PDA

View Full Version : Fort Knox Morphine Stockpile

wizardofoz80
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I remembered hearing somewhere that Fort Knox had a ton of drugs along side all the gold. I was up late last night looking for a site to comfirm this but couldnt find one. This morning when I woke up I turned the TV on and low and behold a special on Fort Knox that I had seen before talked about the morphine and opium stored there within a minute of turning the TV on. If I was the last person walking around the earth I think I might take a road trip to Fort Knox..

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19930916&slug=1721425

Shuteyetrain
01-22-2009, 03:42 PM
I would think that if society collapses, and its "every man for himself", drugs will be one of the major, if not THE major currency.

"So officials are investing another $7 million to preserve the unneeded drug stores, making the sale of the $23 million worth of narcotics even more unlikely and difficult."
Ha, I could think of a few potential buyers...

losangeleslifer
01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
MMMMMMM.

34 tons of opium and morphine.

MMMMMMM.

dieselbaby
01-22-2009, 09:54 PM
That article is from 1993 so I'm not sure if it's still accurate. It's definitely something to drool over, though. Like those police evidence rooms. Give me a few minutes in there with a duffel bag.

farmpkm
01-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Anyone else remember seeing news footage of looters dragging giant safes from pharmacies during Katrina? Scoring a whole fuckin safe of narcotics would make a hurricane wiping my city out not seem so bad. Ever since I saw that there's a little piece of me that can't wait till some major shit goes down in my town. You idiots can go on looting flatscreens from Best Buy, but I'm going for the gold!

They also talked about hospitals that were completley abandoned in the flood. I had fantasies of walking down those empty hospital corridors, pushing one of those wheeled IV drips full of anything I wanted... and not a soul around to stop me. Mmm... Like a wet dream.

Papa Verine
01-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Anyone else remember seeing news footage of looters dragging giant safes from pharmacies during Katrina? Scoring a whole fuckin safe of narcotics would make a hurricane wiping my city out not seem so bad. Ever since I saw that there's a little piece of me that can't wait till some major shit goes down in my town. You idiots can go on looting flatscreens from Best Buy, but I'm going for the gold!

They also talked about hospitals that were completley abandoned in the flood. I had fantasies of walking down those empty hospital corridors, pushing one of those wheeled IV drips full of anything I wanted... and not a soul around to stop me. Mmm... Like a wet dream.

I have some old Outlaw biker friends from Milwaukee (OK, 2 of them to be exact). They told me a story of stealing a safe one time. I won't go into all the details but it was in Milwaukee in the 70's. They pulled it out by breaking through the wall from the business next door. The stories were just as you would imagine them. Talk about drooling all over yourself...

Duckfeet
01-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Some bikers up at Sturgis SD (the big bike meet) hit *two* drugstores on the same night, back in 1982...bikers were pretty much still druggie lowlifes, back then...I had ridden up there, but never saw any of the dope...but it was too congested for cops to get near the stores, even tho the alarms went off...

And anything like Katrina, the serious junkies are laying dead for drugstores and hospital pharmacies...we aren't going to be sick, and methadone clinics were closed...junkies are thinking about dope, *long* before the people think about stealing t.v. sets and groceries...those guys knew right were to go, and it was kept kind of quiet, too, for some reason...I guess w/the loss of life and destruction of city, nobody much gave a shit about the dope being taken....it's only hugely valuable on the streets: the actual property value of stolen drugs was small, compared to all the other shit taken...

soulninja
01-22-2009, 11:57 PM
I was stationed on Fort Knox (and locked up)back in the late 90's. I dont know about the drugs but they dont really use it for storing gold anymore as far as i know. LOTS of weapons though.

wizardofoz80
01-23-2009, 04:14 AM
Well the TV documentary I was watching yesterday morning when I woke up said that they still keep the stockpile there. I know that article was from 93 but I just wanted something to show you guys because I cant show you the history channels show on fort knox. I wonder how they would distribute the morphine. By the time they send it to the drug manufacturers and distrubute it in whatever pills/ampules they make I'm sure it would take a long time. I know they stockpiled it as a years supply but I'm sure that since they aquired it the national average of the countires year supply has probably doubled.

jacky
01-23-2009, 05:00 AM
well, in the case of a national emergency,...
at least in this country...

