PDA

View Full Version : How many mgs done = 80mgs oc?

Dan Steely
12-31-2008, 07:36 AM
A friend of mine offered to let me try his done. He's got extra take home in liquid form. I don't do needles so I would be drinking it. Also how long does it take for the full effect to kick in? Empty stomach? or certain foods make for better buzz? Fyi I actually sniff smack not oc. I get ok dope from a solid connect. These days I can sniff 2 bags right up to get pretty f'd up.

Just trying to figure out what a good done dose would be for me. I am not impatient and I am cautious. I would probably do some and wait and do some more once I knew where I was at.

Preciate any advice.

southernbelle
12-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Raz would be the person to ask about this, but *please* be careful Dan! All I know is it takes a long time to kick in and that's where folks get in trouble. They keep taking more trying to get off and all of a sudden.....

upstate_007
12-31-2008, 08:06 AM
I hate to even recommend a starting dose, but I would say start with 30mg or so. I find that it takes up to 3 hours to really feel it, so give it some time before you add more to the mix.

As long as you don't expect the same sort of feeling as oxy or h you should be fine.

reddragon3668
12-31-2008, 09:55 AM
I just used one of the online coversion thingys and it differentiated between acute dosage and chronic. Acute dosing is the same: 80mg of done is equivalent to 80mg of oxy in a person who doesn't have it built up in their system. For someone taking it everyday, 12mg of done is supposed to be equivilant. So, since you don't take it on a regular basis, and your tolerance is 80mg of Oxy, I would wait to make sure there is nothing in your system (cross tolerance) and then I would take 40mg. You should feel its full effect within an hour and a half but don't redose until at least 3 hours has passed, like upstate said. He is also right in that you should not expect to feel anywhere near the same as you do on Oxy. If you do redose, do it in 20mg increments up to 80.

Done is a different animal. It is, however, one of the best pain meds I've taken (I was on it for six years). It is especially good for those of us who suffer nerve pain. I've been off of it now almost 18 months but there are times when I am tempted to go back to it. It really is a great analgesic in my opinion.

Be very careful!

pizzaboy
12-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Done is a different animal. It is, however, one of the best pain meds I've taken (I was on it for six years). It is especially good for those of us who suffer nerve pain. I've been off of it now almost 18 months but there are times when I am tempted to go back to it. It really is a great analgesic in my opinion.

Be very careful!

I agree that 'done is the only thing that works on nerve pain...at least the only thing that I've ever found.

It works for a long time too...but it's a bitch to get off.

I've fooled around with this stuff for years...and it is nothing to fool around with. It sneaks up on you. The advice here is sound...be patient with 'done!

I've beaten my tolerance down quite a bit in the last few months...having spent over a month on nothing but 2mg of subs a day. So...I don't need a whole lot to keep me moving about....20 mg a day usually does it. I took 15 mg around 8:00am...I didn't begin feeling really well until around 11:00am.

Give it time, and don't overdo it.

EleusisII
12-31-2008, 10:25 AM
In my experience, it takes about an hour to kick fully in, and don't be scared by all the horror stories. As long as you don't redose, or take another opiate the same day, you'll be fine.

Regarding dosage, that''s te tricky part. The online converters only give you half the picture, I think it's a very individual thing, here's my experience.

I always took methadone to get hiiiiiigh, and back in the day, my oxy tolerance was 40mg, and 30mgs of methadone did the trick. These days, my oxy tolerance has trippled, but for some reason, my methadone tolerance has only doubled. Think it's a good way of keeping tolerance in check... Switching from your DOC to methadone every now and then...

Kristy85
01-02-2009, 06:06 AM
My meth takes an hour to properly take effect but it may be different for you. I don't get any sort of buzz from it either but again, that's because I'm used to the stuff and also I'm down to a meezley 20ml now.

Princess
01-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Dan, why exactly are you going to use it? For pain, to stay well or to try to get high?

I wouldn't recommend trying it for a "high". You will be disappointed. Not to mention the risk involved. I would say 30 mg to start. and don't take anything else that day (within the 24 hour window)... to be on the safe side. Personally, I'd save it for a rainy day... when you're out and about to be sick, but that's just me.

