PDA

View Full Version : when you buy needles from a pharm what do you get

psistem
09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
assuming someone was purchasing insulin needles, what is the most popular guage and cc size. Shorts or longs? do you ask for brand by name?

Raisin
09-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Ultra fine half inch.

EleusisII
09-29-2008, 08:55 PM
If you're looking scummy, or are young and thin, the pharmacist might ask what kind of insulin you use. Make sure you know the brand and strength, just in case...

limestoneman
09-30-2008, 08:03 AM
1cc short tip insulin syringe. I'm not even sure what the gauge is, but they work perfectly. I love them so much.

ndoftaworld
09-30-2008, 09:52 AM
I've found, in some pharms, that playing dumb is a great way to get some pins. I did a couple of weeks ago @ Walgreens.

I just said my brother was diabetic and needed to refill, he got his insulin already, but hadn't realized he was almost out of syringes... I have NO IDEA about the size, brand, etc. But I know the needle itself is shorter than most I've seen, and REALLY thin.

Got me a box of 1cc short tips :)

Doesn't always work, but depending on who's working the counter, sometimes a better idea than "I forgot the brand of insulin I take... hmm, and my doctor's name, and... the type of diabeties I have? Umm, I think type 2"

Hehe, don't buy them too often though, it has gotten extremely hard in some places (some pharms in particular), because they ask/require a script for insulin as proof before selling sharps. Damn conservative medical profession :mad:

Nd

Papa Verine
09-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Around here there's no problem buying needles. You go up to the pharmacy, you say I need a bag of insulin syringes, they say what size, you say 29 gauge, they get them, you pay... I've never had anything else happen when buying needles.

bigNasty
09-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Around here there's no problem buying needles. You go up to the pharmacy, you say I need a bag of insulin syringes, they say what size, you say 29 gauge, they get them, you pay... I've never had anything else happen when buying needles.
^^^Thats how it is in my area. Wal-Mart seems to be the easiest as they never ask you bullshit questions or require a script for insulin, it must be company policy. I just go up there and say "1cc, 31 gauge, ultrafine, 5/16th's"

Duckfeet
09-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Depends on state--city--you are in: in Sioux Falls SD, they had'em in the drug stores next to toothbrushes and shit...in Corpus Christi TX you had to know what drug store to go to, but it was legal...in Columbus OH, you had to sign a form saying what they were for...and out here in ultra-liberal California??? Forgettaboutit... I think I'm savvy enough on this issue, and I've put on a SportCoat and my best senior citizen smile, and say that they are for for Interferon--Hep C has different forms of perscribing this, and *sometimes* you can buy yer own rigs--and I've also tried the old diabetic routine...and I *am* diabetic, and know that one up and down(but not on insulin, since I exercize and eat right...mostly)but the pharmacists are pretty savvy now about junkys claiming diabetes, so they ask for doc's name and number...and I've *never* been able to score syringes out here, and have to go to "needle exchanges" which come twice a week around this area...(So grateful to those people btw)...

So??? Means everyplace is different, and what works in *one* burg might night work in another, IMHO...best shot always is to ask a local hype...they *always* know...

monkeyphunk
09-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Depends on state--city--you are in: in Sioux Falls SD, they had'em in the drug stores next to toothbrushes and shit...in Corpus Christi TX you had to know what drug store to go to, but it was legal...in Columbus OH, you had to sign a form saying what they were for...and out here in ultra-liberal California??? Forgettaboutit... I think I'm savvy enough on this issue, and I've put on a SportCoat and my best senior citizen smile, and say that they are for for Interferon--Hep C has different forms of perscribing this, and *sometimes* you can buy yer own rigs--and I've also tried the old diabetic routine...and I *am* diabetic, and know that one up and down(but not on insulin, since I exercize and eat right...mostly)but the pharmacists are pretty savvy now about junkys claiming diabetes, so they ask for doc's name and number...and I've *never* been able to score syringes out here, and have to go to "needle exchanges" which come twice a week around this area...(So grateful to those people btw)...

So??? Means everyplace is different, and what works in *one* burg might night work in another, IMHO...best shot always is to ask a local hype...they *always* know...
hey if your in cali you should know that now(actually since 2005) because ofsenate bill 1159 that alot of counties can now legally sell syringes to an individual 18 or older in qualifying counties (alameda,los angeles,etc etc there are quite a few ) but you need to find dpdp compliant pharmacies and they are legally allowed to sell you up to ten syringes .i dunno how many pharmacies are dpdp complianmt but walgreens wrote the state a letter that they would like to leave it up to individual pharmiscits but that they backed the idea of safe access so the corp headquarter was supportive . i know most think its ILLEGAL to sell syringe within cali but it is untrue anyone who wonders google ca sente bill 1159

losangeleslifer
09-30-2008, 03:43 PM
That may be the case. Have you have personally purchased points in any of the the counties you mentioned?

hey if your in cali you should know that now(actually since 2005) because ofsenate bill 1159 that alot of counties can now legally sell syringes to an individual 18 or older in qualifying counties (alameda,los angeles,etc etc there are quite a few ) but you need to find dpdp compliant pharmacies and they are legally allowed to sell you up to ten syringes .i dunno how many pharmacies are dpdp complianmt but walgreens wrote the state a letter that they would like to leave it up to individual pharmiscits but that they backed the idea of safe access so the corp headquarter was supportive . i know most think its ILLEGAL to sell syringe within cali but it is untrue anyone who wonders google ca sente bill 1159

LorTabitha
09-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Hehe, don't buy them too often though, it has gotten extremely hard in some places (some pharms in particular), because they ask/require a script for insulin as proof before selling sharps.

I don't know about the laws in all states (duh!) but I do know that most states do not require a script for insulin.

If you are trying to think of a "reason" to get syringes, many people use them for vitamin B shots. They are also used for diabetic pets and for yearly vaccines for pets, such as parvo, etc. Everything but rabies vaccines (that is a red flag - in almost all states rabies must be administered by a vet).

