PDA

View Full Version : Fioricet (Butalbital)

Scarlettnight
05-10-2006, 04:52 AM
OK, this is my very first thread ( isn't that special). Now to the point does ANYONE here use this particular pharmaceutical? I requested it along with my Fentanyl about a year ago.
I find that while on opiates it potentiates. in moderate doeses. However taken alone it is the weridest euphoria mixed with the feeling that I have had about 6 shots of Vodka. I bump into and off of everything much like a pinball game. ( Walls are my worst enemy of this stuff) It does however at least take away the edge while one is in w/d. The physical symptoms it does little for but mental effects I find actually bearable. So, do any of you use this medication? Or do you find it "worthless." For those of you who have not heard of this med it is essentially a barbiturate, caffeine, and the dreaded Tylenol ( 325 mg I beileve) .

Just so we are all on the same page I did UTFSE and found very little on this topic.

THEPAINTER1960
05-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Yes i remember taking it but i took fiorecet with codiene. I think that it came as Fiorecet no. 3 and no. 4 with codiene

Scarlettnight
05-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Do they still make that? I take it in addition to Fentanyl and Percocet.

antigonemuse
05-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Yes, I have a script for it every month... I find the high simiular to being drunk, without being sloppy--- loopy, slurred speach, goofy... and it knocks me out as the caffine wears off

it can be extremely addictive, so be careful!!! Getting off of it is hard, and its easy to keep taking more and more (like 30 a day)... My whole family is strung on the crap... Moms just got into a car accident on that stuff...

I have to take like 6 or 7 at a time to get a buzz, but it is not something i turn to often for that buzzz. I perfer my opies. When i withdraw, it does help. Be careful with migraines, daily use can cause rebound migraines (yuck)

Scarlettnight
05-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I only take up to 3 at a time and have been on it for a year. Though between me and my freinds the script goes pretty quick Usually it lasts for about 2 weeks then I am out and off. As far as the headaches go I am plauged by them anyway and have been for years. ( that is where Stadol comes in handy) The 3 I took earlier are kicking in and that familiar uncoordinated feeling is beginning to return.

chemboy7
05-10-2006, 07:30 PM
The Barbituates are old school wallbanger drugs, ranking up there with the Qaaludes... other than this one I think that there are only like 2 or 3 Barbituates that are still prescibed today, and I think that script writing for those is tapering down. And Qaaludes, forget about it nowadays. It's really quite a shame, the high that they produce is unique and unlike that of today's downers. I know that they can be considerably dangerous (as compared to today's benzo and benzo-like drugs) and that the withdrawls from them are said to some of the worst, but it seems like such a waste to put our grandfathers away in such a manor. The barbs I'm not so shook up about, when the time comes may they rest in peace, but I would love to see some quality Qaaludes floating around.

axe
05-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Scarlett just be very careful with any barb or barb cocktail. I've been down that road with Amytals/Tuinals in the past and it wasn't pretty. Car wrecks, lost friendships, just generally stupid and obnoxious behavior. Blackouts (big time) etc.
Combined with alcohol they can be terminal very quickly, as it easy to keep popping more pills when one is drunk.

axe

Scarlettnight
05-10-2006, 08:42 PM
I tend not to drive while on these cause well I cannot safely anyway. As far as drinking I don't do that anyway especially not with these. I really do use them in moderation and I do 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Never had any problems so far. Have been on them a year now. But I think I fear them WAY more than I fear opiates. I kinda know more what I am doing with the opiates. But thanks so much for the heads up and concern. Also thanks everyone for responding.

johnny27
06-06-2006, 07:50 PM
so scarlettnight, is there any proper euphoria from your barb, or is it just a mild sense of wellbeing? also in the 70's when the whole craze was barbs, they where iv'd, which produces a much different effect than oral use, big rushes and truly amazing euphoria. Its one of them feelings that a thousand words could not decribe the euphoria and total peace.

Paregoric Kid
06-07-2006, 02:17 AM
I used to buy that stuff when a friend had a supply for a few months. felt a bit drunk and realized why. my friend just said it was codeine but I looked it up and found out there was butalbital in it. much better than most of the benzos. too bad there aren't higher doses of codeine and butalbital in it.

Scarlettnight
06-07-2006, 07:52 AM
To my dismay there is no Codeine in what I get. It IS 50 Butalbital/100 caffeine/350 tylenol (yuk).

To answer your question johnny27 mild euphoria is way understating, indeed I would say they FUCK ME UP! In that drunk sort of hyper way they, make me talk insessantly as well. I was thinking about banging them but need more info on how to do these first. If anyone has experience in banging these any help would be appreciated.

jab
06-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Let me put a warning out.. I took these for many moons. They have TERRIBLE rebound headaches after a while, that nothing can fix. I recommend only using these for pain releif.

And don't dismay that your preperation has no codeine.. there is very little in the ones that do.

