PDA

View Full Version : Potentiator

podmain
04-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Someone a while back asked about potentiators for opiates and I meant to respond but for some reason forgot... hmm... and I quit smoking weed ages ago. Anyways...

A little bird told me by far the best potentiator with either Hydrocodone or Oxycontin is Dimetapp Childrens Allergy Medicine. The actual antihistamine is Brompheniramine maleate at 1mg per tablespoon, with a suggested adult dose of 4tablespoons (4mg BM). Effects include a substantial prolonging of the effects of both hyrdro and oxy but with amazingly positive results with oxy. Also seems to increase the effects a noticeable amount. The only way to describe the benefits really is it makes a normal Oxy dose (whatever yours may be) feel like the initial rush over and over again for hours, as opposed to an initial rush and then gradual decline of Oxy/Hydro effects. Also, you don't need to take a great deal. Just take the 1-2 times the suggested dose. Anymore really doesn't increase the effects any and could make you sick (throw up). It does make you a little tired but the pseudoephedrine in it kind of levels it out, but also means you have to provide ID to buy it now (so keep that in mind before you start scraping those matchheads, :) ).

If anyone else has any good potentiators that little bird would be interested and I'll pass them on.

(inaudible screams)
08-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Do you take the Dimetapp right after you take the opiates? Or is it better so wait 10-15 minutes.

I've also heard that Nexium can act as a potentiator. I've never tried it though.

Hammilton
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
hmm.. never took that one. I wonder why antihistamines would feel good on opies. I'm sure theres more going on than simple potentiation (like the things that shut enzymes off- nexium, tagamet etc).

I mean, something that has central effects can't simply be a potentiator here. Can it?

CUBErt
08-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Diphenhydramine and Grapefruit Juice are the 2 most common I hear of with opiates. I bookmarked this thread a long while back from Bluelight, about opiate potentiation. Someone could find some valuable info here.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=252569

bodangly
08-11-2006, 03:59 AM
I take Nexium daily, and when I first started it definitely made opies a lot stronger, and I had to lower my dose a bit to not get sick. Now though, I'm used to it and my dosages have crept back up (and beyond where they were, thats another story though =D ). I'm not sure it even does anything anymore for me, but yea it potentiated at first, but its one of those daily meds and its prescription only so it isn't likely to last as a potentiator once your body gets used to it.

defenestrate
08-19-2006, 09:06 PM
here is a link specifically about opiate potentiation:
http://coldwaterworld.com/potentiators.html

and this is my favorite table of cytochrome p450 enzyme inducers/blockers/susbstrates (do some reading to understand, but this is good stuff):
http://dcp.utmem.edu/SF.AM.CARE/documents/fm%20education/EBM/drug%20interactions/CYP450%20interactions.pdf