JayTrizzle
01-02-2009, 06:28 AM
aye, 30mg was what I was gonna say, damn princess we got this wierd mind meld thing going on this morning lol. but you wont get high, bro, you wont be sick, and you amy get a little buzz but you wont get blasted at all. thing is, you're gonna have to go almost a whole day wihtout anything to get back all the recptors to feel AS high as you normally would from your oxy. so, i think done is way better than subs for when you're sick, but unless you need it to kick, or MMT, or for pain, I wouldnt reccomend it.

frankie
01-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Raz would be the person to ask about this, but *please* be careful Dan! All I know is it takes a long time to kick in and that's where folks get in trouble. They keep taking more trying to get off and all of a sudden.....
I agree with you one hundred percent, i do know that it takes awhile to start to feel any effects so people tend to re dose and then the unthinkable happens but when i was on it for pain relief it worked wonders for me, it happens to be one of the best pain relief meds that i have ever taken, but please dan be careful and take your time...

rockbottom
01-02-2009, 09:21 AM
no tolerance at all--i used to buy 40mg wafers off the streets-was a great long lasting high--i really like the done high--a little more subtle but so long lasting---wish i had some right now

Voyager
01-02-2009, 09:41 AM
No way that acute Methadone dose is the same as acute Oxycodone dose !
Oxycodone effects lat for 6 hours, while Methadone effects last for 24 hours, so 4 time longer.
When you take 50mg of Oxycodone, you'll have those 50mg cikcing yopu constantly for 6 hours.
But when you take 50mg of Methadone, you have those 50mg kicking you constantly for 24 hours.

I know how the switching from Methadone to Morphine and Hydromorphone is done.
Since Morphine is almost the same strength as Oxycodone, maybe like 20% stronger, the conversion from Methadone to Oxycodone would be like this.

If you are taking 100mg of Methadone a day.

You will need 800mg of Morphine, but slow release, not IR, or you will overdose !
So, if you have MS-Contin or M-Elson which last up to 12 hours, you'll need 400mg in the morning, and again 400mg more after 10 to 12 hours.
If you have Substitol or Kadian (I think that I understood that Kadian works for 24 hours), then you'll need one 800mg dose in the morning.
That's 800mg of Morphine during the 24 hours span.
Equivalent to one 100mg dose of Methadone.

Oxycodone ?
You will need 600mg of Oxycodone, but in the extended release, not IR !

So, you have OxyContin which lasts for 12 hours.
Thus you will need 300mg of OxyContin in the morning, and 300mg of OxyContin again after round 10 to 12 hours.
That's 600mg of Oxycontin within the 24 hours span.

Thus, if you are taking 80mg of Oxycodone all in one dose at once, a day.
You'll need round 15mg of Methadone, that's equivalent.

If it's oral Hydromorphone, you go like this.
If you are taking 100mg of Methadone a day, you'll need 64mg of oral Hydromorphone a day, but in the 24h extended release form (Jurnista), or 2 x 32mg in 12h extended release form (Palladone, HydromorphContin).
So, either 1 tablet of 64mg Jurnista in the morning, or one pill of 32mg Palladone in the morning, and one more pill of 32mg of Palladone after 10 to 12 hours.
That's 64mg of oral Hydromorphone within the 24 hours span.
Equivalent to 100mg of oral Methadone.

Hey, everybody, I forgot !

HAPPY NEW 2009. YEAR TO ALL OF YOU MY DEAR OPIOPHILE FRIENDS, TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES, AND MAY ALL YOUR WISHES AND OPIOIDS COME TRUE.
SALUTATION ON ALL THE POINTS OF THE TRIANGLE, PEACE, TOLERANCE, TRUTH, AND GOOD HEALTH !

rockbottom
01-02-2009, 10:05 AM
i dont think youll feel shit at 15--clinics usedto start at 40mg now i guess they start at 30-----one thing a clinic doesn't want is liability---for overdosing a new patient---yuor looking for a high not pain relief---u can take 15 for pain relief try30 to get high

Motown
01-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm with RockBottom on this one. I love methadone. Long lasting - a bit subtle, but gives me a great boost. It does take a while to kick in - around 40 mgs should suffice.

duck
01-02-2009, 12:47 PM
I hate to even recommend a starting dose, but I would say start with 30mg or so. I find that it takes up to 3 hours to really feel it, so give it some time before you add more to the mix.

As long as you don't expect the same sort of feeling as oxy or h you should be fine.

I do an 80 of OC for breakfast and a 30 of done is way, way too much for me. Anymore than 20 and I'm sick as fuck. They're similar, but I don't think it's wise to equate 80mg to a certain level of done based on someone who is accustomed to done, for someone who isn't.

underide
01-02-2009, 05:25 PM
In my experience, it takes about an hour to kick fully in, and don't be scared by all the horror stories. As long as you don't redose, or take another opiate the same day, you'll be fine.

