PDA

View Full Version : Ever had cotton fever?

ToriiBabii
11-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi, everyone :) It's been a while since I've posted. I've been a good girl and trying to stay away from dope, which is why I haven't logged on Opiophile lately. But, last night, I decided to indulge myself...

First off, I have never had cotton fever. I've been shooting dope for a few years, and I have never been exposed to cotton fever nor seen anyone get it, which is why I'm a bit clueless as to what happened to me last night and if it indeed was cotton fever.

The dope I had gotten was pretty stubborn and it took me a while to get it up into the needle. Once I did, and I shot it up, I felt the rush and sat back feeling nice. The feeling went away quickly though, and about thirty minutes later I started feeling kind of sick, like I was going to throw up. I figured it was either because I had just smoked a cigarette or because it had been a while since I got high. But shortly after, I got a really bad headache... ugh, it hurt a lot. So I sat down on my bed, trying to relax.

The feeling that came over me is really hard to describe... I felt kind of dizzy, and a little light-headed. Kind of like I might pass out. So I drank some juice, and then, I started shaking BADLY. Full-body shivering, like I was naked in a snowstorm or something. I laid down and fell asleep and woke up this morning, still feeling kind of sick.

Do these symptoms sound like cotton fever, or more like it was some bad dope? The guy that I bought from had a different batch, and it was the first time I had done that kind of dope, so I'm kind of scared to do it again incase it was the cut or something. I have two more bags sitting it my room, and in normal circumstances they would already be in my bloodstream, but I'm not sure what to do...

Feedback is definitely appreciated!

Duckfeet
11-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Just my experience: I've had cotton fever several times, and it usually comes on within seconds, and you feel really achy, and feverish, and lay down feeling real bad...and then it passes, usually within...oh...less than an hour anyway...

But I've also had bad dope, all kinds, and that's more what this sounds like...and just for the record, if it's heroin, it's usually some kind of bad *cut* added by some idiot, trying to make an xtra buck...I won't go into all the different kinds of crap used, but much literature--in the old days--said it was the *cuts* that caused overdoses and the shit you just went thru...

The only change to this view--I've had--in the last thirty years--has been since the advent of Mexican Tar "heroin" which I find to be totally different--usually--from real heroin, and I seriously doubt they go thru all the processing stages that white dope does....because I get no euphoria, starting in my belly, and quickly spreading to "the rest of me..." from any California or South Texas Tar...I *have* gotten that euphoria from Chicago Tar, so it might just be border crap, and I could be wrong about this one...

I thought it was the *amount* I was doing, and junkies *always* think that is the problem...so I double, tripled the amount of tar...and would go out, and find myself passed out on the floor or wherever, 10-20 minutes later, and not know who I was, or where I was, which was terrifying...but no euphoria, just "fucked up" and "strung out..."

Well, there you go, that's what I think...

rockbottom
11-09-2008, 09:53 AM
i never believed in cotton fever--every time i might have had it i blamed it on BAD dope---but Poppy Luvr insures me that there really is such a thing as cotton fever--but i dont know what you had--maybe she'll see this and clear it up--Peace

JayTrizzle
11-09-2008, 09:54 AM
That sounds like what happens to me when I get really sick from flushing cottons, so I think it might be, sure. I get sick sometimes too, when I have stubborn dope like that. Sometimes, for me anyways, it's actually the cotton, next time that happens, try a different material, or a fresh rig (even if theo ne you used was fresh(. Yeah. Sounds like it to me, that shit always creeps up on me, I can have half ofmy dope left, and if I decide to clean my cottons before i go to bed, just for some extra fun, I always go to sleep and wake up with massive shits and puking, and sweating, and hella shaking. It sucks, almost like having a seizure.

And this has happened to me with dope that was fucking great every time I did it, same dope, same guy, just randomly happens, and with other dope, AND with pharms. That shits happened to me form triple filtering dilaudids, which REALLY sucked, makes it not even worth it (okay that's a lie, lol.)

blutuesday
11-09-2008, 12:39 PM
I have had cotton fever ONCE. Totally sucked. I was confused too, because of the symptoms.

