PDA

View Full Version : PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM

Fungi_x
10-19-2008, 11:22 PM
I got 200+ Giganteum poppy pods on my hands :D
Im wondering what nice little things I can put my $400.00+ worth of glassware to use on doing with all this Thebaine :rolleyes:

"United States Patent: 6,067,749: There is disclosed an improved poppy straw of a stably reproducing Papaver somniferum for the extraction of thebaine and/or oripavine, the threshed straw having thebaine and oripavine constituting about 50% by weight or greater of the alkaloid combination consisting of morphine, codeine, thebaine and oripavine."

I really want to try synthing something real! Any one got any ideas for an intermediate chemist?

JonnyM
10-19-2008, 11:26 PM
I think synthesizing things from thebaine might be a little more difficult then intermediate.

Any words of wisdom Robo?

Fungi_x
10-19-2008, 11:44 PM
robo? Is he some kind of chemistry guru?

SynthMorph
10-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Well first extract all your morphine out of there and then make some oxycodone and oxymorphone from your thebaine.

Fungi_x
10-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Will it be easy to separate the morphine from the thebaine? I have never done extractions with pods of any kind but to make tea and thats no fucking extraction IMHO lol

Is oxy really a plousable thing to think about synthing without some hard to get chems?

I have experience with speedy drugs and had experience in the day playing around with GHB just for the record.

clinton
10-19-2008, 11:53 PM
do you have any experience with chemistry?
what are you hoping to produce?

Fungi_x
10-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Oxy would be fun and some heroin from the morph.

and like I said "I have experience with speedy drugs and had experience in the day playing around with GHB just for the record."

pharmboy
10-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Try this link from our own globetrotter Rachmim18

http://lists.meer.net/pipermail/junk-1/2005-january/000107.html

Very good write up on what to do with your pod putty.

Sorry this link wont connect but if you Google it you should find it.
Its listed as heroin under sci.chem newsgroup subject: how is heroin made.

Fungi_x
10-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Ok sorry I forgot to mention I have these in dried pod form, im going to need something like "Hungarian Extraction of Alkaloids from Poppy Straw" Well as a first step. Im sure you're all aware or what that is. If not google it, it's all there. But this is a very non descriptive read... Im betting this is just a dead end and im going to just enjoy my nice speedy buzz the, almost speed-balling effects the SOMNIFERUM give. Any of you guys had tea with this species? (why the hell that all go BOLD?)

clinton
10-20-2008, 12:25 AM
talk to robo,hes online...see what he thinks
maybe mayo or the much loved hammilton as well

jonny-5
10-20-2008, 12:28 AM
i think without real chemistry knowlege like some of the people have here youre not gonna get real far. just cause someone showed you how to cook crack and meth doesnt mean youre an intermediate chemist lol.

clinton
10-20-2008, 12:29 AM
is it a new hobby?
you didnt invest in the chemistry glassware for this purpose correct?
it may be quite tough.

pharmboy
10-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Sorry I think it is listed under " poppy " on Google.

Fungi_x
10-20-2008, 12:32 AM
5 g of opium were cut into small pieces and extracted by reflux with 0.4 g of sodium hydroxide in 25 ml of methanol for 1 to 2 hrs. The methanol extract was then filtered to remove particulate materials. After addition of 1 g of filter aid to the methanol extract, which contained 465 to 485 mg of morphine, the methanol was removed under reduced pressure. The residue was then mixed with 5.5 ml of 1.0 N sodium hydroxide solution at 35°C. for 10 min. and the pH adjusted to about 11.5 to 11.9 with 50% acetic acid in water. This aqueous extract was then filtered and the precipitate washed with 5.5 ml of 0.01 N sodium hydroxide solution. The combined aqueous filtrate was stirred with 0.5 g of sodium acetate for 10 minutes and filtered again. The filtrate was then extracted twice with 5 ml of toluene and the pH of the aqueous filtrate was then adjusted to pH 9.1, with 50% acetic acid in water. The mixture was allowed to remain for a period of 6-10 hrs at room temperature for complete precipitation and was then filtered. This precipitate was washed with water and dried at room temperature. This final precipitate contained 400-426 mg of morphine, which represented a recovery of 86-88% based upon the amount of morphine in the initial methanol extract. The purity of morphine following this procedure was 84% to 86% by weight.

That sound promising, can one make heroin from 84 - 86% pure morphine?

But I would want to do this method with p somniferum not my thebaine rich SOMNIFERUM

jonny-5
10-20-2008, 12:38 AM
That sound promising, can one make heroin from 84 - 86% pure morphine?

But I would want to do this method with p somniferum not my thebaine rich SOMNIFERUM

um what? i dont think im understanding the difference between p somniferum and thebaine rich somniferum.

