PDA

View Full Version : kratom use

jacky
11-20-2004, 01:58 PM
while different batches of kratom differ in potency, I have found all of the samples tested in the last year as active. I have been researching this plant for about three years. with the recent stuff going around I find 10 grams to be sufficient when brewed as a tea. the brewed leaf material should be saved and re-extracted up to 2 times after initial brewing.the only drawback to doing this is that if you brew up several batches of already extracted material it is quite hard to try and figure the dosage. the most extreme dysphoric experiences I have had with kratom are when brewing up multitude already extracted leaves, and then consuming the whole. lime juice or vinegar helps. when consuming the leaf material whole, I have found it to be sometimes dysphoric. I only do this method when lazy or when out and about. looking back on all my use of this plant I notice that with kratom more is not usually better, the plant seems to create negative effects like dizziness when trying to push the envelope. I prefer to consume other herbs with kratom to try and potentiate euphoria rather than redosing on kratom.

jacky
11-20-2004, 02:04 PM
some data on opiate use has shown that morphine and codeine will increase dexterity and mental capacity, too a point of course. other types of opiates tested may or may not do this. darvon and methadone do not increase dexterity. my experiences with kratom at higher doses lead me to believe that the chemicals contained can have limiting effects on dexterity and mental process. I experience dizziness, nausea and the need to close my eyes to the light. with high doses of codeine or morphine if I get nausea it is not usually coupled with dizziness, I just need to sit down, but still ahve a mental drive to keep my eyes open and focus on things around me. this probably has to do with morphines role in the brain as a focusing agent. morphine enforces learning, attention and retrieving of learned information. morphine can increase the performance of mathematical problem solving.

jacky
11-20-2004, 02:12 PM
the point of this thread is that I find kratom to be an amazing additional pharmacopioid tool. but it has its limits. when consuming tobacco with morphine and codeine I usually experience positive effect. with kratom I AVOID nicotine, as I just get dizzy type headrushes and nausea. I use herbs like bacopa, withania somnifera, rhodiola rosea, and corydalis in conjunction with kratom, or later, to potentiate effects. I do this also with any other opioids. on a daily basis. I am currently researching a list of over twenty different herbs that have reports of interaction with naloxone that point to possible opiate agonism. most of these herbs are commercially avialable. the ones that are not I think will be easier to source sooner than later.

ophizzle
02-08-2005, 03:28 AM
why do you avoid nicotine i love to smoke cigaretes when i take oxys

peacefulwarrior
02-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Read it again...she says that she likes nicotine with opiates just likeyou...but kratom is different. I've noticed that too. Iseem to get sick when I mix the too. In general I find kratom tohave a higher potential to get me sick or nauseous. It almostfeels like other meds are safer and cleaner yet kratom is still theonly legal semi-effective opiate that can be used recreationally...ourgovt has really got to change.

why do you avoid nicotine i love to smoke cigaretes when i take oxys

ophizzle
02-08-2005, 11:48 PM
our govt makes you pay the most expensive amount to get the feelings thats why . they have companies create jobs and do reaserch spend money and keep lots of it in the business cycle making our USA nation the biggest and badest money country everyone is all about the $$ these days.. im a psych minor and want to do a study across different countries to at what age children can recognize the currency of their country like do statistics on many kids and i bet usa all the youngest know that money can get them kool toys and such. say toy money toy money and stuff like that. i bet from hearing aboutmoney talk from parents and seeing it alot and alot of people talk about it so much around kids etc. id love to see what the results looked like. some countries there would be rating of importance to the child very low compared to say family for japan i bet on a scale kids rate FAMILY higher than $$ and in the USA $$ and individual thats why we are all sharks the big companies.