PDA

View Full Version : Rinse/wash/Cottons

blutuesday
11-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Why the fuck do I even bother with this shit?

I have always been the type that saves my cottons religiously and then when I run out of boy, I gather all the cottons from various locations and try to get a wash.

9 out of 10 times, this is complete bullshit. I do all that work, then add extra hole in my self for nothing. Pisses me off...but I can't not do it.

About 4 times in my life, I got a reallllllly good wash. One of those times was when I had like a months worth of cottons when my ex was selling tar, and I ended up putting them in a ladle and when I did the shot I was out like a light.

Sometimes I purposely leave my cottons soaked in anticipation that I will need a wash later, but most of the time I don't think ahead and suck the cottons totally dry.

Still I try though, still I try.

Nu Jerzey Devil
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I do the same thing everytime and another thing I like to do is leave a small amount of powder in my bags and when I finish a bun I will go back and get the extra powder out of the 10 bags, and between that and the cotton I usually get off pretty well.

blutuesday
11-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I do the same thing everytime and another thing I like to do is leave a small amount of powder in my bags and when I finish a bun I will go back and get the extra powder out of the 10 bags, and between that and the cotton I usually get off pretty well.

Yeah, leaving some is SO hard to do. I always am like "fuck it, Ill figure it out tomorrow." You have WAY more willpower than I. Leaving the cottons soaked is even hard for me, shit! :rolleyes:

simfromstoke
11-12-2008, 04:47 PM
i always save my filters.they've saved my arse many a time.i even found a ziploc bag earlier this year with nearly a hundred filters in it.they were well over 2yrs old but i cranked every last one of em and spent 4days happy/not rattling

Nu Jerzey Devil
11-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Yea, as long as I have dope my will power is alright, but when I run out I get desperate... go figure. Just wondering though how would make a shot with 100 cottons!?!?

simfromstoke
11-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Yea, as long as I have dope my will power is alright, but when I run out I get desperate... go figure. Just wondering though how would make a shot with 100 cottons!?!?

Te he he...
4 cranks a day for four days = one hundred filters & one happy shopper!

smack man
11-12-2008, 05:21 PM
i always save my filters.they've saved my arse many a time.i even found a ziploc bag earlier this year with nearly a hundred filters in it.they were well over 2yrs old but i cranked every last one of em and spent 4days happy/not rattling

How did you manage to save that many filters? you must have forgotten about them, huh? yea so what is the process you go through to get a single shot out of many cottons like that? I've only washed a couple at a time, with poor result. I have been doing a lot of roxy's lately so i usually do the wash right away instead of saving the filter but i'm curious as to how you get a bunch of cottons into one shot??? doesn't that give you cotton fever?? i've never had it but my buddy says it's horrible.

simfromstoke
11-12-2008, 05:26 PM
How did you manage to save that many filters? you must have forgotten about them, huh? yea so what is the process you go through to get a single shot out of many cottons like that? I've only washed a couple at a time, with poor result. I have been doing a lot of roxy's lately so i usually do the wash right away instead of saving the filter but i'm curious as to how you get a bunch of cottons into one shot??? doesn't that give you cotton fever?? i've never had it but my buddy says it's horrible.

Id moved back to moms house to do my rattle and just came across them up in the loft in a holdall from back in my flat where i had a teenth a day habit.
I was rattling at the time when i found them and knew i had no money for four days so to say i was ecstatic would be a slight understatment.and it was loads of fun trying allsorts of different types of gear in the same day

oh and to cook up -i just put 5 or 6 in a stericup with some citric and cook away.then take the flame away, mash em up a bit, remove em with tweezers then get my pin on all the removed filters and draw up the remains in the pin and squirt it back on the spoon and refilter -just to be on the safe side

as long as you filter them properly you wont get cotton fever -all cotton fever is is a fibre of cotten that has gotten in the pin and when you inject the fibre its just your body rejecting it

blutuesday
11-12-2008, 05:30 PM
how you get a bunch of cottons into one shot??? doesn't that give you cotton fever?? i've never had it but my buddy says it's horrible.

I once found a BUNCH of cottons, like a months worth and had to use a ladle. You have to put in major work, lots of squeezing and cooking. I have had cotton fever once, but never from doing a wash. The reason I personally had so many cottons that time was because my ex was selling large amounts of tar, and we always had too much dope to give a fuck about a wash. We would do shots in various locations around the house, and I just went and collected them all. Like, there would be a spoon under the bathroom sink with a cotton, then there would be a few in a cabinet etc. We used to have a bad habit of doing a shot then just kinda stashing the used spoon wherever.