I remember it was when I doing TONS of IV cocaine in hotels for days, and I remember just laying in that hotel bed feeling like I was going to die,

Sorry you had that experience, it really sucks.

What sort of cotton did you use? Just curious

The_Highwayman
11-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I had a very similar experience time frame and everything. The worst was the shaking, it feels like your body might seize up becasue it is going so fast, and the headache, luckily I was able to sleep pretty quick and woke up an hour or two later fine...

nick
11-09-2008, 12:49 PM
It's cotton fever or you have ebola.

blutuesday
11-09-2008, 01:11 PM
It's cotton fever or you have ebola.

HAHAHAHA. I really just fell out laughing at this.

SHELLEY
11-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi, everyone :) It's been a while since I've posted. I've been a good girl and trying to stay away from dope, which is why I haven't logged on Opiophile lately. But, last night, I decided to indulge myself...

First off, I have never had cotton fever. I've been shooting dope for a few years, and I have never been exposed to cotton fever nor seen anyone get it, which is why I'm a bit clueless as to what happened to me last night and if it indeed was cotton fever.

The dope I had gotten was pretty stubborn and it took me a while to get it up into the needle. Once I did, and I shot it up, I felt the rush and sat back feeling nice. The feeling went away quickly though, and about thirty minutes later I started feeling kind of sick, like I was going to throw up. I figured it was either because I had just smoked a cigarette or because it had been a while since I got high. But shortly after, I got a really bad headache... ugh, it hurt a lot. So I sat down on my bed, trying to relax.

The feeling that came over me is really hard to describe... I felt kind of dizzy, and a little light-headed. Kind of like I might pass out. So I drank some juice, and then, I started shaking BADLY. Full-body shivering, like I was naked in a snowstorm or something. I laid down and fell asleep and woke up this morning, still feeling kind of sick.

Do these symptoms sound like cotton fever, or more like it was some bad dope? The guy that I bought from had a different batch, and it was the first time I had done that kind of dope, so I'm kind of scared to do it again incase it was the cut or something. I have two more bags sitting it my room, and in normal circumstances they would already be in my bloodstream, but I'm not sure what to do...

Feedback is definitely appreciated!

HONEY watch that smack shit!!!
i won't call you out, but you of all people should be leaving that shit be
i mean for real... have some fuckin' self respect

and the feeling you got may be related to something else, get me?

SeVeN
11-09-2008, 07:04 PM
That sounds like what happens to me when I get really sick from flushing cottons, so I think it might be, sure. .

Same in my experience. I've talked about it with different folks here on the board. It's happened to me when I've tried to ...well how to explain; basically whenever I have used a wash and gotten a good shot it obviously means I was low on dope. Then out of desperation I would use a cotton that had already been washed. Thats the only time I've gotten cotton fever.

JayTrizzle
11-09-2008, 08:45 PM
EXACTLY...for me it's been a few times, and every time was at the end of a loooong at least whoe day binge.

Duckfeet
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Mine were pretty much always old cottons I would "beat", or bad cottons (like cigarette filters) I would use, since nothing else was available, and once( twice actually...I don't learn fast) when I boiled down some paregoric in an old pot on the stove...never got it on coke or pharmies...got other things, but not cotton fever, which for me, was always immediate...

SeVeN
11-09-2008, 10:27 PM
^ yeh exactly, always seemed to be the beat really used up cottons that did it. If found cottons that still had dope in them at least a year later andd used them. But as soon as they were used up I would get the "fever" , Which really felt more like my bones were made of ice and I shook violently.

Duckfeet
11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Yep, good description of what it feels like...once you get it once, you always know it when it's coming...and even so...if I were sick, and stumbled on an old spoon w/some cottons I'd forgotten about...I'd probably take my chances, cuz a sick junky don't give a shit...

^ yeh exactly, always seemed to be the beat really used up cottons that did it. If found cottons that still had dope in them at least a year later andd used them. But as soon as they were used up I would get the "fever" , Which really felt more like my bones were made of ice and I shook violently.

Raz
11-09-2008, 11:41 PM
cuz a sick junky don't give a shit...

^^^^^ Whey i learned how to cut and paste ha ha.....But word on dat one my man.....In the UK they call this shit a dirty hit....
Maybe nick can eloborate for me?:confused:

Princess
11-10-2008, 12:08 AM
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about.... I thought the same thing...
She really needs to stay away from that shit under those circumstances.