"they" would fucking use it for their own devices.
they would cut the shit.
and flush the remainder down the toilet for the common citizen to fish out in their daily rations.

I dont trust the US government to really take care of its common people.

but that is interesting news to me...
I wasnt aware that the morphine reserves were kept at fort knox.

what they should do with it....is convert part of it into morphine analogs that are more potent.
and then..
they should distribute a portion of it to all willing US citizens as a form of economic stimulus package...so that poor junkies get a few months break off the "grocery" bills.
and so that people suffering from pain dont have to pay shitloads of money for an organic compound that should cost 1/100th of the price it does today.

bodymore
01-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I am willing to bet they have a big as stash of dope and coke 2

StinkyPickle
01-26-2009, 03:18 PM
It's gotta be pretty old, I would think they need a person appointed to sample every batch to make sure it's still holding our fine country's high standards of quality. The line for an application forms behind me :p

edhorfin
01-26-2009, 03:24 PM
well, in the case of a national emergency,...
at least in this country...

"they" would fucking use it for their own devices.
they would cut the shit.
and flush the remainder down the toilet for the common citizen to fish out in their daily rations.

I dont trust the US government to really take care of its common people.

but that is interesting news to me...
I wasnt aware that the morphine reserves were kept at fort knox.

what they should do with it....is convert part of it into morphine analogs that are more potent.
and then..
they should distribute a portion of it to all willing US citizens as a form of economic stimulus package...so that poor junkies get a few months break off the "grocery" bills.
and so that people suffering from pain dont have to pay shitloads of money for an organic compound that should cost 1/100th of the price it does today.

Now THAT'S an economic stimulus package I could really get behind. I guess I knew we had strategic reserves of morphine, but never really wondered where. Now I'm beginning to wonder where all the other strategic reserves are kept. LIke oil for example. I know we have a shitload of oil somewhere, but where?

Since the UK uses diamorphine, do you think they have strategic reserves of smack somewhere?

JayTrizzle
01-26-2009, 03:26 PM
It's accurate, it's still there, morphine and opium is stockpiled there in case of a massive national/international emergency.

Paregoric Kid
01-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I read somewhere that after the communist revolution in Russia (but before the formation of the soviet union) the money wasn't backed by precious metals but by their opium reserves. http://www.uncorneredmarket.com/photos/picture/1769865031/
unfortunately our money isn't backed by anything; I'm all for returning to a precious metals standard, but maybe they should also back it with opium too lol

ryan
01-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Money backed by opium? Sounds like a utopian society :D

:D:D:D

KiloByte
01-29-2009, 01:08 AM
At last, we know what became of all those stockpiles in Afghanistan.

Narkotikon
01-29-2009, 01:16 AM
There was a program on the History Channel about Fort Knox a few months ago, and I think the program is a few years old because I remember seeing it then too, but anyway, it said they store "narcotics" and "opium and morphine" there in case of an emergency. I know opium can be stored for long amounts of time, and that it actually gets better with time because the longer it sits the more moisture it looses and it increases in value, but I'm not sure of what the shelf-life of pharm-grade morphine would be. Maybe 25 years? I don't know. I know pharms last a lot longer than the year or six months they say on the pill bottles. Shame on anyone who would flush pills after a year, simply because they're a year old.

But, I wonder if they restock the supplies with "fresh" meds once every while.

And yes, I've thought about what I would do in a natural disaster. I know I'd be thinking about "hmmm, I wonder what they did at the hospitals / pharmacies." If the world is going to end, hell yes I'm getting high.

alowishus
01-29-2009, 04:24 AM
The only thing I know for sure that is at the Fort is the only ever made WWII German Panther II.
Plus a shit load of new M1A1 Tanks of the US of A.

A breakdown of law or not YOU anit getting past those tanks. :(