Not sure about sim but that is how my one big cotton score went.

Also, just a few minutes ago I did this wash and it took me off of ill. Nothing spectacular, but it at least took the yanks off.

smack man
11-12-2008, 06:06 PM
ah ok thanks for the info. i've heard about people getting good results from cottons, but from my own experience i usually end up with a dope cotton and a couple oc cottons and just mix them together, squeeze them out and grab a new cotton and do whatever is left in there. Sometimes i get a decent hit but usually ntohing special. SHOULD i keep the cottons in the spoon when i cook it up? cause i usually soak them and just squeeze them out.

blutuesday
11-12-2008, 06:12 PM
ah ok thanks for the info. i've heard about people getting good results from cottons, but from my own experience i usually end up with a dope cotton and a couple oc cottons and just mix them together, squeeze them out and grab a new cotton and do whatever is left in there. Sometimes i get a decent hit but usually ntohing special. SHOULD i keep the cottons in the spoon when i cook it up? cause i usually soak them and just squeeze them out.

I do it both ways, just depends on how nasty/loaded they look. Usually if they look pretty loaded (usually u can tell if they are hella crunchy) I just add water, squeeze like hell then use a lil flame without leaving them in there.

My ex guy does it with the cottons in the spoon. He puts em all in, mashes em down, squeezes em. then puts flame on them with the cottons in the spoon. Then he takes them out, resqueezes them and then draws it up. He swears thats the only way to do it, but like I said, I have done it both ways and tend to do things the easiest way possible with the least amount of work.

Try leaving a few cottons soaked, not by a lot, but just squeeze a lil out of each real shot onto some cottons and then try eiter method. If you leave the cottons wet enough you shouldnt need to do my ex's method.

smack man
11-12-2008, 07:05 PM
ok cool thanks it seems i've got the right idea. like i said what i've been doing works but i just don't usually have more than a few cottons anyawy. sometimes i will do the cotton wash and throw in an extra roxy to really boost it up, that freakin works great it like doubles the potency. good luck to ya hopefully the next thread will be about what to do with all the dope you have. you will forget all about the cottons when you have a bundle or two in your pocket or a bottle full of pills.

blutuesday
11-12-2008, 07:27 PM
ok cool thanks it seems i've got the right idea. like i said what i've been doing works but i just don't usually have more than a few cottons anyawy. sometimes i will do the cotton wash and throw in an extra roxy to really boost it up, that freakin works great it like doubles the potency. good luck to ya hopefully the next thread will be about what to do with all the dope you have. you will forget all about the cottons when you have a bundle or two in your pocket or a bottle full of pills.

Right on. I should be good on the dope tip tomorrow. Just seems like an eternity!

dieselbaby
11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Best way to cook used cottons is to get yourself an oral syringe, the 5ml size, and take the plunger out and throw all the cottons into the barrel - heat up some water in the spoon and draw it up into the syringe and let the cottons soak and then you can squeeze out all the juice. Cotton shots are really only good for getting rid of your sickness, and this is only if you have a lot of them. This method though is by far the best. They give out the oral syringes for free at CVS, Walgreens, etc. and I use them to make my normal shots too so that I don't have to stick the needle into the cotton directly, it keeps everything sterile and makes it filter a lot easier.

Duckfeet
11-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the land called Cotton Fever...

blutuesday
11-12-2008, 09:10 PM
I have had cotton fever once, but never from doing a wash.

:D

Raisin
11-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Cotton fever is not always caused by the cotton. It can be caused by bacteria on a spoon on you skin or fingers or in a previously used syringe. Cottons left damp can be a breeding ground for bacteria. It can come from a lot of places but wherever it comes from it sucks.

Last time I had it my whole body hurt the next day from the uncontrollable shaking and my whole body clenching up. Not fun. In a perfect world we would all use new rigs every time and clean our hands an the injection site with alcohol but I can remember finding cottons on the floor of my car and tasting them to see if there was any dope in them and then rinsing them and shooting. Aaah it's a charmed life we lead.

blutuesday
11-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Cotton fever is not always caused by the cotton. It can be caused by bacteria on a spoon on you skin or fingers or in a previously used syringe. Cottons left damp can be a breeding ground for bacteria. It can come from a lot of places but wherever it comes from it sucks.

