PDA

View Full Version : Refill Question

AceBeans
03-26-2009, 10:08 PM
I got scripted 30 7.5 Lortab's, taking 1 every 4-6 hours for pain. I got the script filled on Wednesday night at about 9:30 PM. What's the earliest I'll be able to get a refill on this? Do you think I would be able to get it on Saturday?

That would be 6 pills a day making Saturday one day early. What do you all think?

ka11ink
03-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Do not try to fill it early, not even a minute early. In fact I'd give it an extra 6 hrs minimum.

AceBeans
03-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Do not try to fill it early, not even a minute early. In fact I'd give it an extra 6 hrs minimum.

Why?

WarmCyanide
03-26-2009, 10:29 PM
if you take more than the recommended dose, just calculate the approx time when it should have run out. Since it is a controlled drug you cannot grab it early. If you have insurance, most times they have the same early p/u rules too. The diff is with some insurance is the time issue pertains to about any drug as far i know. I dont believe one day early would matter. Just try it out. You wont get a pair of matching bracelets for doing that. Good luck!

Madam Oxy
03-26-2009, 10:39 PM

ummmmm, did you notice he is in West Virginia? I thought the 5 hour rule applied. I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Suboxstitute
03-26-2009, 10:39 PM
I got scripted 30 7.5 Lortab's, taking 1 every 4-6 hours for pain. I got the script filled on Wednesday night at about 9:30 PM. What's the earliest I'll be able to get a refill on this? Do you think I would be able to get it on Saturday?

That would be 6 pills a day making Saturday one day early. What do you all think?

Does the script already HAVE a refill on the bottle? Or would they have to get hold of the doctor for the refill? That makes a difference. Esp on a weekend.

I think what the prior poster meant is that generally, if you fill controlled scripts often, you don't want to draw ANY little bit of attention to yourself.

In the past.... I've said "well, there were times the pain was so bad I took two pills" IF I am talking to the doctor. The pharmacist will just view that statement as "not taking script as prescribed" and won't have much sympathy.

A day early often doesn't matter if you have a long-time, repetitive script. Then you sorta have a relationship with the pharmacy, etc. and if you don't do it often, they are often cool about it. But again, it draws that little bit of attention to you, which you just never want to have.

If this is a "single use script with one refill" then all they can say is no, and I have a feeling they may. They'll just tell you when you can fill it. U shouldn't get in trouble for trying unless you are a frequent flyer.

Sue

WV_Girl_26
03-26-2009, 10:52 PM
They don't count the day of especially since it was filled so late. So you should have enough for Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and be able to fill on Monday, after 9:30 if the pharmacist is an ass...and yes in WV I have seen pharmacist take it to the exact hour.. If you tried to fill Sat. it would appear as if you took the entire 30 in 3 days, I doubt they will fill it. I think ins. general rule is once 75% is gone which would be Sunday (4 full days), some pharmacies will allow it if ins. does..others don't...we kinda need more info to give you our best opinion...I wouldn't try earlier than Sunday cause if they do quick math, it was filled the 25th + 5 days= the 30th.

AceBeans
03-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Does the script already HAVE a refill on the bottle? Or would they have to get hold of the doctor for the refill? That makes a difference. Esp on a weekend.

I think what the prior poster meant is that generally, if you fill controlled scripts often, you don't want to draw ANY little bit of attention to yourself.

In the past.... I've said "well, there were times the pain was so bad I took two pills" IF I am talking to the doctor. The pharmacist will just view that statement as "not taking script as prescribed" and won't have much sympathy.

A day early often doesn't matter if you have a long-time, repetitive script. Then you sorta have a relationship with the pharmacy, etc. and if you don't do it often, they are often cool about it. But again, it draws that little bit of attention to you, which you just never want to have.

If this is a "single use script with one refill" then all they can say is no, and I have a feeling they may. They'll just tell you when you can fill it. U shouldn't get in trouble for trying unless you are a frequent flyer.

Sue

There is a refill already on the bottle, there won't be any need to speak to a doctor just the pharmacy. Also, there is no insurance involved, so that shouldn't make a difference.

I think Saturday might end up being a little bit to early so I'll probably have to end up waiting until Sunday.

It's just that I'll need them as soon as possible because those pills suck. I barely caught a buzz of them and ended up having to take way more than I thought just to keep from getting sick. I won't have any pods until Monday and I just took the last 4 I had a couple hours ago so I'm completely out of everything until I can get it refilled.

AceBeans
03-26-2009, 11:05 PM
They don't count the day of especially since it was filled so late. So you should have enough for Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and be able to fill on Monday, after 9:30 if the pharmacist is an ass...and yes in WV I have seen pharmacist take it to the exact hour.. If you tried to fill Sat. it would appear as if you took the entire 30 in 3 days, I doubt they will fill it. I think ins. general rule is once 75% is gone which would be Sunday (4 full days), some pharmacies will allow it if ins. does..others don't...we kinda need more info to give you our best opinion...I wouldn't try earlier than Sunday cause if they do quick math, it was filled the 25th + 5 days= the 30th.

