PDA

View Full Version : opiates or opiate like drugs that dont show up

kil092286
01-24-2009, 04:34 PM
What are some Opiates that dont show up on a drug test or maybe have to be tested seperately or are like opiates... I know Utram aka Tramadol doesn't... any others?

Poppylvr
01-24-2009, 04:49 PM
What are some Opiates that dont show up on a drug test or maybe have to be tested seperately or are like opiates... I know Utram aka Tramadol doesn't... any others?
It depends on the level of the drug panel. Some low cost ones only show heroin, morphine, codiene. The more common tests show the synthetic narcotics - hyrdocodnoe and oxycodone.
Buprenorphine (Suboxone) does not show up on the current 9 panel tests because it's an expensive test, but bupe is also not a full opiate agonist; it's also an antagonist.

kil092286
01-25-2009, 08:34 PM
It depends on the level of the drug panel. Some low cost ones only show heroin, morphine, codiene. The more common tests show the synthetic narcotics - hyrdocodnoe and oxycodone.
Buprenorphine (Suboxone) does not show up on the current 9 panel tests because it's an expensive test, but bupe is also not a full opiate agonist; it's also an antagonist.

A friend of mine whos on drug court recently dropped dirty for bupe on a 12 panel... he was sent to jail even though he had a script for it... bullshit huh?

Nonphixion
01-25-2009, 08:40 PM
A friend of mine whos on drug court recently dropped dirty for bupe on a 12 panel... he was sent to jail even though he had a script for it... bullshit huh?

NO shit thats crazy, my buddy is scripted subbies and has dropped dirty 5 time and they just think its the suboxone....Not the H he uses...

Poppylvr
01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
That's a serious bummer - they're wising up on us. Nice to pop someone who is prescribed a med to help stop addiction.....

Narkotikon
01-25-2009, 08:55 PM
It depends on what level of test they use. If it's a standard five-panel, it will only test for morphine, heroin, and codeine. The other ones that are commonly tested for are oxycodone and hydrocodone.

When I was at my sister's last week, and she bought one of those at-home drug tests, I was reading the box. They sell different kinds:

One for just pot.
Another for pot, cocaine, and opiates (morphine, heroin, codeine), which is what she bought.
One for pot, cocaine, the "morphine opiates," PCP, and meth.
One for those, plus benzos and oxycodone.
And then the biggest one tested for E, methadone, and I think one or two other things.

On none of them were hydromorphone, oxymorphone, fent, bupe, or things like that listed. But, then again, those are probably more expensive / detailed tests, and weren't available for at-home testing.

I think it just depends on the level of the test, and what opiate you're doing, because they're all processed / metabolized in different ways. The common ones are going to be morphine, heroin, codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and maybe methadone.

On a side note, I'm doing a little happy dance because I think she's going to kick his ass out. I'm beaming with glee. I told her if he gives her any trouble to 1.) call the police, 2.) call me, and 3.) invest in a baseball bat.

I'm mainly happy because she and I have been talking about me moving out of my mom's house and me moving in there, which I wouldn't mind at all. But, I'm not moving in there if he's there. On one hand, it would be good for me because I know my sister wouldn't let me slide by like my mom does. I'd have to be more self-sufficient, which is fine for me and is good for me. Like doing my own laundry. I would actually prefer to do my own (it's an OCD thing), but my mom won't let me do it. My sister has no problem with me doing that myself.

Secondly, it would force me to get a job sooner, because she would insist on me paying something, which is fine, because 1.) it will force me to get a job and be somewhat self-sufficient, and also the extra money could go toward SMT if I chose to go back to a sub doctor.

And lastly, while I do argue with my sister sometimes, and while we don't get along all the time, she at least isn't as neurotic as my mother. Well, I take that back. She is just as neurotic, but about different things. For instance, if I wanted to stay up until 2:00AM there, she wouldn't mind, or if I wanted to go out with friends, she'd just ask me to tell her when I'd be coming back. At my mother's house, I get yelled at for staying up that late on a nightly basis, and I'm also yelled at for going out with friends. So, if she does kick the guy out, I may consider moving there.