Best of luck Tori... hope you are okay.
STAY SAFE :o

Raz
11-10-2008, 12:29 AM

Without calling her out, it dont take a rocket scientist to work out ze meaning of your post.....well well well.....Hope things work out for this young lady and whoever else may be dependant on her....

clinton
11-10-2008, 12:31 AM
i havent shot dope but FRom what ive Read in the past it sounds like what you expeRienced wasnt cotton FeveR, i always thought it came on quick..like in seconds , not minutes...
maybe it was a shitty cut?
i Read youR blog and have Read it in the past and am suRpRised that you decided to indulge
......im not one to judge but please think about the FutuRe and what it holds FoR you and youR Family...stay saFe, i undeRstand how haRd it is to stay away FRom opiates , maybe use pills oR pods in the neaR FutuRe, you wont have to woRRy about cut ,potency etc etc....
maybe just play it a little saFeR in the shoRt teRm?
like i said im not tRying to judge but oF couRse i Realize i am...and dont think its someone thinking less oF you,its not that at all...ive Read youR blog multiple times and i enjoy youR matteR oF Fact wRiting style that tells it like it is...its moRe a base instinct that hits me at the most pRimitive oF levels.. i think many people on heRe would be giving the same unwanted advice ...i do apologize and i mean no disRespect...
hang in theRe............

Narkotikon
11-10-2008, 12:40 AM
What's with all the secrecy and code? It's pretty obvious what you all mean. Maybe because she hasn't officially announced it yet, and you want to reserve that for her and her alone?

Anyway, looks like it's time to call the local methadone clinic. Just my opinion.

clinton
11-10-2008, 12:45 AM
i know the methadone clinic woRked well FoR shelley.....

robojunkie
11-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Come on cut her some slack, at least she's willing to admit it and not bullshit and sugarcoat it. I honestly don't think I could go nine months (yeah no shit the blog says it all so I don't think its some supersecrecy thing) without joybangin' once. I'm not saying out on some "premeditated" thing, just the "fuck it, I need a hit, one won't hurt it" mentality. Actually the worst thing would be to get a habit or have shitty ass quinine type cut, the heroin itself isn't that huge of a deal, much better than coke or benzos and so forth on the other half.

Lemme put it this way, I know I'm such a junky that when my partner got pregnant with my daughter, she stayed straight, and I immediately went on the shitty ass done cause I knew no matter how good my intentions and they were/are good, I'm just to much of a junky to make it through some 270 consecutive periods of 24 hours without occasionally or continuously fuckin' it up and corrupting everyone around me. Just bein' honest. I'm older now, trying to be pragmatically straight for similar reasons and it still sucks I still feel like shit, no light at the end of the tunnel yet (other than a fuckin' train about to slam into me, haha). Judge not...as they say.

clinton
11-10-2008, 12:56 AM
i undeRstand Robojunkie, thats why i stated my opinion in the manneR that i did...
it is moRe oF a gut level Reaction on my paRt , im not saying shes evil oR a bad motheR..
nothing like that at all, i was only asking heR to exploRe heR options...

Narkotikon
11-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I wasn't really trying to be judgmental either. I just meant 1.) it's obvious she's pregnant, so why all the code; and 2.) time to call the methadone clinic because isn't that what's best for the baby?

I don't really care if she had one shot or even two or so. I don't think a daily H habit is good while pregnant, but I don't think one or two shots is going to do any harm, at least no more than what any other opiate including methadone would. Wasn't trying to be judgmental.

candy
11-10-2008, 05:18 AM
It is obvious she will do what she chooses is best for her under these circumstances.
I realize it is difficult for women to quit while pregnant. That is why Methadone is the choice of substance. The baby does not become addicted, only dependent and there is a huge difference.