Yeah, I think you are right that Sat will be too early. Looks like I am probably going to have to go through a few days of suffering.

the0ne
03-27-2009, 12:56 AM
If you can refill by phone I don't see a problem at all calling it in on Saturday. Go and pick it up later in the day at the pharmacy. If they ask any questions just say you won't be able to pick them up on Sunday because of a communion or something and you need them for work Monday morning. If it's a pharmacy where you have to talk to someone I would wait until Sunday to get them.

I know a lot of it has to do with each pharmacy but unless it's a schedule two I've been able to get my scripts filled five days early without questions from them or insurance. I would recommend getting a Xmas present if you have a regular pharmacist, it's worth its weight in gold.

AceBeans
03-27-2009, 01:30 AM
If you can refill by phone I don't see a problem at all calling it in on Saturday. Go and pick it up later in the day at the pharmacy. If they ask any questions just say you won't be able to pick them up on Sunday because of a communion or something and you need them for work Monday morning. If it's a pharmacy where you have to talk to someone I would wait until Sunday to get them.

I know a lot of it has to do with each pharmacy but unless it's a schedule two I've been able to get my scripts filled five days early without questions from them or insurance. I would recommend getting a Xmas present if you have a regular pharmacist, it's worth its weight in gold.

Not sure if you have to talk to someone at that pharmacy or not. It's not a huge chain pharmacy but I don't think it's a little mom and pop either.

Saturday really is only 3 days so that is quite early but would def help if I could get them then. Truthfully, if I can't get them on saturday or sunday I don't know when I'll be able to get them. I don't drive and I live on a college campus and had to fill a the script one town up the interstate.

Not sure if I will try on Saturday or not.

the0ne
03-27-2009, 04:15 AM
If I were in your shoes and you know you will be out early for sure I would give it a shot at least. Call the number on the bottle and hope it's an automated system, if it is they should say you have a refill available and it's ready for pick up after so and so time. If you have to talk to someone, just call and ask for the refill. I doubt they will give you a hard time. If they ask, let them know you can't go in on Monday because of school and you might not make it in before they close on Sunday. Find out what time they close first, and if they don't let you get it on Saturday you'll be able to get it Sunday for sure.

I know you said you picked up your script on Wed night, let's assume you took three that night. So between Wed night and Sun you would have taken 27/30. I know others have said the day you get them doesn't count, but I know in California it does. I get a print out of all it prescriptions and it says the day supply and the day you picked up. In your case it would say 5 day supply, refilled on day 4. Well within normal range, especially considering most people pick up their scripts two days before they're out. Auto refill systems are even set up so that the refills are filled and ready for pick up two days before you would run out.

roxi*stardust
03-27-2009, 05:14 AM
If I were in your shoes and you know you will be out early for sure I would give it a shot at least. Call the number on the bottle and hope it's an automated system, if it is they should say you have a refill available and it's ready for pick up after so and so time. If you have to talk to someone, just call and ask for the refill. I doubt they will give you a hard time. If they ask, let them know you can't go in on Monday because of school and you might not make it in before they close on Sunday. Find out what time they close first, and if they don't let you get it on Saturday you'll be able to get it Sunday for sure.
I know you said you picked up your script on Wed night, let's assume you took three that night. So between Wed night and Sun you would have taken 27/30. I know others have said the day you get them doesn't count, but I know in California it does. I get a print out of all it prescriptions and it says the day supply and the day you picked up. In your case it would say 5 day supply, refilled on day 4. Well within normal range, especially considering most people pick up their scripts two days before they're out. Auto refill systems are even set up so that the refills are filled and ready for pick up two days before you would run out.

Good advice, I would call chances are can get them Sunday morning. If it's cash some pharmacies will fill it the next day, they don't care but some maybe assholes and make you wait til you run out.

AceBeans
03-27-2009, 03:57 PM

Thanks man. Believe it or not, I woke up with that feeling of sickness today (friday) and said what the hell and called the pharm. No automated system or anything like that, just straight up talked to thfirst e pharmacist told him I would have a problem making it back up this way to get them and he said "ok, we will get it ready for you". At first he wasn't going to do it but I was able to talk him into it.

THanks for the advice.

ka11ink
03-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Why?

Just to avoid notice man. You never know whhen u'll get a dickhead pharmacist try to play DEA agent and call up the guys doctor to just 'warn' him.

I called my docs office once 2 days b4 my BT meds were supposed to run out bc they r wicked slow at getting msgs to the doctor so i called b4 they ran out. The nurse flipped the fuck out on me saying 'you shouldnt b out of meds ur using them too fast I'm warning the doc about u bitch bitch bitch'. And I told them I wasn't out yet I just wanted to make sure I didnt run out.

suffocate
04-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Where I am from in Canada, even trying to pick up a controlled substance prescription one day early will result in a *HOLD* warning popping up on the pharmicists computer system. In additional to being denied your refill, this also may or may not result in a phone call to you doctor to inform them that you are trying to fill early.