PDA

View Full Version : OTC Opiates in France - What a place!

mamasou
11-22-2008, 03:17 AM
Hi!

Just got back from a business trip to France and ...voila!

An OTC paradise opened in front of me!

Although I am not into anything French (cuisine, language, cars, culture etc) I was impressed by the way things are concerning opiates.

Anyone, can have access to codeine, ethyl morphine and dihydrocodeine OTC and without any hesitation.

The strongest I could get hold was dihydrocodeine 60mg slow release in a 20-pill-per-box pack for less than 10 euro.

Actually if u just crash the pills in your mouth they become instant release!!

The brand name for it is: Dicodin L.P. 60mg.

SeVeN
11-22-2008, 03:27 AM
Hi!

Just got back from a business trip to France and ...voila!

An OTC paradise opened in front of me!

Although I am not into anything French (cuisine, language, cars, culture etc) I was impressed by the way things are concerning opiates.

Anyone, can have access to codeine, ethyl morphine and dihydrocodeine OTC and without any hesitation.

The strongest I could get hold was dihydrocodeine 60mg slow release in a 20-pill-per-box pack for less than 10 euro.

Actually if u just crash the pills in your mouth they become instant release!!

The brand name for it is: Dicodin L.P. 60mg.

What!? Thats awesome.

EleusisII
11-22-2008, 03:30 AM
Gotta say, that sounds more like a greedy/dirty pharmacist than official policy.
Codeine yes, but ethyl morphine and 60mg DHC?

One time I was in Jerusalem, I managed to buy some "otc", or rather under-the-counter xanax, but I doubt it's legal...

mamasou
11-22-2008, 03:49 AM
Codeine yes, but ethyl morphine and 60mg DHC?

Codeine is for kids over there.

And as strange it is to you, it was to me at first, but it is OTC to buy Dicodin 60mg controlled-release tablets in France. I bought them from several different chemists with no suspicion at all.

Now the ethyl morphine is not sold alone but with codeine for better effect.

Actually the brand name for the OTC ethyl morphine & codeine drug is Tussipax.

marshalldylan1
11-22-2008, 04:02 AM
This is probably the only good thing about being french.

Being smelly, eatin cheese, and OTC opiates

Raisin
11-22-2008, 05:38 AM
That's not funny my mom is French.

simfromstoke
11-22-2008, 06:29 AM
That's not funny my mom is French.

so...
im english..
we english are all emotionally subdued
snobby
and walk round with sticks up our arses..
and..

germans are efficiant...

italians are passionate...

who gives a fuck about generalisations...
(most of them are true anyway...)

Nu Jerzey Devil
11-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Hell yea!! I can attest for this too, I got was fortunate enough to go to france last year, and of course I did my research to see what the laws were. I can't speak a word of the fuckin language but my girlfriend was there to tranlsate. Anyway, yes I walked into a busy pharmacy and they had all 3 options that you listed: codeine, ehyl morphine, and Dihydrocodiene. Most of them are in combinations, like I got some DHC AND a ethylmorphine/codeine combo. Worked great because I ran out of my scripts halfway through the trip.:rolleyes:

simfromstoke
11-22-2008, 09:06 AM
so...
im english..
snobby
and.. oh yeah.. americas favourite gerneralisation about all us english -we got ALL got teeth

germans are efficiant...

Okay..okay, Raisin i can see how Marshalldylans response offened you
by him saying "the ONLY good thing about the french.."
but unless you are proper 100% french how could it REALLY bother you

oh and FYI i love france. been there 14 times, thats 30 weeks, so you could say ive spent over half a year there so its not like ive got no idea about the french
all my cars for the last 9 years have been french. i love the language, the spirit of the french people, and the country is beautifull and i especially LOVE french birds (ive never met one yet who smells bad, lives on cheese and has a major codene habit)

just my 2 cents....

-sim

Raz
11-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I used to live in Normandy France, in a farmhouse miles from anywhere.....Made some good friends, which came in very handy when i was stuck wiv a power boat there...(thats another story, fuckin customs wankers)....

Lived there coz missus was pregnant and we needed to be drug free....Beautifull place but the climate was shit, unless ya was a farmer...Fuck did stuff grow over there....
Sim,in your lorry driving ting, you ever cross the Pont Tancaville, just outside le havre?....I lived not far across the bridge....

simfromstoke
11-22-2008, 09:50 AM
I used to live in Normandy France, in a farmhouse miles from anywhere.....Made some good friends, which came in very handy when i was stuck wiv a power boat there...(thats another story, fuckin customs wankers)....