In my opinion, one shot or ten...Makes no difference. It is going to have the same effect.
This is to all.
Most pregnant women who use, inject, call it what you want, but most live a different life-style anyway. They tend to smoke, and are more prone to make choices based upon their own needs.
I am not calling anyone out. I work with women like this and have worked in the NICU.
But, their is a typical life-style that goes with shooting dope. You can be rich or poor, but the tendency is to make shitty choices and live a less than healthy life-style.
Does not mean everyone, we are talking what is a tendency to see.
I myself am a Mom, but had my son during a period when I was clean for a few years already.
I always was into sports and athletics and even when I used I still excercised.
My mother was obsessesed about food, so we never ate fast food or had junk food around our house and I grew up this way and still live this way, but shot dope!
It's all about life-style and things change when you start getting high.
But if your going to be pregnant and use, even on occassion, I think abortion is best!
I am totally pro-choice and feel that it should not be used as a way of birth control, but if you want to get high or have an addiction, it is a choice one should really consider!
Just cause I deal with these women, doesn't mean I agree with what they do.
In fact, there are times I want to shake their fucking heads and say"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I know it sounds mean, but some of them don't really give a shit or don't have the educational level to make really good decisions.
I don't make fun of that, but I do try and inform them, but they only continue to ask if they can "use a little bit?"
I know it is hard, but going on Methadone is not that bad and generally for pregnant women dosing is done differently than none pregnant people.
I know I am going to get shit for this, but these days, no woman should have to be without birth control or have any excuses for getting pregnant.
Man, use a condom and then you don't have to worry about this kind of shit!
Or have your guy pull out, get on the pill, IUD.
Sorry, if I pissed anyone off!

ToriiBabii
11-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Let me say the following in my defense:

If you were a regular reader of blog, you would probably know that I am at least four months behind in my posts. I want to write about things as they happened, and not skip over important parts of my life to what is happening now.

First, I am on methadone.

Second, I was pregnant. I found out May 17, 2008. I quit everything except for my regular dose of methadone and an occasional puff on a cigarette. However, I ended up miscarrying almost a month later. It was a very hard thing for me to deal with.

And thirdly, thank you RoboJunkie for sticking up for me.

Duckfeet
11-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Yeah: sometimes we get a little moralistic on here...and forget that it doesn't matter *what* the circumstances are, this is one site we try *not* to tell other people what they should or should not, do...whether it's a pregnant woman...or a guy who just pimped out his girlfriend...or some joe who just spent all his kid's school money on a fix...tuff shit: they've got other sites that will tell you all day long and sideways how to act...

This is *Opiophile*....(look it up if you'all need to get reminded what that means)...but from political posturning to religious moralizing to those who embrace every new "theory" ... from the horrors of second hand smoke, to what pregnant mothers can or *cannot* do.....and most of it is "arguable" rather than written in stone...

I remember when my gastroenterologist said it was o.k. to have a beer or a glass of wine once in a while (I don't drink, cuz I'm alcoholic) since I had HepC, and I had quoted him what *every* other guy online had said: "alcohol is like putting *fire* on that shit: it's a medical *fact* that you can't drink, blah blah blah....

He said no, a lot of people just say that and other things because it *sounds* true, and then it takes on sort of cult status...in the U.S. we like to moralize...

So again, this is Opiophile, and we try to be friendly, tolerant, and helpful to any opiate user, as god knows I'd have left here a long time ago, if anybody started telling me I shouldn't do opiates...for *whatever* reason...

The_Highwayman
11-10-2008, 12:10 PM
I read torii's blog and knew about what she spoke of, and the new thread did disturb me for some personal reasons, that I won't get into, however, none of us knew, nutoil she posted if she was still pregnant, and now she isn't..I know on the net, or anything where you write and read with no body language or inflection of voice or tone, things can be taken differently, and I think that everyone here looks and cares about one another, and sometimes our posts can be harsh or direct, or seem just mean, but I am sure we all have the best of intentions with them...

Torii, I am very sorry to hear you lost the baby, I HAVE to believe in my life and in other's that everything happens for a reason, I have to beleive that or I would be in a straighjacket now, so I hope you can cope with this the best way you know how, stay strong, stay clean...

Princess
11-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Just to clarify.. I made no judgement whatsoever. I just said that IF it were under those circumstances, she needs to stay away from that shit (meaning to stick with the methadone). That was just my opinion and I really should have kept it to myself. I ended my post with "best of luck" and "stay safe".

