PDA

View Full Version : Advice and tips for gettin codeine syrup for cold

LegalizeOpiates
10-27-2008, 05:20 PM
So I woke up today with a nasty cold and runny nose, soar throat and low temp. I made an appointment at my family physician. Does anyone know what specific symptoms or what I should tell my doc so he gives me so good stuff.

Thanks

tonyk
10-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Tell them that you have a dry, harsh cough that is making it impossible to get any rest or sleep. Add that you were up all night and you are exhausted.

bigNasty
10-27-2008, 05:53 PM
they will only give you the good cough medicine if you have an "unproductive cough". Meaning you have no chest congestion, mucus in your lungs that needs to be coughed up. So say you cough constantly and can't sleep because of it. If he asks if you ever cough up any mucus, say that you don't and thats why its so annoying.

And if you do have chest congestion, try to cough all that shit up before the dr visit cause he'll hear it when he puts the stethoscope on your back and tells you to take a deep breath

KiloByte
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Do you seriously need to see a doctor for a cold?

tonyk
10-27-2008, 09:54 PM
they will only give you the good cough medicine if you have an "unproductive cough". Meaning you have no chest congestion, mucus in your lungs that needs to be coughed up. So say you cough constantly and can't sleep because of it. If he asks if you ever cough up any mucus, say that you don't and thats why its so annoying.

And if you do have chest congestion, try to cough all that shit up before the dr visit cause he'll hear it when he puts the stethoscope on your back and tells you to take a deep breath

DUH! Read above post...
uh, guess we are on the same track...

WELL, seriously, NO, but you must be missing the whole idea, Kilobite, ofcourse he/she doesnt NEED to see a Doc for a stupid cold! Just to find a reason to ask for the goodies!!!

LegalizeOpiates
10-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the advice guy's Hopefully I'll look sick enough for him to give me the good sh*t.

Mustelid
10-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Aah, GI-Gin, I remember that stuff, codeine-alcohol-and guifennason. My introduction to the world of being opiated. For an opiate naive teenager, that bottle was manna from heaven, long after my cold was over.

tonyk
10-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Aah, GI-Gin, I remember that stuff, codeine-alcohol-and guifennason. My introduction to the world of being opiated. For an opiate naive teenager, that bottle was manna from heaven, long after my cold was over.
Actually, Mustelid, the GOOD stuff is Vicodin Syrup!! Not the old codiene mix. Very effective!

WarmCyanide
10-27-2008, 11:28 PM

Very accurate.

can't speak for the OP but my colds always turn into ear infections FWIW

Indy
10-27-2008, 11:46 PM
You might be able to find a pharmacy that will sell it to you without a prescription, in a lot of states, i daresay most, it's legal. I made a topic about it a while back

Duckfeet
10-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Just tell'em it *really* hurts when you cough, that you normally wouldn't go to the doc, even, for something so trivial, but that the pain is keeping you awake, and then, me, when they offer me the codeine cough syrup, I always say, "yeah, doc, that stuff just doesn't quite do it, is there anything a little stronger than you can just take one sip, and go lay down and get some peace???"

I've gotten compounded dilaudid cough syrup once, and tussionex--hydrocodone--many times....both much better than stuff w/codeine...

But hey, a volkswagen's still better than walking haha....

Thanks for the advice guy's Hopefully I'll look sick enough for him to give me the good sh*t.

kevin
10-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Years ago every fall I would go to my GP and tell them I had a cough so bad I couldn't sleep, it always worked like a charm. Every time the weather turned cold and I had any mucus at all I'd hit up the doc for the "prescription cough syrup you guys always give me." Now that he's wise to my opiate addiction, however, he won't prescribe it.

So I'd say your best bet is to emphasize the insomnia, and make sure you tell them it's because you're coughing so much. The reason they prescribe that shit to people is because it makes opiate-naive people sleepy & suppresses their cough.

Duckfeet
10-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Yep^^^ main thing they like to hear, is that the cough is "keeping you awake" and *not* that you need it for work or anything else, as then they will worry you are driving "under the influence" ... so me, I always sort of preemptively say, "Yeah, doc, this is so bad, my grandkid had to drive me down here..." blah blah blah, so that *one* they know I'm not driving, and *two* I'm 'grandpa' ...and not some crazed junky trying to hustle some dope...which sadly, usually, is what I am... :)

KiloByte
11-01-2008, 06:35 AM
WELL, seriously, NO, but you must be missing the whole idea, Kilobite, ofcourse he/she doesnt NEED to see a Doc for a stupid cold! Just to find a reason to ask for the goodies!!!

