PDA

View Full Version : mixing a benzo with suboxone

opiobsessed
05-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Anyone here on suboxone ever taken a benzo like a few hours or so before or after taking your daily sub dose? I did this morning when I woke up and I felt so calm and relaxed. I have anxiety bigtime and fear of people(forgot what that's called). Anyway, I took a valium brand 10 and felt great, kind of tired but ambitious to do stuff. Now its noon and I just took my first 8mg sub of the day and feel fine. I'm just curious if anyone else on suboxone has done this and what happened?

ZodiacKiller
05-09-2006, 04:15 PM
I've taken benzos while on Sub and had no prob at all. For me, the Sub takes away most of the physical crap, but benzos really help me relax and it seems that they mellow out the 'cravings', at least a bit. Plus if I take something like a 2mg k-pin, well, they have their own 'buzz' that I enjoy. But nowhere near as much as opies.

chemboy7
05-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Ah, the Benzodiazepines.... is there any problem they can't solve?

shaunclo
05-09-2006, 04:40 PM
This is quite a popular thing for the sub heads here at Opiohile. We love our benzos with our subs. Its probably one of the best ways to get more outta your subs. So benzo and sub on, with caution that is.

Neo
05-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Anyone here on suboxone ever taken a benzo like a few hours or so before or after taking your daily sub dose? I did this morning when I woke up and I felt so calm and relaxed. I have anxiety bigtime and fear of people(forgot what that's called). Anyway, I took a valium brand 10 and felt great, kind of tired but ambitious to do stuff. Now its noon and I just took my first 8mg sub of the day and feel fine. I'm just curious if anyone else on suboxone has done this and what happened?

I mix sub. daily with xanax or klonopin. My xanax tolerance is at an all time high anywhere between 3mg up to 12mg daily. Actually it's Niravam the oral dissolving version of alphalozam (u know). After taking Niravam for a while now footballs and bars just ain't the same. Need to find a new doctor, he jumped on a plane to iraq. He had me on 7mg daily. Man I hope the war is over soon, cause most dr.'s shut their prescription pad when I say that. What sub. dose r u on? Valium can be prescribed for sleep, and can make people more sleepy then Xan.orKlon.

ZodiacKiller
05-09-2006, 07:17 PM
^ Jeez, that is a lot of Xanax!! If I took 7-12mgs of that stuff, I'd be moshing in my kitchen against my will. 1mg of Xanax is usually enough to wipe my hard drive (brain) clean for the night.....:rolleyes:

opiobsessed
05-09-2006, 11:02 PM
took one 10mg valium this morning when I got up because I was so nervous and suffering slight wd's, within a half hour I felt calm and happy as a clam. Then an hour later I took my first sub of the day and things went fine but seemed like the benzo got overtaken by the sub and the sub worked ok but then I took another valium 10 later in the day shortly after taking my last sub of the night and I just felt tired and the sub didn't have much effects. I there a best way or time to take the two? I haven't yet tried taking a valium and then right away sucking on my sub.

psychotiKK
05-09-2006, 11:06 PM
I always take klonopin with my suboxone but I ran out early so I can't have any for awhile. Someone stole about 30 pills from me and I'm almost positive it's my sister. She's the only one in this house who buys them from me.. and she used to be a junkie and is on methadone so I figured she might steal some but I never thought that many. When I talked to my family about it they just assume I took them all. I still had some xanax left from my last doctor to hold me over a few days. I prefer klonopins to xanax. I find the "buzz" to be more enjoyable and less sedating than xanax. My psychiatrist knows I'm on suboxone and still prescribes me 1mg klonopin 2x daily (60 a month). Both of them said it would be perfectly fine to mix the two. I take about 16mg of suboxone daily if anyone is curious. It's very rare for me to take 2 klonopins in a day, I usually only have one.

opiobsessed
05-10-2006, 11:46 AM
This goes to show just how stupid some damn nurses are, boy was I pissed but unable to even say anythng in so much pain, after my recent major surgery. I woke up in so much pain and my doctor was even right there saying "we got to do something to stop him from shaking so bad or everything will come undone inside, lets give him a benzo. This fat bitchy nurse there kept saying "he can't take that or it will interfere with the suboxone" all I could think was, when this shit is over with I'm going to get buzzed so bad to make up for the hell I went through, and I did ha ha and loved the whole week of it off the subs. One day I took two benzo's and 5 hydro's at the same time and I was so nicely calm and buzzed that I was talking to everyone out there which is totally not like me.