PDA

View Full Version : Injecting Phenobarbital

tch2296
03-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I have acquired 12x 15 mg phenobarbital tablets, but I haven't been able to find much information about injecting them. Erowid mentioned that some people IV barbituates but I really couldn't find much else.

Does anyone know if this is safe or is worth the process?

Anyone have any experience?

Anyone have any idea what a decent dosage is? They were giving me 30 mg 3 times a day while I was in detox and I never felt anything. I guess it just helped me from feeling too dopesick

tch2296
03-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Sorry, gotta bump this because I really wanna slam these things...

Anyone?

bigfootlives
03-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Well it's a barbituate which is similiar to a benzodiazepine therefore, they are probably not water soluble because I know that benzo's certainly aren't. This means you will need an organic solvent to dissolvie them in. Relatively pure ethanol such as moonshine or everclear is the only somewhat safe example I could think of for this.

I may be wrong and barbituates may be water soluble after all, soo if anyone could correct me on this if need be please do.

oxy kid
03-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I would def look A LOT more into this before you decided to go for it. Don't wanna do something that will hurt you.

ryan
03-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Well it's a barbituate which is similiar to a benzodiazepine therefore, they are probably not water soluble because I know that benzo's certainly aren't. This means you will need an organic solvent to dissolvie them in. Relatively pure ethanol such as moonshine or everclear is the only somewhat safe example I could think of for this.

I may be wrong and barbituates may be water soluble after all, soo if anyone could correct me on this if need be please do.

http://www.elephantcare.org/Drugs/phenobar.htm

Chemistry - Phenobarbital, a barbiturate, occurs as white, glistening, odorless, small crystals or as a white, crystalline powder with a melting point of 174°-178°C and a pKa of 7.41. One gram is soluble in approximately 1000 ml of water, and 10 ml of alcohol. Compared to other barbiturates it has a low lipid solubility.

Phenobarbital sodium occurs as bitter-tasting, white, odorless, flaky crystals or crystalline granules or powder. It is very soluble in water, soluble in alcohol, and freely soluble in propylene glycol. The injectable product has a pH of 8.5-10.5.

Human-Approved Products:

Phenobarbital Tablets 15 mg, 16 mg, 16.2 mg, 30 mg, 60 mg, 100 mg; Capsules 16 mg

Phenobarbital Elixir 15 mg/5ml in pt and UD 5, 10 & 20 ml, 20 mg/5ml in pt, gal, UD 5 and 7.5 ml

Phenobarbital Sodium for Injection 30 mg/ml, 60 mg/ml, 65 mg/ml, 130 mg/ml; in 1 ml amps, Tubex and vials

Also known as phenyethylmalonylurea or phenobarbitone . Other trade names may include: Luminal® (Winthrop-Breon), and Barbita® (Vortech). Phenobarbital is a Class-IV controlled substance and is available by prescription (Rx) only.

Simple googling can answer a variety of questions......

Do you want me to tie you off and hit you too? :P

jacky
03-10-2009, 11:21 AM
I cant imagine how shooting phenobarbital would be worth it.

I used to get them by the handfull from a vet that would give me meds like pheno. and ketamine to help me with kicking.

they really dont help withdrawl much. the amount it takes to get you to sleep when kicking is enough to make you almost as miserable when you finally are able to drag yourself from whereever it is that you passed out.

they are good things to keep for a kick kit.....they are decent when used alongside opiates to make the experience a bit more sloggish...but for IV purposes, I dont see much point, unless you are not able to brown them, or keep them down the stomach.

tch2296
03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
First of all, Ryan, I mentioned that I had done a large amount of searching without any luck. Google did not have the answers I was looking for.

Also, you may not have noticed that phenobarbital in its free-acid form is only 1% or so soluble in water. Injectable phenobarbital is obviously the sodium salt but it was not clear to me whether the tablets were also in this form.

Anyways, after doing a significant amount of research on the effects, I realized that it is certainly the shittiest barbituate there is, and I just ate 180 mg. Injecting it seemed comparable to injecting Darvocet.

Worst fucking sedative I have ever done. It should be called the "zombinator", I slept for 12 hours though, but I still feel groggy as fuck, without any enjoyable sedattion to speak of.

I did inject 4 mg of buprenorphine this morning while the phenobarb was still zombifying me and it did not seem to enhance it at all.

ryan
03-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes, I saw that...Just assumed it was the salt

Just for future reference, what pharm company makes the pills?
They didn't say whether it was the salt or acid on their site?

I love needles so I'd try it regardless :D

When I was in jail, this junkie I was with said to lie and say I was on phenobarb (cause I was sick), and the nurses actually believed me and gave me 60mg. It didn't do shit, but I've never tried to inject it.

BTW, injecting suboxone sucks, don't even bother, just gives you headaches.

tch2296
03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Yes, I saw that...Just assumed it was the salt
Just for future reference, what pharm company makes the pills?
They didn't say whether it was the salt or acid on their site?
I love needles so I'd try it regardless :D
When I was in jail, this junkie I was with said to lie and say I was on phenobarb (cause I was sick), and the nurses actually believed me and gave me 60mg. It didn't do shit, but I've never tried to inject it.
BTW, injecting suboxone sucks, don't even bother, just gives you headaches.

Yeah, I think I could have injected them, but since I would need all 12 pills, meaning like 4 disgusting shots, and it still wouldn't get me high, I just said fuck it and ate them. They fuckin' sucked.

How come injecting Suboxone gives you headaches? I thought injecting Suboxone was worth it because it was more effective and kicked in immediately

ryan
03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I think I could have injected them, but since I would need all 12 pills, meaning like 4 disgusting shots, and it still wouldn't get me high, I just said fuck it and ate them. They fuckin' sucked.
How come injecting Suboxone gives you headaches? I thought injecting Suboxone was worth it because it was more effective and kicked in immediately

There's a thread on here about injecting subs...I'm not exactly sure of the reasoning, but the concencus was not to do more than 2mg at a time and only do it if you've been on sub for awhile, and also filter it as much as possible..

I tried it one time myself, and I didn't feel it -- it just gave me a headache (a bad one to be exact).
I don't think i'll try it again...Who knows...could be that traces of the naltrexone get thru?