Duckfeet
10-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh, no doubt: it's not a state or federal law, but local ordinance, so again, it just depends on where you live...Calif left it up to drugstores, and most of them, strangely enough, don't *want* to sell to junkies ; maybe it's because whenever they are wrapping them up, I'm always trying to see where they keep the schedII's, and where the burlgar alarms are: old habits die hard ;-)

jonny-5
10-01-2008, 12:33 PM

this is true, but there is no way to know which ones do. frankly, im sick of walking into pharmacies and asking and getting the same ignorant looks and stupid responses. thats why im thankful for the needle exchange programs around here. i dont really like the brand of needles they give out, they give out terumo, but they always give you ten more than you came in with, so even if you didnt bring any youll walk out with ten.

to answer the question i like 29g and the long ones, i think theyre an inch, whatever is above the 5/16 length. im torn between the 1/2 cc and the 1cc, because the 1/2 cc work better for me, but sometimes i need more water than that like for pills and stuff.

ndoftaworld
10-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Is there a website that lists NEP (Needle exchange) by state? I searched for Nebraska, but all I was getting is federal bans or (soon to be) on NEP. I'm thinking Omaha prolly, but don't know WHERE they'd be.

TIA,

Nd

monkeyphunk
10-02-2008, 08:03 PM
That may be the case. Have you have personally purchased points in any of the the counties you mentioned?
i got some in contra costa while i was visiting and in la i found a couple of cvs stores have no issues but i too use the termno ffrom the local NE but they must like as they always give me at least 20 more than i came with last time i brought like 30-40 i left with 130...i also explained that i have to ride over an hour to visit the exchange (no lie ) i live in orange county which unfortunately is not for NE but suppusdly is in the process of becomiin dpdp compliant and writing the ordinance for it .any on on here from ca should read the sb 1159 as it tells us how to carry the needles so they CANNOT be considered drug paraphnalia ,basically the law states if you can keep it proper and safe (in a sharps container ) it cannot be considered drug paraphanlia ,funny thnig is i came across all this info lookin for needle exchange while visitin the bay area ,which also explained why i was never formally charged when cops found my hype and gave me a citation

Narkotikon
10-02-2008, 11:26 PM
You can in OH and KY, but it's up to the pharmacist's discretion. I've never personally bought in a pharmacy before, but I know that's the case. I've always bought mine online. My preference is 31 guage 1cc ultra-fine 1/2 inch, preferably BD. Those are just the best IMO. But, as far as what would be the most popular kind to stock in a pharmacy, I'd say probably either 28 or 29 guage 1cc 1inch, and whatever brand. I'm sure most would have a few types to choose from, but I would think the 28's or 29 1cc 1in. would be the most popular / in-demand for insulin syringes.

One time, back in Oct. 2006, I had just gotten back from the hospital for opiate w/d (first time out of two times I ever went to the hospital for that -- I don't know why I thought they'd actually help...never again), and took my script for Clonidine to a Walgreens in Lexington, KY (where I was living at the time), and it was about 1:00 AM or something like that, because they kept me waiting forever in the damned ER waiting room. Anyway, while I was sitting in the chair waiting for them to fill it, I saw this twenty-something kid who looked like he stepped out of an Abercrombie and Fitch catalog come in all anxious and asking for insuline syringes for his "uncle." The girl behind the counter, who was also in her 20's, asked what kind and I think he said 1cc 29 guage BD or something like that, and then she wanted to know who his uncle was, and he said he didn't know, and then she asked for the doctor's name, he didn't know, what kind of insulin, he didn't know, and everytime he didn't know he made up some lame excuse. Of course I found this really interesting being an opiate addict, and while a part of me felt sorry for him because he was obviously not walking out of there with any clean points, I also had to keep myself from laughing at his lack of intelligence on how to do this, or even get his story straight. I'm sure they weren't for his "uncle," if he even had one, but come on, rehearse your script to where it sounds at least believable. Anyway, she finally said no and he left, but when he did she said to actual pharmacist "I hate it when those junkies come in here."

Now, what made me mad is that she could have just said no as soon as he asked. Like I said, in KY it's legal for them to sell points without a script, but it's at their discretion, and she wouldn't even consult with the pharmacist, and he was young looking, and looked like he was in w/d (I'm not sure if he was an opiate addict, or a coke / meth addict...I'm more inclined to think he was a meth head), so I'm sure she knew right away that she wasn't going to give him any, so why play games? Just say no and be done with it. Then, what also made me mad was that total attitude of hers about having to deal with junkies. I mean, fuck off bitch. That's what I wanted to say. Actually, what I wanted to say was that she legally could sell to him, but let's be honest, she was being a bitch and wouldn't. That's what I wanted to say. But anyway, if you have no intention of selling needles to people, just say no and don't make them do the song and dance to amuse you, then have the audacity to criticize them when they leave when you're the one who put them through the song and dance to begin with. It just really irked me.

But, to avoid all that, I've just always bought them online. I find I get better deals that way, and plus you don't have to worry about being hassled like that. It takes a few days to get them, but I think it's worth it in the long run, plus you can always get what you want. You don't have to just settle for what they have.

I honestly don't know what the big deal about selling needles is. I mean, come on. You can either deny IV drug users of clean needles, and hope that they'll have enough sense to not use, but that's not how addiction works. For the most part, most people who use IV drugs aren't going to think clearly when they're sick and need a shot. They're going to use. So, if they know that, why not at least be decent human beings and try to help them by helping them not get a disease by selling them clean needles. They think they're contributing to their addiction, when all they're really doing is contributing to their demise by not selling to them. It's so fucking stupid in my opinion.

KiloByte
10-03-2008, 12:33 AM
I've never seen a Rx pharmacy open past 10 pm.

Narkotikon
10-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Walgreen's is open 24 hours in lots of locations.

KiloByte
10-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Walgreen's is open 24 hours in lots of locations.

Not the pharmacy though.

dieselbaby
10-03-2008, 05:47 AM
Not the pharmacy though.

Yeah Walgreen's pharmacy is open 24 hrs plenty of places, same with CVS.

Here's a repost of mine from another thread regarding purchasing needles:

:fever: Needle buying tips Are some of you who are having problems getting syringes having these problems because you look like a stereotypical junkie?

I think it's so stupid when people go in there with something written on a piece of paper, like they "don't know" what they are going there to pick up (as if this makes it any less suspicious :rolleyes:) or when they act like they are going in there to pick it up for a grandmother/brother/dog/etc. It's pretty to obvious to anyone with half a brain that you are going there to pick up needles, to use for drugs, on yourself. Going in there with a piece of paper that says "syringes, 29 gauge, 1 cc" or whatever is so lame. Who hands a piece of paper to a clerk in a store anyway?