Lived there coz missus was pregnant and we needed to be drug free....Beautifull place but the climate was shit, unless ya was a farmer...Fuck did stuff grow over there....
Sim,in your lorry driving ting, you ever cross the Pont Tancaville, just outside le havre?....I lived not far across the bridge....

soz mate.. wasa just watchin the footie. stoke had JUST scored. 1-0 west brom
and millwall still drawin wiv orient

ill be back in 10 mate.-to anwser yer qusetion. just wanna see the final results

Raisin
11-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I was shitfaced last night and being sarcastic. Sorry guys.

clinton
11-22-2008, 12:56 PM
are they strong enough to stay well?
do they have a limit on how many you can buy?
you walk in pick them up and voila?

Saint
11-22-2008, 01:28 PM
are they strong enough to stay well?
do they have a limit on how many you can buy?
you walk in pick them up and voila?

I wanted to ask exactly that. I lived in Spain and thought it would be easy to get some OTC stuff but no way. A little codeine tops... with a lot of hassle and talking BS. So, I was a little disappointed.
Being a Francophile, I'd love to know what exactly you got and how you got it/asked for it.
I mean: did you say 'I'm in pain - lost my script/meds or whatever - and am usually RX-ed so-and-so back home'?
What did you say to get this stuff in the first place? (I guess you didn't know the brandnames in French as well so it must be difficult to get what you want - if you get it at all that is..).

EleusisII
11-22-2008, 01:52 PM
I was shitfaced last night and being sarcastic. Sorry guys.
Ah, trying to do the good ol' ugly ignorant american shtick, eh? ;)

Yeah stereotyoes suck...
I wonder why the hell the french got that reputation or stereotype anyways? As Sim said, they have great cars (Fuck, beats most american cars) great food, beautyful people....

Indy
11-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Ever notice how when Americans stereotype a european country it's cause they're "stupid, fat bigots" (in itself a generalization), but when europeans stereotype Americans suddenly "oh no, it's the truth"

matfield
11-22-2008, 02:30 PM
i didnt know that you can get dhc so easily in france but i heard that subutex was very easy to get for a long time over there..and still is.. some guy at detox who lived near the german/french border told me- and im not quite sure/cant remember if he told me that it was even otc some years ago and its only now that you need a script-but still-very easy because you just need a normal script, not scheduled...
well anyways-subs- very easy to get in france...not scheduled..you just need a "normal" script.
and you can basically buy them anywhere.

oh and the french....
they are crazy. they really are. i used to love france..the language...(actually i still do)

but right now im a bit francophob. cant stand anything that reminds me of france or french guys.
because my "true":rolleyes: love who was french left me.

Narkotikon
11-22-2008, 03:10 PM
The DHC is great, but aren't ethylmorphine and codeine the same thing? I know that methylmorphine IS codeine (codeine is just another name for methylmorphine, just like Heroin is the brand name for diamorphine or diacetylmorphine). Are ethylmorphine and methylmorphine different? Or is it the same, but just with the "m" cut off? If it's the same, ethylmorphine would be codeine, just under a different name.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up. Ethylmorphine is different from methylmorphine (codeine), so they are two separate chemicals, although closely related.

Seedy
11-22-2008, 03:18 PM
France sounds like a good place - 35 hour weeks, free health care, the women, and now OTC opiates!!!

rockbottom
11-22-2008, 03:22 PM
i have a beautiful 17yr old daughter--going to france on spring break --im gonna FORCE her to mail me back some shit--she knows im a druggie so shell doit---also going to Amsterdan i know some friends that get small quanties of hash mailed from there---so i go that coming too--if she doesn't doit shes gonna be on me shit list------FUCK IT just use a fake return address--:D-----maybe i can get some e too;)

Nu Jerzey Devil
11-22-2008, 03:23 PM
The DHC is great, but aren't ethylmorphine and codeine the same thing? I know that methylmorphine IS codeine (codeine is just another name for methylmorphine, just like Heroin is the brand name for diamorphine or diacetylmorphine). Are ethylmorphine and methylmorphine different? Or is it the same, but just with the "m" cut off? If it's the same, ethylmorphine would be codeine, just under a different name.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up. Ethylmorphine is different from methylmorphine (codeine), so they are two separate chemicals, although closely related.

Yea you are right, they are very similar, codeine has a methyl group -CH3 Attached, and ethylmorphine has an ethyl (-CH2CH3) attached to the Oxygen in the 3 position instead of the methyl. Effectwise, they produce almost exactly the same effects.

Narkotikon
11-22-2008, 03:23 PM
France sounds like a good place - 35 hour weeks, free health care, the women, and now OTC opiates!!!