I would never judge someone for their choice/choices.
I hope you didn't take my post that way, Tori.

I have actually been worried/wondering about you.. been checking the blog for an update and was wondering what was going on with you. I'm SO SORRY to hear what happened. I'm sure that when you are ready to share your tragedy, if ever, you will. I can't imagine what you are going through and then to have this brought up... well, I'm just sorry.

Candy seems to be very opinionated when it comes to these kinds of things. Sometimes we need to be a little more careful so we don't appear judgmental.

So, I'll say it again: Best of luck to you Tori, Stay Safe!

Edit: Also Candy... this comment you made is unfair "I know I am going to get shit for this, but these days, no woman should have to be without birth control or have any excuses for getting pregnant." When I was in high school and had a very serious boyfriend.. I WAS on the pill, never skipped it, never took it late.. and guess what? I got pregnant. SHIT HAPPENS. Birth control or not.

longduckdong
11-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Wow I can't believe what I just read here. Just WOW.

Narkotikon
11-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Okay, to clarify, can someone tell me who was being offensive and who wasn't? I need to know so I can decide if I'm pissed off or not. Someone wake me up and tell me if you get a chance. I wasn't trying to be judgmental.

robojunkie
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Nah I wasn't referring to you Nark, read post above yours for the main thing I was referrin' to.

Narkotikon
11-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Nah I wasn't referring to you Nark, read post above yours for the main thing I was referrin' to.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Chipper
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
We call them "dirty hits" as well here in Aus. Regretfully, I've had a few ... *-shudders-*

Duckfeet
11-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Nobody was being offensive...it's just opiophile...on any given day some of us are crazy, some of us are rude, some of us are kindly...just as long as we're not all that way on the same day:)

Okay, to clarify, can someone tell me who was being offensive and who wasn't? I need to know so I can decide if I'm pissed off or not. Someone wake me up and tell me if you get a chance. I wasn't trying to be judgmental.

Narkotikon
11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Nobody was being offensive...it's just opiophile...on any given day some of us are crazy, some of us are rude, some of us are kindly...just as long as we're not all that way on the same day:)

Junky PMS? That would be scary. You'd have every opiophile trying to stab each other with their points, and not filled with dope I mean.

Opiyum
11-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Sounds to me like a mild overdose and some bad cut resulting in the headache. In the past if I used after a long period of time off I would frequently get nausious and pukey and all the side effects that come along with using to high of a dose without a tolerance.
I'm fairly certain you've figured out what probably happened to you since this is going on 3 pages now but I figured I share my thoughts anyhow...I guess the coke is making me a little more talkative than usual.
Also I imagine someone asked but If not I wonder if you know anyone who got a hold of some of the same bags. see what they experienced.
Hope it all works/worked out for you.
So what happened with those last two bags anyhow? Most of the thread was drama and it doesn't seem you really figured out what happened. I guess you'll never get a definitive answer but from your description it sounds as though it wasn't nearly as bad as it should have been.
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Thats always terrible to hear and congratulations on being as responsible as you were and discontinuing your DOC use when you found out you were pregnant.
If I were to be 100% honest with myself I'm not sure it's something I could do. I'd prefer lieing to myself on that note.

candy
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
It is obvious she will do what she chooses is best for her under these circumstances.
I realize it is difficult for women to quit while pregnant. That is why Methadone is the choice of substance. The baby does not become addicted, only dependent and there is a huge difference.