I live in Indiana, one of the most conservative states, and even though the law states that it is legal to purchase syringes without a prescription, you can still be charged with a FELONY (class D felony - unlawful possession of syringe) if you are caught with one. You don't need a prescription to purchase insulin.

Like others have said, some places will give you a hard time as it is chain policy not to sell syringes without a prescription. It can ultimately be up to the pharmacist or pharm tech at the store whether you're gonna get them or not. This is usually bullshit and varies depending on the person trying to purchase them. I look very clean-cut, am always well-dressed and well spoken so I never have a problem regardless of where I go.

I used to go to Wal-Mart and get boxes of 100 for $13.59, however, one time there was a pharmacy tech working who I had never bought from before who gave me a big problem because "I didn't have an insulin prescription on file with Wal-Mart", instead of backing down like most timid junkies would do, I instead caused a big stink and made a huge scene in front of everyone. I yelled at the woman and asked her if she was accusing me of being a junkie. I believe I remember yelling "do I look like some god damned meth head to you?!?" I demanded to see a manager and then I got them, and the stupid bitch got reprimanded. If any of you are having problems I recommend doing the same thing. If you really had diabetes and needed syringes (you should buy them by the box) wouldn't you be pissed if they were denying them to you as well? Or if they are giving you a really hard time you could always say; "do you really want it on your conscience that I'm going to go use a dull and dirty needle at home now because you won't give me a clean one? How would you feel if I got hepatitis or HIV from it? Do you think your self-righteousness is going to stop me from shooting my heroin/coke/oxy/whatever?" That's pretty extreme and I would only use it as a last option.

Personally I think ordering off the internet is a good idea if you can afford it, but it's fucking expensive. www.theneedlebeast.com (http://www.theneedlebeast.com/) and www.getpinz.com (http://www.getpinz.com/) are two great places to order from (they will be packaged and billed discreetly, and are relatively cheap although if you shop around on froogle.google.com you can definitely find cheaper). I would personally never pay any more than $20 for a box of 100. Right now I go to a local mom & pop pharmacy here which is more than glad to sell me my insulin syringes. I go in and ask exactly for "a box of 29 gauge, 1 cc insulin syringes." I like giving the independent pharmacy my business anyway, and the people there are really nice to me. I think that if you start saying all these specifics like brand name or 1/2 inch needle, etc. it can make you look like a junkie. I've never been second-guessed-I've got the employees where I go to now convinced I'm truly diabetic, and you could always buy a thing of insulin or some other diabetic product like lancets, testing strips, etc. if you really wanted to in order to make yourself look more legitimate. A strange benefit of living in Indiana is that you need to sign a register (a log book) when you buy needles, so they can keep track of them (not keeping your information for anything bad). This is good because if anyone questions me I can just be like, "look, I come here all the time, I'm in the book about 20 times buying the same exact thing." If you're even asked why you're not on file for a prescription for insulin at their pharmacy, you can say "I get my humalog at Wal-Mart where it's cheaper but my syringes here since your store carries the size I prefer."

It's also good to do some research about diabetes if you're going to pretend like you have it. Knowing stupid little things, like the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes, what your blood glucose levels should be, what kind of insulin you use, how many units, how you mix it, how often you inject, etc. are all small things that you can easily remember and throw back in the face of any nosy pharmacist. Cover your fucking track marks. Diabetics do not shoot insulin intravenously, it's shot subcutaneously (skin-popped) and you should know this.

Again, I would recommend going against the "buying for grandma/friend/dog" route, as odds are if you're shooting up, and they sell it to you, you're going to go back and buy more, which is going to make it obvious you're lying. Support local small businesses anyway. The majority will be more than happy to sell syringes to you (and DO call them syringes, nothing else - not needles, spikes, rigs, fits, etc.) and will appreciate your continued business. Once you make the first purchase at a small place, let them know that you're "new in the area" and ask to see if they will keep the kind you like stocked for you. Most pharmacies don't sell a lot of of syringes especially by the box so you may have to shop around before you find the specific kind you like. If anyone asks you for a prescription for the syringes themselves, and not necessarily the insulin, your best response would be to act bewildered (I mean, honestly, what fucking doctor writes a prescription for syringes?) and be like, "my doctor never writes me a prescription." If they say you need to have a prescription just say (if you are young enough to pull this off) that you go to school in the area, and your parents send you your medicine every three months in the mail. Or you could always claim that you have a prescription in the system, and if they look it up to no avail, just say that they must be mistaken. If you are confident and act like you have done nothing wrong it goes a long way. Confidence is key.

Good luck! :) Love Dieselbaby xoxo

Narkotikon
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Not the pharmacy though.

Umm, I don't know where you're living, but I can tell you that if you live in any metropolitan area, then yes it is.

And, btw, what was the point of posting that? The only possible explanation I can think of is that you're trying to say I'm a liar or something, because what else would be the point in saying that they're not open 24hours? I'm not a fucking liar, I was there bitch, deal with it. I don't appreciate that.

KiloByte
10-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Umm, I don't know where you're living, but I can tell you that if you live in any metropolitan area, then yes it is.

And, btw, what was the point of posting that? The only possible explanation I can think of is that you're trying to say I'm a liar or something, because what else would be the point in saying that they're not open 24hours? I'm not a fucking liar, I was there bitch, deal with it. I don't appreciate that.

Then quit getting your panties in a bunch and come check out my neighborod because except for maybe a drive through I've never seen a 24 hour one. No need to pull an attitude online tough guy.

Narkotikon
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Then quit getting your panties in a bunch and come check out my neighborod because except for maybe a drive through I've never seen a 24 hour one. No need to pull an attitude online tough guy.

Yeah, there is when I"m being called a liar. It's common sense to assume that just because you've not seen it in your area, that that doesn't mean that it's like that everywhere in the world. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word bitch, but maybe you shouldn't have automatically assumed I was lieing just because you haven't seen a pharmacy open 24/7. It's kind of arrogant to think you know everything. I think anyone else would be mad that you called them a liar too, so don't go around saying it's just me and that I have a problem. It's called rudeness, and I think most would agree. You just don't like the fact that I called you out on it.