Yeah, that seems to be the same for me
For some reason i don't get why people say it takes 'up to 3 hours' or more to start feeling their 'done properly

Could it be some individual metabolic issues or something?

In my case - I can feel my 'done in 1 hour tops, proper
Sometimes when i have been waiting to dose more than 24 hours (i go to the clinic at different times every day, but usually i'm at the clinic between 10am to 12 pm, depending on my working hours) i can even start feeling it start working in under 30 minutes, after which it just keeps increasing in potency for the next hour or so

Actually, most of the time i start feeling my oral 'done in about 30-40 minutes (and that's when i start popping benzo's)
But even before i was an avid benzo-fiend, i honestly remember feeling the full effects within the hour, after which i would get a slight opiate glow and a slight energy/'life-starter' buzz, that would last for about 2-3 hours and then i would just sweat a lot and feel normal.
And yeah i agree that after the initial hour after dosing i can feel an increase in potency, but only slightly.

Dan - like most folks here say 30mgs should be no problem, maybe even 40-50mgs, if you say that you do 2 bags of dope. And if it's good dope you're doing you might be quite disappointed with 'done, even at a large dose. (Although you never know - you might like it too, since evidently some people take quite a liking to it in some cases, and sometimes with tragic consequences)

But then again - that is just my opinion and experience
Maybe you best err on the side of caution and listen to everyone who says to go low, but 30mgs should be pretty safe IMO, especially for someone with a dope habit

litetite420
01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
i would taKE 60-80 MG OF DONE

Badly Drawn Girl
01-02-2009, 08:26 PM
In my case - I can feel my 'done in 1 hour tops, proper

My dose kicks in exactly one hour later. You can set a clock by it. When I used to take 'done pills recreationally it actually hit faster. Don't know why that is.

rockbottom
01-03-2009, 01:02 PM
^^^+1-------for me 1hr --set a clock by it

Brony
01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
A friend of mine offered to let me try his done. He's got extra take home in liquid form. I don't do needles so I would be drinking it. Also how long does it take for the full effect to kick in? Empty stomach? or certain foods make for better buzz? Fyi I actually sniff smack not oc. I get ok dope from a solid connect. These days I can sniff 2 bags right up to get pretty f'd up.

Just trying to figure out what a good done dose would be for me. I am not impatient and I am cautious. I would probably do some and wait and do some more once I knew where I was at.

Preciate any advice.

According to dosage converter I checked on the net, 10mg of methadone is equal to 80mg of oxycodone.

Keep in mind, that conversion is for pain relief, not euphoria, so your mileage may vary. But it would be prudent to start low and go slow. Methadone takes a while to kick in.

Dan Steely
01-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I still haven't gotten around to trying the done. I will but it might be awhile. I just finished a chunky smack binge and made the switch back to bupe so like I said it might be a spell before I get to it.

squareone
01-07-2009, 04:25 PM
When I dose I take a 60mg of oxy then the other 20mg in 30 minute or more and i took 20mg of methadone felt very little the first hour then did 6mg of diluadid and was super high for over 13-14 hours.

resorcinol
01-07-2009, 04:45 PM
I think for *acute* dosing (one time dose, or infrequent doses), methadone is just slightly stronger than oxycodone, maybe 1.2x-1.5x more potent (I'm considering PO / oral administration here, which for done and oxy is pretty accurate to their true mu opioid agonist potency, since they both have high oral bioavailability). So a 40-70 mg done dose or so is probably equivalent to an 80 mg oxycontin. Note the wide range. Be careful.

The high is different though. Methadone takes longer to fully kick in (although you start to feel *something* just as quickly, it takes quite a bit longer to peak, which is part of the reason so many people overdose on it), and lasts a lot longer. It's less euphoric overall though, and much more sedating. Probably more intense in the body high department, less intense in the mind. I've never tried methadone myself so I'm going on conversion tools for potency and peoples' experiences with it and consensus on how its effects stack up to other opioids.

Since it's got a long half life, the equivalent dose drops with chronic dosing (more often than once every two days or so). The equivalent for chronic dosing may be more like 20 to 40 mg methadone to 80 mg oxycodone, although you may need the "acute" dose for the first dose to stave off w/d totally immediately, since otherwise it would take a few days to reach steady state and be = to the oxycodone potency. This is called a "loading dose" in pharmacology and applies to all drugs with a long half life. The equivalent dose for chronic dosing is lower because the drug accumulates in the body over the first few days of dosing due to its long half life, leading to a "stacked" dose.