And yes I know there's no relevance to that and drug testing, other than that guy and how she made him drop a UA, which he failed, but I wanted to say that, and I didn't feel like it merited it's own thread. So, there you go.

bigNasty
01-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Don't come back here bitching when you move in with her and get comfortable for a few weeks or months and she takes his ass back AGAIN.

And do those tests tell you which drug you failed for or does it just give you a positive or negative answer? Reason i ask is because i thought your sister bought him some weed a week or two ago

Narkotikon
01-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Don't come back here bitching when you move in with her and get comfortable for a few weeks or months and she takes his ass back AGAIN.

And do those tests tell you which drug you failed for or does it just give you a positive or negative answer? Reason i ask is because i thought your sister bought him some weed a week or two ago

1.) I don't think she'd take his ass back again, and also I wouldn't stay there if she did. And plus, I didn't say I would definitely move in there. I think she's finally realizing that he's not this great guy she thinks he is. And I hate to be like "I told you so," which I'm trying to not do. But, yes, I am glad she's getting fed up. I'm getting a lot of joy out of it.

2.) Yes, she did. She wasn't primarily concerned about the weed. She was concerned about the cocaine. I guess they don't make a test just for cocaine. The simplest one that tested for that also tested for pot and opiates. She doesn't really care about the weed, but does about the cocaine. Which I don't think is rational. But, there you go. Actually, after she gave him the money to buy it the last time, she said she's not going to be giving him any more money for it, because he apparently smokes like a fiend, and why should she have to pay for his pot habit? What she thinks he's doing now is that he's been trading his Xanax script for weed / coke. It's all one fucked up soap-opera type thing. But, she's not giving him money for weed, and she said he's been smoking it still, and he's not got any money, so I do kind of think he's trading his pills for weed. She also said he's been really irrational and irritable for the past few days, so she's probably going to be giving him another UA, because she suspects coke. I hope he fails it again.

Edit: I didn't actually look at the little cup when she tested him when I was there last week, but from reading the box, I think it has a strip / line that appears if it's positive. Kind of like an at-home pregnancy test.

bigNasty
01-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Edit: I didn't actually look at the little cup when she tested him when I was there last week, but from reading the box, I think it has a strip / line that appears if it's positive. Kind of like an at-home pregnancy test.
So does she know he tested positive for coke or was it just positive cuz of the weed?

Narkotikon
01-25-2009, 09:36 PM
So does she know he tested positive for coke or was it just positive cuz of the weed?

It was positive for both coke and weed. But because she let him smoke up, she knew it would be positive for that. She was only concerned with the coke. The opiate test was negative, but that didn't surprise me, or her, because he doesn't do opiates. I think for that test (pot, coke, opiates) there were three lines / strips that could appear: one for weed, one or coke, and one for opiates (morphine, heroin, codeine). She said it tested positive for pot (which she knew it would) and coke. So two lines showed up: coke and pot. But, she bought that test because they didn't sell a "cocaine only" test. They do apparently sell a test just for pot, but she knew he'd test positive for that. She was primarily concerned about the cocaine.

bigNasty
01-25-2009, 09:38 PM
OK i figured she was only worried about the blow but i wasn't sure if the test just had one strip that would show positive or three seperate lines for each drug

SHELLEY
01-26-2009, 04:04 AM
OK i figured she was only worried about the blow but i wasn't sure if the test just had one strip that would show positive or three seperate lines for each drug

now THAT would be fucked up!
that would mean, at my methadone clinic,
that if you are taking your dose as prescribed
you'd test positive for crack and e? hah! :rolleyes:

dharma bum
01-26-2009, 08:58 AM

Drug court is one of the few places I've heard that test for it regularly. And some suboxone clinics though my new one doesn't.

It worked for a while here where I live. People in Drug Court were doing Suboxone and word got out....

I've personally witnessed some people go back to jail or sent back to rehab for fucking neurontin and/or ultram, prescription or not. If they were in drug court.

Thebane
01-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Kratom doesn't show up, if you're not sensitive to its side-effects it will make you much more comfortable while pissing clean.

kil092286
01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I've personally witnessed some people go back to jail or sent back to rehab for fucking neurontin and/or ultram, prescription or not. If they were in drug court.

How? it doesn't show up on a drug test... they get caught with it?