PDA

View Full Version : Kratom on a plane

HydroApe
01-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I know it's a completely legal plant but would there be any problems carrying a 60gram bag onto an airplane?
I'd like to take some on a trip but don't want any hassles.
Anyone know?

Thanks again

HydroApe
01-20-2009, 04:10 PM
PS:
I've said this before on a previous post,
but I am one skeptical bastard, and did not believe in Kratom.
I'm telling you that this enhanced Bali is as if I've found a holy grail.
I need to be careful because I can tell my tolerance is creeping up there, but I am so excited at my discovery.
I'm sure our DEA will step in and criminalize this soon enough. They always do!

Thebane
01-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Well, I didn't feel like taking the chance the 1 time I flew with it, in case I got a dick of a airport worker who didn't believe it was kratom rather than some other drug, though I don't know of any street drugs that would really resemble it. I just hid it in a metamucil container and sprinkled some metamucil on top. I don't know how they would pick that up other than digging through the container of metamucil with their own spoon or something, since when it's x-rayed it should look the same as kratom powder vs. metamucil powder.

I figured even if I got caught it would just cause a delay for it to be identified, no real repercussions. And if I hadn't disguised it I think the chance they would have chosen to detain me and identify it would have been much greater.

tch2296
01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Haha, funny to see this thread.

Several years ago, before I delved into full-time opiate addiction, and was still experimenting with Vicodin, I had to take the trip back to Boston (where I'm from) from Santa Barbara, CA (where I go to school). I have made this trip many, many times and I feel a need for inebriation on every single trip.

I made a point of taking several Xanax before I go to the airport, smoking several grams of pot, and drinking on the plane, but one time I found myself craving opiation as well. Being too scared to bring my stash of Vics, I brought an ounce of Kratom powder.

I left the powder in its bad from the supplier, labeled "Kratom 30 grams", so it didn't look like a bag of heroin. I had absolutely no problems. I swallowed 7 grams in tissue paper in a bathroom stall at LAX, and was feelin' alright all the way to Boston.

However, I cannot recommend it; I did it successfully, but I am wary to recommend it to someone else as there is a possibility you could be detained on suspicion of possesion. At the least, it is going to be shady going through security, as it was for me. But at the worst, you could be detained, at least until they test the substance.

HydroApe
01-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I won't chance it. Especially since I'm traveling with my boss on a business trip. That would be embarrasing.
I suppose I could order it and have it delivered to the hotel I'm staying at.
Actually, that sounds like a damn good idea.

alowishus
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Well, I didn't feel like taking the chance the 1 time I flew with it, in case I got a dick of a airport worker who didn't believe it was kratom rather than some other drug, though I don't know of any street drugs that would really resemble it. I just hid it in a metamucil container and sprinkled some metamucil on top. I don't know how they would pick that up other than digging through the container of metamucil with their own spoon or something, since when it's x-rayed it should look the same as kratom powder vs. metamucil powder.
I figured even if I got caught it would just cause a delay for it to be identified, no real repercussions. And if I hadn't disguised it I think the chance they would have chosen to detain me and identify it would have been much greater.
Dude you ever seen those "X-rays"; they aint like just black and white. If you hide something like a bag of a different color, weight, texture, etc - inside a container w/ some other power they will see that in a second.
Those x-rays are in color and show different types of metals, plastics...haven't you ever watched the screen as stuff goes through?
Google them.
I would just dump out the metamucil and put in the kratom, unless you are flying into or out of some place like thailand, I'd bet BOTH, not just my left one, nuts that the guy looking at it wouldn't know it from real metamucil.
But that shouldn't be an issue because it aint ILLEGAL.
Grow a set.

tch2296
01-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, if you had to do it, the Metamucil thing would be a good idea.

When I took 70 Norcos on the plane once, I simply took all the pills out of a vitamin bottle and loaded it with the Norcos. They are just going to see a bottle of vitamins, no way some security guy is gonna bust out a pill-identification kit.

InfectedMushroom
01-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Last time I flew I capped a bottle full and just tossed them in some herbal vitamin bottle. Just saves me the hassle of getting stopped with a bag of stuff, cause you know these airport people don't know what the hell Kratom is and will assume its "powdered marijuana" and have security tackle you...:rolleyes:

Thebane
01-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Dude you ever seen those "X-rays"; they aint like just black and white. If you hide something like a bag of a different color, weight, texture, etc - inside a container w/ some other power they will see that in a second.
Those x-rays are in color and show different types of metals, plastics...haven't you ever watched the screen as stuff goes through?
Google them.
I would just dump out the metamucil and put in the kratom, unless you are flying into or out of some place like thailand, I'd bet BOTH, not just my left one, nuts that the guy looking at it wouldn't know it from real metamucil.
But that shouldn't be an issue because it aint ILLEGAL.
Grow a set.

Grow a set? Like you said, it isn't illegal. It's a matter of catching the next flight or the one you should be on, I think I'll take my flight and not be delayed in case I get some dipshit airport security guy. And thanks for the color tip, next time I'll skip sprinkling real metamucil on top.

Just saves me the hassle of getting stopped with a bag of stuff, cause you know these airport people don't know what the hell Kratom is and will assume its "powdered marijuana" and have security tackle you...:rolleyes:

Exactly my point. Hiding it makes it less likely they will see it, and that means less chance of anyone who sees it deciding to have it analyzed or seized while you sit in the airport forever.