PDA

View Full Version : brain tumors from dope use?

rizzo
11-11-2008, 11:07 AM
i heard from a friend,that one of her friends,was diagnosed with a brain tumor.she says that her doctor attribuited the tumor to her heroin use over the past few years.....has anyone ever heard of that.from what i understand,heroin isnt as harsh on your body as other hard drugs like crack,or meth.

CTdopeLove
11-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm gonna call bullshit on this one. The doc can attribute the tumors to whatever he wants, but pure heroin is not physically harmful to the body. Opioids can actually be beneficial to the body, as they slow heart rate and respiration, lessening stress on the body.

Now she's obviously not getting pure heroin, it could have been cut with something carcinogenic, but I seriously doubt any worthwhile dealer is going to cut their heroin with something harmful, as their primary goal is to keep customers coming back forever.

Tell your friend her doctor is a moron, and she should probably see another doctor if she wants to live through this (or if it's terminal, at least live the rest of her life pain free and being treated properly).

~CTdopeLove

InfectedMushroom
11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey, are you in the Hanover area down by MD or the Hanover area up in NePa?

SeVeN
11-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I think blanketing the tumor simply to H use is wrong. But who knows, could have played a huge part, but i doubt it. Plenty of people who have never touched an illicit substance end up with tumors and thats one hell of a guilt trip to lay on your friend with no definate proof or even studies to support that.

clinton
11-12-2008, 12:10 AM
can someone please explain the connection?
ive ReseaRched opiates and the damage to youR body that long teRm use of said dRug type can cause...suRpRise suRpRise....the pRopaganda would have you think something else
but in Reality opiate use causes no long teRm damage to the body..
im only speaking of opiates taken oRally...i know that iving can cause shitloads of issues with veins,skin etc...
i also know that some synthetics cause heaRt damage in ceRtain cases....
but a tumoR? cmon! sounds like the doc is lying to his patient and is attempting to use the patients tRust to manipulate the situation...many docs have done this in the past in an attempt to stop theiR patients fRom using whateveR falls undeR the docs evil/bad/vice list
ill look into it and ill be shocked if theiR is a gRain of tRuth in any of this..
anyone else caRe to shaRe?

pharmboy
11-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Does she smoke ? Doctors usually like to blame everything on cigs these

days. I would call bullshit on this one too, unless the H was being cut with

some nasty carcinogenic cut shit.

Poppylvr
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
i heard from a friend,that one of her friends,was diagnosed with a brain tumor.she says that her doctor attribuited the tumor to her heroin use over the past few years.....has anyone ever heard of that.from what i understand,heroin isnt as harsh on your body as other hard drugs like crack,or meth.
Just home from work & it's after midnight. I will research on this in the morning & get back to you.
But off the cuff, with 32+ years in nursing, I have NEVER heard of dope/opiates being implicated in tumors of any sort.