Be careful with methadone, it takes longer to peak, has a long half life, and is highly sedating compared to other opioids. All of these things make its overdose potential higher than other opioids. Start lower than the "equivalent doses" to account for incomplete cross tolerance AND individual body chemistry (methadone is absorbed irregularly by different people... for some its oral bio-a is extremely high, for others it's just moderate ... this causes plasma concentrations from the same dose to vary quite widely from person to person. Oxycodone on the other hand is pretty reliable from person to person as far as absorption orally goes; it's got around a 90% oral bio-a for pretty much everyone)..

rockbottom
01-07-2009, 04:53 PM
yeah that sounds why all the junkies shoot up the first couple days that 40 doesnt hold them for at least 2 days

Dan Steely
09-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Update;

I finally got around to trying methadone. I am very glad I started this thread and refered back to it before I took the plunge.

I have a .2mg/day bupe habit but other than that I chip with h every wk or 2. I usually do 2 or 3 bags of what I suspect is just ok dope. I would say that a bag is roughly (very roughly) about equal to a 40mg oc but that is really just a guess because it's been a long time since I've done any oc. Anyway the 2/3 bags gets me ripped cause my bupe habit is small and I don't chip more than once a week.

So being a cautious and patient (and informed thanks to this place) doper I started off with 2 10mg pills and like many said I felt it start to come on after about 1 hr. I also did eat a tagament 1hr before. And like many said it really took the done almost 3 hrs for it to really get going. At this point I figured it would be ok to ad 1 more to it. I should have just added a half as it wound up being just a little too much but but it wasn't too too much, it just made me a little queesy. All in all I have to say I really enjoyed it and will def do it again.

Very strong stuff imo. and very very slow to reach peak effect. I upped the dose about three hours after the first and I think I should have waited even longer.

I can see how methadone could be VERY DANGEROUS!!!

I'm very glad I asked and listened and was patient.

I'm not sure about the strength compared to oc because it's been so long but I'm almost positive I could put back an eighty with no problem and 30mgs of done was a little too much.

I would also add that I would never take with any alcohol or benzos in me.

It is obvious to me that this is a drug to be extremely careful with.

That said though, me likey :), and holy cheap!

roxi*stardust
09-01-2009, 03:26 AM
I just used one of the online coversion thingys and it differentiated between acute dosage and chronic. Acute dosing is the same: 80mg of done is equivalent to 80mg of oxy in a person who doesn't have it built up in their system. For someone taking it everyday, 12mg of done is supposed to be equivilant. So, since you don't take it on a regular basis, and your tolerance is 80mg of Oxy, I would wait to make sure there is nothing in your system (cross tolerance) and then I would take 40mg. You should feel its full effect within an hour and a half but don't redose until at least 3 hours has passed, like upstate said. He is also right in that you should not expect to feel anywhere near the same as you do on Oxy. If you do redose, do it in 20mg increments up to 80.

Be very careful!

This information is from a dosage convertor and is WRONG. You should NEVER use the acute dosage coversion, because of what is called incomplete cross tolerance. I would start with 10-15 mg and that's it.

Dan Steely
09-01-2009, 04:06 AM
Thanks roxi I thought that was way off. I've been in this game a few years now and done a wide variety of opiates and heard about how strong and dangerous methadone is many times but I was still shocked by how strong it is.

I would like to reiterate that although I could feel it after an hour, it really didn't reveal how strong it was until at least 3 hours had passed. I really should have waited well over 3hrs before I considered doing any more. If I had waited a little longer I think I would have left well enough alone.

I feel obligated to stress that this is a very powerful and dangerous drug even for people that have tolerance and experience with opiates. A lot of us have heard these warnings many times and for damn good reason.

Chipper
09-01-2009, 04:08 AM
If you overdo it, you get nauseous. For hours and hours. If you get the llaid-back warm glow and want to feel the same the next day, you have to use heaps more because your receptors are ready occupied The tolerance/euphoria ratio with methadone is not a good return.

I'm with Roxi. The line between nausea and glow is a fine one, but only for short time. I'st like leaving too litlte time between H doses - you stop feeling it but it's much more extreme.

Chipping with done is more frustrating than anything else but fortnightly worked for me. It just hangs around. Pain killing doses start around 5-10 mgs for the opiate-free and last for ages.

EDIT: Whoops, I missed your response to Roxi. too late!

Paregoric Kid
09-01-2009, 04:32 AM
I would say anywhere from 40-80mg. it is really hard to accurately convert with methadone. I think it is stronger than oxycodone but some people don't feel that way. personally I think 40-60mg is better than an OC 80. mg for mg I'd take methadone over oxycodone any day. I'd say start with 40mg and see how it goes.