In my opinion, one shot or ten...Makes no difference. It is going to have the same effect.
This is to all.
Most pregnant women who use, inject, call it what you want, but most live a different life-style anyway. They tend to smoke, and are more prone to make choices based upon their own needs.
I am not calling anyone out. I work with women like this and have worked in the NICU.
But, their is a typical life-style that goes with shooting dope. You can be rich or poor, but the tendency is to make shitty choices and live a less than healthy life-style.
Does not mean everyone, we are talking what is a tendency to see.
I myself am a Mom, but had my son during a period when I was clean for a few years already.
I always was into sports and athletics and even when I used I still excercised.
My mother was obsessesed about food, so we never ate fast food or had junk food around our house and I grew up this way and still live this way, but shot dope!
It's all about life-style and things change when you start getting high.
But if your going to be pregnant and use, even on occassion, I think abortion is best!
I am totally pro-choice and feel that it should not be used as a way of birth control, but if you want to get high or have an addiction, it is a choice one should really consider!
Just cause I deal with these women, doesn't mean I agree with what they do.
In fact, there are times I want to shake their fucking heads and say"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I know it sounds mean, but some of them don't really give a shit or don't have the educational level to make really good decisions.
I don't make fun of that, but I do try and inform them, but they only continue to ask if they can "use a little bit?"
I know it is hard, but going on Methadone is not that bad and generally for pregnant women dosing is done differently than none pregnant people.
I know I am going to get shit for this, but these days, no woman should have to be without birth control or have any excuses for getting pregnant.
Man, use a condom and then you don't have to worry about this kind of shit!
Or have your guy pull out, get on the pill, IUD.
Sorry, if I pissed anyone off!

I am going to quote myself here I guess in defense of myself.
Yes, I made the comment about birth control and yes, it sounds like feminist crap, but in all reality why is really so bad.
I knew my comments would make some angry.....That what makes this world go around: Having the ability to have an opinion.
If women did not scream out for their rights they would still be doing abortions in someone's home.
Now, I don't want to come off like I am some Florence Nightingale of the Nursing World, but when you see what I have seen, maybe you would change your tune a bit!
And I won't list the shit I have seen because we all here it on the news, internet, so on. It's not just pregnant women, it's women who have already had their children.
I didn't make the comment to just Tori or anyone specific, I made it as a statement of how I feel. Doesn't mean I am right or wrong. Maybe I should of worded it differently.
Do I feel women should use birth control when they are using drugs; Absolutely! Not only for birth control, but you are less inhibited when your using and what about STD's. Who wants to live with Herpes.
I just feel people need to take more responsibilty for themselves.

About a year ago, in the city I live in here in Orange County, some idiot left their heroin sitting out with their toddler roaming about as they nodded off. A 30 year old woman who had already lost 3 kids because of abuse and now with the 4th Daddy, had another. So the kid eats the dope, dies from respiratory arrest and the woman wakes up about an hour later to find her 20 month old dead on the carpet not 4 feet from her where she sat nodding out.
The first thing I thought is why the hell doesn't someone like that use protection. No, I realize not everyone is like that and I have seen many women turn their life around and just because I am not a blogger and share my opinion and some fucking education to others, I get shit for it.
Maybe my comment about women using should abort was harsh and after reading it, I realize, I was out of line.
But, I never even mentioned Tori's name and if you go back and read through my post I said this is to all!

Tori, I am sorry you lost your baby. But on your blog that I read it is dated October 29, 2008 and it sounds like you are talking about the here and now. You even talk about how on Oct. 3 you and Mike decided to keep the baby. I actually read your whole blog. I don't have anything against you and nothing on there was personally an attack at you, in fact if you read the first lines of my post what does it say?
I don't want to get into any type of back and forth comments here, but if I offended you I am indeed sorry. I rarely share my opinion so openly and I think most on here would say the same. It was the topic I was referring to more than sharing an opinion of you.
You are a beautiful young woman with a life ahead of you and believe me, I have been on the up and down road of using since I am a teen as well and I was one of those kids where people said," you never would of known" And I had my first child at 18. I was clean at the time and had been for a bit over a year and the same with my second child, I was clean for much longer before becoming pregnant.
I wish I would of used birth control with my first. I love him to death and he is going to USC next fall, but I wish I had not been through the up and downs of addiction that he witnessed. While he never saw me actually use, he knew and I know I have affected him in some way.....I would never go back and give him up, but I was too young and forced into being an adult too young.
Sometimes things come from places you are not aware. So maybe I interjected my own life in there without even knowing it( as I sit here tearing up) and yes a bit of PMS.

So I am sorry to anyone I offended and to you Tori for your loss!

candy
11-10-2008, 05:35 PM

I think they were referring to me!

nick
11-10-2008, 06:20 PM

I wouldn't worry about it Candy.Your post and everyone else's posts were NOT offensive in any way.If anyone found them offensive they are a sensitive little flower.