KiloByte
10-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah, there is when I"m being called a liar. It's common sense to assume that just because you've not seen it in your area, that that doesn't mean that it's like that everywhere in the world. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word bitch, but maybe you shouldn't have automatically assumed I was lieing just because you haven't seen a pharmacy open 24/7. It's kind of arrogant to think you know everything. I think anyone else would be mad that you called them a liar too, so don't go around saying it's just me and that I have a problem. It's called rudeness, and I think most would agree. You just don't like the fact that I called you out on it.

I never called you a liar, I'm just telling you what I saw. You're putting words in my mouth and "calling me out" on thin air my friend.

Narkotikon
10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Then what should I conclude?:

I told a story that said I was in a Walgreens at 1:00 AM getting a script filled.

Next post: You said that I've never seen a RX part of a pharm open past 10:00 PM

Next post: I said that Walgreens are open 24/7 in lots of locations.

Next post: You said not the pharmacy though.

You tell me, what should I conclude from that other than you're calling me a liar. I mean, if you've never seen it, fine. Say that. Say that you've never seen it. But don't argue with me saying that what I said wasn't true. That's what you did, and the only conclusion I can think of is that you're calling me a liar. Was that not the case?

Listen, I'm a pretty easy person to get along with. I really don't care what people think. There are really only a few things that I care about, and they are:

1. People telling me that my opinions are stupid, and that I must be stupid for believing in them, when they themselves demand respect for their opinions.

2. People telling me I'm full of shit with no conclusive evidence (i.e., calling me a liar).

Those really piss me off.

If you're not trying to do that, then fine. By all means let's drop this. But, tell me, what else should I conclude from that little transcript up there? It's the only logical conclusion.

KiloByte
10-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Then what should I conclude?:

I told a story that said I was in a Walgreens at 1:00 AM getting a script filled.

Next post: You said that I've never seen a RX part of a pharm open past 10:00 PM

Next post: I said that Walgreens are open 24/7 in lots of locations.

Next post: You said not the pharmacy though.

You tell me, what should I conclude from that other than you're calling me a liar. I mean, if you've never seen it, fine. Say that. Say that you've never seen it. But don't argue with me saying that what I said wasn't true. That's what you did, and the only conclusion I can think of is that you're calling me a liar. Was that not the case?

Listen, I'm a pretty easy person to get along with. I really don't care what people think. There are really only a few things that I care about, and they are:

1. People telling me that my opinions are stupid, and that I must be stupid for believing in them, when they themselves demand respect for their opinions.

2. People telling me I'm full of shit with no conclusive evidence (i.e., calling me a liar).

Those really piss me off.

If you're not trying to do that, then fine. By all means let's drop this. But, tell me, what else should I conclude from that little transcript up there? It's the only logical conclusion.

Fair enough, it was a simple miscommunication. Didn't mean to start anything.

Narkotikon
10-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Fair enough, it was a simple miscommunication. Didn't mean to start anything.

Accepted. Yeah, I don't like arguing on here either, but I do stand up for myself. It was just a miscommunication.

LorTabitha
10-05-2008, 05:50 PM
I think it's so stupid when people go in there with something written on a piece of paper, like they "don't know" what they are going there to pick up (as if this makes it any less suspicious :rolleyes:) or when they act like they are going in there to pick it up for a grandmother/brother/dog/etc. It's pretty to obvious to anyone with half a brain that you are going there to pick up needles, to use for drugs, on yourself. Going in there with a piece of paper that says "syringes, 29 gauge, 1 cc" or whatever is so lame. Who hands a piece of paper to a clerk in a store anyway?
<snip>
Again, I would recommend going against the "buying for grandma/friend/dog" route, as odds are if you're shooting up, and they sell it to you, you're going to go back and buy more, which is going to make it obvious you're lying.

First of all, thank you dieselbaby for your excellent tips. I do have a comment, however, on one of your points. (I'm just passing along my experiences, which are different than yours, but both are valid. :D)

The first time I went into a pharmacy to buy syringes for my diabetic cat, I walked in completely upset and confused, with a piece of paper where my vet had written information about a syringe that would work for my cat. (which I handed to the pharmacist, who had never heard of cats getting diabetes, but he was a great guy and willing to work with me.) I bought a box, and when those were gone, I bought another box, and another, and another, until the cat died, several years later. So, using the cat/dog story really can work (and/or be true!) If you're just not comfortable and/or laws prevent you from getting your own syringes, the diabetic pet trick is a good one. :) And, dogs can need a lot of insulin which equates to lots of syringes daily.

cg5
10-05-2008, 07:15 PM
why the hell is it such a hassel to buy needels? and they can refuse u in the states? Over here they ask no questions whatso ever... they have to sell them to you... cant just say no.

bored in sofl
10-05-2008, 07:18 PM
the internet did wonders for my needle shopping expience

dieselbaby
10-05-2008, 09:49 PM
First of all, thank you dieselbaby for your excellent tips. I do have a comment, however, on one of your points. (I'm just passing along my experiences, which are different than yours, but both are valid. :D)

The first time I went into a pharmacy to buy syringes for my diabetic cat, I walked in completely upset and confused, with a piece of paper where my vet had written information about a syringe that would work for my cat. (which I handed to the pharmacist, who had never heard of cats getting diabetes, but he was a great guy and willing to work with me.) I bought a box, and when those were gone, I bought another box, and another, and another, until the cat died, several years later. So, using the cat/dog story really can work (and/or be true!) If you're just not comfortable and/or laws prevent you from getting your own syringes, the diabetic pet trick is a good one. :) And, dogs can need a lot of insulin which equates to lots of syringes daily.

I suppose, it could work on the off chance that you are the owner of a cat or dog that has to suffer from diabetes. Did your cat hate having to get injections? I would feel so bad shooting up my dog :( What I really meant though was that a lot of people try to use that excuse but they wouldn't really have all the information as you did and they'd most likely be young which always makes pharmacists suspicious (they are not racist I guess you can call it age-ist or something since they will especially eye you if you are young and picking up either needles or prescriptions for anything good).

AmblerG
06-13-2009, 05:46 PM
I just got these new rigs, 30G... the nice small size. 30g is what I usually get, but these are 1/2 mL and 5/16" (8mm) short tip. And man, oh man is the tip short. I'll tell ya what, they are so short that it may making hitting some veins harder. But I think I like the short tip for it being less likely to break. I would think the short tip is a bit safer, as it really is too short to bend or by some rare chance, snap.

