PDA

View Full Version : how much codeine in one day?

renton
04-08-2006, 01:27 AM
I was wondering how much codeine would be safe to take in a day. Some books say 400mg max but I've read they use it instead of methadone maintnance in parts of Germany so they must use allot more than that to help ex heroin users.

antony
04-08-2006, 09:38 AM
ive read your body has a ceiling for codeine, it could be 400mgs that it can only metabolize at a time, and the rest goes to waste. you could load up all day, and nothing.

katomic
04-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah Antony is right and it also inhibits the very enzyme it needs to turn in to morphine when that happened to me it tended to make me fell ill if I did two high doses close to each other. Theirs no point than using it more than two times a day for rec value maybe even once cos it’s a waste.

ssjTiamat
05-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Well, let me ask this. Being a codeine noob myself.

How much codeine is in a standard Tylenol 3 tab? All the times I have taken codeine it has always been as a last resort or as a backup to get me thru 1 or 2 days at most until my next script of Oxy or Hydro came along. Just to keep the w/d away. But in all my past dealings with it, I have never bothered to try and find out what the mg count is in these or even how much I am taking and what the effective dose is for myself (personally). Not to mention, none of the medication literature I have ever rec. with a codeine script has EVER mentioned the mg measure or anything else that would indicate the individual tablets strength. Unlike your average Hydro or Oxy script or Lit. that pretty much states the mg count and strength in so many places you couldn't NOT know what the emasure was if you tried!

Thanks.

ssj

caesee
05-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Well, let me ask this. Being a codeine noob myself.

How much codeine is in a standard Tylenol 3 tab? ssj

tylenol 3=30mg codiene, tylenol 4=40mg codiene

exitwound
05-09-2006, 03:23 PM
as others have already said -- it's not a matter of safety, it's a matter of not wasting the stuff! your body can only metabolize about 400mg at a time.

satori
05-10-2006, 02:50 PM
tylenol 3=30mg codiene, tylenol 4=40mg codiene

Tylenol 4 has 60mg codeine i beleive.

Phluck
05-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Exactly. I'm not sure where the idea that T4's had 40mg came from.

It goes like this:

Tylenol 1: 8mg of codeine + 15mg of caffeine, and you can get 'em OTC in Canada.

Tylenol 2: 15mg of codeine.

Tylenol 3: 30mg of codeine.

Tylenol 4: 60mg of codeine.

I *think* they've all got 325mg of acetaminophen, but there might be some variation that I'm not aware of.

satlelitejive
06-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Good question! I have read that the ceiling is 450mg and in other places I've read that it is double that! I experimented with about 6 to 700mg (CWE) once, and was sick of my ass! So I would tend to believe that it is better to stick around 400 and lower. The constipation alone was enough to convince me of that!!!!!!!!!:( OUCH!

johnny27
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
I used to do alot of neurofen plus. 350mg codeine per dose. In the past i've tried using this does up to 4 times a day, which is a total waste. I find if i did 350mg early in the day, and the 2nd dose no sooner than 5 hours later i can get high off both doses. I've used 3 doses a day quite often too, but it tends to be abit too wasteful.

exitwound
06-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Your body can only metabolize around 400-500mg into morphine, but it can still absorb the rest you take....and you will feel corresponding side effects. So don't do it!

Fleeting_Glimpse
06-20-2006, 09:26 PM
I dont think you need to do much more than that, like someone said its just wasting it, and if your using T3s or what ever as far as being safe, i think you should be more concerned about the acetominophen in that comes with the codeine.... Im going to go with the metabolism answer too

now im not going to suggest the following, but Im just going to put it, anyway im sure you have all heard it before but if you take a sleeping pill before you dose your codiene as it enhances the buzz, plus you would probly only use half of the codiene you normally use, but it can also be very DANGEROUS if you are stupid about it and try and dose the same + the sleeping pill. anyways be safe

superman
06-21-2006, 01:48 AM
phluck was right on the money, about the acetaminphen as well.

I once did 800mg of pure codiene crystals when i was withdrawling with no effect or side effect.

but once when i was a young teen i did 400mg of pure codiene crystals and puked my brains out.

now for a question of my own: does anyone thinks it's possible for codiene to kill an adult human who is not elderly or sick? has it ever happened? personally i doubt it. i've dosed noobs and had them on the nod, but i doubt i'd be able to kill them.

Hammilton
06-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Not to be rude, but of course an adult human can be killed by codeine. Barring IV injection, Allergy, use of alcohol, barbs or other depressants, its not super common, but it sure as hell can happen. 350mg of codeine would be plenty to kill the average person with absolutely no tolerance. It would have been able to kill me before I built up. I od'd at 275 once, came very close that night to not waking up the next day. If it hadn't been for a close friend who abuses speed and apparently injects (had a clean needle, i've since been tested). Gave me a small dose and wokerated me up.

A light person with a less a tolerance would have been dead before they got an IV.

Hammilton

PantyShot9
07-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Exactly. I'm not sure where the idea that T4's had 40mg came from.

It goes like this:

Tylenol 1: 8mg of codeine + 15mg of caffeine, and you can get 'em OTC in Canada.

Tylenol 2: 15mg of codeine.

Tylenol 3: 30mg of codeine.

Tylenol 4: 60mg of codeine.

I *think* they've all got 325mg of acetaminophen, but there might be some variation that I'm not aware of.

Only 300 of acetaminophen which makes them a lot safer than most combos in myopinion except oxycodone ones. I get more euphoria without going over the acetaminophen daily limit with Codeine then the others with acetaminophen except the mentioned oxycodone. Maybe if I could find Norco that would change.

clinton
07-28-2006, 08:44 PM
i dont think that 350 mg of codeine would kill anyone unless they were already sick, the ld50 is 800mg....
i feel best when i take about 250 to 300mg....anything more doesnt enhance anything....a very subtle nice high......

"Codeine is a _excellent_ opiate to start experimenting with. Although the euphoria is not as intense as that experienced with the stronger opiates, the euphoria can still be quite intense. It also must be noted that like most other drugs, some experience is required before the full effects can be noticed and enjoyed. The best dose to start at is the 30mg - 60mg dosage. That way you won't experience many adverse effects and you can continue to take this small amount until you feel the desired effects, after that you can increase the dosage as you please. Most people settle around the 250mg mark for the best euphoria, with the least side effects. The best idea is to take in a situation where you won't become distracted. You can get yourself into a comfortable position and relax because you will become _quite_ relaxed. It may take 5 to 20 times before you can appreciate the effects. The effects are subtle like marijuana and it takes some time before you come to recognize them all.

The LD50 (lethal dose for %50) is 800mg in the average person. Death from codeine, unlike most opiates, includes restlessness, seizures and eventually death from respiratory arrest.

[Some sources indicate that the lower-end LD50 may be around 500mg, so doses above 450mg are in the red zone.