PDA

View Full Version : Cutting substances with Ether?

ryan
04-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I always wanted to know, is this a myth, or is this fact?

Constantly I have people tell me that their cocaine is cut with ether, and it makes it better..
Also in the original bad boys movie, I believe that they said heroin is cut with ether and it increases the yield.

I know it's a movie and all...but I want the truth
Isn't ether a liquid, and a solvent?
Why would you "cut" a drug with it?
It just doesn't make sense to me. It just seems like something people say to hype their dope.

Chemisty nuts weigh in..is this fact or fiction?

Thanks

Raisin
04-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Ether is used as a solvent and if you don't let all of it evaporate you can leave a smell behind but as far as using it as a cut that's like saying I cut my dope with rubbing alcohol.

ryan
04-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Well, I know that you can use ether to make freebase cocaine, but is ether used at all in the process of making cocaine HCL or heroin?

And if so -- if it's common that large amts of ether are actually present in finished batches of cocaine or heroin by the time it makes its way to my veins?

Paregoric Kid
04-26-2009, 01:08 PM
the ether would evaporate

Deadfiend
04-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Cocaine is "cut" with many substances such as:
Anesthetics: Lidocaine, Benzocaine, Procaine
Other stimulants: Caffeine, Ephedrine, Methamphetamine
Inert powder: Baking soda, Inositol

Ya your shit is cut, it seems more now days then at any time before, but times are hard, and the dealers got to make a buck, never in your live will you see 100% pure in the U.S. unless your very high up in the food chain, if you know what I mean...
P.S. If you want much more pure shit head down south, I mean way down south like Colombia, or Mexico.

SHELLEY
04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
crack can be made with ether instead of ammonia
it makes me think i'm dying

heroin, i have no clue

ryan
04-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for all of your responses..it's pretty much what I thought -- seems like a myth to me.

robojunkie
04-26-2009, 04:41 PM
heroin, i have no clue

Yeah, heroin base can be precip'd from ether with HCl gas and if you filter and evaporate, there is still an "ether taste" to the hit, even a day after making it, at least this was my experience. A longer period of time to evaporate though and one wouldn't get this, and not to mention the pickled morphine in question was sealed up in an airtight vial. Ether boils below body temperature, ya aint gonna cut anything but alcohol with it, and that would be more like cutting ether with alcohol.

However street dope it goes without question is so far from the "lab" that there won't be any ether left, even though to my knowledge EC powder (#4) is purified this way.

Seriously now to the OP, its a liquid, what is going to be cut with it, and how, or do you really mean made/purified/extracted with it?

ryan
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Seriously now to the OP, its a liquid, what is going to be cut with it, and how, or do you really mean made/purified/extracted with it?

Thats exactly what I thought to myself..how are u gonna cut a powder with a liquid and whats the point..but u can bet i argued with ppl til i was blue in the face about it and they would SWEAR that it was "cut with ether" thats why it smelled \ was good \ etc.

Never heard someone say this about heroin HCL except in the movie bad boys, everyone always told me this about their coke (powder not base).

roxi*stardust
04-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Thats exactly what I thought to myself..how are u gonna cut a powder with a liquid and whats the point..but u can bet i argued with ppl til i was blue in the face about it and they would SWEAR that it was "cut with ether" thats why it smelled \ was good \ etc.
Never heard someone say this about heroin HCL except in the movie bad boys, everyone always told me this about their coke (powder not base).

I think your friends are using "cut" in the wrong context. What they probably mean is like robo said, it is purified/extracted/made with ether. You can smell this in coke a lot, at least when I did powder I could smell it. They use other substances too, like kerosene, lighter fluid, mineral spirits, ect. And like Shelley mentioned freebase can be made with ether, ammonia, or baking soda (ghetto crap).

Deadfiend
04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
baking soda is what I have seen every cook down use...

P.S. or vitamin b12

Morphus
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Lest we forget methamp, which, pre "ice" days was called crank, and commonly smelled of any number of np solvents. For some reason the ether smelling shit always seemed to be of lower quality. I think naptha is the preferred solvent for alotta meth cookers, colemans fuel, aka white gas.

Raz
04-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Washin charlie wiv too much ether is wat happened when Richard pryor nearly blew himself up....Its a liquid .And he woulda been better off usin plain ol household ammonia....Nobody cuts fuck all wiv ether.

DCBA
04-27-2009, 07:35 AM
crack can be made with ether instead of ammonia

Its not instead but with also..
Ether is the non-polar solvent for where freebase cocaine dissolves into.. It doesnt make cocaine freebase from cocaine hcl like ammonia does..
It is used after ammonia and not instead of ammonia.

ryan
04-27-2009, 08:12 AM
I think your friends are using "cut" in the wrong context. What they probably mean is like robo said, it is purified/extracted/made with ether. You can smell this in coke a lot, at least when I did powder I could smell it. They use other substances too, like kerosene, lighter fluid, mineral spirits, ect. And like Shelley mentioned freebase can be made with ether, ammonia, or baking soda (ghetto crap).

I think I know the smell you are talking about, however I have never smelled ether itself so I guess I have nothing to compare it to..

So then this would mean that there IS ether present in alot of cocaine HCL?

Hmm.

Morphus
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Washin charlie wiv too much ether is wat happened when Richard pryor nearly blew himself up....Its a liquid .And he woulda been better off usin plain ol household ammonia....Nobody cuts fuck all wiv ether.

I thought this was what happened but I don't recall where but I read or saw an interview with Pryor where he said that he was getting piped up, for some time, and kept watching some vietnam shit on TV, ever seen that buddhist monk douse himself with gas and set himself ablaze? Well Ole Rich was watching this and that image kept running thru his gacked out brain and he actually, intentionally, doused himself with 151 rum and set himself on fire. He made up the accident story because he didn't want people to think we was that crazy, and suicidal. I think this was an interview in some magazine I read some time ago.