These points are really nice though. I have always liked nice fresh, clean, sterile, impeccable, syringes. And, I have never had more than a few single spikes at a time, usually using them quite a few times before discarding it. I use alcohol an bleach rinses to sanitize them between uses.

But now, I got twenty brand new, sterile rigs. I'm going to make them last.

If you got a anything from my rant, it may be to try a 'short tip' needle before buying a big pack of them...as you may not prefer them. also, 1/2mL is a small volume of fluid, that may be considered for future purchases.

best regards,
AmblerG

Poppylvr
06-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Key points:

1/2 cc or 1/3 cc (what I use for my insulin) are very small & hard to get quantity of drug into. 1 cc would be better.
The larger the number for the gauge 28,30 etc = the narrower or smaller the needle
the 5/16 (8mm, as AmblerG points out refers to the length of the needle. 8mm is awfully short to get into a vein an anyne except slender people or those with veins just under the surface.
When I was IV'ing I used 25 gauge usually 1 inch or 1/2 inch needles to get right into the center of the veins. I most often injected with a 20cc syringe(!) - because that is the size of the morphine syringes that fit into those pain pumps, and it contained 20mg morphine. Obviously I liked using the more concentrated stuff better but those were easier to get.

mart1n
06-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Lately I've been using 1.5 inch, 25 gauge, 3cc rigs. You can buy rigs at pharms here in Seattle. It's pretty funny though, in areas with heavier drug use/selling the pharms sell a 10 bag of rigs for $8-$9. Robbery.

gameface
06-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I bought rigs at a walgreens in LongBeach CA about 6 blocks from the Convention Center 10 days ago. Called ahead of time and told them "I was in town with my diabetes type 2 infilicted dad for a coin show and we did not bring any syringes on the plane". I went in, gave them ID and had no problems or even an attitude getting my issue. They were actually quite helpful. I am young, and skinny. However I do "clean up well". It was easier than WA state, where us junkies have one or two pharms that are known to be user friendly.

BTW ask for 1 cc inssulin syringes, and I like the 1/2" version. Shorts are harder for me to hit with. They have always been 29 gauge which are perfect for me.

Citrus
06-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Whoever said there arent pharmacy's open 24 hours should leave their house once in awhile. Its so rare at least in Detroit, ABQ, El Paso, Toledo, for there to be some sort of Walgreens or CVS, or whatever small store like that you have, with a pharmacy NOT open 24 hours.

FYI-- 31g 1cc Short tips(1/2'') BD always.

I am also a diabetic, so I have no problem getting rigs, whatsoever. Then again, I've never been asked why I need them, so. :)

ndoftaworld
06-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Whoever said there arent pharmacy's open 24 hours should leave their house once in awhile. Its so rare at least in Detroit, ABQ, El Paso, Toledo, for there to be some sort of Walgreens or CVS, or whatever small store like that you have, with a pharmacy NOT open 24 hours.

FYI-- 31g 1cc Short tips(1/2'') BD always.

I am also a diabetic, so I have no problem getting rigs, whatsoever. Then again, I've never been asked why I need them, so. :)

Ya, I'd say almost any town with around 10,000 people should have @ least ONE 'All Nite Pick em & Stick Em'

Walgreen's brand 30g 1cc for me (cheap as hell, and when I'm getting generic rx's, soda's, etc. I just ask for the 'store brand syringes' also) First time I bought em, I asked a Pharm Tech (while they were filling a dillie script :p ) do I need documentation of my diabietes to buy em? Of course not, but it helped 'break the ice.' Never had a problem, though I'm smart enough now to NOT ask for sharps while filling a CII narcotic rx. Sheesh, dumb luck.

Waaaaaayyyyy off-topic... but, I'm diggin' these Watson 50's, gonna have to get back on the PAP for Dura's, hehe. Uh-oh, Dragon's in the corner... gotta go chase it. :cool:

Nd

kyzmet
06-14-2009, 02:16 PM
I like the allergy syringes. I've actually found that they're a more unusual request, so the pharm tech is more often than not distacted by the fact that they don't know what they are or where they are kept. The pet excuse is also a good one I've used. I used to be a vet tech and most vets don't have needles to give to clients. But allergies are very common in both cats and dogs, and owners usually opt to give the injection to the animal themselves instead of bringing it into the vet every week/month and being charged. The same is true for insulin injections for diabetic cats & dogs. Most pharm techs don't have a clue about veterinary pharmacy, so they'll believe you.

Back to the allergy syringes, the actual needle is a little thicker, but it's sharper and more durable. I used be too much of a puss and only get the 1/2" ultrafine. But they dull quickly and can be difficult if you have hard-to-find veins. I of course don't recommend reusing your needles, but honestly, most of us have done it. And insulin needles don't last. The allergy syringes stay sharp for a while. I have also been turned away when asking for insulin needles. Most pharmacies don't question you (i'm in NC), but I have had a tech ask me what kind of insulin I use. I wasn't expecting this and so wasn't prepared to answer. She told me to go somewhere else. And sometimes at WalMart the techs will make it a point to shout to the rest of the staff and customers that needles have been requested, in an attempt to embarrass. dicks. Anyway, find a small local pharmacy and say it's for your pet. Usually you'll get a smile instead of a suspicious look.

ryan5892
06-14-2009, 02:44 PM
where im from theres one CVS pharmacy in a bad area of town that will sell you needles, and they even sell them at the front counter where you buy cigarettes not at the pharmacy.

all the other drug stores in town the needles are behind the counter at the pharmacy and you are required to have a script to buy them.

JTDuffet
06-18-2009, 02:25 PM
hey guys, I would like to add my 2 cents.. i need a LOT of needles, as I tend to shoot 4 times/day every day... and if you do the math, i need at least 28 pins / week.

I like these the best: 1CC, 30G, 1/2" needle is my size. BD typically..

i didn't know they make 1CC 31G 1/2", cause that would be even better I think., although at my usually dose of .4-.6 grams, its hard to get the junk to get into the rig with anything bigger than 30guage..

for my location, I can buy them any time I need them. but sometimes I get the look, or negative comment.. for instance, the other day I went into a CVS and the technician behind the counter came up and asked me what I needed..

I said. I need 5 packs of 1CC, 30G 1/2".. and she says, "Five packs? thats FIFTY?" and I was thinking to myself, yes, I can do the math too., its 50 please. that will be 13 dollars.. thats how much I pay.. 2.70 ish / pack of 10.. pretty cheap actually..

