after work. Then I looked around at all these folks and they seemed to not have a soul when you looked them in the eye.

I found a oxy and dilauded (didn't iv then) hook-up and never thought about crack again.

Talk about diminishing returns. Crack addicts are down for some major pain. They must be very masochistic.

Nine years old!!! Damn.

And I would be lying if I said I didn't want to know who said front-man is...I bet he's got some stories and lost many,many friends to smack.

DCBA
07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Unfortannaly because the law of demand and suply the cocaine shooters here are mostly crack shooters... They all know its bad and a lot more bad than IVing clean cocaine HCl.. but its more available and potent buying that way here.

I too have smelled like pickles but for H, i thought i was stronger with vinegar and it was for me at least.. placebo or better solubility i dont know..

Deadfiend
07-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Note: Crack Is to smoke...
Power is to use by nose or shot......
Only do these this where people that know what they are doing.......

Wow I don't remember posting that at all, lol, oh well.....

dharma bum
07-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow I don't remember posting that at all, lol, oh well.....

Shit, do you remember cursing at Brony, Raz and all the others? Gawd you was wild...

Lu_cid
07-17-2009, 02:13 AM
Christ man thats fuck'd! i dont think ill ever be trying that, though i have thought about it.

DreamSellerInc
07-17-2009, 10:39 PM
I was staying somewhere a few years back for a week or so. And the man who owned the house, full of children and nastiness, finally came back on the third day from a crack binge to buy some klonopins from a Swimmer.

I noticed a huge nasty red "Requiem for a Dream" abscess running from under his chin to his shirtline. Later I asked about it, they said he bought a buncha crack in the mornin and shot it up all day.

It really freaked me out someone would do this to themselves. I started shooting coke a year later. :cool:

EleusisII
07-17-2009, 10:51 PM
i'd smoke the crack and shoot the coke, much more fun that way
fucking with lemons from the mexican bar (the only thing open at 3am) was lame as shit

That you and Duckfeet are alive after some of the shit you guys pulled is, frankly... I don't know what the fuck it is. It's like a plane crashing, and you guys emerging from the charred and twisted remains, whistling a tune and a smile on your face.

zketrouble
08-19-2009, 03:23 AM
I hate to waste bandwidth repeating what many have said:

Smoke crack, shoot/snort coke.

zketrouble
08-19-2009, 03:23 AM
And I forgot to agree: Yes, fuckin nasty shit.

odd
10-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Unfortannaly because the law of demand and suply the cocaine shooters here are mostly crack shooters... They all know its bad and a lot more bad than IVing clean cocaine HCl.. but its more available and potent buying that way here.

I too have smelled like pickles but for H, i thought i was stronger with vinegar and it was for me at least.. placebo or better solubility i dont know..

Serious question. Why would someone shoot crack? Why not just bang coke? I really doubt banging crack gives any type of different high vs going with powered coke. I mean the only reason you rock up coke is to smoke it.

edit: pretty much what everyone else said. I posted a comment before reading the whole thing.

Morphus
10-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Serious question. Why would someone shoot crack? Why not just bang coke? I really doubt banging crack gives any type of different high vs going with powered coke. I mean the only reason you rock up coke is to smoke it.

edit: pretty much what everyone else said. I posted a comment before reading the whole thing.

cause sometimes all you can get is crack.

king
10-30-2009, 08:03 AM

king
10-30-2009, 08:12 AM
I use to shoot crack and have scars just as bad on my legs, shins, etc. The best way I ever found was to just give up the shit all together as absess's after absess's were fucking me up. And I liked to wear shorts at one time.
so the best thing was to just quite shooting it and starting smoking it like it was meant to be. I've looked after my legs the best I could and they still look like shit but not as bad when I was covered with absess's. I put cream on them two to three times a day and that seems to help. It's funny because my arms don't have a mark on them and I can pass for a square john now with new teeth and a hair cut. But as soon as I wear shorts I give myself away. So I have to wear long shorts and socks to cover up the mess I did to myself. CRACK ISN'T MADE FOR SHOOTING. JUST GET POWDER.

More Feen
10-30-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't doubt that there are better acids to use than vinegar, but:

After bubbling-off the bicarb, and dissolving the coke, they should CAREFULLY add a small amount of bicarb (again) to pH their solution to at least 5.5 (not sure what pH will precipitate coke)--they need to stay below that level.

