PDA

View Full Version : Kratom "re-dosing"

MrCharlesIV
03-12-2009, 09:30 AM
So I have been very pleased with Kratom as you may have noticed in most of my recent posts... I am curious though [and have not found anything on this topic] about re-dosing during the day. I've been dosing 15 or more grams of the enhanced bali in the morning on an empty stomach and have noticed that later in the day when the effects wear off and I dose again, I get very shaky. I tremble so bad it's hard to eat a bowl of cereal. Is Kratom something that you can/should only dose once a day with? I'm still learning a lot about this plant so excuse my ignorance to the topic. I also ordered the alkaloid tincture from Speciosa - should I use just that for my second dose of the day?

Thanks in advance for y'all's help. This website is absolutely amazing.

-Charles

Softball
03-12-2009, 11:20 AM
So I have been very pleased with Kratom as you may have noticed in most of my recent posts... I am curious though [and have not found anything on this topic] about re-dosing during the day. I've been dosing 15 or more grams of the enhanced bali in the morning on an empty stomach and have noticed that later in the day when the effects wear off and I dose again, I get very shaky. I tremble so bad it's hard to eat a bowl of cereal. Is Kratom something that you can/should only dose once a day with? I'm still learning a lot about this plant so excuse my ignorance to the topic. I also ordered the alkaloid tincture from Speciosa - should I use just that for my second dose of the day?

Thanks in advance for y'all's help. This website is absolutely amazing.

-Charles

I can't say from first hand experience, but when I first started investigating kratom to use, I read more than one experienced user say that you shouldn't re-dose with kratom. You can either get a bad reaction to it, or it just doesn't extend the high.

Chicklet
03-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi Charles,

Sounds like you need to take a little less for the second dose. Your tolerance is still low, you lucky bastard!!! I have used kratom for 4 years now, 3 tsp. 5x daily in order to feel anything. Unfortunately, you will build a tolerance too. Kratom has changed my life so much... in a good way. Don't plan on stopping any time soon. Hope this helps!!

HandMeSomeOpiates
03-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi Charles,

Sounds like you need to take a little less for the second dose. Your tolerance is still low, you lucky bastard!!! I have used kratom for 4 years now, 3 tsp. 5x daily in order to feel anything. Unfortunately, you will build a tolerance too. Kratom has changed my life so much... in a good way. Don't plan on stopping any time soon. Hope this helps!!
Hey Chicklet,
I would love to maintain on kratom and was wondering if you used plain leaf??

Chicklet
03-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi HMSO.

Plain leaf is the only variety I use. I have tried it all and I always come back to the Bali. It just works the best for me and it is the most affordable. I would reccomend staying away from the extracts and enhanced varietys. Your tolerance will build quickly, and then even Bali (plain leaf) won't work for you. Also, you mentioned plain leaf. I never get the actual dried up leaves. I always have them powder it for me. I have found that when I try to grind the leaf myself, I end up with a lot of stems and veins that won't grind, therefore wasting product.

Thebane
03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I couldn't get much from re-dosing, even when I first started using kratom (as my first recreational opioid). Now with a tolerance I can't get a pleasant buzz at all from re-dosing, though I don't have any shaking problem anymore with a tolerance. That's usually a sign you've taken too much. Do you use the same amount for your second dose as for your first? If you do there's probably some still in your system and you're taking too much total.

The only time I find it useful to take kratom twice a day is if I'm too sick to sleep/be comfortable at night, so I'll take 1/3-1/2 of my morning dose just to stay well. Never gotten any euphoria from it no matter how much I take, and like you mentioned, if I try to chase a high by taking more and more I just get shaky and sick from taking too much.