-jt

HistoryofMadness
06-18-2009, 02:49 PM
1cc ultrafine long

Nonphixion
06-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Anyone know the laws in WISCONSIN can u just go and buy them at Walgreens,CVS,ect.??

The Paregoric Man
06-18-2009, 11:01 PM
If for some reason you can't find a pharmacy around you that sells syringes you can always go to a agro supply or feed stores, anyplace that sells animal vaccines and ampoules. I just bought three doses of dog vaccine last week and they had a tub of individually wrapped syringes on the counter at 33 cents each.
You won't be questioned or asked for ID, just look normal.

They are BD tuberculina 29G 1ml, the barrel is big but otherwise its fine.
Honestly though its cheapest to just buy online.

InfectedMushroom
06-19-2009, 12:38 AM
I just buy online as well, cheap plus PA sucks with needle laws. They come discreet and I buy enough to keep me good for a little while.

losangeleslifer
06-19-2009, 01:23 AM
they know me 25g 1"and a half.

And that pharm tech smiles so much that I want to fuck her on the counter.

odd
06-20-2009, 07:06 PM

What? it's California law for pharmacies to sell you ONE bag of insulin syringes without any type of verification or anything. I have never had any issues purchasing a bag of rigs from any drugs store. Mom & Pop places might hassle you, but if you go to a Walgreens or Wal-Mart they cannot turn you down.

krinkov
06-21-2009, 01:54 AM
I always get 1cc 1/2" 30 gauge insulin rigs. No laws stopping us in Michigan. One of the few good things here. :D

I-Nod
06-21-2009, 07:23 AM
No laws stopping us in Michigan. One of the few good things here. :D

Same with Ohio... never asked a single question, except "we only have 2 (bags) left, is that alright?" Usually get the 31g 1/2", 1cc here... got 18g the first time I went and didn't even attempt to use them lawn-darts. Looked like the plasma donor needles.

nycjrt
06-21-2009, 07:45 AM
they know me 25g 1"and a half.
And that pharm tech smiles so much that I want to fuck her on the counter.
wish i had some of those pharm-techs here...i usually go to the bigger/chain stores (recently, there are plenty here in ny- goodbye mom and pop places) found that cvs/rite aid are fine, quick and cheap- store brands ok for single use, not as good as B-D for multiple- those chains always have my 30g in stock (1 or 1/2 cc ok if i'm just using powder) - however it does depend on the neighborhood you are in- most pharmacies don't bother asking for id, or having you sign in (when syringe access law was passed, mandated id, sign in and limit of a ten-pack) however some pharm-techs are a bit high on their horse, and make a big production about simply walking ten feet...after asking for id, etc. they will shout 2-3 times 'are you sure you want..." for everyone in line to hear (whatever happened to my HIIPA rights?), the duane reade chain is the worst for this, and when they do come through the most expensive- i've been told by multiple dr stores they are 'sold out' of 30s, and when i ask for 31, 29, etc. they happen to be sold out of those too...if you are in ny use rite aid or cvs.- 29, 30 &31 gauge all work for me- in fact i like to have a mix in case i need to use hands/etc...

JTDuffet
02-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I am still getting the 30g 1CC 1/2" needles, and they are working out ok. anyone else want to offer their input?

-jt

paups
02-11-2010, 09:29 PM
10pk of .5cc 30gauge 3/8" points
$3-4 at Duane Reade or CVS.
I avoid Walgreens because they often only have their own generic brand and I dont like those at all..

RifRaf
02-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I just stumble up to the counter, scratching my nose a lot, and say "Hey man I just got some really good shit and need a bag of rigs. Also since I am here, can you tell me where the plumbing section is? I need a box of Chore Boy. Oh and can you ring this bottle of Rum up here?"

But for real. I usually goto Wal-Mart since they have never turned me down (I read somewhere that it may be company policy, in some states, for Wal-Mart to sell rigs to you regardless). I simply get to the counter and ask for "A 10pack of 1cc Insulin shorts" and they get it for me, show me the bag and ask if it is "correct" and I say yes and pay. For awhile I used to get some cheap Diabetic candy and alcohol pads (since us Junkies apparently never use those :rolleyes:) just so it looked like I may generally need everything.

erica
02-12-2010, 04:42 AM
I get the 29g, 1/2" .5mL Walgreens brand, full box. I think it's around $15. Never had a problem until this week, the pharmacist was a BITCH. Don't know what her problem was, but whatever, she sold them to me anyway.

The_Highwayman
02-12-2010, 09:13 AM
I would catch flack at pharms for buyinh needles WITH a script...asking questions..i did have one good pharm who would be cool but he was an hour away

taj
02-12-2010, 09:42 AM
1 cc 1/2" 29 gauge.. I buy mine online through Amazon, heh.. costs $16 for a box of 100, including shipping.

In my state(northern new england) apparently, they are allowed to sell you a 10 pack without a script, and I know people that buy them at the pharmacy, but I'd rather get them online, especially since I live in a super small town.

There are a few online places that list the requirements per state, and will only sell you the obligatory 10 if they are sending them to someone in my state, unless you fax in a script for them. Obviously the place I use doesn't do that, and I usually get them within 2 or 3 days of placing the order, another yay! for the interwebz..

here are the needle laws and needle exchange availability for the following New England states..

MA: http://www.glad.org/rights/massachusetts/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-massachusetts/

RI: http://www.glad.org/rights/rhodeisland/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-rhode-island/

CT: http://www.glad.org/rights/connecticut/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-connecticut/

NH: http://www.glad.org/rights/newhampshire/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-new-hampshire/

ME: http://www.glad.org/rights/maine/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-maine/

kataklyzm
02-12-2010, 11:25 AM
in vegas, i guess is up to the pharmacist too, if im in summerlin/southwest, they wont sell to me, but anywhere else i tell them im an art student and i need them to recharge some markers (ie prismacolors) and ask for a fine point , play dumb, they"ll sel to me, but not on the SW side of town...wierd

pegasys
02-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Swim was a bout to post a thread on just this topic. The other day swim was at a big-chain pharmacy and trying to buys points (as well as some snackage) and the pharmacist decided to use his discretion and not sell them.
SWIM ended up bugging out and going off on a rant about harm reduction and how if he had half a brain he would know that in the long run he is probably going to be responsible for needle sharing, infections, etc.