Crack Solution: pH ~ 9 (assuming),
Dissolve in Vinegar: pH 2.5 (use White Vinegar, not Apple Brown!!)
Add a pinch of bicarb: pH 4.0
Add another pinch: pH: 5.5

A pH of 5.5--6.5 should be suitable for injection. Again, I don't know at what pH coke will ppt, but its probably more than 7.5.

If you don't know how to pH (no meter or test strips) use your mouth (taste a drop of your solution). If its really fucking sour, pH is ~2 or 3, after pinches of bicarb, solution should still be TART, but not crazy sour.

Missing a vein with a solution that is pH 5.5 or 6 will cause less damage than one with a pH of 3. The damage you see in those pictures is likely due to "digestion" dissolving/denaturing of a person's tissues (not a good thing). Spider & some Snake venoms do exactly the same thing.

Use a 0.2um filter wheel !

M F

rdj
06-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I shot some crack just the other day, dissolved using ascorbic and citric acid on different occasions. The idea of using raw lemon juice or vinegar sounds fucking insane.

Woody Bear
06-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Ascorbic acid and citric acid are the best acids to use for dissolving crack. Lemon juice or vinegar are dangerous to use, as fungus infecting the lemon skins can cause blindness if it's injected. And vinegar causes terrible tissue death.

Citric acid is still very concentrated, and it's very easy to lower the pH too much, so ascorbic acid is the best choice. But if you can't get either of those, then Kool-aid drink packets contain enough citric acid to work, and it's more dilute then pure citric acid, so you'd be less likely to over shoot and add too much.

Nagelfar
08-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Does sodium bicarbonate, that is used to make cocaine freebase, remain in the acid solution used to protonate, and cause trouble when main-lining also? I'm figuring that may cause particulate embolism.

chopstix
08-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Does sodium bicarbonate, that is used to make cocaine freebase, remain in the acid solution used to protonate, and cause trouble when main-lining also? I'm figuring that may cause particulate embolism.

Not to my knowledge, tmk bicarb and water, then acidified would produce table salt as a by product, but don't quote me on that.

edit: It's REALLY too bad that the pix got poofed in the hax, migration or whatever - they really made quite a statement in this thread.

When I get a chance, I'll see if they're still around.

Dr. McKay
09-04-2011, 06:19 AM
I hate crack.
That shit fucked up my life bigtime years back.
It took about 7 years to get my life back in order !
It made me loose everything !
Damn nasty stuff!

lightspeed
09-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I had a friend who was extremely good about knowing how to shoot about any kind of drug that was shootable. (shootable is not actually a word?)

Once desperate he went to the bathroom with nothing but a rock, a can, a rig and purple koolaid...somehow he got it to work....I was hoping to see his veins turn purple, but no such luck, and he got high...indeed he did.

I just prefer the old megablast in a stem, but I haven't the luck of smoking crack in 2 years...

Dr. McKay
09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
i'd like to see the pic but for some reason any pics on here wont load that you guys post.
I can see avatars, but no thumnail pics for some reason.
I would really like to see that pic though!

Spork
09-15-2011, 02:10 PM
The pics are gone, chops was going to reupload them but he never got around to it.

reddragon3668
09-15-2011, 03:44 PM
I couldn't get to the pics, but I have a real life acquaintance (wouldn't call him a friend) that is doing the same shit. My next door neighbor is a kinda weird religious man, he gets prisoners out of a local minimum custody camp and takes them to church, makes them help mow the grass and what not. He took one out about five years ago and they built a relationship. The man had served allot of time.. he was from this area. He was released and he kept coming to neighbor's house and attends the church faithfully. But, he's crazy.. every Sunday, he's either fucked up on his own pills, or begging me...

Anyways, he shoots crack, breaks it down with vinegar all the time. He's been in hospital at least 3 times in the last 2 months because of missing shots in his legs. Even though he's got tracks everywhere, he still leaves with a RX for Roxi's or whatnot. Don't know how he does that... I'm not sure the doctors know why his legs are the way they are.. seems like it would be obvious... But yeah, he pulled his pants leg up one day recently and I almost vomited. He's over 60... I keep telling him that there's a methadone clinic less than 2 miles from where he's standing. Tomorrow might a good day to visit.. sometimes, you just got to really look at the shit you are sitting in and get the fuck out, if you can... which I fully understand, is easier said than done! But when your legs are rotting from missing shots and you keep shooting... there's a serious problem, eh?

