PDA

View Full Version : Soma (carisoprodol): anyone else really like it?

jersey_emt
10-28-2008, 06:09 PM
On top of my MS-Contin and Roxicodone prescriptions, I am also prescribed Soma for muscle spasms (350mg as needed up to three times daily). Does anyone else really like Soma a lot? I mean, of course a recreational dose of carisoprodol (two or three pills, or 700 - 1050mg) does not compare to a recreational dose of morphine or oxycodone, but it still feels damn good IMO. Intensely relaxing, and I even get a moderate euphoria from it by itself. It's especially good when I'm running low on opioids.

I hear a lot of people say that it's absolutely worthless, or that all it does is make you drowsy, but I actually get pretty damn high off of it. Plus, despite the fact that I've been taking it regularly for about two years now, I haven't experienced any tolerance -- 700mg or 1050mg does me just as good as it did when I was first prescribed it -- nor have I experienced any withdrawal symptoms after taking recreational doses daily for some time. I also prefer them to benzodiazepines.

For those of you who are unaware, carisoprodol is not a controlled substance but metabolizes into meprobramate -- a Schedule IV controlled substance. Its metabolite is an anxiolytic and a sedative.

jab
10-29-2008, 06:26 AM
I'm with you 100%.. I get MSContin, Roxi, & Soma and the three just go sooo well together!!

I would never say Soma is worthless.. they rock!

NV12
10-29-2008, 07:04 AM
I have severe muscle spasms and Soma is about the only muscle relaxer I can take. I've tried them all, but Soma doesn't give me the sluggish feeling the next day. They are not as strong as some others, but being able to function and control some of my pain is a big deal.
I take on an as needed basis, but I agree with ya, I prefer them over others as well...

halfalien_s4
10-29-2008, 08:50 AM
On top of my MS-Contin and Roxicodone prescriptions, I am also prescribed Soma for muscle spasms (350mg as needed up to three times daily). Does anyone else really like Soma a lot? I mean, of course a recreational dose of carisoprodol (two or three pills, or 700 - 1050mg) does not compare to a recreational dose of morphine or oxycodone, but it still feels damn good IMO. Intensely relaxing, and I even get a moderate euphoria from it by itself. It's especially good when I'm running low on opioids.

I hear a lot of people say that it's absolutely worthless, or that all it does is make you drowsy, but I actually get pretty damn high off of it. Plus, despite the fact that I've been taking it regularly for about two years now, I haven't experienced any tolerance -- 700mg or 1050mg does me just as good as it did when I was first prescribed it -- nor have I experienced any withdrawal symptoms after taking recreational doses daily for some time. I also prefer them to benzodiazepines.

For those of you who are unaware, carisoprodol is not a controlled substance but metabolizes into meprobramate -- a Schedule IV controlled substance. Its metabolite is an anxiolytic and a sedative.

well, my expirience w/ em is that if i take 3 they either make me feel drunk or make pass out. but if i only take 1 or 2 they work great on my tense/knotted up muscles & they also potentiate my other meds...especially my opies....:D

repeek
10-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Soma is not as strong as Lexapro, but then I don't have to rip my lips off my teeth in the morning because of cotton mouth with Soma.

I don't go anywhere without them.

I get the Xanax, Soma, Opie Cocktail too...............it is the only reason I can stay away from the PM Dr.'s.

reddragon3668
10-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Over the years, I've been prescribed soma allot. I think it works fairly well for what its intended for. As far as its recreational value is concerned, I've never put much stock into it. I know there are allot of people who absolutely swear by it and I am probably the odd ball.

Instead of Soma, I prefer baclophen... once again, however, no recreational value. The one thing that works the best for muscle spasms and shit is valium. But, I don't think they prescribe is often for that.. its definitely worth a try, though, for anyone suffering from muscle spasms.

PantyShot9
10-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I love Soma therapeutically and recreationally. In most of my threads or others where anyone mentions Soma I sing my praises. It was also the first pill I ever took so I have a special relationship with it.

Hoss
10-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I dig Soma's, always have - love to take them on top of opies indeed.

PantyShot9
10-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Damn I screwed up here sry didn't mean to post. Jesus lol. But Soma is great nonetheless to just stay on topic I guess.

marshalldylan1
10-29-2008, 09:17 PM
When I take like 3 or 4 of those at once, I get incredibly fucked up, like super drunk, for about 30 minutes to an hour. I get really confused, and it's hard to talk, and then I go into the "soma coma." Seriously, I can't move for like 20 minutes, just lay there and take the fucked upness.

I do like em with opiates a lot though, 1 or 2 is really good.

SeVeN
10-29-2008, 09:31 PM
^^^^ Thats how I feel. I take 2 every night and feel real euphoric for 30- 60 mins then I feel real mellow. Somas are alright.

jonny-5
10-29-2008, 09:48 PM
yea im a soma fan for sure. it doesnt last long enough, but its cheap as hell...good stuff.

back in the day someone who was me used to sell em and couldnt figure what people saw in em. i would take em and it felt like i took a hit of some dirt weed. didnt really hit me well so i didnt touch em for years. then i tried em again like 6 months ago and i was like "damn this shit rocks!"

SeVeN
10-29-2008, 11:27 PM
yea im a soma fan for sure. it doesnt last long enough, but its cheap as hell...good stuff.

back in the day someone who was me used to sell em and couldnt figure what people saw in em. i would take em and it felt like i took a hit of some dirt weed. didnt really hit me well so i didnt touch em for years. then i tried em again like 6 months ago and i was like "damn this shit rocks!"

Me too. I use to eat tons of em and in fact had a whole fat bottle full gave em away and still couldn't get rid of em. Now I wish I had a supply like that.

jab
10-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Oh yeah, I usually take 5 or 6 and I'm perfect (been on them a while), but if I go any higher I get the soma stutter followed by soma coma.. not that I don't like it; but it can be a bit embarrassing. :o

When I take like 3 or 4 of those at once, I get incredibly fucked up, like super drunk, for about 30 minutes to an hour. I get really confused, and it's hard to talk, and then I go into the "soma coma." Seriously, I can't move for like 20 minutes, just lay there and take the fucked upness.

I do like em with opiates a lot though, 1 or 2 is really good.

Hammilton
10-30-2008, 05:41 PM
I hate to admit this, but I almost prefer them to opiates. 3-5 of them is all that's needed for one hell of a time. With an opiate, without, I find them wonderful.

I used to take 5, drive to the court house, watch the drunk's have their trials, after 3 hours the buzz would be gone, and I'd drive back home.

Not a bad way to spend a morning.

But then I ate 300 in 1.5 months, and I decided to never touch them again.