This contrasts to the day before at a different pharmacy where swim's points came with a talk on sharps containers, safe injecting, and a harm reduction packet.

Both pharmacies were in NY, so it seems like its up to the pharmacist.

In terms of what swim gets, 1 CC or half CC 28 or 29 gauge. SWIM has used 30 and 31, but they are too hard to register with.

kill
02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
lol i pulled the smart junky move and looked up diabetes online and what type i needed to have and all that...when i went in i pulled the story that "i have diabetes and normally i buy all of my supplies online but i'm down to my last syringe and i don't know if my package is going to come in today and i want to make sure i have a syringe to take my insulin later on if it ends up not coming today..."

they asked me all types of questions like:

what type of insulin do you take, like how much:
i just told them i normally take about 50 units per dose
what type of syringe do you normally get:
i normally get the u100 BD ultrafine

then i started looking at the pamphlets for diabetes and found one to look up what your eating online and it'll track your diet and showed interest...lol

i think it as like 3$ or something...

the problem in my state is that it's legal to sell but it's up to THEIR DISCRETION...so they could just say no and thats it..nothing you can do...thats why i chose to play the i have diabetes and i'm waiting on my package of syringes to arrive and ran out ploy....because in anyone's conscious if they WOULD have turned me down and i WOULD have had diabetes and i WOULDN'T have been able to take my medicine and anything would have happened...jesus christ would there be shit to pay + how would they feel about potentially killing someone by denying them a stupid syringe??....

jedi mind tricks...rofl ;) NOW GIMME MY DAMN PINZ SO I CAN BOOT MY DOPES#$%#$$#% damn pharmacists....

djbluebeard
02-14-2010, 05:24 PM
"I need a pack of allergy syringes..."

That's it... $5.45+tax for 10 pack

dieselbaby
02-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Swim was a bout to post a thread on just this topic. The other day swim was at a big-chain pharmacy and trying to buys points (as well as some snackage) and the pharmacist decided to use his discretion and not sell them.
SWIM ended up bugging out and going off on a rant about harm reduction and how if he had half a brain he would know that in the long run he is probably going to be responsible for needle sharing, infections, etc.

Where in NY was this? They HAVE to sell you 10, it's part of the HIV/AIDS prevention program, you can see for yourself on the NY State Dept of Health website. If they give you a problem next time feel free to mention this, although I think you just pissed off the pharmacist. What chain was it at? It's definitely not up to the discretion of the pharmacist, at least not in NY.

Opie I. T.
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
30g / short tip is preferred. $12 and some change for box of 100 at wally world. haven't had a problem yet

OpiatedVegas
02-14-2010, 10:17 PM
30g / short tip is preferred. $12 and some change for box of 100 at wally world. haven't had a problem yet
Reli-on? Thats exactly what my boy uses and from Wally World as well. 12.99 + tax out here.

Opie I. T.
02-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Reli-on? Thats exactly what my boy uses and from Wally World as well. 12.99 + tax out here.

yup, reli-on brand. wats yer boy think of em? with the exception of a few b & d's, this is the only brand ive used. i like em though.

pegasys
02-14-2010, 11:03 PM
It was on long island. swim goes there all the time and never has any problems, maybe it was because it was late at night, idk. I complained to the manager and he claimed to have looked it up and said it is at the pharmacists discretion. All it did was make me drive across town.

paups
02-14-2010, 11:38 PM
here are the needle laws and needle exchange availability for the following New England states..

MA: http://www.glad.org/rights/massachusetts/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-massachusetts/

RI: http://www.glad.org/rights/rhodeisland/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-rhode-island/

CT: http://www.glad.org/rights/connecticut/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-connecticut/

NH: http://www.glad.org/rights/newhampshire/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-new-hampshire/

ME: http://www.glad.org/rights/maine/c/other-hiv-related-laws-in-maine/

great info taj.. Im in NYC so i just hit duane reade but I lived in Boston right after they changed the law to allow non-script pharm sales. when I was in high school living in north mass we used to steal rigs from a friend who had a diabetic cat.. so the pet excuse is a pretty legit one.. there was a needle exchange in boston at the time but we didnt go to the city that often. there was a guy who would bring a briefcase around to different houses in Lawrence where we copped.. hed sell new points for a dollar a piece. BUT there was someone else who would actually sell USED "bleached" ones for 50 cent. THIS is why need easy access to clean rigs.
I grew up in Maine.. I cant really imagine what the game is like up there.. I always imagined it was mostly meth and pills..

also this is kindof ridiculous but in a way far-fetched enough that it has been believable..
Im a painter and once a friend found a rig near my art supplies and was like :confused:
I explained that i used them to make a "spray/splatter" technique with water color ie sucking colored paint water up in the syringe and spraying it on the paper in a controlled fashion.
I have actually used rigs for this technique and it works pretty well so if any of yall opios are painters you should try it sometime. lol:rolleyes:

hey guys, I would like to add my 2 cents.. i need a LOT of needles, as I tend to shoot 4 times/day every day... and if you do the math, i need at least 28 pins / week.

-jt

jt is that MARIJ-A-WUANA in that pic you posted? YOU DIRTY, FILTHY DRUG ADDICT!! stay away from us kids before you poison our minds!! :p

duck
02-15-2010, 12:09 AM
also this is kindof ridiculous but in a way far-fetched enough that it has been believable..
Im a painter and once a friend found a rig near my art supplies and was like :confused:
I explained that i used them to make a "spray/splatter" technique with water color ie sucking colored paint water up in the syringe and spraying it on the paper in a controlled fashion.
I have actually used rigs for this technique and it works pretty well so if any of yall opios are painters you should try it sometime. lol:rolleyes:

I think Anthony Kiedes (sp?) from RHCP did this with his blood, some sort of love note thingy to his girl friend he wrote about in Scar Tissue

Remy Marathe
02-15-2010, 12:13 AM
haha Haven't done it with watercolor, but have done it with blood on a painting.

I just go to the pharmacy counter and say "10 1cc insulin syringes, 29 gauge" and hand them 3 box. Sometimes, they as for ID before selling them, others they'll do this log-book business. I've only been denied about 3 times ever, last time the girl gave me the ridiculous excuse "sorry sir, we don't have any because of the holidays" and I told her "oh don't worry about me, I'll just be on my way home, where I'll go into diabetic shock after eating jesusmist cookies."