Fungi_x
10-20-2008, 12:42 AM
is it a new hobby?
you didnt invest in the chemistry glassware for this purpose correct?
it may be quite tough.

I use my glassware mostly for the purification of salvia d and for DMX purification. Allot of ethnos.

clinton, this is not directed to you.

I don't need to explain mysels to anyone. If I have the knowlege It don't mean to shits less to me if you wanna talk shit guys.

Ok now,

My main question I guess is how hard is it going to be to seperate out the thebiane from the morphine and still keep both chems? Then my next thing is has any of you done this from CPS? I know most of you have prolly see no use for theibian but I quite enjoy it alone as an additive to my buzz off other opiates and if I can make it pure and all the chems are easy to get (unlike the ones to make X) I know I can do something with it. Maybe even some fent!

Please excuse the spelling errors my seroquel is kicking it, It's bed time. Good night and good noddin'

EDIT: DMT not dmx.

jonny-5
10-20-2008, 12:48 AM
i wasnt talking shit, im just saying you might wanna learn a little bit about the possible chemical reactions and how different chemicals behave so you dont kill yourself or others accidentally with the final product. im just looking out not talking shit.

clinton
10-20-2008, 01:48 AM
thanks for the clarification
fungi,i may have misunderstood who your statement was directed to w/o it (honestly)
lets us all know how it turns out
hopefully for the best good luck pal

robojunkie
10-20-2008, 02:06 AM
Best score for thebaine is the oriental poppy...

However, just for informational purposes, the sacred Bentley compound ETORPHINE, can be prepared in 3 easy steps (easy for me if I have the necessary chems, none are watched either, I almost got around to this once, but via codeine, ie oxidation of 6 position, alkylation at 6 with methyl iodide to form the dienol ester thebaine).

The three easy steps, found in Bentley's patents, very hard to find as the patents and papers cover lots of peripheral shit, but thebaine is reacted with an excess of methyl vinyl ketone (MVK) to give the Diels Alder adduct with complete stereoselectivity (ie the acetyl moiety at the pseudo-7 position and never at the pseudo-8 position), subsequent reaction in ether with propyl magnesium bromide Grignard reagent to give what could be called 3-methyletorphine, and finally Lewis Acid methyl aryl ether cleavage with Boron Tribromide (also used for efficient transformation of codeine to morphine) to give ETORPHINE, several hundreds to a thousand times stronger than morphine.

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!! Even though I delineated the three steps there is no way a nonprofessionally trained (or good clandestine) chemist could pull this off without wasting everything and fucking DYING if "lucky" and successful at the last step. The grad student in Bentley's lab who first prepared etorphine as part of a whole methodology study on variously substituted "prenorphine" type compounds nearly died because his coffee stirrer touched the crude material, and on drinking the coffee he fell out. Allegedly an accident but one must wonder why in hell he was playing with superpotent opioids and stirring his coffee at the same time. I sense a junky in the lab, hell if Bentley was still around, that's the school I'd be sending my CV and app to!!!

robojunkie
10-20-2008, 02:36 AM
One more thing, the above is kinda just for kicks and giggles, there is virtually no way without serious experience one could pull the above synthesis successfully.

However, much easier but still challenging, is the morphine extraction from dried poppy pods (italics included because is is different form true opium latex).

This involves Calcium hydroxide, ammonium chloride and water as well as ethanol. So one makes one's tea, reduces down to thick syrup, dissolves vigorously in ethanol, lets stand in cold for hours, then filters through Celite under vacuum (Celite is diatomaceous earth). The ethanol is used to crash out most of the particulate crap that fucks up the later steps. So now that one has the ethanolic solution, it is reduced again, taken back up in water (about 10 mls per gram concentrated putty) and brought slowly to around pH 12 to 13 with Ca(OH)2 under mild heat. This is then again filtered through celite (at this point one has made calcium morphinate phenol salt, soluble in water as morph is an amphoteric alkaloid), and then pH is brought down to around 9 with ammonium chloride. Then place in freezer overnight and look for tan powder sinking at bottom of beaker. This is >95% morphine base. filter and dry, then either prep for injection as is as the acetate salt or add about 5 ml acetic anhydride for every gram morphine and about 1/4 gram sodium acetate, heat to 100C for four hours, then cool, hydrolize AA excess with water, add a couple drops methylene chloride or chloroform to remove reddish impurities, then basify and extract with ether. Evaporate ether, then add ethanolic HCl (do the math) and then precipitatewith ether. Filter and enjoy pure WHITE diamorphine hydrochloride. This is a prep most here could pull off with my instruction in theory. I had a chance to bang 19 mg. pure diamorphine once and it rocked with a low tolerance at the time...

