PDA

View Full Version : MDMA for opiate withdrawal?

shotty
04-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Has anyone tried this? I've never had MDMA but from what I've heard it's extremely euphoric and I'm wandering if anyone has experience using this to get through withdrawal. I'm sure the comedown would be horrendous.

dalottafun
04-15-2009, 08:34 PM
the comedown would suck ass but so would frying my brain

Opiyum
04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
It won't help with aches and pains and such but could help with the grief and despair and you won't be sleeping anyhow.
I've tried this before, not with mdma but with crystal. It wasn't so helpful that I try to prepare for incoming withdrawals with crystal but if it were around I would try it again. It seemed to help me take my mind off of the sickness which is always a good thing.
I would think that maybe MDMA would make you start dwelling on your addiction. So maybe I am wrong about the grief and depair because it very well could increase it. If I ever had the opportunity to take MDMA while I was dope sick I would probably take a very low dose and go from there.

dalottafun
04-15-2009, 09:00 PM
i would not want to roll while sick seems obvious to me

x31966
04-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm curious to hear responses to this. I've never tried it but I would think you wouldn't feel the pain. Back when I was a heavy X user I would sometimes chew my tongue or inner cheek (when I ran out of gum) and I would never feel any pain until the next morning (ouch!).

x31966
04-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Dupe post sorry comp not cooperating.

AceBeans
04-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh man, the thought of stuff like this MDMA, marijuana, coke, speed during W/D makes me quiver. I could not imagine how any of them would make someone feel better but some people swear it does help them. It just depends on the person but my god I would never do something like during W/D.

If it does help with some of the symptoms, like you said yourself, think about the hell that you will feel when you start coming down. It will make the symptoms even worse, to me it's just not worth it, I know you want to kill time and everything when kicking but think about if you want to exchange 5 possibly good hours for 3-6 even more horrible comedown hours.

shotty
04-15-2009, 09:58 PM
^ Good advice man

OxiContinKing
04-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh man, the thought of stuff like this MDMA, marijuana, coke, speed during W/D makes me quiver. I could not imagine how any of them would make someone feel better but some people swear it does help them. It just depends on the person but my god I would never do something like during W/D.

If it does help with some of the symptoms, like you said yourself, think about the hell that you will feel when you start coming down. It will make the symptoms even worse, to me it's just not worth it, I know you want to kill time and everything when kicking but think about if you want to exchange 5 possibly good hours for 3-6 even more horrible comedown hours.

no doubt, and if i ever was wd'in anyway, it would be because i didnt have any money or any way to get opiates, not because i did and spent it on something else to do while they come....

:rolleyes:

Papa Verine
04-15-2009, 11:19 PM
It wouldn't help me. I can't do any stimulants while in opiate or benzo withdrawals. I could see it being helpful to other people. For me, I did A lot of Amphetamines when I was younger and it seemed the "crash" got worse and worse with time. Now... I feel horrible coming down off of stimulants of any kind, and that on top of opiate withdrawls sounds like a nightmare to me. Even if it did help some of the symptoms for the initial enjoyable duration.

Chipper
04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Absolutely a bad idea. I've seen friends suffer even more when they tried this and would even go as far as to say that MDMA may even precipitate further withdrawal.

MDMA is best enjoyed in the best of health; being opiated even steals from the experience.

nick
04-16-2009, 09:24 AM
It would be interesting to see a clinical study using MDMA to combat PAWS.

Papa Verine
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Absolutely a bad idea. I've seen friends suffer even more when they tried this and would even go as far as to say that MDMA may even precipitate further withdrawal.

MDMA is best enjoyed in the best of health; being opiated even steals from the experience.

Hey Chipper, I'm right there with you on this one... but I've learned from hanging around this place long enough to know that everybody's so different, and what works for some is a nightmare for others. Strange how it is this way... we must all have a different or unique brain chemistry.

I'd have to say to the OP, only YOU know if this is a good idea or not. You should have a good idea of what floats your boat or what you can tolerate or how well you handle different substances (drug wise).

Some people actually enjoy doing coke when they're kicking opiates. To me... that sounds like a trip to Hell. But... to each his own.

SHELLEY
04-16-2009, 12:22 PM
coke is better

HandMeSomeOpiates
04-18-2009, 10:42 AM

Marijuana is a GOD SEND for me during W/D. I can smoke some nuggz and watch a movie in W/D and actually be into the movie so much(cause I'm so stoned) that I forget I'm sick. I love bud, it helps me with EVERYTHING. IME of course.

dalottafun
04-18-2009, 12:53 PM
yes bud works, it wouldn't make the pain of w/d go away completely but it does put me in some state of comfort i could just wake up in the morning and smoke some green and be chill instead of feverishly ill definitely helps