Good luck and be safe!

shaunclo
06-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Since were are on barb's, hows phenobarbital?? I only wonder because this is one of the drugs that my sub doc put me on when I went in to get on suboxone. I mean if barbs are so addictive, how come they gave it to an addict. I think I still have some left, any abuse potential?? he he he he

HistoryofMadness
06-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Since were are on barb's, hows phenobarbital?? I only wonder because this is one of the drugs that my sub doc put me on when I went in to get on suboxone. I mean if barbs are so addictive, how come they gave it to an addict. I think I still have some left, any abuse potential?? he he he he
Can't remember where I posted this but when I was in rehab they put me on the phenobarb, along with some clonidine, and combine with the megadose of benzos I took on the way in... and fuck I stumbled around fucked up AND in WD for several days or so. They are given to reduce the nervousness, jelly legs that move on their own, and sleep, and just the overall panic from the thought of NEVER GETTING HIGH AGAIN holy fuck I'm going to fix my last cuppa right now... hehe actually already chugged it.

But, shaunaclover, I'd say you might enjoy them for a time. Probably potentiate the shit outta opiatics.

devilsdrug
06-08-2006, 09:36 PM
phenobarb are one of the weakest but i do beieve they can be used and abused just takes more , careful now

Saira Bee
06-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I got a prescription for the ones with codeine, and I'm not impressed. I'll probably end up throwing them away. They made my stomach hurt and did little else.

Coddfish
06-09-2006, 06:25 AM
Since were are on barb's, hows phenobarbital?? I only wonder because this is one of the drugs that my sub doc put me on when I went in to get on suboxone. I mean if barbs are so addictive, how come they gave it to an addict. I think I still have some left, any abuse potential?? he he he heYou and I seem to have some of the same likes and dislikes, so I'll say that I was given phenos in detox for sleep (Yeah f'n right) and they only made me dizzier than what I have during normal wd's. Not nice. Refused them when I realized what was going on. Had them once before and hated them. BUT, never had them when wasn't in wds, so ........do what thou wilt. :)

devilsdrug
06-09-2006, 07:23 AM
i doont really know but the butabital doesnt seem to be as clean a high or low since it is a downer as the seconall or nembutol of the ol days, i shot a lot of that stuff yrs ago some street , some liquid pharm, ive told this on here before but one time a guy had like a half pt bottle , rubber septum on top ,we just sat around table taking turns doing shots till u knodded out. i think it about four days to go through it, never left the house and didnt eat much. not exactly smart eh nembutol from a pharm robbery

devilsdrug
06-09-2006, 07:29 AM
as a side note barbs and whites were once very popular and cheap, we use to pay 65$ for 1000 whites , which were sold 10 for a dollar, and reds were 110$ for a 1000, reds sold 4 for a dollar a 1000 was called a jug 10000 a pillow, reds were seconal and whites or beans were an amphetimine

exitwound
06-09-2006, 02:47 PM
as a side note barbs and whites were once very popular and cheap, we use to pay 65$ for 1000 whites , which were sold 10 for a dollar, and reds were 110$ for a 1000, reds sold 4 for a dollar a 1000 was called a jug 10000 a pillow, reds were seconal and whites or beans were an amphetimine

Every time I hear about the "old days" pre-1980 when pharms were sold off in the 1,000count bottles and there were still tens of thousands of "old school docs" who would have mercy on a junkie no less a legit pain sufferer and help them out with meds that today would blow the doors off most people....

.....blah. I shouldn't be such a spoiled bastard with my OC80's 3x per day and plenty of hydro, etc. but it makes me so effing pissed sometimes that prohibition has gotten so far out of hand.

shaunclo
06-09-2006, 02:52 PM
.....blah. I shouldn't be such a spoiled bastard with my OC80's 3x per day and plenty of hydro, etc. but it makes me so effing pissed sometimes that prohibition has gotten so far out of hand.

Damn EW!!!! You get 240mg's of Oxy a day!!! Thats very very nice. I had no idea that when the doc switched you that he hooked you up so good. Nice buddy!

scikid
06-27-2006, 07:41 PM
I remeber getting a script for these my junior year of High School back in the day. I remeber enjoying them alot, shit I think I kept the bottle in my locker. I wonder how I'd feel about them now.

handsome rob
06-27-2006, 08:06 PM
About six years ago my friend had a script of the fiorinal with codeine (blue and yellow capsules) for his migraines. It was quite a cocktail with the butalbital, aspirin, caffeine, and codeine. We used to empty 3 or 4 into a shot of water and drink 'em dowm. The feeling was a mild euphoria with a loss of coordination, like being a little drunk. They were fun back then and I wouldn't mind coming across a few today. Unfortunately that friend died of a benzo (klonopin) and oxycodone overdose. Really too bad, such an intelligent and kind kid. He just loved pills and did them without caution.

exitwound
06-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Damn EW!!!! You get 240mg's of Oxy a day!!! Thats very very nice. I had no idea that when the doc switched you that he hooked you up so good. Nice buddy!

And thank god. I'd be totally screwed without it. My pain continues to be extremely severe.