SynthMorph
10-20-2008, 03:55 AM
I know a guy that went from poppy pods to morphine salt. Having morphine base is still not pure enough for IV because CPS contains much more codeine and other alkaloids then doing this from straight opium. Morphine base from CPS is more of a codeine/morphine substance. It needs to be mixed with chloroform to remove plant impurities and excess codeine and other allkaloids.

You take your dried out poppy tea (CPS) and bring the ph to 12 with calcium carbonate and sodium carbonate in distilled water. Let it sit for about an hour and this tan looking sludge will be at the bottom, this is the combined thebaine, noscapine, papaverine alkloids minus morphine. Filter morphine/codeine containing liquid through a tight weave t-shirt or micropore filter. Keep tan sludge and dry out, that is your thebaine and other excess alkaloids. Morphine is in the liquid, add ammounium chloride until ph is 9.1. then evaporate much of the liquid off and let sit overnight. You should start seeing the morphine base bunching together. Pour through a filter to collect the coffee looking morphine base. Mix the base with some kind of acid like acetic, hydrochloric, tartaric etc over heat until fully dissolved. Then mix with chloroform to remove plant and other alkaloids impurities. Let sit in chloroform for about 30-40 min until chloroform layer looks dirty with plant material and the water layer looks like apple juice. Take the water layer out, this contains your M, mix in with some bone charcoal and then filter it out. Evaporate off water and dry out in oven until you have your tan looking M powder, very pure at this point.

Fungi_x
10-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys for taking the time to help me out with all this! I think now with the info provided and with the additional resources I have found online I'll have endless amounts of experiments to learn from.

You guys are the best.

Rite now my biggest experiment is a "Jungle Extraction Method" for the extraction Psilocybin :p
If it is feasible then most growers can directly convert their crop into a probably storage-stable psilocybin powder without elaborate procedures.

This was the result of one of the tests using,
400ml water.
20g dry shroom.
0.2g citric acid (to adjust the Ph of mushroom solution before adding calcium & other reasons.)
0.5g calcium carbonate. (base on which the actives then bind to)

1-200ml of water was heated to 50*C.

2-citric acid was slowly added until water was PH 3.

3-20 dry grams of P.Cubensis was put through a coffee grinder and put into the PH adjusted water.

4-after stirring for 5-min the PH of solution was tested at PH 5.
More citric acid was added until solution was back to PH 3 ( it was noted that there was no bluing of the solution , oxidation at all with the addition of citric acid.)

5-the slurry was filtered with vacuum filter in basic fashion.
The crudely filtered solution is put to the side, and the chunk of shroom is washed again in the next step.

6- 0.5 gram of calcium carbonate was then stirred into the mushroom solution. there looked to be some reaction.

7- solution was left for 3 hrs to make fractions / layers & let all the calcium settle to the bottom.

8 -All liquid was then removed with Turkey baster & eye dropper, powder was then dried & weighed.

This was the result.
I was only able to recover 0.3 gram of powder.
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/94/rec14vb0.th.jpg (http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rec14vb0.jpg)
So as of yet, there are no "real" developments hereI'm going to prolly re-post this in a more appropriate spot if one exists but I really wanted to get this out there, It could change the face of Shrooms as we know it. Would any one be interested in helping me with this experiment?

thanks for the clarification
fungi,i may have misunderstood who your statement was directed to w/o it (honestly)
lets us all know how it turns out
hopefully for the best good luck pal

lol, yea I post on a lot of forums and it sucks when a comment gets misguided ;)

Fungi_x
10-20-2008, 10:23 AM
um what? i dont think im understanding the difference between p somniferum and thebaine rich somniferum.

http://www.poppies.org/2001/07/13/high-thebaine-somniferum-strain/

http://www.poppies.org/2001/07/13/high-thebaine-somniferum-strain/

I have some of these and they have almost zero noddin ability, all they do is zoot you all up.

rockbottom
10-20-2008, 01:20 PM
i love the way the psilocybin powder looks i believe in pshcydelics--now you need a member of the Native American church to get you some peyote buttons and put powdered mescaline back out here---we need more chemists----i've had a few desinger drugs mdma b4 it was mass produced some shit called u4ea it was like speed and benzos mixed--wired but calm-weird but it was great also some shit we called toad squeeze supposedly dmt extracted from toads that shit was nightmare--but at least they tried----good luck- by the way iwas just reading about some mad scientist who discovered 200analogs of mescaline many never produced--good luck on your experiments

i almost forgot all the different types acid i've done from magical--super esp remote viewing--to comical laugh my ass off until my stomach hurt all produced by amateur chemists

one more smokable crystaline herion it smoked like crack but gave a hell of a down rush like i'v herion
ithought that shit would take over the world but only saw it that one time--again good luck

JonnyM
10-20-2008, 01:31 PM
robo? Is he some kind of chemistry guru?

Yep, not only is RoboJunkie our "chemistry gury" he is also an admin here and we love him dearly.