PDA

View Full Version : seroquel potentiate methadone

bill1234
04-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Okay im on mmt, 100mg a day, and i got some seroquel from a crappy doctor today and i was wondering if these seroquel having any potential of being fun, I.E. potentiating my dose... i already usually take some cimetidine (tagament) and a few diazepam or alprazolam which works wonderfully as well too... so anybody who knows if the seroquel will do any sort of potentiating on my dose please let me know.. ps i tried searching but couldn't come up with my answer so please dont flame me and tell me to search.. thanks in advance.

dalottafun
04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
I would think serquel + methadone = sleep

i use to be presecribed 800mg serquel before bed and if i stayed up through it i'd be in and out of a sleep and it would be kinda trippy i wouldn't know whether my dreams were real or my consciousness

ka11ink
04-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Just google seroquel on the net. If it makes u sleepy ya it will probably potentiate the methadone, if ur looking for a nod. I don't rly know anything about seroquel, I think it's similar to benzos in their effect if not a type of benzo itself. Some people like it, some don't.

taj
04-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Just google seroquel on the net. If it makes u sleepy ya it will probably potentiate the methadone, if ur looking for a nod. I don't rly know anything about seroquel, I think it's similar to benzos in their effect if not a type of benzo itself. Some people like it, some don't.

No, seroquel is NOT a benzo. It's an anti psychotic used mostly for treating bi-polar, schizophrenia and also now depression. I am prescribed it and take 300 mg at night and 100 mg on the morning also can use it prn in a low dose as an anti anxiety. It's been a life saver for me, in regards to mental health

Yes it can make you sleepy, and when I first started taking it he started me out with 25mg morning and50 mg night for the first week and then raised it a little each week. Like the second day I was taking it I also did some oxy(like 40 mg) I still had a low oxy tolerance back then and I was nodding the night before, and the next day I could barely wake up, my friend had to leave but her bf was there and I guess she had to tell him to keep checking on me to make sure I was still breathing. I guess I didn't seem right to her.

I would just tell you to be careful when mixing different meds, especially with one that is new to you. As for actual potentiation, I'm not really sure, it didn't make me any more euphoric, just made me pass out.

Here's a link that will explain more about seroquel http://www.rxlist.com/seroquel-drug.htm

bill1234
04-16-2009, 09:44 PM
No, seroquel is NOT a benzo. It's an anti psychotic used mostly for treating bi-polar, schizophrenia and also now depression. I am prescribed it and take 300 mg at night and 100 mg on the morning also can use it prn in a low dose as an anti anxiety. It's been a life saver for me, in regards to mental health

Yes it can make you sleepy, and when I first started taking it he started me out with 25mg morning and50 mg night for the first week and then raised it a little each week. Like the second day I was taking it I also did some oxy(like 40 mg) I still had a low oxy tolerance back then and I was nodding the night before, and the next day I could barely wake up, my friend had to leave but her bf was there and I guess she had to tell him to keep checking on me to make sure I was still breathing. I guess I didn't seem right to her.

I would just tell you to be careful when mixing different meds, especially with one that is new to you. As for actual potentiation, I'm not really sure, it didn't make me any more euphoric, just made me pass out.

Here's a link that will explain more about seroquel http://www.rxlist.com/seroquel-drug.htm

Well i was looking for more euphoria, kinda like the kind you get like when combining benzos. I'm not a real big fan of "nodding" (passing out)

dalottafun
04-16-2009, 10:19 PM
the only true way to potentiate is with other opiates fuck benzos fuck seroquel fuck juice

ka11ink
04-16-2009, 10:21 PM
I think the only way ull find a benzo that makes u more euphoric is by taking a benzo that causes euphoria...other than that it's just going to increase the nod u say ur not looking for.

Thebane
04-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I'd be careful with the seroquel, it's supposedly a strong sedative, not in a fun way though. And I don't mean be safe because of OD or something, just don't end up sleeping 36 hours straight when you take some of it after a maintenance dose of opiates and a beer or two. I'd recommend taking a small dose at first, especially if you're on anything else, to see how it effects you.

bill1234
04-17-2009, 01:15 AM
the only true way to potentiate is with other opiates fuck benzos fuck seroquel fuck juice
That makes no sense. since methadone blocks opiates how is it gonna potentiate it? and fuck benzos? actually benzos give back the euphoria i lost months ago.. methadone and benzos is the greatest combination ive come across, but i do agree with the fuck juice statement.