Oh and this is still a text book dirty dig,bad hit,cotton fever or whatever you want to call it.

candy
11-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks, think I needed to hear that...I am feeling a bit sensitive right now!

God, she is younger than my oldest son........Now I really feel like some Mom I always thought I would never be!

OK, back to Cotton Fever........and here's to ugly abscesses!

Brony
11-10-2008, 08:01 PM
As far as being judgmental or moralistic, I don't think anyone in this thread was guilty of that.

Candy, you have no need to defend yourself–you gave honest and helpful advice. Sometimes people don't want to hear what they need to.

Tori, I'm sorry about your loss–the world works in strange ways.

candy
11-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Well, thanks bron....
We all get tough on ourselves and even from time to time question our own judgments.
I myself have my own shit to deal with and feeling a bit bleek, otherwise, I normally wouldn't question myself.

And what is it that they say..."We can be our own worst enemy!" I guess that can apply to anyone?

ToriiBabii
11-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow I definitely didn't think this thread would turn out the way it did haha.

I sort of did feel like I was being attacked, but mostly with Shelley's comment about having some "fuckin' self respect." Once Shelley posted that, I felt like it gave everyone the wrong impression, so I wanted to defend myself and post the truth about the situation.

Sorry if there have been any hurt feelings...

blutuesday
11-10-2008, 08:25 PM

I sort of did feel like I was being attacked, but mostly with Shelley's comment about having some "fuckin' self respect." Once Shelley posted that, I felt like it gave everyone the wrong impression, so I wanted to defend myself and post the truth about the situation.

You don't need to apologize for anything. You know I read your shit, and while I was wondering how you were doing, I don't think that anything posted there should be carried over here. Plus, a concerned friend would have been more discreet or sent it as a msg/email. No disrespect to the person who "called you out" but I think that it could have been done with a little more tact. This thread was about cotton fever, not pregnancy or anyone's choices or beliefs.

Love ya Tori, keep your head up!

jonny-5
11-10-2008, 08:48 PM
hey torii long time no see! i didnt read the whole thread but from what i gather from the last few responses someone turned this into something other than it was meant to be. sorry to hear that.

anyway, that does sound like cotton fever, ive had it before once or twice, and it really sux. it lasted a few hours, and included a headache, chills, shivering...i laid under my blanket and kinda passed out and then when i woke up i felt better. anyways hope life is treating you well torii.

Duckfeet
11-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Oh, I knew that, and everybody was going a little off on tangents--my favorite direction--but yer totally cool Candy, and u know I luv yah...just one a them opy things...don't mean nothin...it all was wellment, and good advice, and we are just doing our usual sun dance, that's all...

Brony
11-11-2008, 07:53 AM

Don't worry about it, Tori. It isn't the first time we've had a little drama. No biggie.

Although I do agree with about the "fuckin' self respect" comment.

Kind of ironic, a hooker telling someone else to have some self respect.

Top Secret
12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Your symptoms are synonymous with that of Cotton Fever. The violent shivering, the headache, the nausea as well as the thirty minute onset are all symptoms that I have experienced both times I have gotten the fever. It really sucks, people say w/d's are worse, but I don't know cotton fever is REAL bad.

On a more personal note, I have read your blog Tori and I love reading it. I think that you are a very talented writer as well as a great story teller...it always makes me wonder what happens next. I'm glad to hear that everything in your life is going well and that you are doing ok. Hit me up if you ever wanna chat with someone new!

twigburst
12-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Cotton fever sucks donkey cock. I've had it many times, but haven't had it as often more recently. If you are clean and careful, its easier to avoid it, and APAP helps when you do get it.

Quick question for all the tar users, how often do you guys get cotton fever? I would figure that shooting that shit would cause blood poisoning all the time.

SeVeN
12-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Cotton fever sucks donkey cock. I've had it many times, but haven't had it as often more recently. If you are clean and careful, its easier to avoid it, and APAP helps when you do get it.

Quick question for all the tar users, how often do you guys get cotton fever? I would figure that shooting that shit would cause blood poisoning all the time.