Don't forget the bread, cheese, and wine. I love French food / cuisine. It can either be simple and rustic, or elegant and haute cuisine. Either way it's delicious. I will say that those fuckers must be genetically superior. I don't know how people can eat heavy cream, butter, bread, and triple cream cheeses all day, every day and stay so damned skinny. Maybe it's portion control, but there's got to be something else to it too.

Nu Jerzey Devil
11-22-2008, 03:24 PM
i have a beautiful 17yr old daughter--going to france on spring break --im gonna FORCE her to mail me back some shit--she knows im a druggie so shell doit---also going to Amsterdan i know some friends that get small quanties of hash mailed from there---so i go that coming too--if she doesn't doit shes gonna be on me shit list------FUCK IT just use a fake return address--:D-----maybe i can get some e too;)

hahaha, really!?

clinton
11-22-2008, 03:32 PM
have her send you some bread,wine,cheese etc to rockbottom..
its all delicious.....
i oFten wonder why the French have such a rich Food culture yet a country directly across From it (united kingdom) have such a horrible horrible history oF cuisine..honestly though

im sure the French have nasty ass Food as well ( i.e. horse) its just not as well known to us americans as the british Food is

Saint
11-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Ever notice how when Americans stereotype a european country it's cause they're "stupid, fat bigots" (in itself a generalization), but when europeans stereotype Americans suddenly "oh no, it's the truth"

But it is! The truth.. ;) Just kidding

You are right & although we probably both stereotype each other, coming here has changed my view of Americans. Not that I hated them before or anything, but on Opio you just get to know
another breed for a change. Most of them with different views than the average US citizen I guess.

The media in Europe just love to show the ''Hawai-shirt-Mc.Donalds-XXL-Bimbo-Dumbass-I-am-soooo-like-over-him'' type of American. They just do.
We all know peope like that live all over the world, not just in the US. But somehow the European media love to emphasize that aspect of US society and leave everything else out.
Not fair but what can you do.

Narkotikon
11-22-2008, 03:38 PM
im sure the French have nasty ass Food as well ( i.e. horse) its just not as well known to us americans as the british Food is

Yeah, I'm sure every culture has weird foods. I know the French (like most cultures) have things made from the intestines, and other organ meats of animals. And they eat escargot (snails). I don't care if snails are good or a delicacy, I'm not eating them. I will, however, eat all the brie, truffles, brioche (sort of like an egg bread), puff pastry, and Bordeaux that I can get my hands on.

alowishus
11-22-2008, 03:38 PM
But it is! The truth.. ;) Just kidding

You are right & although we probably both stereotype each other coming here has changed my view of Americans. Not that I hated them before or anything, but on Opio you just get to know a different breed for a change. Most with different views than the average US citizen I guess..

The media in Europe just love to show the ''Hawai-shirt-Mc.Donalds-XXL-Bimbo-Dumbass-I-am-soooo-like-over-him'' type of American. They just do.
We all know peope like that live all over the world, not just in the US. But somehow the European media love to emphasize that aspect of US society and leave everything else out.
Not fair but what can you do.

Watch Fox news.

Saint
11-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Watch Fox news.

We can only get CNN here. But I think I know what you mean, have seen FOX-news when living in S and M America..

Seedy
11-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Don't forget the bread, cheese, and wine. I love French food / cuisine. It can either be simple and rustic, or elegant and haute cuisine. Either way it's delicious. I will say that those fuckers must be genetically superior. I don't know how people can eat heavy cream, butter, bread, and triple cream cheeses all day, every day and stay so damned skinny. Maybe it's portion control, but there's got to be something else to it too.

Ahh true, they drink wine for lunch there i hear too!

Narkotikon
11-22-2008, 04:50 PM

They do in Italy too. When I went there with a school trip during Junior year in college, I would have wine every day for lunch and dinner (primarily to numb myself from the sorority bitches who were on the trip too). It was great. Although I think the professor who was guiding the trip thought I was an alcoholic.

EleusisII
11-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Whats wrong with horsemeat? It's delicious!

EleusisII
11-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Fuck I just remembered, you know what the coolest part about France is? If you're smoking a joint, you always ask people around you if they want to smoke. Even strangers.

I've had so many tokes of joints from complete strangers in French trains, riding down from Paris or Geneve to Provence and Nice.

Aix en Provence has to be the most beautyful city on earth, ah the memories!

Oh, and they yell this weird thing when they smoke. "Bamboleh!" or something like that.
Well not everytime obviously, but for example I remember this musicfestival in southern france, it's nighttime, but the light from hundreds of campfires illuminate the festival-plain like a hundred fireflies. And a couple of times a minute, some french fucker smoking a joint at one of the campsites would pierce the night with a "Bamboleh!!"