Is it even worth the fees and hassle for some codiene though?

resorcinol
11-01-2008, 08:22 AM
You want to complain of an unproductive cough, meaning a dry, persistant cough that doesn't expel any mucous from your lungs, you know, that hacking cough that starts to become painful after awhile that doesn't make mucous come into your mouth. Don't say "I have an unproductive cought" as part of my cold symptoms. Medical term usage by patients, unfortunately, are a drug seeker red flag especially when the complaint is one that warrants a narcotic. Describe it instead, like I did above. Say it makes it hard to sleep at night.

Codeine cough syrup isn't really worth the trouble if you've got any kind of tolerance though. Hydrocodone syrup is much better.

Duckfeet
11-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Good points, especially on the "codeine cough syrup," hell, we used to get that over the counter in the U.S. and tussionex (hydrocodnoe) was ten times better...unless u still get "high" off a couple of tylenol 3's, I wouldn't bother w/codeine cough syrup, and I'm sure I'd puke it up before I ever got near any kind of buzz...

Take a flight to Belize, and get paragoric OTC: that'll fix u ;-)..and you could buy codeine too... ;-)

You want to complain of an unproductive cough, meaning a dry, persistant cough that doesn't expel any mucous from your lungs, you know, that hacking cough that starts to become painful after awhile that doesn't make mucous come into your mouth. Don't say "I have an unproductive cought" as part of my cold symptoms. Medical term usage by patients, unfortunately, are a drug seeker red flag especially when the complaint is one that warrants a narcotic. Describe it instead, like I did above. Say it makes it hard to sleep at night.

Codeine cough syrup isn't really worth the trouble if you've got any kind of tolerance though. Hydrocodone syrup is much better.

Narkotikon
11-01-2008, 12:22 PM
It's real easy. Tell them you have a dry (i.e., no phlem), hacking cough that is keeping you up at night, and that you HAVE to get some sleep for work / school / whatever. Do not fiend in the office, no NOT be in noticeable w/d, but also do NOT be nodding off. Be functionably high. It has to be a cough with no phlem because if you have phlem they want you to cough it up, and of course an opiate would prevent that. Also, it's better if you have a smoker's cough. I'm not suggesting that anyone go out and smoke to score cough syrup. But, smoker's tend to have congested lungs anyway, so you can sometimes pan it off on the cold and not the smoke, although if you do that don't wreak of smoke going in of course. The keys are dry cough, hacking, can't sleep at nigh, must be at _____ in the morning and can't be tired.

Good luck.

Also, if you do get something. Make sure you know all of the active ingredients in it. All syrups contain other ingredients aside from the opiate, whether they be antihistamines, decongestants, etc. Some of those really can't be taken in excess. I mean, you can go a little overboard, but if it's mixed with something that could make you sick, don't drink the whole bottle. That's the only drawback with syrups.

kellyblue
11-01-2008, 02:35 PM
My "d.o.c." in the cough syrup category has always been "Hycodan".

I found it totally innocently, when I went to the doc for something completely unrelated. She put the scope in my ear, which set me off, and I coughed so hard I almost fell off the exam table... She jumped back, said, "God- don't cough on me!", lol--- and immediately scripted what she called "The good stuff... will knock that cough right outta ya'!"

Turns out it was Hycodan... I've been in love ever since. The easiest way (for swim) to make sure that's what they get is this:

Simply cough your ass off the entire time you're there, whether you're sick or not. SWIM is lucky enough to be able to do the dry cough at will, and she just coughs in the waiting room, coughs in the exam room, coughs for the doc, but doesn't really SAY anything about it. Let THEM do the diagnosing.

Every time the doc comes into the room, first thing out of their mouth is, "Is that YOU I can hear all the way down the hall?" Answer is, "Yeah, had it about a week, it's keeping me up at night, and my chest is killing me!" Doc asks if they've used anything in the past that helped, answer is, "Um- yeah. About a year ago, my last doc gave me something called, um... it wasn't codeine 'cause I'm allergic to that, but it sounds like it... um... 'hy" something I think". Works every time! Obviously don't act like a total idiot when searching for the name, just give it a little thought. And don't make a big deal about the codeine "allergy"... just toss it in that it SOUNDED like codeine, but you're sure it wasn't because of your allergy.

Good luck!

Narkotikon
11-01-2008, 02:50 PM
I've never had Hycodan. How much hydrocodone is in it? I always loved Tussionex. It looks like thick snot, but has a lovely pineapple / peach / orangish flavor. I used to love going to the student health center to get that. Cough, cough, Tussionex.

kellyblue
11-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Active Ingredients: in a one tsp. dose...
Hydrocodone Bitartrate- 5 mg , Homatropine Methylbromide- 1.5 mg

Inactive Ingredients:
calcium phosphate dibasic,colloidal silicon dioxide,lactose,magnesium stearate,starch,stearic acid

Indications And Clinical Uses: The control of exhausting, nonproductive cough.