Its thought to be a bacteria in the cotton or whatever. Personally I think no ones exactly sure why it happens and anyone can feel free to disagree. Its not exactly blood poisoning as thats called sepsis (sp) and that is VERY bad.

farmpkm
12-31-2008, 03:49 PM

i'm not a tar user, but had the fever just the other night. I was crawling around my apartment picking cottons out of the dust-bunnies on my hardwood floor. i knew it probably wouldn't get me high (it didnt) and might get me sick (it did), but I did it anyway for whatever reason. ugh.

I've had cotton fever about 8 times before, in 3 years of shooting; usually not from something so blatantly stupid, though. I'd say at least five of those times was from mixing a shot in a cooker from the exchange and using another cooker as a "cap" so I could put the used cotton and fillers left behind in my pocket without loosing any (if you havent used them, the cookers from most exchanges are "stackable", allowing you to cap off one of them with another). Then I'd forget about it for a few days while I still had gear. It seems like trapping the moisture in there creates a good environment for bacteria. Soon as I ran out of gear I'd break out those old cookers.... ugh.

Anyway, the other night, about a half hour after shooting the dusty cottons I felt the fever creeping up on me and knew exactly the horrible shit I was in for. Luckily I have a stash of xanax and quickly ate 3mg and hid under the covers. Felt like shit for about an hour... then... who knows. I don't remember a damn thing when I take that much xanax... which is exactly what I hoped would happen. Woke up in the morning feeling fine.

I don't have any friends that shoot so I have no idea how common it is or isn't. In my case it seems like common sense would have prevented about 75% of the times I've had it.

Duckfeet
12-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Yep: ^^^, it's always been a "common sense" thing...they always said: don't do old cottons, and don't do cigarette filters if u can help it, and never do menthol filters...w/me, it was almost always like you were doing: finding an old spoon I"d forgotten about, still had cottons in it...never got me well, always got me sick as a dog...but CV doesn't last long...comes and goes...IMO...

Worst cotton fever was boiling down some paregoric in a kitchen pot, and then slamming it...bad move...so I tried it again the next morning...

Bad move again...

farmpkm
12-31-2008, 06:25 PM
...bad move...so I tried it again the next morning...

Bad move again...

haha... story of my life. glad to see im not the only one.

Angelwolf13
12-31-2008, 07:30 PM
i had cotton fever once. it happened sometime in the mid-80s at the club i was working at the time (yes, i was very young!). i was shooting coke with of the dancers i worked with in a bathroom stall which wasn't a big deal... even the manager knew but she didn't care... long story...

anyway, i felt great for a while! then one of my bfs- (storytime- he was someone who came to the club to see me. cute as all hell! i can still remember his name and what he looked like. *sigh* i miss him! i'll refer to him by his initials "DN".) stopped by and i sat in the booth with him and his friends. then i started to feel terrible. i was shaky and i felt like i couldn't catch my breath. i didn't know what was going on. i remembered that DN carried me to his car and drove me to someones apartment, i don't remember whose, where they laid me out on a couch with a blanket and put a cold washcloth on my head and watched me. i still did't know what was happening to me at the time. except for some wds, which i took care of at the time, i felt fine in the morning. that's when someone mentiond "cotton fever" which i had never heard of before.

i was told that it was from using a cigarette filter and, after reading duck's post, i'm now thinking that it might have been from a menthol cigarette as most people i knew from hawaii at the time smoked menthols. damn, i should of used my own (i don't smoke menthols.).

as much as cotton fever sucks i'm kinda glad i got it... after that incident DN and i started going out. did i mention he was cute as hell? memories... ah, well......

twigburst
12-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Its thought to be a bacteria in the cotton or whatever. Personally I think no ones exactly sure why it happens and anyone can feel free to disagree. Its not exactly blood poisoning as thats called sepsis (sp) and that is VERY bad.

I'd bet 99% of the time cotton fever is just a dirty hit, which happens from time to time with ash getting into the mix, shitty quality dope, and not properly filtering the dope. The term cotton fever is often used interchangeably with dirty hit. Its all blood poisoning.

Kristy85
01-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Cotton fever/dirty hit, whatever! They both fuckin suck shit. I've never had the feeling of anyone beating me over the head so hard with a hammer as I did when I had a dirty hit, seriously I thought my brains were gonna drop out. I really wished someone would of shot me right there and then and put me out of my misery.... it was THAT bad!