Poppylvr
04-17-2009, 10:28 AM

^^^^^
2++
Seroquel is not a "have fun" drug. I'd stay away unless the doc gave it to YOU for a specific reason and then I'd just take the prescribed dose. As a psych nurse who hands out boatloads of Seroquel, I would expect that it + methadone will equal a good long sleep and nothing else....be very careful of that combo.

pinn3d
04-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah I agree, seroquel is not very fun... I was given very small doses to help me sleep several years ago... i think only 25, or 50 mg.... and it did help me sleep.... but it had the strange effect of making it impossible for me to breath through my nose..... I guess this is a side effect of the medication...

The first time I tried it, it gave some weird, semi-trippy kinda feeling, like gravity was getting weaker, then stronger, back and forth.....other than that.... its just a sleepy-med....

I don't think it would be wise to try and potentiate methadone with seroquel....you would just sleep..... and feel like you wasted your methadone dose.....

erica
04-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Seroquel does nothing to potentiate opiates...Although it is one of the most sedating antipsychotics available, and definitely will put you to sleep. I took it for a while and I literally had to wait to take the pill until I was IN BED, under the covers, because otherwise I wouldn't even make it to bed without passing out first!
Also, like others said, be careful mixing your drugs - Seroquel can cause Serotonin syndrome, which is extremely dangerous and fatal.

Papa Verine
04-17-2009, 12:52 PM
People sometimes overuse ot misuse the word "Potentiate" here.

Seroquel is going to make you fall asleep, and it won't feel good. Just sleep. It's not an opiate potentiator.

bill1234
04-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Okay i realized last night that asking if seroquel would potentiate methadone was the dumbest question ever. cause i took one 50mg pill (chewed it a little) and i fell asleep with my glasses on and with my cell phone in my hand in the middle of a text. so yeah i will only use seroquel for sleep.

dharma bum
04-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I've got a 300 mg seroquel I've had for a couple months now for emergency in case insomnia returns but no way would I take it with opiates. I wouldn't want that feeling fucking up my opiate high.

Papa Verine
04-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Seroquel, as well as it puts people to sleep, does not work when withdrawaling from benzos or any other downers. At least it didn't work for me. I thought I was going to get good sleep one time while kicking benzos and much to my surprise I laid awake with no sleep even after taking 4X and 5X my regular Seroquel dose. I don't consider it a real "downer" or depressant at all. It knocks you out... but God knows why...

dalottafun
04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
That makes no sense. since methadone blocks opiates how is it gonna potentiate it? and fuck benzos? actually benzos give back the euphoria i lost months ago.. methadone and benzos is the greatest combination ive come across, but i do agree with the fuck juice statement.

i never said anything about methadone nor would i ever use it to potentiate my opiates

benzos never increase euphoria for me i'm glad they do for you but seriously the only thing i've ever found to increase euphoria is... well other opiates :)

roxi*stardust
04-18-2009, 07:46 AM

Methadone does not "block" other opiates like Suboxone, Naloxone, or Naltrexone does. It simply fills your receptors so that other opiates have a hard time fitting on them and it raises your tolerance sky high because of it's strong binding affinity and long half-life. It is a full agonist and taking other opiates with it will potentiate it to a point because it does kick them off your recpetors like the other drugs I mentioned. It only makes it so that you need to take more of the other opiate. So while many say that it "blocks", that really isn't technically the case.

People sometimes overuse ot misuse the word "Potentiate" here.

Seroquel is going to make you fall asleep, and it won't feel good. Just sleep. It's not an opiate potentiator.

Isn't that the truth. People think that anything that has the potential to make you sleepy "potentiates". Potentiators increases the effectives of opiates (either pain releif or euphoria) not just make you sleepy and nod off. Amphetamines potentiate opiates when used in combo with opiates for pain management because they increase the pain killing abilities of opiates. Tagament and grapefruit juice both can increase the blood levels of certain opiates by decreasing the their clearance from the body. Benzos do not really potentiate opiates, they may potentiate the effects of opiates like drowsiness.

SHELLEY
04-18-2009, 08:28 AM

maybe at 25 or 50mg it'd be okay
but when they put me on seroquel i was on 1000mg day (not a typo) which was fuckin SICK

dalottafun
04-18-2009, 11:17 AM
but when they put me on seroquel i was on 1000mg day (not a typo) which was fuckin SICK

you must've been a real bitch i know i was

bill1234
04-18-2009, 03:16 PM
I just want everyone on the board to get a real good laugh at this whole topic... seroquel to potentiate methadone huh???? Man do i feel like a complete dumbass... i promise i am normally not this stupid. but thanks for all the info... i learned alot. i will only use the seroquel for sleep or when i am having a horriffic panic attack from hell. thanks to all and happy saturday, i hope everyone got real high and called all there friends talking about nothing cause you were all high and felt great and just wanted to talk about nothing because of their high-ness (if thats even a fucking word)

But i cant wait to wake up in the morning and take my 100mg dose and a couple 2mg alprazolam and a diazepam and whatever else i feel like. I just hope i dont nod out on the toilet seat for the third day in a row and then stand up (with both legs completely stiff and asleep) and then fall straight down and bust my body all to hell (i did that two days in a row and my aunt was kinda suspicious what was going on) which made it pretty hard to convince her it wasnt because i was completely fucked up. lol.