I HATE it when they don't have the right kind and I end up with 31G or 1/2cc rigs. Or the random pharmacy that'll charge me a Hamilton per pack.

OpiatedVegas
02-16-2010, 01:21 AM
yup, reli-on brand. wats yer boy think of em? with the exception of a few b & d's, this is the only brand ive used. i like em though.

He likes them a lot, they are the only rigs he likes to use. Says they work best for him with the least mistakes...his veins arent all that visible so you would think a longer tip would be better but these are what he likes. I have used those as well as the Reli-on brand 1cc with slightly longer tip and in my case it makes no difference because the hardest part is choosing which spot of which vein to hit because they all pop out and say hello with just the slightest bit of tie off.

Ickyuck
02-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Being from NJ, I don't have access to syringes from the pharmacy. The 2 needle exchanges are both about 2 hours away and have weird hours. So I usually hotfoot it to Staten Island to get pins from the pharmacy. Since its a long drive and I don't wanna get denied, I usually do this: Make a little fake "shopping list" that says "gramma" at the top. I'll write down some dummy items like milk, mints, and eggs, then at the top write "diabetic syringes 30ga long tip". When I go to the counter I act like I have no idea what they are and usually the clerk just grabs the note from me. It never fails. Yeah, it sounds unnecessary but trust me the last thing I wanna be doing is driving from pharmacy to pharmacy out of state.
I'm also pretty close to PA, its less of a pain in the ass to drive to than Staten Island, so I'm gonna try PA some time soon and see.
I'm broke, but once I have some more cash I'm just gonna forgo all this shite and get 'em online. Thanks for the links, Taj.

blaze1
02-16-2010, 09:59 AM
In ky the only places to get rigs are walmart and cvs without prescription swim usually gets 29g/1cc

Remy Marathe
02-16-2010, 11:39 PM
I've been mastering the art of the UPC Barcode, so I thought I'd give you guys a present.
http://umbilicalblisters.com/public/style_emoticons/default/hifjk.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/SexBombBaby/rs.png

Kallie
02-17-2010, 03:17 AM
I usually get the 3cc, 25g, 1" (for my particular needs) and say it's for my large dog... prednisolone shots (and my 70 lb. dog always rides around with me, unless it's summertime and too hot). So, he's the evidence right in my car, but he's not getting any shots. I dress nicely, no needle marks visible and say exactly what I want. When the idiot cashiers bring me 18g or 20g sets, I politely explain it is difficult enough using 25 or 26g and he's a fairly gentle dog, but I'm not giving him up to several shots a day with that huge thing.

*Prednisolone is used systemically in high doses in emergencies for anaphylactic reactions, spinal-chord trauma, endotoxemic or septic shock. It also is used to manage and treat diseases of practically every organ system in the dog and cat including: gastrointestinal, renal, respiratory, liver, adrenal/endocrine, central nervous system, hematopoetic, dermatologic, musculoskeletal, some autoimmune diseases, some reproductive disorders, some toxicoses and some neoplasic conditions.

The pharmacist even special orders box of 100 for me with next day delivery when they are out and gave me his business card. When the clerks start to harass about "Do you have a prescription?" he interupts them and says I know her... "She's the lady that comes in regularly for her dog's IM shots." And 100 sets of the BD brand in a box is only like $13.20, way cheaper than what I've found on line.
If I need insulin syringes, I go to a different store with my mother's coming to town and asked if I could pick up her syringes she forgot, couldn't board the plane with, etc. Luckily, my city is about 750,000 people so it's got tons of all night pharmacies, and even more regular hour ones. And my experience is the seedier or more blighted the neighborhood, the easier those pharmacies are to purchase from without any hassle. And men seem to be easier than women. I've had numerous wenches state "We can't sell any syringes without a receipt." Maybe it's just the opposite sex is easier to deal with, as is the case with practically any favor or rule-bending. Now, if I see all chicks, I just non-chalantly walk back out and go to another store.
Also, my state is a conservative, backwards tight-ass one and it even makes it a crime for an IDU to simply possess a used syringe ("drug paraphanelia") and/or if ANY trace amount of a Controlled Substance if left, however minute, in the barrel the pigs can be test it and the IDU found guilty of possession and face almost 4 years in prison (for that miniscule trace amount in the used barrel), as well as fined.

Here's a little old, but good link about syringes and all the states laws regarding them. http://www.temple.edu/lawschool/phrhcs/disposal.htm

MMC
02-19-2010, 05:08 PM
i just ask for a bag of 29ga/1cc/1/2" syringes and most of the time they go get them and never question me about anything. i was denied at a walgreens once, but 99% of the time i go to cvs and have no problem.

there is a local mom & pop pharmacy that my landlord/roommate told me is where all the locals get theirs from, and i guess i didn't specify well enough as i got some enormous non-insulin needles (actually i got 3-4 correct and 6-7 incorrect so i think it was just the person who helped me wasn't paying attention). i took them back and this time the old-timer pharmacist was helping me and asked what kind & how much insulin i was using. since i had heard someone talking about giving their dog insulin shots on the radio the night before i just said i was unsure of the type of insulin but that i was giving 15 units per dose. i ended up walking out with 29ga/0.5cc/3/8" syringes. not exactly my normal, but they worked just fine.

paups
02-19-2010, 11:27 PM
i ended up walking out with 29ga/0.5cc/3/8" syringes. not exactly my normal, but they worked just fine.

Thats the best kind imho.. or 30ga is even better. The CVS near my office has this punk rock pharmacist tending.. he has full sleeve tattoos and a hipster mullet lmao.. anyway I feel a combination of badass and embarrassed when I buy rigs from him. Im very non-chalant when I request..never offered an explaination..and I often pay with a $100 cus I just got paid and need the change.. he's never questioned me or given me the "pamphlet" they distribute sometimes..
There are 6 pharamacies in the 5 blocks around my office so i try to diffuse but when I go to him I always chuckle inside a little.. and also feel appreciative that he must know my deal and doesnt care at all..

I generally IM so the 3/8" makes all the differnce.. theres nothing worse than "skin popping" with a short..

Spiritualized
02-20-2010, 12:22 AM
I've been ordering mine from Amazon the past year, used to get 1/2" tips but this time I got 5/16", and WOW they are much better for not blowing shots. At least if you are a girl with marbley skin.