PDA

View Full Version : heavy oxy use and drug tests-5 panel

lilred0005
02-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone, I wanted to post this in the oxy forum so hopefully everyone who takes this will see it. I am a chronic pain patient who is prescribed Roxi 30mg. I take anywhere from 260 to 360 mg. a day. I have been on oxy for about 4 yrs. Because I go to pain mgmt. we get random drug tested. My office just uses the standard 5 panel dipstick tests. Because there is only an opiate panel and no oxycodone panel, I should test negative. WRONG! I read this on Erowid but didn't believe it till I saw it but with heavy oxy use you CAN show up positive for opiates on the 5 panel. I saw with my own eyes & I haven't done h in 4 months and have had no morphine in 5 yrs and no codine or even poppy seeds in years. I just wanted to warn everyone that this is possible and with heavy use you may not be safe just cause the test does not specifically test for oxycodone. Sorry if this is redundant but I could find no existing threads on this. Take care, lil red 0005

Opiyum
02-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Your wrong about this. You must have taken some codiene cough syrup or ate some poppy seeds somewhere.
I've taken many a five panel test and never tested positive for opiates while on oxy. And I've taken many 12 panel and tested positive for oxy yet I was negative for opiates.

oxy kid
02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
I thought you could fail a 5 panel for oxy and hydrocodone?

Opiophilly
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
This is odd because I've taken countless five panel drug tests while taking Oxycodone, and have NEVER failed for opiates. And, yes, it was extremely heavy oxy use. 320-400 mgs. daily. But, this was about 4 years ago so maybe the tests are different now...

samsong
02-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Or the OP's doctors office is lying to him about only using a 5-panel. I have been in PM for years and I ave never seen any of the clinincs use only a 5-panel. I understand that some still do, but my expereince has been 9 and12 panels with PM clinics. With all the various pain killers docs write for these days and all the heat they get from the DEA, not sure why they would only use 5-panels--the difference in price between a 5 panel and a 9 panel can't be worth it to them.

lilred0005
02-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Trust me, I know it is wierd. And NO, I'm not wrong. I knew I was gonna get popped so I'm xtra paranoid, I won't even take advil much less codine which I have no access too and I hate poppy seeds(ya I know ironic huh). My old h dealer told me this months ago & I didn't believe it either until it happened to me on Mon. I actually saw the test too cause ur rite I wouldn't just trust the dr. office. I've seen ppl get the boot before so I'm xtra paranoid. If you reference Erowid.org testing forum, they mention this is possible too. And I agree that a 5-panel is stupid & counterproductive to PM but this is S. Fla & many clinics just started drug testing. The only other thing that could have been in my system, I know this without doubt, is methadone which I take when out of my roxi. I hadn't taken any for over a week and that being totally synthetic shouldn't show up either. God, I HATE drug tests! It is violating & I just don't trust these damn tests. I'm not tryin to freak anybody out but just wanted to give a heads up to my fellow opiophilles. Take care, lil red 0005

Opiyum
02-28-2009, 06:05 PM
You know another thing that could be happening is that after the initial five panel dip test they are then sending the sample into a clinic for further tests. A lot of doctors and or other agencies do this.

Lil_T
02-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I remember hearing somewhere that only the tiniest amount of oxy metabolizes into morphine and therefore may cause a positive on a 5-panel with heavy use. Although it's interesting that someone above posted that even at 400mgs they didn't test positive. Can't remember where I heard it though.....

LegalizeOpiates
02-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Yes, you can fail a drug test for morphine by taking enough oxy, it happened to me also.

Opiyum
04-16-2009, 07:42 PM
I thought I would retract my original post here because of what I just learned at the last job I was on when I was called to take a random drug test.
Recently the company who controls all the drug testing for my union went ahead and filed oxycodone under the opiates heading. There was a specific mentioning of it in the paper we receive prior to our tests about how this change just recently went into effect earlier this year.
Prior to this I don't believe this was the case seeing that every test I ever saw for work or suboxone or in stores always had a separate heading for oxy. This new change may be the reason for your recent positive test.
That or you ate a poppy seed bagel or some poppy seed cake and either didn't realize it or forgot about it.

lilred0005
04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
I thought I would retract my original post here because of what I just learned at the last job I was on when I was called to take a random drug test.
Recently the company who controls all the drug testing for my union went ahead and filed oxycodone under the opiates heading. There was a specific mentioning of it in the paper we receive prior to our tests about how this change just recently went into effect earlier this year.
Prior to this I don't believe this was the case seeing that every test I ever saw for work or suboxone or in stores always had a separate heading for oxy. This new change may be the reason for your recent positive test.
That or you ate a poppy seed bagel or some poppy seed cake and either didn't realize it or forgot about it.

Yeah, they must have reformulated the tests because, like I said, I saw the test myself & I watch that cup like a hawk so no one does the old switcharoo. The cup goes out of my hands directly to the nurse's/tech's. I read about this too on Erowid.org & they are pretty reliable. And as far as the poppy seeds, I HATE poppy seeds & will NOT eat anything containing the seeds. Plus I don't eat muffins or breakfast cake that could accidentally have seeds. I never get a cough & haven't had cough syrup since '99(that did have codine). I am very cognizant about what I take so it had to have been from heavy oxy use. Plus, I see others who posted here that had the same thing happen too. I originally posted this to give everybody a "heads up" so no one gets fuct by the omnipresent drug screen. Better safe than sorry.