Dan Steely
09-01-2009, 04:42 AM
If I had done 40 mgs I would have been puking my guts out.

DCBA
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
for those of you who say they can feel their dose:

how much do you take and for how long?

I've been doing methadone for 1 year and a half and besides relief i cant feel shit.

skeezerjohns22
09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
yeah, with done, IMO your first dose doesn't have to be anything huge (20-30mgs is plenty)...but after you start taking it on a consistant basis your tolerance can grown rather rapidly..

roxi*stardust
09-01-2009, 11:04 PM
If I had done 40 mgs I would have been puking my guts out.

For certain! If you're taking 80mg of Oxycodone throughout the day, 40mg of Methadone is TOO MUCH! I take 180mg of Oxycodone daily and sometimes more if I have extra (rarely) and I can take 30mg of Methadone in a single dose and feel it pretty well, a nice buzz even; plus I stay well the entire day and even several hours into the following day if it has built up.

Dan Steely
09-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah done is crazy strong. 30mgs got me higher than 3 bags of dope and lasted til, well, I'm still kind of high now. BUT, it took well over 3 hrs to really get goin. 30 mgs was actually too much for me. I should have stuck w/20.

underide
09-02-2009, 05:00 AM
for those of you who say they can feel their dose:

how much do you take and for how long?

I've been doing methadone for 1 year and a half and besides relief i cant feel shit.

I've been on methadone for almost 5 years now
At the start of the programme i was actually pretty disappointed with it, especially since i couldn't get high off heroin anymore, even after taking rather substantial doses of it on top - it just made me nod out a lot and i also noticed that frequently i would end up with a splitting headache after injecting H on top of the 'done, especially when the dose was more than enough

After a while i got used to the methadone and even though i initially intended to only stay on maintenance a couple of months -to a year, tops, i still ended up taking it and staying on the programme to this day

i was on 85 mgs until last year, where i dropped 10mgs (i was going to drop more since i was really hoping to go for Ibogaine treatment, and still do) - so now i take 75mgs a day

Around the end of last summer i ended up addicted to benzo's, which i started to take dayly and at rather substantial doses on top of the methadone, and this addiction lasted a year and i'm still paying for the consequences of it.
the methadone/benzo mix i found to be very seductive and incredibly addictive

Still after a while i was both forced, and at the same time actually wanted to get off the benzo's, (plus my Ibogaine doctor/therapist insisted that i drop the benzo's if he was to consider me going through the treatment)

Now i'm still detoxing off benzo's, but i had a nervous breakdown recently (ending up in hospital) and got a benzo script so i basically ended up relapsing, even thoug it was a 'legitimate' relapse in some sense

Prior to the breakdown i was scripted librium at the clinic in order for me to detox, and they tapered me down and took me off it just over two weeks ago
the librium wasn't enough so i was taking Zopiclone on top (and some ambien at night), but i was reducing the dose down to where i was only taking 15mgs of Zopiclone a day (just prior to my break-down)

So, once my script for Valium runs out i still obviously intend to be taking Zopiclone on top of my methadone, but i will resume reducing the dosage, but maybe take it a lot slower this time
(the only reason i'm rtaking Zopiclone to taper is because the clinic does not allow proper benzo's uless they were prescribed to youi by the clinic) and they seem to turn a blind eye on Zopiclone and Stilnoct, which i find is pretty messed uyp considering that it's just as hard to get off Zopiclone and the withdrawals are just as bad

It's been a hell of the last few months, due to the benzo withdrawals

Anyhow - sorry if the above post didn't answer your question, but i know that there are a lot of people here who are facing a situation similar to mine, and the methadone, topped up with benzo's is a pretty common way of maintaining -i.e you actually feel the methadone, or rather the methadone/benzo mix, that's why me and others take that mx in the first place, i suppose...
the benzo's and methaodone are a hell of a seductive mix thou, and i would advise anyone who is not legitimately scripted the benzo's to stay away from them, especially if you are on methadone, since i never would have though that i would end up in this situation

Motown
09-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Yeah done is crazy strong. 30mgs got me higher than 3 bags of dope and lasted til, well, I'm still kind of high now. BUT, it took well over 3 hrs to really get goin. 30 mgs was actually too much for me. I should have stuck w/20.

Sorry Steely. Methadone has never hit me very hard. Didn't mean to stear you wrong.
I'm glad you listened to the others. :D