Saint
11-23-2008, 04:58 AM

Oh yeah, good memories, I went grapepicking there a few times and the farmer always put 4 or 5 bottles of his own wine on the table with lunch. They started pouring at the first break in the field about 10.30. Everybody drank wine, there was nothing strange about it.
Hard labour in beautiful surroundings with a bunch of wacko people. Happy days.

the Red qUeen
11-23-2008, 05:59 AM
Yea you are right, they are very similar, codeine has a methyl group -CH3 Attached, and ethylmorphine has an ethyl (-CH2CH3) attached to the Oxygen in the 3 position instead of the methyl. Effectwise, they produce almost exactly the same effects.

Here's proof of my long standing argument, "Dope made me smarter.."
I am a walking PDR.
I know more about drugs than most people dispensing them!
It will turn you into a chemist! I spend hours upon hours researching things that sans drug fetish,
I'd have never given a second glance.
I just got back from six months in England, lots of successful codeine rinsing to get through that!
I learned quickly what brands have less binders and wash cleaner.
Thank fuck I have a palate for bitter, or I'd have been screwed!
I must admit, I miss good dope from the States, once upon a time, the only thing I was crushing with
mortar and pestle was Avinza 120's.. those were the daze!!
http://images.rxlist.com/images/rxlist/avinza1.gif
Better Living Through Chemistry!!!

Snowpod
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
First of all i want to apologise for the shameful necro.. Though i think a couple of points are relevant.

OTC situation in France can be as easy or as difficcult as you are willin to make it, like. France is fairly beurocratic at the best of times (have to get permission to re-fit a window.) BUT- the pharmacy situation is much less structured than thatof the US and the UK. So its more down to the discretion of yourself and the pharmacist on what youre given. So if you go t'pharmacy and act like a baw-bag, youll get stone-walled.

Secondly: POPPIES! Papaver somniferum love the french climate, especially in' south ( ceven es ) where the farm lands are pretty infertile, hilly and unwatched by anybody but one fahrmer ever square mile. Ive seen plenteh of poppies growing on hill faces in mid-july and its worth keeping an eye out for.

Finally (no need to read this, realleh) the French are as diverse and interesting as any other people, with their own cultures and merits. I do notice that unlike Southern England, they are less worried about winning or one-upping other countries, but take pride in their own work more often, they have 2-3 hour lunch-breaks!

Oh and whoever was concerned about the horse meat, have you ever had a big-mac? Americans and English (mostly scottesh) consume worse...

I lived in france fur a while so i though ad drop a thought in here :)

simfromstoke
04-13-2012, 08:38 PM
THATS AN AMAZING BUMP ^^^^^^ four years late, mind, but conscience has no concept of time

oh and ps in england ypu can easily still purchase OTC morphine, codene, dihydrocodene, dxm, phenlyephidrine/pseudoephedrine etc etc.. without any bullshit ID's/whatever although you might have to fake a runny nose if the chemist is too inquisitive...
(i still love france though..and will live there one day very soon)

-sim

Fat Pie
04-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Joe's got a cough, sounds kind a rough,
Yeah, and the codeine to fix it.
Doctor prescribes, drug store supplies,
Who's gonna help him to kick it?

Torn and Frayed - Exile on Main St.

struggler
04-13-2012, 11:12 PM
so...
im english..
snobby
and..

germans are efficiant...

*REPPED

Why get gent out of shape because of stereotypes and generalizations?!!? It's just a waste of energy IMO!

danny
04-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Why get gent

gottle a geer...

borohydride
04-14-2012, 08:03 AM
DHC + HBr + H3BO3 ---> DHM

de synthèse sur la table de cuisine ... voila (baiser cette merde crocodile!)

Benz
04-14-2012, 10:10 AM
DHC + HBr + H3BO3 ---> DHM

de synthèse sur la table de cuisine ... voila (baiser cette merde crocodile!)

Kitchen table synthesis of dihydrocodeine to hydromorphone, this doesn't make shitty krocodil? (very roughly)

Also, ethylmorphine is allegedly between codeine & morphine in strength. It can't be pinned for the same reason codeine can't (massive histamine release & oedema, potentially fatal)

Benz

borohydride
04-14-2012, 12:51 PM
^Dihydromorphine, in fact, but you obviously paid attention in school! My French sucks but I am OK with face-to-face Dutch which is kind of 'optimized German' - I can understand German TV from speaking Dutch (and they have some good cops shows). Kind of sad that Latin & Ancient Greek were the staples of my school... 'caecilius est in horto' and so on.