I know 5mg isn't that big a deal, but even with my tolerance (See below...) - for some reason, a tbs. still gives me a nice "float around the room". Obviously, not a good "nod"- but it gets rid of the cough, I get a little float... it's all good, LOL! But- if I take 15 mgs. of vicodin- nothing. Maybe it's psychological? Don't know why, don't care how, it works. :D Tussionex has 10 mg. of hydrocodone per tsp. but for me, the "float" isn't nearly as good... ???

Daily script is: OC 240 mgs. (80 T.I.D.) with up to 240 mgs.(60 Q.I.D.) Roxi for B/T. Of course, that's only for pain... "pleasure" requires about 1/2 again as much.

Narkotikon
11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Active Ingredients: in a one tsp. dose...
Hydrocodone Bitartrate- 5 mg , Homatropine Methylbromide- 1.5 mg

Inactive Ingredients:
calcium phosphate dibasic,colloidal silicon dioxide,lactose,magnesium stearate,starch,stearic acid

Indications And Clinical Uses: The control of exhausting, nonproductive cough.

I know 5mg isn't that big a deal, but even with my tolerance (See below...) - for some reason, a tbs. still gives me a nice "float around the room". Obviously, not a good "nod"- but it gets rid of the cough, I get a little float... it's all good, LOL! But- if I take 15 mgs. of vicodin- nothing. Maybe it's psychological? Don't know why, don't care how, it works. :D

Daily script is: OC 240 mgs. (80 T.I.D.) with up to 240 mgs.(60 Q.I.D.) Roxi for B/T. Of course, that's only for pain... "pleasure" requires about 1/2 again as much.

Yeah, tolerance is a bitch. I'm not nearly as high as I'd like to be on these freakin pods. I was drugs damnit! I feel like strangling the makers of Suboxone, even though I choose to take it. I fee like it's raised my tolerance and is still blocking some of the effects after not having takenit since Tuesday. I just want to get high.

resorcinol
11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Yeah, tolerance is a bitch. I'm not nearly as high as I'd like to be on these freakin pods. I was drugs damnit! I feel like strangling the makers of Suboxone, even though I choose to take it. I fee like it's raised my tolerance and is still blocking some of the effects after not having takenit since Tuesday. I just want to get high.

I'm rejoycing today. Even after almost two years of bombarding my opioid receptors with opiates, I still got off on 100 mg of hydrocodone. Yes, even though I'm on fent.

The only thing is, it reminded me how short the oxy and hydro highs are. Compared to a cheeked fent mylan patch or pods, which can last up to 8 hours, hydro and oxy feel like you're coming down after 3 hours.

It's definitely the subs muting your high. Subs have a ridiculously long half life and you might still have a blocking dose in you.

Narkotikon
11-01-2008, 07:23 PM
It's definitely the subs muting your high. Subs have a ridiculously long half life and you might still have a blocking dose in you.

Oh, I'm sure that's part of it, the other thing I think is it's really the raised tolerance. It's like you sign your soul over for stability on subs. You'll be stable, but at a price (i.e., high tolerance).

All of my pods and stems are gone. I used all the stems today and one half of the pods to make a really really dark / bitter brew. I made it at 3:00 when my mother left, and am now completely sober again. Mother fucker. If I don't get fucking high I'm going to go crazy. I want to get high dammnit! I have 20.5 subs left and I really don't want to go in there and snort a line. I'm so sick of snorting the shit. My nose is too stuffed up. I want real opiates. Think. Make a plan. Connive. Think. Manipulate. That's what my mind is telling me to do. I'm not so much worried about precipitated w/d, because--like you said--I'm sure I still have a fairly decent dose of bupe in me, and I've only been on the pods for three days, so it's not that big of a deal. I just don't want to waste all of my subs when I really want to just get high. I should have waited longer, but I'm too damned impatient. I envy your Fent taper.

ndoftaworld
12-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Damn. Wish I could find one of those pharms that has the OTC cough syrup.

Strangely enough (prolly in my mind as some1 said) these T3's aren't TOO bad. The way I'm figuring it - The mouth pain is masking my ab. pain (like on Major Payne :P ) and the T3's relieve the mouth pain JUST enough to 'lift' my spirits I guess.

Any drink, food, smoking, bong rip, etc. sends out flares of pain, and the codienes'll be gone by tonight :(

No more fucking ER visits... anybody else got an idea how to stay well until my PM appt the 6? Can't wait for pods (or find a good local source), and my occasional oxy connect is, well, occasional damn it.

Guess I'll just try to sleep through till next week. Definitely better than w/d's.

L8er all,

Nd