Anyways, talk to you all later. have a good one.

taj
04-18-2009, 03:24 PM

yeah, that seems ridiculous

I'm now at 300 mg at night and 100 mg in the morning. If I need to I can take 50 prn for acute anxiety, which doesn't happen that much. I function normally, no real side effects, you just get used to having it in your body. And like I said before, it's really helped me in regards to my mental health/overall anxiety and I don't think my neighbors are out to get me anymore, lol.

dalottafun
04-18-2009, 03:41 PM
I just want everyone on the board to get a real good laugh at this whole topic... seroquel to potentiate methadone huh???? Man do i feel like a complete dumbass... i promise i am normally not this stupid. but thanks for all the info... i learned alot. i will only use the seroquel for sleep or when i am having a horriffic panic attack from hell. thanks to all and happy saturday, i hope everyone got real high and called all there friends talking about nothing cause you were all high and felt great and just wanted to talk about nothing because of their high-ness (if thats even a fucking word)

you weren't being stupid just a very hopeful junky i can definitely relate

SHELLEY
04-18-2009, 07:04 PM
yeah, that seems ridiculous

I'm now at 300 mg at night and 100 mg in the morning. If I need to I can take 50 prn for acute anxiety, which doesn't happen that much. I function normally, no real side effects, you just get used to having it in your body. And like I said before, it's really helped me in regards to my mental health/overall anxiety and I don't think my neighbors are out to get me anymore, lol.

i stay crazy, i hate fucking psych meds (well i hate all pills really)
i just talk to my voices and keep my shit in check whiles in public :)

Dune
04-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Seroquel + Methadone = 3 day trip to hospital. That was just my experience and I will never touch seroquel again.

eastcostovadosa
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I take seraquel and sometimes remeron and i the seroquel i find to realllllly potentiate the methadone better then anything else i have ever tried. i actually just got threw taking 180 mgs of meth with 200 mgs of quel with a 30 mg remmie,,,, may knoock others out ,., im just used to it ...and then of course a nice PuFF of weed to add the cheery on top :) hope this helps,,,, ,PS: i find the meth seems to block out the shitty side effects of the quels ,,, anyways play safe

eastcostovadosa
10-09-2009, 05:53 PM
wrong wrong wrong wrong,,, thats a great way to die u dumb fuck methadone blocks the euphoric effects of Mdone,....u deserve to be slapped for your ignorance

eastcostovadosa
10-09-2009, 05:58 PM
well it works fkn great as a potentiator for me ,,,, i been doin it for a good while ,,,,,, dont be so quick to think that you are right,,

Mallinckrodt
10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I take seraquel and sometimes remeron and i the seroquel i find to realllllly potentiate the methadone better then anything else i have ever tried. i actually just got threw taking 180 mgs of meth with 200 mgs of quel with a 30 mg remmie,,,, may knoock others out ,., im just used to it ...and then of course a nice PuFF of weed to add the cheery on top :) hope this helps,,,, ,PS: i find the meth seems to block out the shitty side effects of the quels ,,, anyways play safe

wrong wrong wrong wrong,,, thats a great way to die u dumb fuck methadone blocks the euphoric effects of Mdone,....u deserve to be slapped for your ignorance

well it works fkn great as a potentiator for me ,,,, i been doin it for a good while ,,,,,, dont be so quick to think that you are right,,

What the hell is going on here? Are you arguing with yourself about a six month old thread? This is really weird.

Seedy
10-09-2009, 07:44 PM
^^ good point, very bizarre!

OpiateQueen
10-09-2009, 08:50 PM
gees i'd love to just pass out... ive given up on euphoria..

30_Units
10-09-2009, 09:16 PM
lol, looks like dude hasn't quite learned how to quote yet.

GOLD N DIEMONDS
10-10-2009, 06:35 AM
What the hell is going on here? Are you arguing with yourself about a six month old thread? This is really weird.

LMAO- OH GOD THAT WAS FUNNY:D
actually wiping tears of laughter
DRUGS - lets blame it all on DRUGS

reminds me of scene in TAXI DRIVER
'you talking to me"