Thanks! Very tru!!!! It is just nicknamed "cotton fever"

Raisin
11-12-2008, 09:53 PM
there is a bacteria found in processed cotton which is where it gets it's name but I'd be willing to bet that more times than not it's not the culprit.

pharmboy
11-12-2008, 11:38 PM
No tellin what might start growing in a damp cotton after a couple hours.

I would file this under only for emergency's.

And then filter the shit out of the wash and maybe boil ?? Maybe not IDK.

Nu Jerzey Devil
11-13-2008, 01:39 AM
No tellin what might start growing in a damp cotton after a couple hours.

I would file this under only for emergency's.

And then filter the shit out of the wash and maybe boil ?? Maybe not IDK.

Yea i'm with you on that one, but that usually doesn't stop me when I'm really jonesing.... do what you gotta do.

SeVeN
11-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Why the fuck do I even bother with this shit?

I have always been the type that saves my cottons religiously and then when I run out of boy, I gather all the cottons from various locations and try to get a wash.

9 out of 10 times, this is complete bullshit. I do all that work, then add extra hole in my self for nothing. Pisses me off...but I can't not do it.

About 4 times in my life, I got a reallllllly good wash. One of those times was when I had like a months worth of cottons when my ex was selling tar, and I ended up putting them in a ladle and when I did the shot I was out like a light.

Sometimes I purposely leave my cottons soaked in anticipation that I will need a wash later, but most of the time I don't think ahead and suck the cottons totally dry.

Still I try though, still I try.

Think about the future. Don't suck your cottons dry. Leave them to where they are just damp and when they dry they get hard. That way you are guaranteed to have dope. Dont be so greedy girl.

blutuesday
11-13-2008, 02:18 AM
. Dont be so greedy girl.

Hahaha. This made me smile. You know you are right!!!!

Easier said than done though!!!

simfromstoke
11-13-2008, 08:46 AM
yeah thats probably the most important point :ALWAYS DRY YOUR FILTERS PROPERLY if you want to save em for a rainyday.if you just chuck em staight in a plastic bag they'd be mouldy by the next day.Bacteria thrive on sugars or whatever else your gear been cut with

DCBA
11-13-2008, 03:36 PM
They give out the oral syringes for free at CVS, Walgreens, etc. and I use them to make my normal shots too so that I don't have to stick the needle into the cotton directly, it keeps everything sterile and makes it filter a lot easier.

Could you explain more..?!? Be careful with cottons, specially if they are moist, they are a real nice place for bacteria to grow, at least try to let them dry before storing them in some kind of ziplocks or something.

Duckfeet
11-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Sure...but there's a *reason* it's got that nickname...I never got cotton fever from washes either...until I did...because what happens, is if a day old wash gives us even a faint buzz, then we figure--since we ain't all that hygenic anyway--why not do a *two* day old wash...

Hell, I've done week old percodan washes, just cause it still looked yellow, and not gotten cotten fever...usually...other times, I've done, like 2 day old heroin washes, and gotten it, and got it bad...but usually I survived (bad joke, I know)

To me, getting cotton fever once in a while, was just part of "the game"...no biggee...but most of the times I got it, it was from "beating" older cottons, and hoping that that brown juice that came out, had some junk still in it...usually it didn't...but I just *had* to try...

good luck!

Thanks! Very tru!!!! It is just nicknamed "cotton fever"

limestoneman
11-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the land called Cotton Fever...
Right? The worst headaches of my life..

rcb
11-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Fuckin' hell. I dug through my car, finding every filthy piece of cotton on the floor or wherever and rinsed them. That was grimey as hell.
But yea, I usually do save my cottons when I know i'm going to need them later on. To make things worse, i always end up using a disgusting and dull dirty ass needle when im trying to rinse my cottons, so I miss about 20 times turning my arm into a fuckin pin cushion. In the end, it never even gets me high. Dunno why I bother. Fuckit.

matfield
11-14-2008, 12:37 PM
shit-misunderstood something and wanted to delete but didnt figure out how to do. sorry.just ignore this and keep on discussing the cottons,please

The_Highwayman
11-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Not cottons but I would usally leave a little specks of poweder in the bag when I was empting them, hoping that all the "scrapings" as we called them could equal a shot, it never EVER worked so I was scraped everything out the 1st time out!!!!