...I mentioned that someone I know has *severe* damage from using vinegar but a few peeps didn't seem to believe that vinegar was any worse than other acids; wrong - it's a fucking horrible acid to use to break down crack, people like to use it because it's very effective for dissolving the rock, but missing can be extremely harmful to tissue and here's a few pics to show what I was talking about - hung out with this guy for a bit last night, I don't see him very often but had my camera w/ me and figured I'd take and post up a few pics.

chopstix
09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I'd re post the pix if I still had them..

@dude - it's not that uncommon to use kool-aid to break down a base to shoot - I wouldn't ever do it, but people do..

Spork
09-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Well clearly if you give yourself a subcuteanous vinegar injection, you are going to have tissue digestion and necrosis.

makita
06-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Missing a vein with a solution that is pH 5.5 or 6 will cause less damage than one with a pH of 3. The damage you see in those pictures is likely due to "digestion" dissolving/denaturing of a person's tissues (not a good thing). Spider & some Snake venoms do exactly the same thing.

Use a 0.2um filter wheel !

M F

This thread has been a huge eyeopener even though I couldn't see the pics. I haven't shot speedballs in years, but when I did (BTH + powder coke) I experienced in a relatively short period of time one of the most serious necrotic infections I've ever had. I was plenty familiar with regular abscesses at this point: this was something else. It ate away at my flesh and turned my forearms into deep black craters.

Drs never gave me a satisfactory explanation as to what caused it, since it wasnt flesh eating bacteria or anything like that. When I'd do a new shot in a new place, the blackness would start almost immediately (regardless whether I was shooting into open flesh or closed skin. It looked exactly the way snake and spider bites look.

The gave me some line about the coke eating at my skin (which I thought was made worse by reduced circulation from losing veins during the 7 years using before that). But based on the above: maybe it was just the Ph of the solution, the acid eating away at my flesh (and the numbing by the coke making it less painful)? Is it possible that if I'd added a little bicarb to the mix to bring it back down to neutral Ph, it would have not happened?

chopstix
06-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Not only possible, but likely..

As Wiggs mentioned, you'd wanna keep the ph probably just slightly on the acidic side - small pinches of bi-carb to the point where it's about to stop fizzing (lil pinch, stir a bit, lil pinch, etc..) should be right around 6.5ish..

The pictures truly did make your average NASTY STINKY ASS abscess seem pretty tame..

gnossos
12-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Ah, good 'ol rock shots... I remember those days. Not long ago at all in fact. I can thank crack for the only time I've ever had to go the hospital over drugs, not to mention other various minor complications. Luckily I guess I wised up and dialed down on the crack, reserving my rigs mainly for downers lately.

I had no idea Kool-Aid would dissolve it too... good to know. I always hated using vinegar. I liked the way the lemon juice taste would come with the rush.. never had too many problems with it stinging like the vinegar either.

And I just have to mention, to those talking about bi-carbs and pH's when dissolving crack... let's be real here, if you're shooting crack you don't give a shit about those kinds of things man. Still, good info on here. Definitely strengthens my aversion to using vinegar in my prep methods. Guess I'd be better off with the Kool-Aid if I have to choose between the two.

P.S. To those saying that crack isn't made for shooting and to just stick to coke: It's a back up plan, *d'oh*. I don't think anyone would choose crack over coke when looking to cop... Actually I retract that statement. It may seem weird to most, but around these parts I think I would take the hard over the soft, even if given the choice. This is only because I tend to get ripped off so much more with the powder than with crack. I get decent hard about 75-80% of the time, while the powder's only good maybe 40% of the time... for real. I get ripped off with powder more often than I actually get the real deal. So fuck it.

herm1t
03-14-2013, 08:07 AM
The pictures are gone can anyone post them again? The post is kinda pointless without them, not worth the sticky without them.

Zoops
12-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Good thread. I think the main thing here is that IF you are going to shoot crack, you need to take care and do it correctly, which requires some finesse at least, or some very basic understanding of chemistry and microbiology, which most people lack (both of them).

But really it's a needle fixation because smoking a drug is way more direct way of getting intoxicated than intravenous injection of the same drug. This is because when a drug is smoked, it goes directly from the lungs to the heart to the brain. When a drug is IV'd, it first must make its way to the heart, then get pumped into the lungs so that blood can be oxygenated, and then pumped back into the heart, and then to the brain and the rest of the body.

And the fact that cocaine is a powerful vasoconstrictor, it is not surprising to me if anyone that IV's coke in any form has some severe necrotic lesions from missed shots, just due to the nature of the drug itself.